The fire of Madness

The Everyday ghost stories

 

"Daddy..daddy ! Look what i'm drawing ! ".The fire came from the fireplace heating the once cold room, as a little girl with beautiful eye-smile show the man her childish draw."This is me..mom..and you dad !".She pointed to the characters one by one with cheerful tone but her father seems didn't interest with it.

"Not now Tiffany..show it to your mom..".Mr.Hwang sighed ,didn't even look at his daughter draw still busy with the papers on the table.

 

With a pout,tiffany take back her draw running her little feet towards her mother. "Mommy..mommy ! Look at what i'm,-".Her mother didn't even look or let tiffany to finish her words.

"Not now..".Mrs.Hwang warned while continue speaking to her phone. "Yes..i will go to the hospital right now,i just need to pick up some important files from my home..i know the economic depression pulling more people into madness i think.."

 

Tiffany pouted and feel disappointed,her parents didn't give any attention to what she has made. The light in her eyes turn into the darkness of hatred,she threw her drawing to the floor harshly,then snatch the files from her mother's grip. "Tiffany !".The little girl run quickly ignoring her mother's warn. She stopped near her father then grab the important papers from him also. "Hey Tiffany !!".With one more quick move,she run towards the fireplace ,throwing the papers to it ..till it burn into ashes.

 

"Tiffany ! what are you doing !!??".With so much anger ,Mrs.Hwang grab tiffany by her shoulder and then slap her daughter on her cheek,the red mark clearly visible from her white skin and her once bright cheerful eye-smile,turn into tears of sadness and fright.

 

"Hey what are you doing ?! Why you slap your own daughter ?!".Mr.Hwang grab his wife's wrist stopping her from another action that they will regret.

"She's out of control ! She's burning my important files !"

Stop it..

"She also burn my papers..but i didn't slap her ! You are her mother ! You have to be the one who control her,not minding the lunatics in your hospital all the time !"

"How about you ?! You also her parents ! You should give her attention !"

 

Stop it please....Tiffany close her ears while still crying in front of the fireplace,witnessing her parents continue to bicker. She start to regret it,why she have to throw their papers to the fire. She start to blame her self,for making her parents bickering. All..are..her ..fault.

 

"It's your fault Tiffany !"

"It's your fault !!"

"STOP ITTTTTT !!!"

 

"Hah !".Sweating,tiffany wake up suddenly from her slumber. Again,that nightmare came..more precisely ..her bitter memory. She tried her best not to think about that anymore,but it keeps haunting her mind. Until now,she still think that ..she's the cause of all the troubles in her family,she blame her self for her parents divorce, it's all her fault.

 

"Nya~" Tiffany turn her attention to the siamese cat who look disturbed from her slumber too. "Ow..sorry. Did i bug your sleep jessi ? ~~".She took jessica and put it on her laps,rubbing the grey furs. Different from the old times when she had the same dream,waking up with her self alone. Now,she has jessica with her ..though temporary. She already accept the truth if yoona someday will take her. After all,she's the real owner.

 

*Crack*

 

Tiffany startled when she heard front door being opened,it's 1 am in the morning. The ideal time her mother got from her work. She turn from her bed walking to the kitchen where her mother usually rest when she got home,following by the cat.

 

"Welcome home..".Tiffany greeted her mother who look so exhausted but still busy with her phone,and tiffany knew too well it's about work.

"Oh hey..you still didn't sleep yet..".Mrs.Hwang or maybe the former Mrs.Hwang didn't even turn from her phone. It's waking up the bad memory ,once again.Tiffany thought.

 

"No ,i was sleeping but i heard you comin'..".Tiffany place her self on the dining chair."I also need something to talk to you mom.."

"What is that ?"

"Well,i got a group project with my friends from our teacher..and it's about psychology..i think you knew it better than us..".Tiffany bit her lips."We need your help.."

 

Mrs.Hwang yawned."Sorry honey..i'm busy,i'm a psychiatrist not a psychologist..go talk to some therapist..they knew the theory better than me.."

