And then there were none

The Everyday ghost stories

Tiffany don't know why she's coming here , her feet took her to the restaurant where Jessica's sister, Krystal, have her part time job. And it's without the cat woman knowledge , she will scold her , she will furious , Tiffany think, if Jessica knew she's mending into her personal business. But Tiffany can't let that go lingering from her fingers, she feels hurt when she saw Jessica look so glum , losing her sarcastic self everytime she remember about Krystal.

Though the Cat never said it , but by looking at her expression , Tiffany can guess behind the curtain. Tiffany , don't know why she can feel this way but , since Jessica came to her life whether being a cat or a real human she feels a real deep connection with Jessica. Yeah , it sounded cheesy. A connection where Tiffany still even don't know what's the name of it. Maybe just a friendly connection, sibling connection or something more..something she couldn't put her finger into. She felt safe around Jessica , and she also felt she have to protect Jessica and make her feel as safe as Tiffany when Jessica with her. But of course , Tiffany wouldn't know how the older girl feel about her. They are a completely different person.

If someday she found a magic lamp , then come a genie from it giving her three wishes he will granted then Tiffany will ask : One , her mom and dad be together and love each other once more . Two, be happy . And three, she wanted to know what's in Jessica's head , what's in her vantage point and try to help her. It's so hard to ask her directly without receiving her cold glare and frowning brows.

Tiffany giggle by this thought. She wouldn't open up , she just like a jigsaw puzzles . Bit by bit , Tiffany have to arrange it , first from the corner and up to the middle before the picture perfectly match for each other. The eye smile girl sighed , suddenly have a mini anxiety attack while playing with the strap on her bag. Everything make her anxious , the converse she wore , oh damn someone wrote a miyoung name on the white side of her shoes with black marker.

From the big unorganized letters, she could guess that it Sooyoung's. "You will get it from me later Choi !". She grunted trying to erase the letters with the bottom side of her shoes like wiping a dirt. But of course it's useless. Permanent marker. What a childish joke Sooyoung threw at her. Tiffany decided to forget it , no one will really look at her even to shoes right ? . Only her beautiful face , beautiful eyes , beautiful smile.

Stepping forward , she pushed a double glass doors. The jingling sounds of bells automatically come piercing her ears . The people who was there , briefly stare at her then back to their own business. Just a Teenager , though she's cute but never mind, they must be thought like that.

The Chinese Restaurant were all in red, the wallpapers , the interiors, the accessories , with dragon prints all over too. Suddenly Tiffany thought ,maybe she's in Beijing ,but no she still in Korea. She headed to the counter where a girl, maybe younger than her with a short hair cut busy with the phone. But from the way she spoke , must be with her friend not with the customer.

" Amber ! How much do i have to tell you not to use the phone for your personal chit-chat !!".A woman's voice heard from thee back side ,maybe the kitchen, and make this Amber girl cover the phone with her palm.

"Geez Ma ! Just a minute !". She shouted back. Then mouthed 'cheap' before she spoke again ." I'll call you again later.".She hang up and that's the time when Amber caught the sight of Tiffany walking towards her. She put a rather cocky , predatory smile ."Well , what now , can i help you missy ?"

Tiffany open , then close again, then really start to spoke."I'm sorry ehh i'm looking for Krystal. Is she..here ?".Amber's face changed , the friendly tone no longer there replacing by a jealousy expression while she moved her eyes up and down to Tiffany. It seemed wrong for her to ask Krystal.

"Krystal ?". Tiffany nodded." Wait a minute..".She turned around and shout."Krystal ! Someone looking for you !"

"Really ? Who ?". A familiar voice came following by the figure . Krystal have a wide smile there ,but it's gone for a second with disappointment. Maybe she thought , her sister who came. But soon the smile appear again realizing it was Tiffany.

" Unnie ! Hi !".She greeted her favourite customer with glee much to Amber's dismay.

"You better make it quick, before ma scold you.". Amber warned whispering . It's not good slacking in the middle of work, and also it's not good for Amber to see Krystal with other girl. Krystal gave her a coldly stare , now Amber sounded like the one who always on the job without slacking while the truth , her job just stood here , almost identical with the waving cat figurine on the counter. Even the cat figurine have a something to do than her. " Unnie , let's go there.".She pointed to the empty seat and pull Tiffany there. She can feel Amber's piercing eyes behind ,but no, she never care about the girl.

 

"Unnie nice to see you !". Krystal said cheerfully which make Tiffany smile and replied with the same thing. How come Tiffany never realized that this girl is Jessica's sister. Their faces almost identical , the cheeks , the nose . The different between them are their heights , with Krystal being the tallest and their hairs. For now , she cannot judge if Krystal's attitude and personality is the same with Jessica.  But this younger Jung , she looks so cheerful and less cold than the older. " Unnie ? Unnie !! What happened to you ?".

