Holiday at a Haunted House

The Everyday ghost stories

 

Krystal rolled her eyes , this new construction above . She vowed to her self not to curse everytime she heard the loud banging of hamer or saw, but when customer come or make a telephone call to order. She have to make them repeat again and again, sometimes it makes them annoy by it and also it makes Krystal sounded like a person with a problem in hearing. Mrs.Liu have decided to make another floor above , the restaurant have a really good progress indeed, but why didn't she told her to take a break instead of continuing to work despite the construction. How if an accident happen and it got to the customer ?. She's the one who's going in trouble.

 

The younger Jung sighed when Amber walked at her , with that usual cheeky grin. She said something but of course Krystal faintly hear it and need her to repeat . "What ?"

 

"I said ..The holiday about to come . Where are you going to spent it ?". Oh yes , the holiday has come. No more school for about a month. Speaking about it , maybe the second holiday she have without her sister. Usually , they will spend it together at their grandparent's house , have a camp or walking around the village. But after she's gone , the routine were going in hiatus. Everytime holiday came , Krystal chronically keep remembering her sister. Unnie , if only you're here we're going to spent it together.

 

" Hey ! Kristy ! Do you hear me ?".Amber waved her hands feeling worry with the girl. 

 

Krystal look back at her , putting her usual cold expression."No where i guess. I don't have a plan for holiday."

"Aha !". Amber flicked her finger cheerfully." How if we spent it together ? I - i mean , with my friends too. We're going to have a camp at the mountain, and after that visit my uncle and aunt's house too. Want to come ?"

 

"No. You forgot ? In holiday the restaurant going to be packed. I guess i'll spending it by working."

"What ? Oh come on Krystal. You're still a teenager ! No need to work your out every freaking day. You need to get.. Laid.". Amber wiggled her brows playfully. Krystal rolled her eyes , for a girl like Amber , she couldn't differentiate whether she talked something appropriate or the opposite.

 

" No. Your mother won't allow me ."

"She will ! I'll talk to her ! Beside you're not a real employee her just a part timer . I'm sure , she will understand.". Krystal eyed the girl with a soft gaze. Sure Amber sometimes can be a pain the , but she sure too Amber is a nice person. A good friend to have. It was surprising , when Krystal unconsciously nodded her head agreeing the offer." Great ! That's my Krystal !".Amber hugged Krystal tightly, which make the latter surprised . Krystal lift her hand to push the girl harshly . Amber knew it will coming , she immediately pull her self from the hug , running while laughing hysterically.

 

"That Kid..". Krystal shook her head , but a smile formed on her lips. If there's one person who always there beside her now , it's must be Amber. Krystal turned out from the counter , it's her break time . She decided to have a walk and fresh air outside. Also her ears need a rest from all this banging and knockings. 

 

Looking out to the road outside the restaurant , she roamed her eyes to the scenery. People walking , waiting for a bus. Months worked here , she already memorized some people who always walk passed here. There was A grandpa who always bringing a black tote bag , holding it with his hand like a shopping bag , always wearing a polo shirt and short white pants. Though his appearance were humble , Krystal knew the grandpa wasn't a poor person. Then there was a petite looking middle-aged woman , despite her wrinkles skin and little posture the woman walked like a teenager. So bubbly , she didn't even have to hold on the handle when she's going to ride a bus. 

 

Then there was also a middle-east woman wearing scarf walking with her daughter. An office guy in suit , who always wear different scarf on his neck , even in summer. Those people , sometime Krystal get curious , Are they ever get tired with their lives ? Doing the same thing everyday. Maybe they also have the same thing in mind about Krystal , oh look that's the girl who worked at that chinese restaurant . Is she ever get tired to always stand there and watch the road ? . If Krystal could answer them one by one , she will says : of course sometimes i get tired , but what can i do ? Each life of a person have their own pattern. Pattern of happiness ,sadness or the pattern of losing someone dear to you.

