The Diary from the past

The Everyday ghost stories

The rain come pouring down again with occasional roaring of thunder and the blitz of lightning. Three people,precisely 2 girls and one cat woman walk in the abandoned building of Lake Side highschool,checking their surrounding here and there trying to find the ghost that have been chasing them. They once running from them but now,they search them but ofcourse for the sake of getting away from the place.

 

Yoona ,yuri and the cat woman walk in the empty and dirty hallway of the old building,searching for the ghost they want to encounter. The place is quiet,but sometimes the roar of thunder piercing to the place deafening their ears for a brief of time."Where are them ?".Yoona asked to the unknown woman beside her.

 

The woman lift her finger and place it on her lips. "Sst..do you hear something ?".

Yoona and yuri frown and sharpen their hearing sense.*Clack..clack..clack*. The clacking sounds come again it's must be the artificial human anatomy that controlled by the puppeteer. The sounds come from their back,when they turn around they can saw the doll staring at them with that red eyes,it's so scary especially the half part of it showing how gross human body is

 

Yuri gulped then lift the wooden stick on her hands,truthfully she's frighten with this but she wanted to go back to the normal world and didn't want to meet again with this kind of things. *Blast*. The blitz from the lightning ignite the hallway for awhile coming from the window beside it,and they can saw clearly the anatomy.

 

*Clack..clack..clack*

 

All of them widen their eyes when the puppet march towards yuri,the tanned girl shuddered . She cannot back out now,she have to blow this ghost. "Hiya !!".Yuri swayed the stick and then smack it to the puppet head ,it's got threw to the corner of the room,now remained is just the body. "Hiya !!". The tanned girl moved the stick once more,blowing the down part of the puppet."Ack..die ! die !".In venom she step her feet harshly to the puppet turning it into pieces.

 

"Ehh..yuri enough,the puppet didn't move again now..".Yoona reminded.

"Yeah..and it's no point to say 'die' to a die thing..".The cat woman said sarcastically.

Yuri rolled her eyes turning her body to her. "Ok,lets find another..".She threw the stick to the floor.

*Clack..clack..clack*

 

Yoona widen her eyes when she saw the head part of the puppet fly toward yuri. "Yuri watch out !".Yuri turn her body and got shocked seeing the head march fast toward her. The cat woman noticed this , she immediately grab the stick and throw it to the flying head. *Crash*. It also turn into pieces,the brain,eyes ,teeth are scattering on the floor.

 

"Damn..they are so tough..".Yuri's heart still beating so fast,she nearly lose her life luckily the woman help her. "Thanks.."

The woman sighed. "Just becareful next time,they're not a normal creature..like psycho killer. They always back in the end of the movie..".She threw the stick back to the floor.

"Of course..they are ghost..".Yoona murmured looking at the scattered human anatomy. The woman turn her eyes to her with a thoughtful face."Lets just go..".She said it coldly.

 

The three of them walk to the exit door but got block by the twin ghost on the way. Yuri and yoona gulped seeing them,different with the cat she's so calm and steady. "Like i said..just answer all their questions in neutral way..". Yoona and yuri nodded and continue their walk to the exit door though their body are shivering.

 

This is the first time i encounter with a ghost and now have to talk with them,so great for a beginner. Yuri thought.

 

The twin ghost noticed the three bodies approaching them,they give them a thin smile and empty stare. "Who are you ?".The twin ghost asked with a cold and echoed voice.

Yoona gulped,what kind of neutral answer for that question. "Human..".She finally answered it. 

The twin ghost tilt their head."Come and play with us ?"

"I'm busy..i have to go for school.."

 

The twin ghost frowning. "Busy ? but i want to play..".One of the twin puff her cheeks.

"Don't force her Margareth..she said busy just accept that !"

"But i want to play Magdalene "!"

"She said busy !"

Margareth's voice got deeper and her eyes turn into all pitch black."BUT I WANT TO PLAY !!"

"SHE'S BUSY !!"

 

Just like the woman said the twin ghost suddenly strangle each other strongly until they  gone to the thin air. Yoona and yuri got surprised seeing this. "Wh-what the is that ?! ".Yuri turn her head to the woman.

"Well,after all they are kids and twin..Though They are always bickering but still love each other right ? If you have twin you will understand it..".The woman move her feet toward the door after giving grey explanation to the two girls,yoona and yuri stare at each other shrug their shoulder and followed the woman . They really want to get away from here immediately.

