Bitter memory and nightmare

The Everyday ghost stories

You must be ever heard about ghost. Some people said they are a lost soul who,after their body died,had not yet gone to the light or The Other Side because they still have an unfulfill deed,they didn't finish yet when they were still alive. Some people said is just a hoax ,they didn't exist..it's just exist in our mind or imagination. Some people who has the believe in science claimed that's just our energy imprinted , in a high energized state or very low frequency. And that kind of energy make an imprint or apparition from our own mind.

 

As for Im yoona,she believe that ghost exist. It's not a blunt opinion or freak fanaticism,it's merely a confession. Yes,she can see the ghost or spirit or bull or whatever people opinion about them. They are everywhere in your house,in your own bedroom ,in your school,in the street that everyday you pass. They are in here.

 

"This is fake !!".She harshly close the laptop on her bed feeling enough with all the fake poltergeist video on the channel. This people just can making fun of something that they really don't know about. Ghost's attack in the kitchen,ghost in my house,ghost this..ghost that. It's a matter of time yoona seen a video about ghost peeking a showering girl.

 

She huffted and walk to her wardrobe to find her brown bear pajamas, if someone see what she's wearing for sleep ,they must be call her a childish in her teenage time. Luckily,she doesn't has any someone close with her. Her only company just her bedroom,internet ,movie and her dad..eventhough he rarely home. As for her mother,her beautiful,kind - hearted mother,she's must be in heaven now become an angel or god helper. If god really exist.

 

Her mother already passed away when yoona still ten,though she just knew and met her mom in those little time,but it's so meaningful for her. Her mom the only one who understand about her,not just because it's her duty to be a mother,but she sometimes can be yoona's friend,bestfriend and a shoulder to cry on when the kids in her school mocking her about her 'difference'.

 

Yoona can see the thing that not much people cannot see,it's usually called ghost or spirit. The doe-eyed girl knew that she's different when she still a kid,she didn't remember the first time she could see them,but she remember the most horrified experience of her ability. It was when yoona still in 2nd grade,she remember she sat on the very back corner of the seats,math lesson that time. On the seat across from her she saw a girl with red blood dress and long black hair that covering her face,she kept lowering her head,didn't move,didn't talk moreover interact with the other kids.

 

The teacher start to calling the kid one by one,including yoona but she noticed that girl who got yoona's attention earlier didn't yet raise her hand or mention by the teacher. She thought maybe the teacher forgot or carelessly pass her. Yoona raise her hand to remind the teacher that,that girl's presence still didn't recognize yet.

"Miss Park !!".Yoona said with her child cute voice reaching her hand above."There's a girl you didn't call yet..".She pointed to the seat across her.

 

The teacher frowned,she look at the direction her pupil pointed,but no one there except a long time empty seat,she adjust the glass on her eyes to make sure but still no one in there."Yoona,i think it's just your imagination..no one there.".She informed to the little girl,she clearly know that a kid in yoona's age still have so much imagination ,psychology said that. And after all she goes to college.

 

"But really miss,there's a girl here..She's wearing a red dress !".Yoona insisted taking the next glance to the girl that the teacher thought not there. She's still there,lowering her head but why the teacher couldn't see her. Is she blind or something ?.

 

The racket sounds heard when the desks move by the other kids,they're look so frighten and start to cry behind the back of Miss Park. Yoona frowned,why they're like that. Are they also couldn't see the girl ?.Yoona turn her attention to the teacher,miss park gave her an odd stare following by the other kids. Their stare is just a beginning for all the odd stare that people will show when they know about yoona's ability.

 

Yoona turn her attention to that girl once more,now she's nowhere in sight. Is it plainly just yoona's imagination or reality ?. No one know,until the next day her mother got a call from the school to talk about yoona's difference from the other kids. She's in there beside her mother listening and witnessing all the teacher and her mother talking about. Her mother clearly didn't look happy with what the teacher saying,the pulse on her temple tighten and emerge from her white skin,her face also reddened. If yoona knew this will happen,she wouldn't even talk about that girl. That red blood dress girl.