"But mom..".Tiffany start to beg."I just want your help..".She start to pull her mother's sleeve

"Sorry tiff ..i got so many things going on in the hospital..i have no time.."

 

"Yeah..with the lunatics ..".Tiffany said sarcastically getting up from her seat."You're too busy with lunatics ! till normal people didn't even interest you anymore..including your daughter !"

"Tiffany !!"

"Yes ! I know ! I'm going to my room and ground my self !".Tiffany walk fastly leaving her mother from the kitchen. "I might die alone in my room !"

 

"Tiffany...".Mrs.Hwang sighed slumping her back to the chair. The same argument that have been happen since her daughter step onto her teenage time. She's understand so much that tiffany need her attention,but she also got responsibility . Since she's a single parent now she have to work hard for her daughter's future.

*Nya*
 
Mrs.Hwang startled when she heard a cat voice.she smile seeing the cat on the floor. "Hey kitty~Did she have another pet ?".She clearly remember her daughter like to change pets. well since most of them died. "I hope you long last..come here~".She put her hands forward to the cat.
 
Jessica look at the hands then at the woman."Bad parents..".She thought before strutted her feet leaving the kitchen.
"*Sigh*..even cat didn't interests in me.."
 
 
"I said ..i want the fish tail not the head ! It have more meat in there and,- Tiff..are you even listening to my story ?".Sooyoung nudged her friend who look so quiet and keep daydreaming since the morning.
"What ? Oh yes..sorry. What did you said ?".Tiffany asked while panting.
 
"ok tell us what's wrong ?".Now yuri turn to asked because she also already noticed tiffany's weird behaviour. And she feels so worried about her.
"No..nothing. I just exhausted because ..i didn't have much sleep last night..".She reasoned.
"Then how about hanging out today to freshen up ? it's weekend ..lets go to the mall !!".Sunny suggested cheerfully raising her fist to the air.
 
Taeyeon slap sunny's head with her book. "If it's about hanging out..you're always on the lead..".
The shorter girl pouted. "Of course..we are teenager after all.."
"Well..it's no harm to hanging out..".Yoona smile agreeing the plan."I also need to buy some books in ZonAma.."
 
"Perfect !".Sunny clapped her hands gladly.
"Well..if you come i also come..".Yuri said earning naughty smirks from her friends. "What ?"
"If yoona die..will you also want to die yul ? Keke.."
"Shut up soo !! Don't say things like that ! "
"Oops Sorry.."
"Alright ! it settle then ..".Tiffany said she then remember something. "Oh yes..ehh yoona ? About jessi..it's been a week so..i,;"
 
"It's ok..".Yoona interrupted stopping the eye-smile girl."you can have her longer.."
As she heard that words came from yoona,Tiffany's eyes lit up in happiness. "Really ?! Aw..Thankyou so much yoona !".She hug the girl tightly till make yoona breathless,luckily Yuri came to get free the doe-eyed girl in tiffany's embrace. And then the school time passed,letting them to begin their hang out plan.
 
"Dammit !".Different from the other girls in school,Victoria,Suzy and Dara have to finish their job in the school library,cleaning it and putting the books in the right place. Because the attack of samara the other day,the library become a mess. Mrs.Eun plotting the three girls ,so they are the one who right to be blame for the destruction of the library by showing a bottle of vodka to the principle and saying that ,they are drunk while having a detention from the teacher. So in the end ,the detention become double and the punishment become heavier.
 
"Damn ! We shouldn't be in here !".Victoria said in frustrated while moping the floor of the library.
"Well,after all we deserve it. How can we drunk in the middle of detention and in the school library ? That's crazy ! We are crazy right ?".Dara said putting some heavy books to the shelf. She thought that she really did what Mrs.Eun accused to them.
 
"I think you are the one who crazy Dara !".Victoria snapped. "How can you believe with what they accused to us ?! I clearly didn't remember about US drunk in here. That nerdy librarian must be plotting something to us !"
 
"Yep and beside.."Suzy join the conversation resting her chin on the tip of the broom stick."How can we have...the same dream ?".The other girls nodded recalling the same 'dream' they have."I mean..although we are under alcohol,it still didn't make sense if we have a same dream,especially about that girl,Im Yoona.."
 