 

Tiffany didn't realize she've been spacing out while looking at Krystal. Amber , at the other side couldn't put her eyes off from them while secretly throwing a glare at Tiffany. "Ahh No , I'm sorry ehehe..".

 

" Hmm you must be hungry. Wait a minute , i will,-"

"No !". Tiffany stopped the girl." I'm not here for food..but..".Krystal cocked her brows."I want to see you..". Amber scoot closer trying to listen to the conversation and when she saw Krystal blushed. More and more , Amber gave the older girl a glare.

 

"Y-you want to see me ?"

"I - I mean..". Tiffany started to find a reason before it gets too awkward." Jessica !!"

"Jessica ?". Is she talking about the cat or Krystal sister. Must be the cat , no way she knows about her sister. " You mean your cat ? What about her ? Is she sick ?".Krystal asked with worry tone.

 

"No no, She 's fine. She just,She looks so gloom and always sulking this past few days. Maybe if you have a free time, can you go to my house and play with her . She seems like you a lot."

Krystal suddenly laughed. "Unnie , you don't have to come here to ask me. Just call, and i will immediately come to your house. I like Jessica too a lot !"

 

"Ehehe, Sorry. I know it's lame, but i can't wait . I'm worried with her, it's because i...". Tiffany stopped, what is it she want to say ? It's on the verge of her tongue but the word is something so strange for her.

 

" Because ...you love her unnie ?".Krystal just said the one she's going to say. She felt glad but she regret it , why it doesn't just come out from ?.

 

"Yeah..maybe.". Tiffany lowered her head looking at her pale palm. The blood even dried from there , running through her cheeks. " I love her..".She murmured.

 

Krystal chuckled."Why so shy ? It's your pet..not someone , as in human, you really love.".Oh if Krystal knew , the pet she's talking about is a human and her sister.

 

"Uhum..". Amber suddenly stood beside Krystal , clearing to snap the other two girls from their conversation." Krystal..i think ma, need you back there.".She told. Krystal knew it was a lie , Amber just doesn't like it if Krystal really close with other people beside her.

 

"Well i shouldn't put you up any longer..". Tiffany grinned apologetically standing up from the seat." I'm sorry, Krystal, i should go now. See you later."

 

"No problem unnie , See you later~~". Krystal waved her hands as Tiffany's body withdrew from her sight. When she sure she really gone , Krystal snapped her head abruptly to the tomboy girl beside her , without forgetting the cold glare." What do you mean by that ?!".She sneered stabbing the fork to the table.

 

Amber shuddered but managed to still act cool."You have a job , Krystal."

"Oh yeah ? How about you ? Everytime you busy on the phone i never say 'you have a job  Amber~~~'. "

" I don't like that girl , i don't like it when there's someone else close to you."

 

"Oh yeah ? What's make you have the right to said that ?"

"Because i like you !"

"I know. And ? "

"And..And..And. I just don't like her !"

Krystal pointed the fork to Amber's face which make the latter widen her eyes."Once again you bug my personal business , i'll stick your eyes with this fork !". Something the Jungs never like is , when people mend onto their personal business.

 

~~

 

"What ?!". And the expression of shock , anger and annoy are thr things Jessica gave when Tiffany told her about the plan she have made for Jessica and Krystal to meet. Jessica doesn't like it. " What are you talking about Tiffany ?! Why you do that ?!"

 

"I just wanted to help you Jessi."

"If you want to help me, don't do anything. I can manage it by my own !"

 

Tiffany frowned , she hurt so much by Jessica's words. Though she knew it will coming . But to watch Jessica like this , it saddened her too."That's your problem Jessica. You never opened your self to other people ! You keep your problem in too much , and when it's rotten you blame other people for smelling it !"

 

"I don't understand your idiom !"

"Neither do i ! . It's final , Krystal will come here and meet you. So you can stop sulking in the corner because it sting my eyes to see you like that ! ". Tiffany paused when she heard her bell rang." That's must be her. You better change to be a cat again right now.!".She said in stern turning around heading for the door. Jessica groaned dropping her self to the bed , part of her feel glad of seeing her sister today , but part of her also hurt because she's not herself when she met her.

 

"Jessica ~~~". Krystal peeked her eyes through the door of Tiffany's bedroom and smile widely when she saw the grey siamese cat her paws on the bed. " Hey how are you sweety ?~~".She reached for the cat place it on her lap. Soon the cat rubbing her head to Krystal's chest like saying a welcome and nice to see you."Nice to see you too Jessica~~". Tiffany smiled seeing this and then secretly reply back the cold glare Jessica gave to her.

 

"Well ,look like she really happy to see you..". The eye-smiled girl popped her self on the bed beside the Jungs." Ain't you , Jessica ?". Thr cat purred squinting her eyes at Tiffany.

 

"Jessica..". Krystal muttered. Her voice so distant and her eyes were blank. The face when you are at one place , but your mind on another. 