 

"Watch out !". Krystal looked up to find some bricks flying on the air above her head. Memories of her sister flashed on her mind . Unnie , Is it also my pattern to die by this bricks ?.

 

" Krystal !!".She heard someone shout , something tell her that it was her sister's voice. Before she could do anything , she felt body shoved aside. Her eyes half closed , her body feel so hurt when it's collided with the ground. She opened her eyes back , half believe and disbelief to see her sister's face in front of her. If it's a dream , please god don't wake her up."Unnie !!!".She hugged her sister ,not wanting to let her go from her again."Unnie , You're back."

 

"Yeah..". Jessica rubbed her head."I'm back . I'm so sorry to have left you.". Krystal couldn't content her happiness. She's crying but within a joy feeling. Finally her sister back, she felt so happy. She closed her eyes ,her happiness drowned her energy because it's something she rarely feel. Within a second , she dozed off into darkness.

 

" Unnie !!".Krystal sat up only to find her self alone,in her room. Was it a dream ? Krystal asked her self. So it really is a dream. Krystal start to feel regret to wake up. But when she touched her forehead , she feels a really sharp pain in it wrapped by a bandage."So it's not a dream..".She mumbled . She turned her head in quick when she heard the door cracked. Her eyes lit thinking that it must be her sister. But when the person appear , she have to drown back into disappointment, when she found Amber, looking at her in worried.

 

"Hey ! You're awake ". Amber smiled placing her self on the bed beside Krystal. 

" What happened ?"

"You fainted . I found you laying on the ground , there was some bricks beside you. Maybe you reflexed upon it , fall aside ,knock your head and then faint by the shock.". She mentioned the events one by one." Ma told me to take you home , so here you are. You're okay right ? Anything hurt ?"

 

"I'm okay. Thanks.". Krystal still busy with her thoughts. Maybe what Amber said was right . But the thing about her sister , it felt so real. She was there beside her and Krystal hugged her. She still even can smell her sister's scent on her. It's so impossible , if it's just an imagination. One thing Krystal realized now , wherever her sister are whether she's still alive or not. She will always be there to protect her . Like a guardian Angel.

