Goodbye

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Goodbye

 

 

Chaerin slowly shook her head, her gaze now falling to the floor. “I can’t stay.” She muttered.

 

“Why not?” Jiyong scoffed, scowling as his eyes flew around the room in frustration.

 

Chaerin brought her eyes to level with his but didn’t respond.

 

“Why?” He questioned again, shifting his stance, clearly impatient for an answer. “Why not?”

 

Chaerin bit her lip in attempt to keep harsh words in. For the life of her, she couldn’t understand this man nor figure him out. He expected so much from her, too much.

 

 “Is it because of Ash? Is that why? You’re going back to him, aren’t you?” He accused, his face now tinted with a hint of pink from the anger.

 

“What?” She asked surprised at his claim. “Definitely not!”

 

“Then what the hell is it!”

 

She frowned, chuckling bitterly in response, earning an eye roll from Jiyong for the lack of reply.

 

“Give me an answer Chae!” He demanded, his eyes burning with rage and something else Chaerin couldn’t quite read.

 

“There’s nothing. Let me leave, people are going to hear us.” She was quiet and exhaustion was written across her face. Chaerin was just completely and utterly tired of fighting. She didn’t come here to make a scene; it just seemed too unprofessional of her.

 

She shifted her stance, beginning to pace for the elevator before Jiyong stepped in front of her, halting her.

 

“I have a flight to catch in a couple of hours, let me go Jiyong.” Chaerin sighed, scanning Jiyong’s eyes.

 

“Tell me what you wanted to say.” He insisted, reaching for her hands.

 

“You’ve always been so selfish.” She replied, pulling out of his grip, lowering her eyes to look at her hands. She could still feel the lingering warmth from his hold a second ago.

 

When Chaerin received no reply, she continued. “Haven’t you ever considered how I feel? What about ME, Jiyong? What about the fact that you’ve been ignoring me for the past 2 weeks? YOU are supposed to be my best friend! Don’t you see all that hate I’ve been getting from the scandal? Is it so difficult for you to be my support system for once, instead of the other way around.” She exhaled, calming herself down. “Why can’t you just put your pride aside and just be with me for once?”

 

“You know it’s not like that–“

 

“No. This time, let me finish, J

Please log in to read the full chapter