" Why ?".Tiffany asked while Jessica lift her head to stare at her sister .

Krystal snapped out from her thoughts and smile shaking her head."No..it's Jessica. I have a sister named Jessica."

"Re-really ?". Tiffany thought, good i don't have to bait her to talk about Jessica." Where is she now ?".

Krystal feel like a stone suddenly caught on when she heard the question. Where is she now ? Where is her sister now ?. She doesn't know . Even if she's in the world or no longer in it."I don't know..".Krystal answered without wanting to elaborate, but Tiffany still insist to ask her.

 

"You don't know ? How come is she suddenly gone ?". Tiffany paused looking at frowning Krystal." If you don't want to answer it . That's okay."

Krystal smile shaking her head again."She just gone one day , i don't even know where she is right now. Whether she still alive or not."

'This is me Krystal. Your sister , right at your lap.'.Jessica thought trying hard to control her tears.

 

"I used to think , maybe it's my fault of why my sister gone. Maybe she fed up with me because i always troubled her."

 

'No you never troubled me. Tiffany ! God dammit ! Say something !'

 

"I'm sure it's not . ". Tiffany said rubbing Krystal's head."I'm sure she has another reason. Don't blame yourself. She'll come back to you one day eventually ."

 

"I hope so unnie. But it's been so long , i don't even want to count it cause i'm afraid i will never stop from counting the days of my sister's absence from my life.". Krystal's tears suddenly roll down."Everyday i always pray that someday ,my sister will knock my room or go to my school or restaurant and say ,here she is , she's back Krystal. I am back !. And then i will run for her , knock her head first scolding her for suddenly gone , and eventually hug her tightly ,not wanting to lose her again.". She wiped the tears then smile bitterly ."Sorry unnie , i shouldn't cry like this.."

 

"Nahhh..it's okay . If you want to cry again ,just let it out."

"Thank you unnie.". Krystal suddenly blushed , thinking something she will ask from Tiffany." Can i- Can i hug unnie ? My sister is the same age with you. Maybe by hug,-".Before she could even finish , Tiffany already buried her in her embrace. Krystal startled and then slowly feel calm with the hug and smile start to form on her lips too. Strange , Krystal feels that her sister are right here beside her ,hugging her. But when she parted from the hug , a lump of disappointment caught , it's Tiffany not Jessica. The only Jessica here is the cat , who's now maybe hugging her too with the paws.

 

"Now let's get rid of the sadness and let's play. ". Tiffany showed a little maid costume and santa claus costume." Dress up Jessica !!"

Krystal widen her eyes in cheers ."No way ! ".She said it almost in the same time with Jessica , but without the same tone.

" Yes way ~~~". She smirked , sliding the cupboard where there so many little costumes for Jessica to wear.

After Krystal gone , Jessica occupied her time by sitting and hugging her knees in front of the window glass staring into space. Tiffany sighed , maybe her effort to help Jessica was useless , the cat girl still the same. But when she caught Jessica's reflection , wearing a smile on her lips , a little but beautiful one. That time Tiffany couldn't help herself but smiling too. At least not at all useless. 

 

Tiffany heard her phone rang , she pick it up and caught Yoona's name on it. She goes silent for a second , feeling that maybe an adventure will come soon. A horrific scary one."Hallo Yoona.."

 

~~

 

"Are you sure it's him ?". Yoona asked ,glancing between Yuri ,her friends and Funeral Home from inside Yuri's car. Earlier this day , Yuri has made an investigation about a coffin man ,Tony , her decease cousin's friend who was witnessed the time when Harry play that game of death. Yuri have searched the man's information , his name was Stevenson Park and live here in a funeral home where he also doing the service.

 

" Yes , I'm sure. Let's just check it out ..".Yuri turned to her friends at the back."Taeyeon , Sunny , Sooyoung. You distracted him.".The three girls nodded, Taeyeon holding a camera."Hyoyeon , Tiffany , Jessica..You're go to the left wing while me and Yoona to the right ..". They nodded too , and all of them one by one exit the car. The car wasn't too close to the funeral home , making it invisible if you see it from the funeral home point.

 

"This place gave me chill..". Tiffany shivered rubbing her forearms together. Jessica felt a little bit concern with the girl , she scoot a little bit closer , discreetly protecting her.

 

" It's because . The graveyard are near here..".And it's night too. Taeyeon moved her camera to the side . Where from the distant, it shoot some old tombstones .

 

"Don't shoot the camera on a whim Tae baby..". Sunny covered the lens." You might catch an apparition.".She warned.

"Ain't you'll feel glad if i found one ?". Taeyeon cocked her brows." Are you afraid ?"

"N-no . Of course not , i don't want you to freak out and faint. It will troublesome..".By that time , Taeyeon knew , Sunny talked about her own self.

 

" I'm curious Yoona..".Jessica began , while they slowly walking towards the funeral home."What kind of ghost we will encounter ? Was there on your mom's diary.?"