 

~~~

 

Yoona awake from her sleep flooding with sweat on her body, wildly breath. Another dream , another same dream . But she couldn't remember what was it . It was suddenly gone buried deeply in her memory. She couldn't make the details about her dream. But she felt so sure , it wasn't a nice one. She started to have this nightmares since the man , or that demon , in the state of her limbo said about She's the one who killed her mother.

 

" No..".Yoona covered her face , realizing how wet it feels on her palms. That demon just want to trapped her . He didn't know anything about her life and beside her mother died when Yoona still a little kid . It's impossible for her to kill her mother ? Or was it ?.

 

She shook her head , throwing it all. Dream just a night thing , it soon faded and become nothing. Yoona got up from her bed then look at her self on the mirror. She put her palm on it seeing her own reflection. She remember about a quote she has read somewhere, it was said : Even though we can't see so much about our self in the mirror , but someday we will see through it like a window after we die. She wonder how her self will be look on that window, but that's mean she have to die first. She regret to ever think about that.

 

Walking on school today , whether there's Victoria and the gangs here. People still looking at her in her weird, whispering at her front and back. Saying something bad and when Yoona looked up at them. They withdrew with a scare and amuse expression. This is something Yoona have to deal with. It's easier though than the first time . She got used with it already though sometimes she feels sad and when she did Yuri and her friends always there to cheer her up, putting her smile back. How lucky Yoona have found them or maybe it was the other way around. But it didn't make the gratefulness decreased. She still have someone beside her and accept her as how she is.

She visit the library first before going to the class. She took some books about telekinesis ability , supernatural phenomena and something more identical. She started to get interest with telekinesis particularly since she have ,maybe , experienced it in the past. Like the time about Leyla ghost. She remember Leo's body was levitated , though it's maybe Leyla's force but she used Yoona's body. Perhaps there's an explanation about it.
 
Yoona started to read the book , flipping the page one by one interestingly. She felt her phone vibrated on her pocket. It was a message and knowing it from Yuri . She smiled. 'Have you check what's in your bag ? :) '
 
Yoona frowned , Did Yuri put something in her bag without Yoona know. She reached for her bag and then rummage through the contents. She paused seeing something that shouldn't be inside. It was a card , like a post card with eiffel tower and pink love sign on the cover . There was an 'Amour' written on it too. She turned the card and caught some beautiful neat letters, written like a poem.
 
We found each other
Though the day getting darker
I'm here just for you
 
Yoona blushed while smiling , it was a haiku , something like poem that have to build with 17 syllables. Five for the first row , Seven for the second and third were the rest. She giggled still holding the card, she doesn't care if people start to look at her and think weirder about her. She just feel so happy and lucky , to have Yuri who always knew how to made her day. She even never thought , that Yuri could be such a poet.
 
Yoona took her phone again then reply to the text, ' i got your haiku, so beautiful. Thanks . Did you write it for me ?'. Within a minute there was another reply.
 
'Of course i wrote it for you . During eng class, the teacher said to make one . I was thinking about you then. Did you like it ?'
'I love it <3'
 
Yoona thought ,maybe she have to make that too but she needs a card . It's not appropriate and meaningful if she send it to the text. She ever saw that the librarian sell some post cards , she can buy it from there. She walked to the librarian desk , passing some shelves and students . Today the library quite have many visitors. Maybe they're working on a last project because holiday will soon come.She passed a bulletin board too, there was a pamphlet said : Where are you going to spend your holiday ? . Hmm Yoona never thought about it until now . Usually she spent it by visiting her grandma or just laying in home. She guessed nothing could be different now.
 
She turned to another paper , there was a Missing People information.
 
MISSING
Name : Han Tae Min
Age : 17
Gender : Female 
Occupation : Student
Hair : Straight Dyed blonde
Special mark : -
 
Last seen in Bayern street wearing blue jumper and jeans. If someone saw her please contact the numbers below.
 
Another girl gone missing , this is the third time Yoona read about this thing in a month. How horrible . Those girls ,maybe they are kidnapped by some unknown person and never coming back. She felt afraid to go out at night nowadays. The world is a dangerous place for a weak girl indeed. 
 