 

"Ahhhh..".Yuri stretch her arms widely when she finally got away from the old ghostly building,yoona giggling seeing yuri like this. This sceptic is sure so cute. Yuri noticed yoona saw her antics,she blushed and turn her face away. That's so embarrassing.

"Happy to feel alive again nya~~".The two girls turn their attention to the woman's voice but she's nowhere in sight. "I'm on the ground nya~~".They turn their head to the ground and saw the siamese cat who's her paws talking to them.

"Since when you go back to the cat form ?".The tanned girl asked.

"Since earlier..".With her little feet ,the cat strut cockily lifting her chin up .

"Ok..now,you have to explain the matters to us..".Yoona cross her arms standing in front of the cat. Yuri nodded and lift the cat to the nearby bench by her nape.

"Hey..hey !! Are not you realize it's uncomfortable for a cat to be lift like that !!"

"No ..i don't have a cat..".Yuri shrugged and take a seat too on the bench. "Ok..just like what yoona said ,you have to explain everything to us. Who are you ? What are you ? And what's your purposes ?"

 

The siamese cat sighed. "Alright..my name is Jessica. Like both of you can see ,i am human who can turn into a cat.."Jessica the siamese cat introduced her self.

"If you're a human why you can turn into a cat ?".Yoona asked putting her eyes on jessica's wagging tail.

 

"Two years ago i came to this place for satisfied my curiosity about ghost and something bad happened..".Jessicat paused "I accidentally opened the portal that prisoned all the ghosts in here and i got this curse ,being a cat..i can only change my form when the sun didn't hit my skin..Maneki neko that's the ghost that possessed my body.."

"Wait ,you said you were opened the portal ?".Yoona asked for clear.

"Yes,which mean i get free all the ghosts ,dangerous ghosts that being prisoned in here.."

 

"No wonder there's so much weird auras around here..".Yoona murmured but loud enough for yuri to hear.

"Wait,you can see the ghost ?".The tanned girl asked feeling surprised "You have sixth sense ?".Yoona stammered she forgot that yuri also here now the secret about her ability will be known. Yuri will definitely stay away from yoona.

 

"Yes..".The cat in. "Precisely,she's indigo..she got it from her mother.."

Hearing 'mother' word being mentioned by the cat yoona jerked the old wound come again in her chest. "Wait..why do you know about my mother ?".She asked.

"Do you think i just went passive for getting this curse ? I've been doing some research for all the valuable information about this place and i got something..that all the ghosts in here was being prisoned by a girl named Park Younghee or Mrs.Im younghee when she's married your father..".Jessica stare at yoona thoughtful face,it's might be really hard for her brain to process. "Yes,yoona..your mother have the ability just like you and she gave it to you.."

 

"B-but..".Yoona tried to hold her tears back."My mother passed away when i'm ten.."

"That's why ,i search for you because the only one who can get the ghosts back to the other side is Younghee's daughter and it's you..and you're the one who can make me go back to be normal too.."

Yoona lowered her head ,her face is so thoughtful and confuse . This is so sudden,she still mourn about her mother and now a human cat talking that her mother is a ghost hunter ? and yoona is the one who have to put the ghosts back tor the other side ? This is too much for her brain to process. "This is insane !!".She blurted out."You're talking non sense !"

 

"I understand how you're feeling,but yoona ..this is why you got your ability from your mom".The cat sighed. "And for the first time in my life,i want to beg to another person..".Jessica stare with hopeful eyes. "Yoona ,please help me.."

Yoona stare at the cat,there's pain in those eyes and hope . The doe-eyed startled when she felt someone's hand on her back. "Lets help her..i'll help you too..if you want..".Yuri offered.

 

"But you didn't believe in ghost.."

"Well,after wreck some human anatomy and twin who strangle each other. I think that's enough for me to believe it..".Yuri grinned ,deep inside she still can't believe with what happened but this is the truth,this is something that she has to believe.

 

Yoona sighed while still staring at those brown orbs. She can see honesty in there and determination ,she turn her attention to the cat. "Ok..i'll help you..".If jessica in human form that tilting moustaches must be a smile. Yuri also smiles ,she's so glad that yoona will help jessica and accepting her offer,after all yuri need an adventure in her monotone life."So ..what i have to do next ?".

"We just have to find something that your mother left for you,it could be a note,letter ,diary or journal..that your mother used when she's young to kick the ghosts back to the other side..".Jessica answered.

 

"All my mother's stuffs has been dump or give to charity by my father.."