 

"Yeah..". Yoona then mentioned what's her mother has wrote on the diary, like she directly read from the book." January 1st, 1983. So long , after i found so many ghosts . I never see this one as powerful as this , He was a demon actually , Barbatos ( don't read his name out loud or he will possess you ) . Barbatos came in many forms , usually possessing a thing. It can be stone , tree,book, but can be powerful if it's something to do with Death or Other World like coffin and Tombstone. Barbatos trapped his victim , by promising to grant their wishes if they could sacrifice souls for him . And after they fill the quota , he will really grant their wishes but they will be put in hell for eternity. To defeat him , i have to burn the thing he ever possessed . With that , Barbatos will soon go , back to his eternal place. Hell."

 

Sooyoung whistled."So we have to burn the coffin ? I couldn't wait..". She ripped a bag of chips, and dig her hand into it. Her ritual , when she's about to do a nerve wrecking business.

 

"Fire goes back to fire..". Hyoyeon mumbled.

 

"Yeah..Don't worry. I brought the gas too..". Yuri pointed at her bag. " Now , let's split !". The girls started to part. Yoona and Yuri to the right , Jessica , Hyoyeon and Tiffany left. While Sooyoung , Sunny and Taeyeon to the front knocking the door of the funeral home. Pretending to be ghost hunter who want to search some ghost sightings here , while their other friends sneaking to find the coffin.

 

The door cracked , revealing a tall middle-aged man wearing dark suit looking at them coldly. "Can i help you ?". He asked with baritone voice , moving his eyes from one girl to another. 

 

" Hey , ehh we are from Lake Side academy.".Sunny told him."We are , as you know , a ghost hunter. We want to find some ghost sightings here. And of course by your permission and guide .."

 

As Sunny talked to the man , Taeyeon shot her camera to the left wing where she can see the other three girls silently walking to the back side and then disappear . Taeyeon smile , they will found a door at the back and if they lucky , it wouldn't be shut.

 

"Go home kids. It's night already , you better go..There's nothing you can find here beside dead people". Stevenson refused and threatened to close the door. But Sooyoung ,immediately put her foot to prevent the man from doing so.

 

" Please sir . We promise ! We wouldn't take your time too long !".When Sooyoung shout , Yoona and Yuri has climb the window and find themselves inside the funeral home already.

 

The man sighed."Alright. But only in graveyard..".He closed the door and pushed the girls to the graveyard direction.

 

"Good the man has gone..". Hyoyeon said looking from the left wing. " You two. Go to the back door, i'll watch them from here..".She said gaining a nod from Jessica and Tiffany.

 

The two girls found the back door , but it shut tightly."Dammit ! It's locked !".Tiffany whispered while still trying to open the door. 

"Let me..". Jessica put her hand to the knob , unintentionally brushing it with Tiffany's hand. 

Which make the two girls startled a bit. Jessica pushed the door by her force. " Arghh..".She groaned but with another tries , she finally manage to open the door. Well , since she has become a shapeshifting human cat. She gain power a bit , the effect of the curse.

 

The two girls enter the funeral home and feel surprised realizing how dry the air inside the place. Like there never be a living soul come to this place."That way !".Jessica found another door , it didn't lock fortunately , save her some trouble. Soon they saw many wooden chairs place neatly on a wide room , like in a church. It must be the place , where they gave the last ceremony for the corpse. Jessica thought. "Wrong place, let's go !". But she got held by the arm, she turned at Tiffany and saw her pointed at something.

 

" No Jessi , Look !".Tiffany pointed to a wooden coffin, stood leaning to the wall . There was a carved of cross painted in a darker brown shade than the coffin. They walked slowly towards it , with beating heart on their chest . Tiffany clutched onto Jessica's arm , making her self feel safe by the touch of her skin.

 

Maybe it's the coffin they are looking about . But again , this is a funeral home. They will see many of this laying or standing here."Let's check it out ".Jessica put her fingers on the lid and slowly open the coffin. It come out the sounds of 'crack' like the hinges never been oiled.

 

When the coffin finally opened , their eyes shot in wide. It was a woman , no a woman ghost , no It was a corpse ! Woman corpse with white dress staring at them with her bulging doll-like eyes. Her lips only remained the lower part, her hair still fresh but they sure it was a wig. She was embalmed but her skin was brown and about to rot . She looks like a premature skeleton.

 

This time , Jessica's fear were divided between seeing the horrible corpse or hearing Tiffany's scream and she sure , that even that man on the graveyard could hear her. " Tiffany No,-"

 

"ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK !"

~~

 

"Make it quick please..". Stevenson said in nervous tone , while glancing at the funeral home then to the three girls walking and jumping in front of him at the graveyard.

 

" Be calm sir , we just started it."Sunny actually also feel nervous and worry about her other friends there. Hope they find the coffin immediately so they can get out from this place.

