Polished Diamond

Knight in Shining Armor

(NO POV)

The squeaking of shoes sounded from inside the enclosed room. Mirrors reflected from each wall, giving a clear view to the two figures moving powerfully to the loud beat. The two elegantly yet forcefully combined movements to create a dance so difficult, although it looked so easy when they did it, one would probably think that they were secretly being filmed. Their facials had sass, a few flirty smirks and winks to their non existent audience.

The music slowed to a stop and the two hit their ending pose, waiting a few seconds, and looked up to the door only to hear clapping.

"Wow, Kai, Lay, that was great!" Luhan entered, hands still in clapping positions, jokingly calling the two by their stage names.

"That's Yixing to you," Yixing hit his shoulder playfully, still out of breath from the intricate dance routine.

"You guys were practicing?" Minseok entered the door a second later, holding a pack of water bottles and a few towels, "I brought some stuff, I knew that you two would be here early practicing."

"Thanks, Minseok, it means a lot," Jongin flashed a friendly smile, catching a water bottle Luhan tossed towards him.

"Give me one of those will you," Yixing beckoned her hand, tying her hair up in the process, the sweat rolling off her face to her neck made her body feel sticky.

"Here you go Yixing," Minseok gave her a bottle as well, patting down her sweat with a towel herself. 

"You're the best," Yixing tried to hug her with a glint in her eyes. 

"Get back! You're sweaty!" Minseok stepped back, remembering that the dancers liked to , out of love of course.

Minseok commonly visited the dance room, appreciating dance herself. Yixing often commented about what a good dancer she was and how she should join, but Minseok didn't feel like she had the confidence to dance on stage. So instead she danced around behind the scenes and supported the performers by bringing snacks, water, towels, and more. 

They all loved seeing her, before when she first started stopping by she tried to stay out of sight, mysterious treats and water laid out on the table. Yixing revealed that they were from the previously known ice queen herself, and one by one people started opening up to a new idea of Minseok. Now, it was a rare occurrence to not see her in the dance studio, without a few bags filled with goodies.


"Shall we start?" Yixing sat down, gaining back her breath.

"I think you'll do well, you dance right?" Jongin titled his head.

"Sometimes, not much though," Minseok scratched the back of her head in embarrassment, a faint blush warming her cheeks.

"Really? You should show me some time, or I could try a dance with you!" Luhan was feeling a little left out, discovering so many new things about his baozi.

"Next time, but I think she'll be able to catch on quickly then," Yixing laughed, "but the question is, Luhan, how good are you at dancing?"

"Never tried hip hop or anything but I'm awesome at ballroom dancing, it's like a second nature to me!" Luhan remarked confidently, placing his hands on his hips to show it.

"Really now?" Jongin jokingly doubted him, not exactly believing if the rugged ex soccer captain could elegantly dance in the ballroom spotlight.

"How about you two? Are you guys and good at ballroom dancing? I mean I don't doubt your modern dances," Luhan put his hands up in defense.

"I've done enough ballet and classical dancing," Jongin clapped his hands together, posing in fourth position to show his point.

"I have my share of it too," Yixing stood, holding a hand out to Jongin, "shall we demonstrate?" 

"That's my job," Jongin firmly grasped her hand anyway, and the two stood, immediately going into the proper position. They were at a pretty far distance, although Jongin's hand hovered around Yixing's waist, and their two hands softly held together. Sure, they had some pretty intimate dance choreographers but, more y? Not really lovely and romantic, so they were pretty awkward.

"You guys are teachers, do it right!" Luhan cheekily laughed, pushing them together a bit further.

"He's right, Kai, let's just be professional here, we have our respected partners," Yixing thought about her boyfriend, his eyebrows furrowed cutely, pouting, uncharacteristically to his first impression of a cold ice prince. 

Jongin straightened up, also thinking of his girlfriend, who was quite the opposite of Sehun, she was short with large round eyes, plump lips, and overall very cute looking, unless you fell under her harsh glare. He still thought she was cute though, no matter what people normally said about her.

So Yixing and Jongin swayed to the piano piece queued by Minseok. Like experts they gracefully stepped in the correct steps, moving together like a puzzle, at the same time, like they had rehearsed a thousand times. Their eyes seemed to go blank, expressions poised, and with one final twirl, Jongin bowed and Yixing curtsied with her non existent skirt and they both beamed, looking at Minseok's starry eyes.


"You two were beautiful!" Minseok burst forward, taking both of their hands, shaking them excitedly.