There was a line on the librarian desk , she have to wait for awhile to get the card. In front of her , there was a girl almost the same height at her only bigger. She never saw her before , as the quiet outcast student Yoona always spend her time by remembering people's faces at school. And unfortunately she good at it. And this one maybe she's a new student. Finally come her turn, she smiled to the librarian and ask for the card , pay for it and goes back to her table.
 
Now holding her pen , what was it she's going to write. Sadly it onle needs 17 syllables, because for her to describe poetically her feeling towards Yuri need millions of words. The girl deserves it. But that's the best part about haiku , make something beautiful and meaningful in a simple form. Simplicity does tricky.
 
"Now..Let's write it.". She directed the pen to the paper. It was hard at first ,but when she's thinking about Yuri. It falls right into place.
 
Your eyes speak millions 
Words never be forgotten
Kept within this heart
 
She giggled , imagining how Yuri's expression might be. Her good time was interrupted when someone come to her desk. She immediately put the card to her bag continuing to read the book while still impatiently couldn't wait to give it to Yuri. She realized the new visitor was the new girl she saw earlier. She looked up to her for a second and when the girl turned at her , she pretended to read the book again. The girl was beautiful and cute , despite wearing glass nothing nerdy looking from her.
 
" Hey..".Yoona heard the girl greeted, but was it to her ?. She gazed around and finding no one beside her and this girl in this place. So this girl must be greeted her.
 
"Hi..". Yoona greeted back simply feeling weird a little bit cause there's still someone who wanted to talk to her in this school beside her friends.
 
" I'm Seohyun..".The girl extended her hand introducing her self. Yoona look at her flawless palm for a little while , then reach it lightly.
"I'm Yoona .."
 
The girl chuckled."You're cute. Do you want to be my girlfriend ?"
Yoona startled , surprise really surprise by the question. This girl ,let's say just a stranger for her and now she's asking Yoona to be her girlfriend. There's so many phases Seohyun's has jumped. "Y-you ? You must be kidding right ?". But Seohyun's expression showed no other wise." I- I'm sorry but i already have a girlfriend..".She couldn't think and impossible for Yoona to be with another girl beside Yuri.
 
"I see..". Seohyun smiled and her expression showed no hints of disappointment though." When i saw you smiling by your self while looking at your phone. I guessed you are really in love."
 
Yoona couldn't help her self but smiling."Did that really obvious ?"
Seohyun nodded."It did..". Automatically Yoona blushed, even if the world knew she's in love . Yoona wouldn't mind."Say , i changed my question now. Do you want to be my friend ? You see , i'm a new student here , like you can guess i still didn't have a friend here nor do i want to make them one. But you , you seemed different and i really hope you feel the same , So ?"
 
The doe-eyed girl stare at Seohyun silently. She looks so weird but then again Yoona too. Maybe when two weird people together , they will make a good friend to be with. Yoona smiled and then nod her head."Let's be friend.".She felt glad now . There's always come a bright side withing everything happened towards life. And in Yoona's case , she made a new friend.
 
~~
 
"So guys..". Taeyeon said looking at her friends at the cafeteria table. Tiffany was busy on her phone , Her girlfriend the little cute Sunny bunny with her camera , Yoona and Yuri making their own world of conversation sending loving gazes, hah this two love birds ans last Sooyoung , who always said the break time was her favourite lesson because that's the time where she could freely eat without disturbed. Taeyeon realized how weird her friends are , but it didn't make her less grateful to have them . " The holiday about to come.. Have y'all made a plan where to spend it ?"
 
"I don't know just home maybe .". Sunny said getting a nod from the others.
" What ?".Taeyeon cringed."Come on . Holiday never come often , we have to spend it with something fun !"
 
"Weww..". Sooyoung wiped ." ave youw mwade a pwan yowself ?"
"I haven't..". Sooyoung rolled her eyes." But that's mean ,   i want to ask you guys first. I hope we can spend holiday together.."
 
"About that..". Everyone turned to Yoona." Professor Na called me this morning . He asked our helps for his research, he's going to rent a house . But that's a haunted house.."
 
Everyone's attention now really on her. "A haunted house ?". Sunny interested.
 