 

"What's that ?!". The man turned his head abruptly when he heard a scream from the funeral home direction.

Taeyeon panic and pretend to scream." Ackkkk..this place scared me.".But the man didn't buy it, he turned around and ran immediately to the home. " !". The girls panic soon following him too. Why now Tiffany ?!

 

~~

 

Yuri and Yoona find their selves looking at the door that can lead them to the basement. " Come on Yoona ..".Yuri pull Yoona's by hand but the latter stood still , unmoved. "Why ?". Yuri look at her quizzically.

 

" Is it ..Is it basement ?".Yoona never fond of this place . Basement. Quiet ,musky , dark . A perfect place where you can find a ghost. Yoona rarely come to this place , even when she have one in her home . She still remember , when she was a kid Yoona was told by her father to switch the heating system on home. At first , she felt afraid cause as a kid she always imagined a monster were live there. But she was more afraid to disappoint her father. She did it anyway , going for the basement. Luckily the switch were placed on the wall beside the door , she still can turn it without having to be inside the basement.

 

Slowly she reached her little hand towards the switch , closing her eyes afraid to see anything that could come up from the darkness. She opened her eyes again ,smiling when she touched the switch and slowly turn in circle. Crackkkkk, she could hear it turned by her hand. 

 

Yoona's eyes turn in terror when she felt something clutch her little arm. It was cold and rough , like a burn skin brushing. Curious , Yoona peeked her eyes and soon found a hand , like a chicken claws but she sure chicken's wasn't that big and even an adult human's look smaller than this one. "Ackkk !". She pulled her hand , but the grip were so tight. Oh gosh , she started to panic and think that this monster will cut her hand off and eat it. She pulled again with more power , fortunately lose it though she landed on the floor harshly with a thud. She stare for a sec at the basement in horror and immediately run from there , her father asked why she looked so panic , but remained silent. She sure he wouldn't believe her and mistaken it as her imagination. But no. , Yoona sure enough that wasn't an imagination. A monster was live in her basement , and she vowed to her self never visit that place and others which have the same name with it.

 

" Yes , Don't worry. I am beside you..". Yoona looked up to her girlfriend, suddenly feeling a little bit safer. This time is different , she's older now and there's Yuri beside her too. If a monster suddenly came , ar least she have a friend to scream together with.

 

Yuri opened the basement door with her other hand , while the other gripping Yoona's hand tightly but without hurting her. The basement ,like usual , dark. There were stairs  too that lead them to the lower part of it. "Becareful..". Yuri warned while carefully placing her feet on the rickety wood stairs. It's worse when there's no light too." Your phone Yoona.."

 

Yoona dig to her pocket , briefly caught a sign that there was no signal here. It's okay , she hoped no one will call her right now. She clicked on the flashlight button , soon the darkness gone from their spot."Ahh !".Yoona yelped when the flashlight caught something like face under the stair. Yuri turned at her in worry."I ..I saw a face !".She pointed at the open space that connect the stairs.

 

Yuri turned to that direction , she jerked , indeed she also saw a face but when she look at it carefully. She knew what it was."That just a photograph..".Must be the family of the decease who has left it here , and the man put it on the basement.

Yoona let out a breath , the atmosphere of this place make her feel paranoid. They arrived finally at the bottom , when Yoona directed the flashlight to the middle of the room Yuri's mouth opened. "Holy !". She stared in surprise to the pentagram draw on the floor. Yuri caught a bulb of lamp at the top of it , then pull the string . Now she can see clearly the pentagram , she dip her finger to it and make a deduction that it was draw by a blood though it's already dried by the air.

 

Yoona at the other hand , caught something strange in front of her. It was a coffin, like the one Tony has described the other day. " Yuri , i think i found it !". The brown coffin was faded , lay neatly on the floor . The eerie feeling suddenly come. This thing has take so many souls. She saw a book placed on it ,but when her fingers slightly brushing it.

 

"Argh !". Yoona turned around vehemently , hearing a painful groan from her girlfriend. She goes panic , seeing Yuri unconscious body drop right to the middle of the pentagram . " Yuri ! No !".Yoona ran to her side screaming and crying while shaking her body ."Yuri No ! Wake up ! Yuri !!!". 

 

Tap..Tap..

 

Yoona looked up to see a man suddenly stood in front of her. "Why you do this ?!". She asked the man who coldly stare down at her." It's not Yuri. It's me ! It's me !!".She bursted again into tears shaking Yuri body. "Yuri please wake up !!"

 

"This is what you got for interfering my business..". He stepped forward while holding a baton he used to hit Yuri on the back. Yoona scoot back a little bit far from Yuri's body. The aura of darkness came within this man . His eyes were scarlet red , and she's sure it's not from the light.

 

" Why you do this ?!".Yoona's back touched the coffin as the man's stepped over Yuri's body.