"That's the new problem..".Yuri murmured.

The cat widen her eyes. "Really ?! Oh come on..without your mother's guide we couldn't fight against those ghosts.."

"Don't pressure her kitty ! Yoona still trying to dig all the craps you're talking about..,".Yuri scoffed.

"Who do you called kitty ?! and craps you said ?! Without my help you' re just a name right now !!"

 

"Ok..ok,please stop it..".Yoona stopped the little commotion between the two. "Lets just ask about that to my father,he's the one who save all my mother's stuffs..Hopefully there's still some remained.."

"That could be work..".Jessica murmured still giving a glare to the tanned girl.

Yuri rolled her eyes. "Alright..lets just go back to the class now.."

 

"Ehh..i think you two couldn't go back to class..".Yuri and yoona frowning to the cat."The school over one hour ago.."

"What ?!".Jessica's right the school is over now and the sky also look orange which mean the night will come soon.Time goes by so fast when you have an adventure indeed.

 

"Welcome to my home..".Yoona welcomed the cat to come in her house ,yuri didn't come with them because she have to go home early since the night already come. Yoona guided the cat to her room then putting her bag to the bed before slump her bed on it.

 

"I thought your home would be...different..".Jessica scrutinized the place she's in right now,nothing weird or cult like ,it's look normal like other teenager's room.

"I am different ,yes ..from some people around me. But that doesn't make me have to be odd for what i am..".Yoona get up from her position."So..what we have to do now ?"

"Ask your father about your mother's stuffs,if there's any..hopefully the footage of her hunts about ghosts still exist.."

 

"Can you change to be human form ? It's so weird because i'm talking to a siamese cat.."

"Nah..i want to be a cat for awhile now, if i change to be human your father might ask about me.."

 

That's make sense ,if yoona's father ask about jessica what she's going to say . Her father knew that yoona didn't have a friend or ever bring someone to the house. For being a cat well she can answer that she found jessica on the road.

 

Yoona startled when she heard the front door being opened ,her father must be already home."That's my father,you stay here ..i'll try to talk to him about the stuffs my mother left.."

"Nyaaa~~"

 

Yoona reach her feet to the end of the stairway,she's welcomed by her father's tired and gloomy face. Yoona know the reason behind it not just because works,just like her he still mourn about his wife's death. If he knew about what jessica's talking about earlier,what his expression would be . Is he even knew about his wife ability ? Come to think of it he never mention or talk about it. Her father knew about yoona's ability but what about her mother ?.

 

"Hey dad..Welcome..".Yoona shrugged all her thoughts off before turning to her father's side hugging him briefly. Despite the fact that her father rarely home and didn't see yoona much but she still love him anyway,he's a great father for yoona. All the men in the world can be a father but it takes a special men with a great heart to be a great father.

 

"Hey honey ,thank you. Have you eat your dinner ?".Despite the tired face,he always give yoona a genuine smile and greet her. Some father wouldn't do that things if their head is fill with works and stresses.

"Not yet,i'm waiting for you.."

"Great..i bring Ramen for our dinner..and it's spicy ramen . You like it right ?"

Truthfully yoona's stomach is so sensitive with spicy foods,but her father already brought food for dinner. She couldn't refuse it. "O-of course..Come on.."

 

They are sitting in the dining room eating their dinner together with Mr.kkuma plushie taking the chair that yoona's mother used to sit at. It doesn't mean that the brown bear replacing her mother of course,it's just to fill the emptiness in that chair but despite that their heart still feel so empty. Yoona curious why her father didn't want to married again or search another woman to be his wife and yoona's new mother maybe because he's love his wife very much,but yoona feel glad though at least she doesn't has a drama about step mother in her life.

 

This is the right time,yoona thought to ask her father about her mother's stuffs that she left after her death. "Ehh..dad..I want to ask you something but please don't be mad or sad about my question."

"It's depends..about what kind of question you want to ask. If it's about letting you date someone..i have to be mad about it..".He chuckled.

"It's not thattt..".Yoona whined ,why her father think further about it. Yoona didn't have a friend more over to date someone. A flash of yuri's image suddenly come to mind,she knew about yoona's ability and willing to help her but is that even count as a friend.

 

"I just want to ask about mommy's stuffs..".Just like what yoona guessed her father suddenly quiet. "Are all of those still in here..?"

"Why all of a sudden ?"