Yoona nodded." He wanted to do a research of poltergeist phenomena for his paper. And since i'm the one who 'able' to see them , he asked my self. But of course i need your helps too and beside the house is in a hill , so many beautiful views around. Perfect to spend holiday.."
 
"Count me in ! Count me in !". Sunny tapped on the table cheerfully following by Sooyoung.
 
" But guys really ? Haunted house ?".Taeyeon said in dismay. "I thought about something ..normal. Like beach ,mountain or something ."
 
"TaeTae..". Sunny flicked her fingers in front of her girlfriend's face." What's fun in something normal ? . Ghost are everywhere, even in what you called 'normal' place.". Taeyeon rolled her eyes."Beside ..we can have quality time together , when you feel afraid we can hug onto each other and,-".Sunny couldn't finish her words when Taeyeon shove her face.
 
"ert.."
 
"Well..". Yuri looked at Yoona." If that's something to do with ghost. Then i'll come too..".Yoona smiled mouthing a thank."Fany ?"
"What ? Oh yes..Jessi might be come. So i'll come too..". Tiffany frowned when her friends gave her a playful smirk." What ?"
"Tiffany and Jessica under a tree K-I-S-S..What was next ?". Sooyoung frowned." Oh yes ! I-N-G-U ..Kissingu !!".She stopped when Tiffany threw her fries at her. "Do it again ! I wasn't opening my mouth.". Tiffany hissed acted like going to punch her which make the tall girl coward.
 
" So Taeyeon ?".Yuri turned to her.
Placing her palm on the cheeks Taeyeon replied lazily."Yeah..yeah . Count me in too."
"Sorry Taeyeon..". Yoona said biting her lip, feeling guilty to the girl. It's all because of her that her friends didn't want to do something 'normal' anymore.
 
Taeyeon looked up and then smile at the doe-eyed girl. Im Yoona , she's a nice girl , Taeyeon thought. Beautiful and understanding, she feels so lucky to have her in the list of her good friends. " Nahh..It's ok. I understand..".She tapped Yoona's hand softly.
 
They continued to eat after the discussion , Yoona suddenly turned when she saw  her new friends."Seohyun !".She waved to the girl who bringing a tray . Seohyun smiled and approached her new friend too. There were another girls in that table , but Seohyun didn't mind about them. Her focus were only on Yoona. "Ehh guys..This is Seohyun. I met her at the library this morning."
 
"Hi Seohyun ~~". The girls waved at her friendly but she just greeted them back with a light nod and a forced smile, which make the girls stare at each other.
 
" Can i sit here ?".Seohyun asked earning a nod from Yoona. There was an empty space between Yoona and Sooyoung. But instead , she picked the space between Yuri and Yoona. The tanned girl scoot a little bit forcedly, to make the space wider trying her best to hide her anxious feeling too. Yoona smile awkwardly , actually she's a little bit annoy too.
 
"Ehh..Seohyun.". Yoona introduced her friends one by one." That's Sooyoung , ..".She waved her hand."Tiffany..".She smiled showing her crescent moon."Sunny .."
 
"Hiyo !"
"...Taeyeon..". She smiled." And Yuri...".Yoona introduced the last person with a little bit different expression. Seohyun deducted , so she might be the girlfriend she talked about.
 
"So..You're a new student here ?". Yuri asked , Seohyun look at her and stare at her coldly . Yuri shivered regretting why she have to ask her.
" Not really.. I've been two months here. But i never go out from class, and we never have the same class , so you all must be never see me before..".Everyone nodded."I heard from other students ...".Everyone stared at her ."That you guys are something like a ghost buster..especially you Yoona.".The doe-eyed girl lowered her head , so even Seohyun knew about her cu,- ability.
 
"Really ? Other students talked like that about us ? Coooolll..". Sunny smile proudly getting a kick from Taeyeon.
 
" But , of course..".Yoona said."They also talk bad about us right ? Like we are weird or something ?"
 
Seohyun nodded."Most of them yes , but i think you guys are cool.".
 
Sooyoung nudged her little friend."We are cool..".This is the first time she heard someone said that about her.
 
"Yes , i am always fascinated by something supernatural or creepy. If you guys don't mind , i want to join you sometime for the ghost hunt.."
 
Everyone stare at each other considering whether they will let Seohyun to join or nor."Hmmm..".Yoona answered."Actually , you come in the right time. Someone asked us to help with his research on supernatural phenomena in a haunted house. So i think you can join .."
 
"Really Yoona ?! Thanks !". Seohyun said happily and without a sign she suddenly hug the doe-eyed girl. Yuri's smile faded from her lips , she then threw her eyes to something else but the two girls. Her chest felt so heavy seeing Yoona have a skinship with another girl. Though maybe they are just friend but it doesn't make Yuri stop for feeling jealous. But Yuri trust Yoona , she sure there's no one else in her heart beside her.
 