"I'm sick of people like you. Wasting the air for the people who still want to be alive should breath. Hurting your self , wanting to die where the truth is you scared with life. A couple of cowards. But with that !". He pointed to the coffin." I can help those people , i gave what they want. Death .And i got what i want ...their souls. To make..".He paused gulping the lump of sadness on his throat ."My wife back to live once more."

 

"You're wrong !". Yoona shouted." It's not your right to choose between live and death among people ! Your wife died because it's her fate ! You , as the live ,have to let go of her. As they also have to let go of you !".

 

"Shut up !". He threw the baton to the floor harshly which make Yoona flinched ." Shut up ! Shut up ! Shut up !".He pointed firmly at Yoona. "You ! You don't know anything about life ! You don't know anything about my wife and my love for her !". He suddenly smirked but no hint of amusement there ,only his eyes showing how much hatred and miseries in his life." After my wife died , Do you think i can live peacefully without thinking of her for a second ?.".Discreetly Yoona took the book behind her on the coffin."Even after i brought her corpse ! To lay beside me again...".He bursted into cry."It's not the same anymore  , she couldn't talk to me or reply to my kiss again. There was no life in her body ! There's no soul ! ".He stopped then smile again wickedly towards Yoona." But if i fulfill my quota , life will goes back soon to her body. And you ! You are the last one to fill it !".

 

When the man about to march on her , Yoona grab the book and throw it to the man's voice sending him to a painful groan. Yoona caught the baton and then swing it to the man's back , giving the revenge of what he has did to Yuri."Argh ! Take that !". Her attempts suddenly stopped when the man grab onto the baton . He yanked it and push Yoona to the back . The role of dominance has been split again for a second. "Please..". Yoona pleaded , though she doesn't know what she asked for from the man. Maybe his mercy for her life , or Yuri's life , or other:s life he has taken. Yoona jerked when the man took her arm , she struggled to get lose but it was useless. She knew what will coming next , the coffin. He will sacrificed Yoona's soul to that coffin. 

 

" Let go of me !".Yoona still trying to free her self from the man while glancing back at Yuri, just in case she already awake. But the tanned girl still lay unconscious , that time Yoona really scared about there wasn't life in her body anymore. "Yuri !!"

 

"Don't worry little girl..". He pushed Yoona to lay on the coffin." It wouldn't be hurt. At first maybe people will cry at your lost ,but after that..".He grabbed onto the lid."They will goes back to their lives, working , go to school. Without thinking that, it will happen to them too..".He closed the coffin ,locking it tightly. Yoona's scream were muffled . There's some bangs from inside too , when Yoona knocking on it to get free.

 

"Let me go !!". Yoona pushed and scratch the wooden coffin , she didn't even care that her fingers already bleeding and her nails were cut off. All she's thinking about is her life and Yuri's for sure. Don't know what might the man capable to do to her girlfriend. " Yuri !!!!"

 

"Now..". The man took up a knife." What i have to do with you ?".He aimed for Yuri's wrist and cut it deeply. Blood start to trickled down the floor. "Pain is good.."

 

~~~

 

"Damn it !!". Jessica took the chair and throw it harsh to the door . It didn't even budge . Her , Tiffany , Sooyoung , Sunny and Taeyeon were trapped in the ceremony room when the man caught about their plan. Thanks to Tiffany's scream. He threatened them with a knife and soon locked them up in this room." Arghhh ..".Jessica pushed the door again with her body. But her power seems useless for now.

 

"We're going to die !". Tiffany cried hugging her knees on the floor with the other girls beside her. While trying not to look up to the corpse near them.

 

" No we're not !".Jessica grab on the knob then push again , while Taeyeon still trying to call Yuri and Yoona, but their lines went dead. "Helpp ! Dammit ! Helppp !!"

 

"Guys ! Are you there ?!". It was Hyoyeon's voice , luckily she didn't get caught by the man.

 

Everyone's eyes widen , hope starting to fill it. " Hyoyeon ! Hyoyeon ! Help us ! Open the door  !".They shouted while banging loudly on the door.

 

"Wait !". Hyoyeon's steps were sounded loud and then little by little gone. After some minutes , they started to lose hope again. But when the steps goes back , the hope also back." I found the key !".Hyoyeon's muffled voice said . Come some cracking sounds from the door hole and then it's open widely revealing Hyoyeon. "Are you all alright ?"

 

"Hyo !". Sooyoung's long arm spread then wrap tightly on Hyoyeon's shoulder. Following by the other . " Thank you so much Hyo ! You saved our lives !".The tears of joy and grateful flood their eyes.

 

"Now let's go ! ". Jessica the one to remind." We have to find Yuri and Yoona.."

 

~~~

 

"Take my sacrifice !". He lifted the knife with the sharp edge downward aiming it to Yuri. " Argh !!".He startled when he felt his wrist clutched tightly , and then that time he realized the unconscious girl has awake.