Victoria nodded the light in her eyes change into menacing one."Im Yoona..i will find your death card.."
 
 
 
"Lets go buy pizza there !".Sooyoung pointed to the food section of the mall for the 5th time that day. Her friends already bored hearing she always end up aiming at the food store.
"No..soo, it's enough..".Sunny sighed."Lets go somewhere..where no foods in there.." She suggested getting a nod from her friends. A place caught her attention. "Ah ..how about there ?"
 
Everyone look at where sunny pointed,Taeyeon squint her eyes to get a better look at the place."Dong's VooMagic ?".She cringed reading the shop name."How come a place like that exist in the mall ?"
"Hey..hey,Don't be haters..A magic shop is heaven for a ghost buster like us..".Sunny explained."How about we check it out ? There must be something interesting..".Even without sunny asking,she will eventually end up bringing her friends there,and they can't refuse it.
 
Yoona just chuckled seeing how everybody complained about going to the magic shop. While she her own self didn't even object it,after all this is the first time she's getting out to the mall with some girls in her age. Where ever they took yoona,she would gladly accept it.
 
Yoona's eyes caught the interiors of the shop, it looks like victorian with so much shelves in it consisting so much weird stuffs or toys. Different for Sooyoung and Sunny,this must be gifts for them or maybe tools for their ghost hunting. Her fingers touch the stuffs briefly,from Magic ball,Tarot cards and the guide book to read it also some amulets and charms.
 
Her body startled when she felt someone touch her shoulder. "You still surprised ..if i touch you..".Just like usual,it's yuri who always come so suddenly.
Yoona chuckled. "Guess you have to announce your self first before come to me."
"Really ? Like .. 'Here comes ,Kwon Yuri am i permit to meet Im Yoona ?'.."
 
"Of course not like that Silly !".Yoona giggled seeing how yuri's funny act in front of her. The latter just can smile seeing how adorable yoona is. Deep inside ,she always hope to see this side from yoona everyday..no,forever."what ? Is there something on my face ?".She asked because yuri staring at her for awhile now.
 
Yuri then snapped from her thoughts. "Ehh..no,you just look so (Beautiful)..happy..".She smiled awkwardly.
"Oh yes..".Yoona blushed lowering her head. "I'm so happy because i got to hang out with all of you guys,although i slightly different from all of you but you didn't judge me and ..befriend me.."
 
"Yoona ..".Yuri smile taking yoona's hands onto her. "We will never judge you for what you are..especially for me, i'm glad to be your...friend..".She grinned saying the last word. The last night conversation with stranger in Counselling site then come to her mind.
 
GladlyGotchic : How to Chase a girl ?
BlackDahliaMickey : Uhum..so there's this girl in my school who looks so beautiful and introvert or loner..i really want to be with her :( I like her.
GladlyGotchic : I see..Well,in my opinion..Don't be too long in the 'Friend Zone'..because once you got caught in the friend zone with a girl,you will be there forever..
BlackDahliaMickey : Really ? :(
GladlyGotchic : Yep,You see..girls are mystery and the most complex thing in the world. Do not ever hesitate to tell your feeling to them or they might doubt you, do not ever too fast or you will freak them ,and DO NOT too long or you might bore them. Just find the right time ..or right moment.
 
"Right time..or right moment.."
"What ?".Yuri snapped from her reverie when yoona spoke. She must be mumbling something unconsciously and yoona caught it.
"No-nothing..hey i want to show you something..".Yuri let out her hand forward to give yoona something she found in the store. "It's a lucky charm..".She said showing the three little bells that tied become one.
 
"Lucky charm ? I never thought you believe this kind of thing..".Yoona chuckled taking the charm.
"Well..there so much things you didn't yet to know about me..".Speaking of that, yoona have a little knowledge about yuri. She didn't even know what yuri's favourite color,food or movie. "Now why you look so down ?"
 