~~~
 
The first day of holiday finally come, the traffic wasn't too busy because the school kids who usually packed the bus , train or other transportation were not in their duty for awhile. Some are already abroad traveling , some are doing part time job , some are at home sulking or happy to have a quality time with the family. Holiday also the time where you can wake up whenever you want .
 
Yoona looked at her watch , 8 : 03 AM . Three minutes late for her friends to pick her up. She waited and sigh . Are they really going to make it ?. Before Yoona could think any worse scenarios , two cars finally come in front of her house. One of the window of the driver rolled down , revealing her girlfriend's face."Hi ! Let's go !".
 
Yoona walked towards the car ,smiling but then she turned around for a sec looking at her house. She will leave this place just for a couple of days , the place where her good and bad memories made. Oh snap it Yoona ! . It's not like you gonna leave your home forever.
 
They began their trip to the house with two cars , one with Yuri , Yoona , Jessica ( there was no sunlight around , so she feels glas to be in her human form at day ) , Tiffany and Seohyun. Sooyoung,Hyoyeon , Sunny , and Taeyeon in another car. "So ..How to get to that house ?". Yuri asked unconsciously drumming her fingers on the steering wheel. If only she's not driving now , she would spend this whole trip to look at Yoona. Cause god , she looks so beautiful. 
 
" Professor Na has text me the direction..".Yoona pull out her phone."From here go to the highway , take Route 6 turn west. Ride about 50 miles . When you found a horse statue turn right , ride again about 20 miles . There's a village called Calgary , ride through it . Look for St.John Evangelist church, there's a road beside ,go there until you found the end sign of the village. Keep riding up to the hill , beware the road very poor so it's advisable to bring extra tires and someone who can do mechanic. Ride again about 40 miles there you will found the house. It's not hard to find it cause it's the only house around, Georgian type. ".Yuri cringed the only thing she could pick up just the route 39 thing. " Don't worry .. I'm your navigator..".Yuri glad to have Yoona here , because from her experiences the other girl was very bad at taking direction. "There's two caretaker of the house , Mr.And Mrs. Jae, they will served you before i arrive."
 
"Tell Sooyoung too..She must be really confuse to get to that house". Tiffany suggested.
" Don't worry, I texted her. Oh yeah one more thing..".Yoona paused looking at the text once more. She didn't understand what the professor meant but she have to tell it to others."Don't ask the people around , especially in the village. They wouldn't know about the house because it's also not in the map or gps. . The place were a solid and isolated one. I hate to warn you this but i ought to , when you arrived at the house you will feel like you are in a different world . Please prepare your mental."
 
There was a ghostly silent in the car , even Jessica who in the whole trip was closing her eyes ,now she's awake. "Wow..". Seohyun gasped." Look like the place is more interesting and fantastic than i expected."
Fantastic and interesting were not suit to describe a haunted house , Yoona thought. Creepy and wicked ,maybe. Yoona gazed through the window . Now here vision were full of houses , but it will soon become cars , rural view , trees and then that house. The haunted house.
 
She feels afraid yes ,but excited too. She couldn't wait but she hope the trip were not going to end soon. It's all mixed between wants and nots. If her grandma knew about this feeling , she will warn her fo not going and take Yoona to her house instead , where she usually spent her holiday. Something terrible might happen if you insist but your heart said otherwise. But this is her own decision , no one can bug it. Long enough she have someone to tell her what to do and don't. Why not do something based on her will now ?
 
Perhaps nightmares or sweetdreams wait for her there. Welcoming her by the gates and said 'Hey Yoona feel us , hear us , see us '. And when Yoona arrived , she knows it will be too late to get back . Now she asked herself , is she come to a place where she should be running away for ?.
 
Her eyes slowly closed , the dream that will forgotten soon must be arrive again. Before she fall into slumber , her mind goes to the haiku Yuri gave her. And this is indeed help her to overcome the insecurity. She repeated it again and again in her head.
 
We found each other , Though the day getting darker , i'm here just for you. We found each other , Though the day getting darker , I'm here just for you. We found....the day getting darker.....for you.
 
 
 
 
To be continued
 
Haiku for runaway subscriber : 
I am not in ease
Cause the subscribers decrease
But it's okay dude
 
Haiku for loyal readers :
 
Thanks for commenting
And those who have subscribing
Oh my dear readers