Internal Conflict

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Internal Conflict

 

  

Strobe lights flickered as the blaring bass emitted the entire space. The large two-story building was currently occupied with chatters and tangled bodies dancing to the music. The YG staff party was currently in full swing.

 

“What can I get for you today?” A young server questioned, color flushing to her cheeks as she was obviously intimidated by the figure before her.

 

“Whiskey, on the rocks.” Jiyong replied nonchalantly, shifting in his position on the couch in the VIP space.

 

His fingers tapped restlessly against the table as his eyes roamed the entire area. He noted Chaerin’s absence and sighed impatiently. He had been told she was coming so where was she?

 

The server shakily set his glass down, constantly stealing glances at him and he forced a smile in obligation and muttered a quick “thanks” to which she giggled at. She lingered longer than necessary but Jiyong remained unfazed, grasping for the glass before taking a sip. Part of him knew Chaerin wasn’t going to acknowledge his presence but he still wanted to catch a glance of her at the very least.

 

Speak of the devil. As if on cue, Chaerin emerged through the VIP entrance gripping the arm of a man. His eyebrows furrowed as he sized up his competition. He was a tall, lean man with a defined jaw, carrying tattoos that stretched from his arms to his neck. He looked oddly familiar as Jiyong studied him. He scoffed in disbelief, who does he think he is?

 

“Whoa, hyung! Look, Chaerin brought a date.” Seungri exclaimed in a high-pitched tone, completely in awe. He lightly hit Jiyong’s arm, motioning towards Chaerin.

 

Chaerin was usually very reserved and never relished in public displays of affections. She rarely ever talked to anyone about personal matters with the exception of a select few. Jiyong recalled that he used to be one of those individuals. However, the point was, she brought a date and it was unlike her.

 

Jiyong adverted his eyes away from the couple, suddenly finding it more interesting staring at the glass held in his right hand. His full attention was on keeping the ache in his heart repressed.

 

“Where do I know him from?” Seungri scrunched his eyebrows, examining Chaerin’s date. “He looks familiar, right hyung?”

 

Jiyong was barely listening at this point; he swiftly downed the contents of the glass wedged between his fingers, the ice clinking when he set the cup down.

 

“Ji?” Seungri asked, raising an eyebrow and examining the latter’s face.

 

Jiyong’s features remained expressionless as he signaled towards the server for another round. Finally shifting his eyes towards the maknae, he simply shrugged, tracing the rim of his empty glass with his index finger casually. “Why does it matter?” He waved off the younger man’s question, glancing around for the server who still needed to bring his desperately required drink. He was slowly going crazy he noted to himself.

Please log in to read the full chapter