It's yoona's turn to snap from her reverie. "N-no..i..".She paused. "we..we are friends..but i didn't know anything about you.."
"So that's what bothering you..".The tan girl chuckled. "How about we hang out together sometimes..just the two of us..".
Yoona's face lit up. "I'd love to..thanks yul !".No..no,it's yuri who have to thanks yoona because if they are hang out together,there will be a chance yuri to get closer with yoona. It's a date maybe. Farewell to Friend Zone.
 
A blonde haired girl with smoky black eyes standing behind the cashier counter staring with odd look to the two girls who one look so tall and one look so..the opposite. Something that caught her attention is because they took so many things from the shop, she never thought that a weird ,demon damned shop like this will have many visitors. Guess society is weirder than what she ever imagined.
 
She fanned her self,moving the middle side of her 'Nirvana' black t-shirt to get a fresh air for her body. It's a hell damned shop,the air were so hot,the air con didn't work,and the people who came are some unstable teenage with voodoo .
 
She sighed. "I love my part time job..".She mumbled staring at the two girls who's walking towards her now.
"Ahh !".Sooyoung and sunny exhale a breath when they put their purchases on the counter.
"Well..that's a lot..".The girl with 'nirvana' shirt said sarcastically,getting the other two girls's attention.
 
Sooyoung frowned looking from the girl's head to the girl's waist. She often came to this shop,but she never saw this girl before. "Who are You ? Where's Mr.Dong ?"
"He has a new business, i'm a new part timer who watch for this shop.."
"Soo..i'm going to toilet wait here.." .Sunny said then run in fast searching for a toilet.
 
"Oh..".Sooyoung nodded she smiled then lean her elbow on the counter."Say..what's your name ?" . The blonde girl startled hearing it,she never met someone who really straight forward to ask her name. Most people scared like seeing a ghost if they met her.
 
"Ehh..Call me Hyo.."
"Hyo ! ".Hyo startled hearing her loud voice. "Nice to meet you..I'm Sooyoung".Sooyoung grinned "So..Do you like working here ?"
 
Why this tall girl asked something like she's the owner of this place.?.Remember hyo,to stay friendly and decent to the customers. Don't bite."Well..yes,this place pay me good though..there's not much customers.."
"Don't feel down because there's not much customers..this place is a shop for the chosen one.."
 
Chosen one ? What this girl ? A jedi ?.Hyoyeon chuckled for that thought. "Lemme guess..you mean by the chosen one is you and..your friend ?"
"No..It's you !".Me ?. "Yes ..you are the chosen one who lucky enough to have a job in this place..surrounded by the beautiful amulets,charms and other stuff for a ghost buster.."
 
"Ghost buster ?".Oh my this conversation getting weirder.
"Yep..me and my little friend back there are a ghost buster ,we deal with so much things about ghost.."
Hyoyeon chuckled internally. "Wow..how cool..".So that's why she buy so many things,again hyoyeon found a weird people in society today.
 
 
"If you having trouble with ghost or other supernatural problem..feel free to call me..".Sooyoung took a card from her pocket giving it to hyoyeon. The other girl frowned seeing the card,it's not like an identity card it looks like a food coupon because there's a burger picture on if. 'SooSun Ghost Bustah' 
 
"We didn't take any charge for our Service..We're doing it for free and just a hobby..but if you call at meal time..you're the one who have to pay for our foods..that's fair right ? Keke..don't worry i didn't eat much..". Hyoyeon shook her head while looking to the girl then to the card while hearing sooyoung spoke. This girl is sure weirder than her.
 
Hyoyeon sighed as she saw sooyoung and her friends walk out from the shop. It's the first time she felt comfortable around people. They seems interesting .She felt jealous with them,they can smile together,giggling together and hanging out together just like friends that hyoyeon never have. She really want to be like them and have friends like them.
 
She took Sooyoung's card once more ,if only this card is an offering for a friend she will gladly and immediately call her. Hyoyeon sighed again and throw the card to the trash bin.
 
' Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,Go to sleep my little baby~~'
'When you wake you shall have,All the pretty little horses.'
 
