Dawn of Realization

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Dawn of Realization

 

  

Jiyong stopped, mouth left agape in shock. Did she just say she missed him? His eyes scanned hers in attempt to come up with an articulate response but his mind failed him.

 

Chaerin uneasily chuckled, backing away from him a little; recollecting her own thoughts. The alcoholic substance left her with a boldness she suddenly regretted acting upon. “As a best friend of course.” She defended, once again trying to laugh off her previous statement.

 

Jiyong gulped, pushing back the pain he experienced when she moved away. Part of him wanted her that close, forever if he could have her. His mind ran vigorously, trying to process her words. Best friends? How could he ever be okay with just that? He now transferred his gaze towards the lit cigarette located between his fingers, staring vacantly at his shaking hand.

 

Chaerin bit her lower lip anxiously as she shifted her weight to her right leg. His face noticeably darkened and she felt goose bumps as she awaited a reply.

 

“You can’t say that.” He reasoned; his face was now contorted with pain. The air suddenly thickened and he felt suffocated. He brought his brown orbs to meet hers. “You’re not allowed to say that because you left me.”

 

“I didn’t leave you.”

 

“You did!” He yelled. He paused, taking a quiet breath, assembling himself once more; he didn’t mean to scream. He now lowered his voice, continuing. “You were my best friend, and you left without reason or warning. How is that supposed to make me feel?”

 

“I left for good reason.” She retorted, struggling for comprehensible words.

 

“Then tell me why.”

 

She hesitated, fingers now fiddling with one another agitatedly. Could she tell him? “I–“ Sudden panic surged through Chaerin and Jiyong furrowed his eyebrows in utter puzzlement. “I–I have to go. I’m…I’m sorry.” She turned her figure around; preparing to make a run for it until Jiyong’s hand tightly gripped her arm, rotating her back around.

 

“Stop leaving.” Jiyong’s words were simple but Chaerin felt an underlying meaning when he spoke them.

 

“Ash is waiting for me.” She replied, mentally praising herself for a logical answer.

 

So that’s what his name is, Jiyong thought to himself. Jealousy coursed through him and the fact that she was going to go running back to Ash sat uneasily with him. Jiyong just couldn’t comprehend why she avoided him for so long. Better yet, why was he just not good enough for her? “Is he your boyfriend?” Jiyong asked, taking another drag of the cigarette that up until now, he had forgotten about. He mentally scolded himself for asking consid

Please log in to read the full chapter