 

Next thing yoona knew she's walking hand by hand with her mother to the parking lot heading to the car . Yoona stop from her walk automatically stopping her mother's step too. Her mother smile despite the rage earlier and bend her body to be the same height as yoona. "Just say ..what you want to say honey..".Her mother patted yoona's head lovingly.

 

The doe-eyed girl lower her head for a brief of time,contemplating to really say all the things in her mind. She finally look up and speak with a trembling voice holding the tears back. "Am i weird mommy ? Am i a freak ? because i can see what other people cannot see ? Because i'm different..".It's not a question on the last part,yoona felt it wouldn't be any different if that's a question or statement.

 

Her mother stare at her with thoughtful face. "You're not weird honey nor a freak..".Her mother smile and tap her chin "Yes ..you are different ,but you are special yoona. You can see what other people cannot see ,that's one in a million ability that people have. Always remember that you are special.."

Always remember that you are special..

 

Her mother's words echoed on yoona's ears,she knew she can count on her mother,her mother always make feel better. But the next day in school,seems her mother's words not enough  to match with all the people in school snap at her.

 

"You're a freak !"

Always remember that you are special

"Devil's child.."

I'm not..i'm special

"Go away ! you curse !"

I'm special..I'm special !

 

Yoona snapped from that bitter memory,it's long ago she doesn't want to remember about that again and also three years after that happened her mother passed away because cancer. Disease,why there's such a thing in this world. Is it for human good or advantage or maybe god mocked human for their inability to cure themselves. If even god alone can cure the disease.

 

Yoona turn and step in front of the mirror,her face have change to be more mature by puberty,her hips also got wider,her skin also light and flawless. She can be count as good looking than other teenage girl in her age and also her doe-eyes is the number one attraction that people saw,but that doe-eyes also the reason why she's different from others. Why she's special.

 

And this is it now,her lonely life. Going bed alone without someone saying good night or have a nice dream. Being in home alone,because her dad still busy burying his head on so much papers. "Well good night yoona..".She mumbled and sighed turning her body for the bed.

 

"Good night yoona~~"

 

Yoona froze ,her body automatically turning back again staring at the mirror. She caught a glimpse of little white girl with blonde hair around 10 or 11 years old and wearing victorian white dress floating behind her. There's bullet wounds on her chest,there's three of it and also there's stains of blood dirtying the beautiful dress. What a waste.

 

Yoona turn her body again,staring deeply at the girl."You again !!".She said with stern voice. "Why you're still in here ? i told you ..to go away and don't bug anymore !".She didn't even scared with this ghost appearance.

The blonde ghost rolled her blue eyes. "It's me,Hanneli,who have to said that !".She said cockily and crossing her arms,her voice was so distant and echoed through yoona's ears "I'm the first one in here,long ago before you and your busy daddy made my humble house become a rickety hut..".The little ghost said in disgusted.

Rickety hut ?!. How could she said that to yoona's house ? the house that gave yoona so much good memory about her mother. Yoona gritted her teeth. "It's obvious,why i'm still here..Because I'M HUMAN..i'm still alive,and the law said that this is my father's house legitimately,and i'm his daughter i have the right to stay here ! while you...YOU'RE A GHOST..you didn't live anymore.. you have to be in The other side singing nursery rhyme or playing with your god !".

 

The little ghost girl stare at her in dismay. "Why you have to remind me about that ?! Conceited much because you still alive !! while me..".Hanneli start to cry. "Got shot by your people cruely eventhough i already beg them to let me alive and cry beneath their smelly shoes !.".Now,yoona felt bad for saying that thing to the girl."If that smelly slipper can count as a shoes !". Not really though.

 

Yoona sighed ,this ghost got really on her nerves. "Alright..my lady ,Hanneli. Thank you so much for your kindness to say good night to me. If you permit me,i want to immediately go to bed,sleep and rest peacefully without any disruption. Are we in agreement..? ".She batted her eye-lashes sarcastically,using some british accent saying that to the girl. Hanneli stare at her,squint her eyes while crossing her ghostly arms and tapping her feet. Well her floating feet.