"I'm curious,and this pass few days i really miss her so much..i want to see the things that she used to have ...when she still with us..".Yoona bit her lower lip,it's so hard to talk about that especially when tears going to fall and throbbing heart.

 

"I gave them all to charity ,you know it right ?".He started to play with the noodle on the bowl,just like yoona he also holding the tears back. He cannot look weak infront of his daughter.

"But,maybe there's something missing? ..that didn't worth for charity.."

 

Yoona's father frowned,thinking back the possibility that some stuffs he missed for charity. "Just look in the basement..there's must be some goods. If none..then i already give them all to charity..".Great,from all the places in this house. Why have to be in basement ? The last part of the house that yoona didn't want to see.

 

"Hey kitty wake up !".Yoona chuckled as she saw jessica lazily stretch her feet and open her eyes,gosh she just look like a cat.

"Don't call me kitty nya~~ !!".Jessica give her coldly glare at yoona before yawning and blink her eyes a couple of times. If people saw this they must be take her video and post it on internet. "Why you're waking me up ?".Jessica rolled and put her arms forward and feet backward,just like a sphinx.

 

"I think i know where we can find my mother's stuffs ..".Jessica's left ear perk "In basement..".Yoona bit her lower lip even saying basement word is enough to make her nape hair stood up."Come on lets go to there.."

"Wait..ehh,i'm a little bit...intimidated by a place called basement..".Oh so jessica also afraid with basement."Can you do it alone ?"

 

Yoona click her tongue. "Okay,but you also have to find your way alone to go back being a normal human ".Yoona threatened.

Jessica sighed. "Alright..alright..".Jessica get up from the bed and jump to the floor. "Lets go.."

 

*Craackkk*

 

The cracking sounds can be heard as yoona move the door of the basement with jessica tailing behind her. The girl and the cat then move their feet towards the wooden stairs,it's a little bit rickety maybe because yoona and her father rarely come to here,so they didn't bother to maintain everything in this place.

 

She never like basement because the place is quite scary,dark and cold. When yoona was a kid she always thought that there's a monster in basement but luckily her mother always shoo her and said that it's just yoona's imagination that forming all the stuffs in the basement to be a monster.

 

The air in here is so dusty and chill reminding yoona about the old school building she encounter this afternoon. "Alright..where the stuffs could be ..".Yoona turn on the flashlight and direct it to every corner of the basement. *Crink*. She startled when she saw a shadow of human form ,luckily it's just a mannequin . Yoona sighed her imagination is going wild in this place.

 

"Try that !".Jessica pointed with her paw to the corner where there's some boxes covered by white sheet. Yoona nodded and throw aside the thin white dusty fabric. Soon she saw an old box,there's a written on it. Younghee. Which mean this is really her mother stuffs."I got it..".Yoona touched the box and lift it. "Come on..lets bring this to my room.."

 

Yoona placed the dusty box on the floor of her room,she run her fingers on her mother's name on that. This used to be her stuffs and now it's in yoona's hands,hope her mother in heaven didn't mad if yoona touch her stuffs. Yoona opened the box and found some books ,there's a particular book that caught yoona's attention. It looks like diary or journal with black cover at the front. There's also a necklace with angel's wings pendant,it's quite rusty maybe because it's already put in the box for too long.

"What is that ?".Jessica pointed to the book on yoona's lap.

"I think this is diary.."

"Open it and read..hopefully there's something useful.."

(Listen to this :D http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5SBY_fUpmnQ# )

Yoona nodded and open the diary ,she run her fingers on her mother handwriting. It's so neat and beautiful,different from hers maybe because she likes playing video game and got on yoona's motoric that's why her handwriting kinda unreadable.

 

Yoona flipped.one page of the diary and start to read the contents. "August,22 1982. Truthfully i'm not the kind of person that really want to write something about my life in the diary. But,this is quite popular among the girls in my school and my friends also told me to have it one. So i give it a try..My name is Younghee and this is my life..".Yoona sighed and flip another page,her mother wrote this when she still young,no wonder the written quite innocent.

 

"August,25 1982..After three days having you,diary . I think this is the time for me to tell something about my life to you. My weird and creepy life. My friend Minsoo said i need a footage for it,the record that remind me about my creepy experienced for my future self. Whether it's for 5 years later,10 years later or 20 years later..I'm sure i will laugh seeing how corny i am when i still young. Of course if i'm still alive in the next years...