 

"You can't kill me !".Yuri pushed the knife away which just an inch from her face. A battle of who's stronger happening , Yuri knew though as a girl sooner or later she'll be defeated.

 

" Yuri !!".Jessica's voice were heard . She was standing by the stairs with the others. She took a photograph and throwing it to the man like a freesbee. The man groaned in pain , clutching his sore face and stumbled to the floor.

 

Yuri knew this a chance to escape , she got up immediately groaning in pain for the sore part on her back. Her wrist also still bleeding but she doesn't care about it. It's all about Yoona , she's there in the coffin and Yuri have to let her free. "Yoona ?!". With much efforts she opened the coffin and soon Yoona's frightened face come . She panted , her eyes opened but something strange Yuri felt. She's not there , Yoona not here. " Yoona wake up !!"

 

Where am i ?. Yoona sat up , her chest still moving rapidly with her heart beating fast in it. The room, she found her self in a strange room ,wide but dull. She also noticed her self was laying on an iron bed , it was quiet. Suddenly she remembered about the man who forcedly threw her to the coffin , her friends and also Yuri !

 

"Hello Yoona..".Yoona snapped her head , she found a man sitting in front of her. He was pale , elegant and extremely charming.  But when she looked up at his eyes. Nothing earthly showed , it was red like the previous man . But this one is more powerful and no human vibe he threw , only his appearance.

 

" Who are you ? Where am i ?"

The man chuckled ."All of you , always the same. Where am i ? Who am i ? I can guess what's your first impression when i said. 'You are dead'.."

"I'm not dead !". Yoona shouted climbing off the bed." I'm not dead , i have to get out from here so i can help my friend.".She started to walk to the big door but when the man spoke again , she stopped.

 

"Which friend ? The one who bullied you at school just because you are different ?"

"What are you talking about ?!"

"Yoona ". The man looked up at her then approached her standing right in front."Tell me , What has life give to you beside miseries ? Your mom died long ago , your father abandoned you , too busy with his work mourning of the death that he even didn't care about the one who still living.."

 

"Shut up !". Yoona covered her ears." I don't want to hear you , You just want to trap me !".

 

"Tell me Yoona , it's damn hurt right when people at your school giving you a look like you're not even a living thing ?. You just a joke for them , a joke that didn't come perfectly with no one to laugh. People talk about you , but not about your achievement or how your personality . But about how queer you are.".He paused." Your father ,he said he loves you . But was he there when you need him most ? After your mother died , he put you with a neighbour. He didn't know you were cry , he didn't there to shed your tears."

 

"No please stop !"

 

"And your mother...". The man smirked." Did you still remember ? She died because of you. Not by illness.."

 

"SHUT UP YOU !! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANYTHING AGAIN FROM YOU !!!". Yoona ran to the door , it was suddenly felt so far and retreat from her. But with another steps , she finally got the knob and flung it open. " Arghh !!".She clutched her head , it was painful . Little by little , she started to see some visions , the people who bullied her at school , the memories of her childhood where she played alone while other kids with their parents , no one pushed her swing, no one pick her up from kindergarten. The most bitter was the moment when her mother lay lifelessly on the hospital bed. She cried on her arms 'mommyyy ' but when she looked up her mother's eyes were shot sternly at her which make her tumbled to the floor. 

 

"Ahh !!". Yoona snapped out from the visions. Sweating ,panting , shivering. It was all horrible ,life has gave her so much to loath for.

 

" See Yoona ? You're afflicted Yoona. It's no use to clutch onto life more. You have to let go of it . It's more peaceful here, no one will hurt you again. It's over..".

 

Yoona lifted her head to look at the man."I...".She put her hand on her chest , and found the angel wings necklace which belong to ther mother. Suddenly , flood of sweet memories came to her mind. Her father though he rarely there but always said how much he love her and not wanting to lose her,her mother though she just live with her for awhile but she gave Yoona her love that will never cease forever, her friends who's now trying to save her . And Yuri...Yuri who always trying to be there for her , lift her when she fell , step forward when she pushed her. Yuri the one who introduced her with something called love.

 

"Maybe..". Yoona eyed the man again full of certainty and courage. " Life has gave me so many things to cry for. Often i have wildly miserable , racked with sorrow.".She stepped forward making the man did the opposite. "But i know one thing ! ". She lifted her finger ." Just to be alive is a grand thing ".She grab onto the man's collar , out of nowhere she got a really big power to throw the man to the fireplace.

 

" You will regret it ackkkkkk !!".He was burned , his scream were frightening like animal ,but worse from it ,he was no longer like a human. He was a beast or a demon, watch him burned like in every literatures book about demonology. "Yoona Wake up !". Yoona turned aside to the door, she heard her girlfriend's voice faintly from there. " Yuri !!".She smiled and ran immediately to the door, forgetting and leaving the miseries behind.