 

Yoona groaned and walk to her bed ignoring the other creature in her room. She have school tomorrow and cannot get up late for it. "You're going to school tomorrow right ?".Suddenly ,hanneli said behind her with slightly cheerful tone."Long ago..when i still in England,precisely in Sus i attend girls grammar but because my father's job ,got me need to move from there eventhough i already have so much girlfriends. !!".The ghost said cheekily.

 

"So unfortunate..".Yoona pat her pillow trying to make it more comfort.

 

"Yep,there's the introvert Anne who always lend me a pencil if i didn't bring one,there's Susan she's nice but she has a bad teeth,and euhh..there's also a girl that i don't like,Betty !".She wrinkled her nose. "She always laugh and talk loudly in the class..which is the way for her to showing off everything she has."Hanneli put her chin on her palms,leaning flatly on yoona's bed. "But despite that,i'm missing them so much."She sighed. ghost can sigh ?! "I wonder where they are now.."

 

"Probably death..just like you"

 

"Yep..it could be,but i think they have a longer life than mine. Ahhh..i really miss them especially my teacher Miss Gillespie."

"Why don't you go back to your country and haunting in there ,not in MY HOUSE !".Yoona said sarcastically and turn her body backfacing the ghost.

"I die here..it's logical for me to roaming in MY FORMER HOUSE !"

"Why don't you fly ? or using a plane..? you're ghost ! you didn't even need a ticket to enter it !"

"It's not as easy as that..".Hanneli's voice dropped. "And i still have something to do..".She said in low tone.

"What ?!".Yoona turn her body back asking the girl to repeat,but the ghost already go to a thin air."Good..,you come and go as much as you like,just like a ghost..".Yoona chuckled. "She's a ghost anyway..".She turn her body again and drift to sleep ,hope this night the same dream or nightmare didn't come again.

 

The little girl step onto the hospital with her father beside her,earlier in school she just got a news from her teacher that her father fetch her ,she thought well maybe it's her lucky day because she can go home earlier than everyone. But when she saw her father's gloomy face,she knew there's something bad happened and it's not luck.

 

She step further to the hospital carrying her rilakkuma doll on her hand,each step she took felt so heavy ,if it's not because her father's grip on her hand yoona might already run away from this place didn't bother to know what's the reason her father took her here and also hospital is not a favourite place to visit well everybody does,but as for yoona,hospital is a place for so many spirits whether they still alive ,death or in between to roamed around crying in grief,shouting in pain and regretting what have done.

 

Yoona and her father pass so many doors and benches,the white paint is so dull. For yoona,hospital should be painted as blue or pink or more cheerful colors that represent the joy of life,not plainly white ,because for yoona white is representing the shine of light, just like in the tunnel of light when people move from this world to the other side . White is the color for the death.

 

Yoona and her father stop in front of a door,she frowned and lift her head "Why we are in here daddy ?".She asked innocently. Her father stare at her in the expression that yoona cannot guess,he didn't say anything and instead move his hand to open the door. Soon yoona saw a laying figure on the bed covering by a white sheet,yoona didn't know how to react,she really want to pull that sheet because it's the color that she really didn't like from the person,but she doesn't know who's the person,they might mad at her.

 

"Daddy ? who is that ?".Yoona nudged her father's white sleeve,why he also wearing white today ?. Her father bend his body and took her by the hands. "It's..it's your mother yoona..".He start to cried.

"Daddy ? wh-why are you crying ? and..and..why mommy in there ? is she sleeping ? did i disturb her sleep ? ".Yoona said in worried,she frankly still didn't understand with the situation. Without she realize ,her brown bear drop to the white floor of the hospital.

 

"Yoona..your mom is really sleep..but sleep forever..".He start to explained it slowly.

"What ?! forever ?! it's ..it's a long time right ?!".Yoona remembered her mother's answer when she asked that question."Then..mommy will sleep for a long time and didn't wake up anymore ?!".Tears start to roll down from her chubby cheeks.Her father nodded then she quickly run to her mother's side. She opened the covered on her face,It's her..it's really her looking so pale and lifeless. Yoona cried while hugging her mother that time,why they make her mother sleep forever. She look so health and live,why it's not happen to other people ? to they who want to sleep forever early. Why it's happened to her mother ?! the only guardian angel for her.