 

"I called this book a creepy diary. Why ? .Because this is contents with all the footages about my experiences dealing with ghosts and spirits. Call me crazy or delusional,but i can see ghosts..when i wrote this i even have the company of a man in brown suit with bullet on his forehead and his rotten lips mumbling something that i cannot understand. This is quite normal for me,i'm not afraid .. i ever see something worse than him..

 

"I wrote this,not to scare someone who accidentally read my diary. But i want this diary to be useful for anyone who have the ability like mine or anyone who also accidentally meet the creatures from the other side. I want this diary to be useful for anyone,for my childs and grandchilds..for all the people who close to me. .

 

"If you have the ability just like me,don't be sad or treat yourself different from other people. Always remember that you are special. Don't be scared ,don't run away . You're born in this earth not to suffer and cry,but to feel joy and happiness ,because for me the only ghost that we have to be scared is in here,the ghost in ourselves that holding us back from getting forward.."

 

Yoona closed the book with a heavy feeling on her chest,she couldn't stand it anymore. The long for her mother come again,she cannot hold tears from her eyes ..Yoona miss her so much and by seeing this diary it doesn't even lift the irony in her chest.

 

"Your mother is a great person..".Jessica said beside yoona.

"Yes she is..".Yoona mumbled and open the book again ,flipping the pages one by one. The titles contents with some ghosts name and how to make them back to the other side. It's just like a guide book. "This is the right book..".Yoona told. "But there's some missing..".She noticed the ripped mark on the middle of the pages. Yoona reach her hands back to the box ,to no avail the other parts of the diary is not there."Hopefully..we can find it later..".Yoona put the box aside and lift the necklace on her hand,it's so beautiful . Is it her mother's necklace ? . Yoona smile,she will wear it later.

 

"What are we doing in here Hyuna?".A girl asked with frighten voice as she cling her arms to the other girl beside her.

"Doing experiment Hyomin..".Hyuna direct her flashlight ,checking if there's someone beside from  them in the corridor of Lake side highschool. Of course the place is empty since it's already night and the studying activities have been over.

 

"Can we do another experiment ?  Like operate a frog ? making a mini volcano mount ?.Putting a on your finger ?".Hyomin whispered, frighten is wrote all over her face.Hyuna squint her eyes when she heard the last parts,the other girl just grinning from ear to ear.

"Not now,i just want to know if Ohani Ohani..really exist in our school toilet. Are you scared ?".Hyuna smirked.

 

"Yes,i'm scared..i'm hella scared. Can we do this when people around ?"

Hyuna rolled her eyes. "Ohani Ohani..wouldn't come out if there's so much people around..".She sighed. "Now just shut up and follow my guide.."

 

The two girls then step in to the school toilet,the place is quite smelly ,girls's scent and quiet the only sounds came from the dripping water on the faucet."Hyuna..please lets just go home. I promise i'll make your homework for a week.."

"Nah..my grade is higher than you. We cannot back out now,stop whining !!"

 

The two of them then walk further down the toilet. "The legend said Ohani Ohani was in the forth side of the cubicles. Do you know why 4 hyomin ? Because in some chinese culture 4 or Sì meaning bad luck or Death."

"Ahh..Hyuna stop ittt..lets just gooo.."

 

Hyuna ignored her friend's whiny words then placing her self in front of the 4th cubicles of the toilet . *Knock..knock..knock*. "Ohani~~Ohani~~ Are you there ?".She stopped waiting for respond while hyomin in the back shivering uncontrollably.  There is no respond from the ghost ,hyuna only can heard the gritting sounds of hyomin's teeth.

 

Hyuna knocked again. "Ohani~~Ohani,Are you there ?".Still there is no respond.

"See..it's just a hoax to scared girls for not taking time too long in the toilet.." Hyomin said. "Lets just go.."

"Wait,i think..i mistaken..we counted the 4th door from the entrance right ? How if we reverse it..the 4th door become the 1st...and the 1st is....".Hyuna smirked and change her position to the other side. Hyomin sighed,sometimes hyuna's smart brain have to be put in the very far corner of the earth.

 

*Knock..knock..knock*

 

"Ohani~~Ohani~~ Are you there ?".The time seems paused for awhile,Hyuna wait in excitement while her friend wait in anticipation . 

They didn't notice a pool of blood suddenly emerge from the floor of the cubicle number 4 . The two girls startled when the cubicle door suddenly opened.

 

*Craaackkkkk*

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!"

 

To be continued

 

I think ,it's not scary ?

Seeing it in movie and writing it to be a story it's two different ways. Sigh