"You'll be the same soon," Yixing mused, eyes soft, brushing a hand through the shorter's hair. Although Minseok was the oldest, they often forgot because of her cute look and actions.

"Okay, Luhan, come here as well, can you show Minseok to the proper positions?" Jongin nodded his head to Luhan, who had a hand on his chin, smiling lovingly at Minseok.

"Sure thing," he jumped up, whisking Minseok away to the center of the room, placing a hand on the small of her back and hers on his shoulder. He joined their hands and looked at Yixing for further instruction.

Step by step Minseok picked up the dance steps from Yixing, who knew the female part to the waltz.

Luhan merely played along, feet moving on its own, used to years of dancing ever since childhood, at his father's business parties. Instead of focusing on dancing he enjoyed look at Minseok, furrowed brows in focus, not wanting to mess up.

"Shall we try this, slowly?" Luhan proposed, met with a quick nod from the older. Suddenly his phone buzzed.

"Take it, we still have time," Minseok removed herself from him, giving him permission to take it.

"It'll take only a minute," and with that he ran outside to check the text.

It was from his mother, it read something along the lines of a request for Luhan to get to the house soon for preparations for the next day. His father also called for his presence.

Luhan texted a quick "okay" knowing that he had no right to say no. Shaking his head sadly he walked back into the studio.

Immediately a song played in his head, shalalalalaaaa.

Sparkles and flowers seemed to surround his girlfriend as she so gracefully swayed her dainty hips and moved to the classical tune.

Her soft gaze and light steps were opposite of Jongin's more powerful steps.

Luhan's jaw dropped, looking at how gorgeous she was at the moment. 

"Oh, Luhan you're back," Jongin noticed and stepped away from Minseok, "she's a pro! She got the dance down in the second try!"

"Ah, thanks," Minseok smiled faintly.

"You guys, I have to go, you think you can take Minseok to go see Tao?" Luhan asked apologetically, holding his phone up in explanation.

"Of course, we need to go get some stage outfit suggestions as well anyway," Yixing understood immediately, putting an arm around Minseok.

"I have to get going now, there's a car waiting for me," Luhan jabbed his thumb out the window, where a sleek black car was parked.

"Be good, I love you," Minseok stepped forwards, kissing his cheek as Jongin and Yixing talked.

"I love you too, you were absolutely stunning today, I hope to be able to be your partner next time," Luhan bent down to kiss her forehead.

Then with a final hug he was off.


"And where have you all been?" Tao scoffed, causing the three to flinch at the sound of his annoyed voice.

Then he ran past them all, causing them to jump in surprise, but he simply reached to the rack of clothing a delivery man brought in.

"I've been waiting all week," Tao talked to the cloth lovingly, rubbing a finger over the lace and velvet.

"Is he talking to the clothes or us?" Jongin leaned down to Yixing's ear.

"The clothes I think? We're here early," Yixing checked her phone time, seeing they were not late.

"Now you," Tao whipped his head around to face them.

"Hi Tao! How have you been?" Minseok piped up, with a smile graced on her lips.

"Absolutely horrible! I've been waiting for forever to have these outfits shipped in and they only came today, ugh! How have you been! My poor baby has been going through so much these past few weeks!" Tao always seemed to know what she was going through, for the better, even though he didn't know the details. He knew not to push his questions for delicate topics. 

He opened his arms to hug Minseok, who gladly responded, casually doting on the younger like usual.

"I'm good," Minseok made sure not his touch his hair, knowing he would throw a fit if he didn't look on point.

"Now," Tao pulled Minseok away, holding her shoulders, giving her a clear stare down, "hm, good style... could be a bit better, needs a point. Not to worry, I'll make you over."

"Was that an insult?" Jongin questioned, clearly confused.

"No, he just gets really passionate about fashion, he'd like to be a clothes designer, if he isn't one already," Yixing gave an eye smile, remembering Tao's nasally voice when they were younger, still commenting on ways Yixing could make her outfit look better.

"Is that so?" Jongin raised his brows, looking on at the man running back and forth, shoving clothes into the arms of a worried Minseok, almost covered in outfits.

One by one she tried them on, Tao making her take at least a weeks worth of them in case she needed them for further meetings, he promised he would give her more as she needed them.

Today might as well have been Tao's favorite day, being able to dress up not one, but three of his friends, however he wanted, and he would make them look good.


Note: Sorry for late update! THE MEETING IS NEXT CHAPTER!!!!!