Sixth Hour

Our Time Together

Just as Joy stepped into the room, Seulgi suddenly dragged her into the classroom. Weirdly, she didn't ask Joy about Sungjae. She only forced Joy to look outside. At first, Joy was confused. But then, she noticed Sehun stretching his muscles. Joy looked at Seulgi again and raised her eyebrows. Seulgi smirked at her.

"Nice view, isn't it?" Seulgi whistled. Joy nodded in agreement. 

"Really nice," Joy snickered. "Every time Sehun stretches, I just see the El Dorado."

Seulgi elbowed Joy before laughing. 

"So how was it?" Seulgi asked. "It took you more than a hour, you know, so it just means you two had something to talk about."

Joy shrugged with a smile on her face. 

"It was heavenly, per usual. He had a lot of questions for me," she answered. "Luckily, I knew how to avoid some topics."

 

"Joshua," Sungjae automatically called for his friend when he entered the room. The mentioned friend turned his head after he exchanged words with another classmate of theirs. He smirked at Sungjae before approaching him. 

"So, did she let you in?" 

Sungjae shrugged. 

"I think not," Sungjae paused, pursing his lips. "Yet."

"Aren't you determined? Too determined," Joshua teased. "Sorry for being like TaeTae but you act like you're really interested in Joy."

"She's an open book, just like you said," Sungjae said. "But you need the right key to open a book like her."

Joshua grinned at him before nodding. He was glad Sungjae knew what Joshua meant before. Joy was rather secretive, a mysterious character of the sort. Joshua, himself, had a lot of questions for Joy, but he knew he'll never get the answers he wanted. It was Sungjae's role to ask Joy these questions. Joshua and Sungjae thought at the same wavelength. Joshua knew Sungjae would think of the same questions Joshua had been thinking ever since he heard of Joy. 

"Did you ask about her social life?" Joshua asked. Sungjae shook his head.

"That's not really important for now," Sungjae whistled. "Family life molds a person. Whoever Joy really is, it's mainly because of her surroundings back at her home."

"Nice," Joshua showed a thumbs-up. "Wise choice. So, did you ask much?"

"She didn't let me," Sungjae frowned. "The right key, huh. I think only a few men have that."

"I have guesses," Joshua said. "Such as Jong-in and Jungkook. Aren't they the first people she told about her feelings for you?"

"Should I ask them then?" 

Joshua shrugged. 

"Your decision, bro."

 

As soon as Joy's section was dismissed, Wendy immediately called for her friend. She waved her hands around so Joy could notice her and she did. She ran outside of the room and raised her eyebrows with expectation painted all over her face.

"I asked him everything that I could about that Sungjae dude," Wendy told her. "God, you made me sound like a stalker."

"Well, I had no choice! You're classmates with his bestfriend!" Joy said before hugging Wendy. "I'm so lucky to have you!"

"You're more than lucky, Joy. Seriously," Wendy rolled her eyes. "I swear if we weren't friends for that long."

"And I'm glad we are!" Joy showed a wide smile. "So, what did Jongdae say?"

"Okay, most of the time, Sungjae's parents aren't usually home. Mr Yook from country to country as an agent of a company and Mrs Yook works in a nearby orphanage, more of helps out there," Wendy elaborated on all the things Jongdae told her. Joy listened attentively and made sure no one else hears of their conversation. Call it stalking, Joy called it investigating. She needed to know more about Sungjae after all. She didn't stalk his profile on SNS so she's pretty much clueless.

"Thanks so much, Wendy!" Joy clapped her hands. "You outdid yourself today."

"You're welcome, Joy," Wendy crossed her arms. "But if you want to know him more so much, why don't you ask him himself than ask his friends? Isn't that the normal thing to do?"

"When was I ever normal, Wendy?" Joy turned her back to Wendy. "Aside from that, I'm still getting used to talking to him. I'll get to that point in the future. Don't worry. Just not now."

 

"So, Sungjae, why did you call me out? Do we have a match later on or something?" Jong-in asked. Sungjae looked anxious for once. Well, after all, Sungjae wasn't the type of person to ask others about girls, especially a specific girl who he talks to every lunch. It might sound like he liked her but he didn't. He was sure of that. But his curiosity had the best of him. He needed to know more about her. Joy was like a riddle he wanted to answer. She was like an illusion he couldn't figure out. She was like an unexplainable phenomena he wanted to figure out. 

But every time Sungjae attempted opening his mouth, his throat felt dry. It was out of his character to ask about Joy. He desperately avoided her before. Why was he going to ask about her? 

"About Joy," he finally answered. Jong-in raised his eyebrows and his lips formed a smirk. 

"So you having troubles with her? She's a troublemaking girl after all," Jong-in commented. "She flirts with everyone but she can't flirt with the single guy she truly likes. She's a paradox, a funny one. She acts like the opposite of how she feels. That's who Joy is."

"I'm not really having trouble with her but that's it," Sungjae told him. "She doesn't open up to me."

"That's natural for everyone, I think," Jong-in said. "I mean, you've just started to talk to each other right?"

Sungjae nodded. 

"But still..."

"It'll take you a few days and you'll know even the hour she last peed," Jong-in chuckled. "She adapts to people a little bit faster than a normal girl. But since you're her crush, it might take a little longer. She does want to look pleasing in front of you. She might think you wouldn't like her for who she really is, the rowdy girl and the definition of joy and energy."

"Are you sure, Jong-in?" 

Jong-in showed him a reassuring smile before nodding. 

"Trust me, Sungjae. I've known her since middle school. You could even ask Jungkook, granted that he isn't busy with any contest."

 


It's been so long omg thank you for subscribing and omg this is the product of listening to Disney medleys seriously I've been listening to Georgia Merry and Paint and just ugh Disney songs