Fixing her glass while crossing her legs and writing something on the pad. Mrs.Hwang sat on a white chair looking at her patient in front of her. There's only white table which part the two of them . The dull bright white wall become the background ,behind the patient there's two male nurses watching how the therapy begin and also prepare if something bad might happen. After all it's a mental institution or an asylum. There will always 'madness'.
 
"So..how are you Mrs.Kim ?".Mrs.Hwang begin the therapy staring at her patient casually.
" Black and bays, dapples, grays, All the pretty little horses.". But the patient ,Mrs.Kim ignoring her. She keeps singing a lullaby song while hugging a dirty doll.
 
The psychiatrist sighed, an abnormal behaviour from her patients is normal for her."You have a good voice..".She paused. "And you always sing that song..tell me, Do you like that song ?"
"Hush-a-bye, don't you cry, Go to sleep my little baby..". But Mrs.Kim still busy singing the lullaby song.
 
"Why don't you answer me ? We are friends right ? Why you always singing that song ? And why you always carrying that doll ?"
"Hush-a-bye, don't you cry,Go to sleep my little baby."
"Was the doll from someone meant to you ? Was the doll reminding you of someone dear to you ? "
" When you wake you shall have,All the pretty little horses"
 
"Are you waiting for them ? ".The song suddenly stopped as the patient lift her head staring at the doctor with cold gaze behind the long bang that covering her face. There's a little fright feeling when Mrs.Hwang stare at those eyes. This is the first time a patient intimidated her.
 
"Tell me..doctor..".Her voice was so little and soft. "Where did they take my daughter ?"
"Your daughter ? I didn't know about your daughter.."
"You Lied ! you wear a white coat like those people who took my daughter !"
"Mrs.Kim please be calm..lets just talk about it.."
"No..you take My daughter ! "
 
The two nurses start to move to stop the patient from her burst but the doctor stopped them . "Mrs.Kim please calm down..i didn't take your daughter. Take a breath..and tell me everything..i will try my best to help you.."
 
The patient turn her gaze to the doctor in pierce while breathing in a fast rhythm."You ! You can help my daughter ! please bring her back to me..".She start to cry in pain and grief."Arrgh..arrghh..".She started to repeatedly punch her own head. 
"Mrs.Kim..Don't hurt your self. Stop it.."
"T-the fire..the fire burn it all !"
 
Mrs.Hwang widen her eyes when she heard it. "The fire ? What fire Mrs.Kim ?"
"THE FIRE BURN IT ALL !". Realizing the situation getting out of hand,Doctor Hwang ordered the two nurses to give a sedative to calm the patient. With one swift movement a nurse preparing the drugs while the other holding the patient.
 
Mrs.Kim then suddenly goes quiet and stop from moving but she still mumbling some words. "The fire *Sniff* ..My daughter..JaeHwa..".After that the patient collapsed then the nurses took her back to her ward.
 
Doctor Hwang sighed exhausted by the scene. Is she always have to do this forever ? . She really want to stop from this madness before she turn into one. But she cannot,this is the thing she can only do to support her daughter financially. 
 
She got up from the seat walking out from the therapy room. Someone suddenly appear in front of her. A young girl who often visit this madness place.
"Hi..How are you ? Come to visit ?".The woman greeted the girl in friendly tone .
"I'm fine,thanks. Yeah..How is she ?"
 
"Well..there some improvement but..Don't worry we will try our best to make her better "
The girl chuckled. "It's ok. From the start i know this will be tough..i never hang my hope too high.."
"Why said that ? ".The doctor put her hands on the girl's shoulder. "You have to believe that your mother will be alright..and believe you can finally be able to be with her again ,in your home.."
 
"I didn't even have a home anymore..".The girl mumbled.
"What did you say Hyoyeon ?"
"Nothing..just thanks to you doctor..you've been helping my mother this past few years. I don't know what to do without you and..i don't know how to pay you.."
 
"You're welcome Hyo..it's my duty. You just like my daughter ,she's the same age as you..".
"Really ? She must be beautiful..just like you doctor.."
The doctor chuckled while blushing. "Well..indeed, my daughter is beautiful and she's nice . She's befriended with every people..though sometimes she's stubborn and lot of gas..I will introduce you to her later.."
 