 

"Mommyyyy...".Yoona keep crying and crying beside the corpse of her mom,with her dad beside her trying to look tough and accept the fact that her wife,the only one he's love now gone..forever.

 

*Brak*

 

Yoona turn abruptly from her mother when she heard the door being opened harshly. She blinks her eyes to adjust her vision,there was a light ..a white shining light come,then the next thing her doe-eyes saw is,someone in a white clothes . Good another white,yoona saw that someone or something move toward her mother. Who's this ? why her father didn't do anything and he seems didn't realize with their presence.

 

Yoona suddenly widen her eyes when that someone took her mother by the neck,she watched it in horror as that someone grip her mother's neck tightly and drag her away.

"Daddy !! where they gonna take mommy !! daddy they gonna take mommy !!".Yoona shaked uncontrollably holding her mother's motionless body. Her father look at her in confuse and surprised ,he tried to make yoona calm by holding yoona's shoulder. "Yoona calm down honey..What happened ?!"

 

"They gonna take mommy daddy ..they gonna take mommy..!!".The next thing yoona saw is what people called a horror,that white someone become black with red eyes staring menacingly at her. That thing murmuring something she doesn't understand. " I will return into my house from whence I came out."* It's smirk and yoona watch again in frightened as that thing took her mother away.

 

"Mommy !! Mommy !!".

 

"Mom !!". Sweats covering yoona's broad forehead as she woke up abruptly from her sleep,that dream always coming frequently and it's getting worse from this past few days. She reach her hand to the night stand to find the glass of water for wetting her dry throat,yoona stare in space. Should she go to therapist and consulting her problem ? but she felt that this kind of thing it's not suit for it. She just need to wait for the answer to come ,hopefully it will sooner. She turn her head and pulling out something from the drawer,a heart shape music box. The gift her mother gave her for her six birthday. This music box is meant so much for yoona because whatever problem come to her life,the music in it always make her feel better. She opened the music box and listen to the moonlight sonata composite by Beethoven. She start to lay again with the music box beside her ears keep listening to it,and without she realize she drift back to sleep without that nightmare again.

 

'Here's your allowance for this week honey. I'm sorry i cannot be in home frequently,work keep increasing everyday. Always know that i love you so much and you are special *kiss* '

 

Yoona chuckled after read the sheet of paper on the dining table from her father. She knew though ,the only reason her father rarely home,he still mourn about his wife death and work hardly become the rebound,but despite that yoona know that her father love her so much,though he knew about the difference in his daughter's self.

 

Yoona put the money to her pocket and clap her hand once while putting a force smile on her lips. "Well..Mr.Kkuma..".She turn to the big brown bear doll on the dining table. "I think my dad can't make it again today. But don't worry we still have each other..".She chuckled and place her self on the chair across from Mr.Kkuma. "Today,i made bacon and egg for our breakfast. You have to eat it ! i don't want to hear your excuses about dieting and all !".She pointed a fork to the doll. "But really..you need a diet though..".She grinned and start to eat her breakfast. The only sound just come from the plate moving against the spoon and fork.

 

"Emm..i never thought that my cook could be this delicious !".Yoona said enjoying her own cook. "Mr.Kkuma ..you should eat your breakfast ! ".She glared to the doll."For me then ?".She smirked and nodding Mr.Kkuma's head with her own before taking another plate to her side,she gleefully ate it again . Her face suddenly change and she let out a heavy sigh. "I think i'm crazy now..Don't you think so Mr.Kkuma ?".She said looking at the motionless doll and turn to look at the window beside the dining table. "The weather look so cloudy today..Should i bring an umbrella with me ?".She turn again to the doll while frowning. "But it's in basement..I always hate to be in basement..".She sighed moving her wrist toward her vision."Oh my ! i'm going to be late for school..!!".She said

 frantically ,eating whatever remained on the plate and drank the water in one gulped. "See you later Mr.Kkuma..!!".Yoona rush to the door heading for school,hope she can catch the next bus in the right time.

 

Little did she knew,Mr.Kkuma dropped to the floor without any cause.

 

To be continued

 

*Matthew 12 : 43-45