 

~~

 

"Yuri !!". Yoona opened her eyes , she hug her girlfriend tightly . " I'm afraid".

"It's ok , i'm here right now it's over."

 

"Take that !". Taeyeon hit the man with the baton till make him groan in pain." That's for my friend.."

After helping Yoona to get out from the coffin, Yuri took her bag and take the bottle of gas from it. He poured it down to the coffin, then flick the matches to burn down the damn thing. "It's over now..". She stepped back telling others to do the same before she threw the fire towards the coffin. It was like a camera doing slow motion when the matches flew in the air .

 

" Nooooo !!!".The man screamed and ran suddenly towards the coffin.

 

*Booommmmmm*

They covered their eyes when the coffin explode and finally burn."Nooooo Ackkk..".The man was also burned , they watched him in horror. The fire dancing madly , in Yoona's vision the man grew horns and tail . Almost identical with the man she previously saw in that strange.
 
"This place going to burn ! Let's get out from here !". Jessica shouted , soon eight of them run for their lives from the damned place.
 
*Boooommm*
 
The girls dropped to the ground , as they already get out from the funeral home. They watched the place burned , the fire was like a hellish one. Nothing can stop it to make the place into nothing.
 
" Holy ..".Hyoyeon shuddered , briefly remembering the memories about the fire that burned down her home in the past.
"It's over now. I'm glad it's over.". Yoona sighed hugging Yuri beside her. Suddenly , she looked up when she saw ball of orbs flying from the burning place. Little by little , the orbs turned into human faces. 'Thankyou'. They said to her and then vanished into the night sky.
 
At the burning place , everything turn into ashes. But they forgot about the red book which still laying unaffected by the fire. 
 
And then there were none..
 
~~
 
" That Yoona ! Look at what she did to my face ! I have to call my doctor and ask for an extra treatment for it.".Victoria sulked while seeing at her face on the mirror who covered by a greenish cream mask.
 
"Don't talk too much vic , or it will ruin your face more..". Dara said in a monotonous robot-like voice , having the same cream on her face, while Suzy just rolled her eyes beside her . Lucky it was covered by the slice of cucumber on her eyes.
 
" Arghh ! I wouldn't let this go !".Victoria groaned and then took her phone, to take a selfie and announced it to the world that she just having her beauty treatment . *Snap*. She smile and check her picture first before posting it."Ackkkk !!".She threw the phone and yelp in frightened.
 
"What happened ?". Her friends asked in the same time sitting up from their position.
 
" I.. i saw a white shadow ! On my picture behind me !".Victoria shivered , glancing with worry face to her back. Suzy and Dara eyed each other and then the latter took the phone.
 
"What shadow ?". Dara frowned." There's nothing here beside your face . You must be seeing things.."
"Yeah like an optical illusion..". Suzy added.
 
" But really ! I saw a white shadow ! You think i'm lying ?!"
"But Vic , Look !!". Dara showed the picture." There's nothing !". It's indeed already gone.
 
Victoria frowned , nothing came out from her stuttering mouth. "B-but i saw..arghh.". She got up from the bed walking towards the bathroom anxiously.
 
Dara and Suzy watched her in weird." Too much booze..".The latter said.
 
"How dare they gave me that look ! Did they think i'm crazy ?!". Victoria sulked turning the faucet . Soon water running and then she wash her face with it. She jerked in surprise when she caught letters in red color on her mirror. 'WANNA PLAY ?'
 
" haha..good try Dara , Suzy !!".She laughed thinking that it must be one of her friends's joke. There was only a muffled 'what' reply from the outside. "You two wrote something on the mirror to spook me right ?"
 
"We didn't write anything in your mirror !!". Victoria goes silent , having them as friend for a long time. She already acknowledged the tone between truth and lies. And this time, she sure , it's the truth. " Then who ?".She mouthed looking back to the mirror. Her eyes widen again and slowly retreated back. She sure the written was 'Wanna play ?' previously , but this time it was changed to be . ' It's me , Let's play !'
 
"What the ?". Victoria look up to the ceiling , her bathroom suddenly vibrating ,like an earthquake." Dara ! Suzy ! Help me !".She ran to the door but when she's about to open it . It was locked. "Suzy ! Dara ! Open the damn door !!!". But she got no replies , she could hear their voices but they couldn't hear her, it was like the bathroom and her bedroom each faraway from each other,pole to pole.
 
'Vicky~~'.
 
Victoria froze , there was a child's voice behind her. The voice were distant and soft , echoing also. And it's not because the effect from the bathroom.'Vicky ~ Let's play ~~'. Hearing another words , Victoria sure she's not imagining it. Slowly , she turned around... and flinched in surprise to find a little girl child face upside down , with one of her eye ball hanging and her cheeks were full of red scratches. 'Hihihi Wanna play ?'
 
" Ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk !!!!!"
 
 
 
To be continued