Hyoyeon smiled. "You must be really love her.."
"I love her so much..".The doctor paused. "It just..i don't know if i ever be a good mother for her..". Hyoyeon stare at the woman thoughtfully,even a doctor have their own problem. "Well..".Mrs.Hwang chuckled. "Why we're counselling our problem here..By the way,it's school time why don't you go to school ?"
 
Hyoyeon startled. "Ehh..i just really miss my mother..and the school was over earlier than usual..".She reasoned nervously.
"This is the third time you're saying that ..why you're ditching ? school is important.."
The girl sighed,there's nothing have to hide from this doctor anymore. "I got bullied in school..they mocked my mother and they said i will end up like her..*chuckled*..".Hyoyeon smile bitterly while tears rolling down her cheeks."They are pathetic you know.."
 
Doctor Hwang feel sad hearing it,she wipe the tears on hyoyeon's cheeks. It must be tough for a girl who have a mother with mental problem."I'm such a crybaby..".Hyoyeon chuckled then wipe her own tears. "Well..can i see my mother now ?"
Doctor Hwang nodded. "You can..but i just give your mother a sedative..so she's sleeping now.."
"That's ok..for now,i like my mother better when she's asleep..she look normal and serene.."
 
Hyoyeon opened the door slowly with a sigh before slowly move her feet towards her mother who's laying on the bed. She smile seeing how her mother peacefully asleep. She took a chair and place it beside the bed taking a seat on it. 
 
She stare at her mother's face moving some hair that covering it. Hyoyeon's feeling was so mixed, she's so angry,sad and disappoint at the same time. Why this thing should happened to her and her mother . It's just like yesterday her life feel so normal and happy but now..it turn into madness. She thought she always understand her mother better than anyone else,but she's wrong. She didn't even know how her mother's feeling right now. Her mother turn out to be someone else,she never know and imagine.
 
Hyoyeon's eyes shift to the dirty doll that laying beside her mother. The past suddenly repeat in her mind to the time where her mother feel so depressed because the death of her sister. She intentionally burn the doll to the fire because it freaks her when her mother talk to the doll,like it was her daughter.
 
"JaeHwa ! Jaehwa Where's jaehwa ?".Mrs.Kim incessantly called her daughter's name while moving repeatedly here and there in their new apartment. "JAEHWA !!" She screamed in panic when she saw a fire burning the doll who she called 'Jaehwa'. She ran quickly to the fire and took the doll . She didn't even feel the heat from the fire all she care is saving the doll.
 
"Mom !".Hyoyeon quickly took a bucket of water and then pour it to the doll before the fire goes into her mother. Hyoyeon sighed and groaned in anger."Mom ! Why you do this ?! You didn't even care with your life anymore !"
 
"Jaehwa..jaehwa.."
The girl gritted her teeth, because whatever she said her mother never listen to her again now."Mom ! Jaehwa died ! She already died by the fire ! Why don't you realize it ?! And accept the truth !!"
 
Her mother turn at hyoyeon and staring at her in venom. "Jaehwa didn't die ! She still alive ! You said it because you jealous of her ! "
"Mom ! How many times do i have to tell you ?! Jaehwa died ! She died !"
 
*SLAP*
 
"Don't ever said those thing again to me ! Or i'll kill you ! ".That time after her mother slap her and when tears come from her eyes. Hyoyeon knew ,her mother was already gone along with jaehwa,her sister. She turn into someone she never knew and never understand.
"Jaehwa..Jaehwa.."
 
Her eyes stare at her mother's peaceful face,it so sad to see her like this. Her eyes then turn into the dirty doll while chuckling. "Tch..jaehwa..".Hyoyeon got up from her seat going to walk out from the room. She placed her hands on her back pocket when suddenly she felt something in it. A paper ? No a card ?.
 
'SooSun ghost bustah'
 
She frowned seeing the card,as she remember she threw it to the trash bin in the shop,but why she found it in her backpocket now ?. "Well ..that's strange.."
 
Call us for your benefit ' xxx13xx666'
 
 
To be continued
 
 
Sorry to make you wait ..