Drunken Stupor

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Drunken Stupor

 

  

Chaerin shifted her body in effort to compose herself at his words. Her eyebrows formed into a frown as she struggled for an articulate response. Jiyong remained slouched in his drunken stupor and Chaerin finally acknowledged just how close he was. Her nose caught the scent of his expensive single malt whiskey and she adverted her gaze away, deciding she needed a glass of it herself.

 

Jiyong took her lack of reply as rejection and he rubbed his temples in attempt to soothe his pounding head from the large amount of alcohol he had consumed that night. He continuously cursed and scolded himself mentally for allowing himself to be so vulnerable. After all, he was the one who told her that a leader should always be collected.

 

Through Jiyong’s peripheral view, he caught a glimpse of Chaerin hastily pouring herself a glass of whiskey. His eyebrows quirked up in surprise as he watched the blonde down the contents of the entire glass, her face briefly contorted with pain from the burn of the liquid.

 

“You want to talk feelings? Okay then. Let’s talk.” Her voice exuded authority and determination as she swiftly poured herself a second helping of whiskey. If they were really going to talk about this and attempt to solve their problems, then she needed to be drunk for this.

 

Jiyong’s gaze now leveled with hers, trying hard to understand her actions. He knew she hated drinking but if she was resolute on getting to the bottom of this, then so was he.

 

“, then okay, I’ll go first.” Jiyong muttered, taking a sip of the alcohol. “You left with no notice or warning. It was like I had become some sort of plague to you. Well, you know what Chaerin, don’t act like you don’t care because I know for a fact that I ed you the night before your departure to the States.” He finished, taking in a deep breath while trying to calm down his emotions.

 

Chaerin scoffed, downing her glass once more, any remnants of her attempt at composure was now out the window. “How dare you act like all of this was my fault? Now you’re going to pretend you care all of a sudden?” Chaerin lifted a finger, accusingly pointing at him. “You didn’t ing call or text me once after I left.”

 

Jiyong now raised both hands in the air in frustration. “What did you expect me to say? Am I supposed to get on my ing knees and beg for you to come back?” He retorted, fuming with anger.

 

“I don’t know, okay? I just expected something, anything.”

 

Jiyong sarcastically chuckled, the laugh not reaching his eyes. His eyes temporarily lowered to the glass wedged between his fingers, taking a big gulp of the content. “You left. It was as simple as that. You ing left as if it was easy for you!”

 

“It was never easy for me to leave!”

 

“Then why did you?” He screamed, running his hands through his hair furiously trying to understand her actions.

 

“Because of you!” Chaerin was now livid. “You ing idiot, it’s always been because of you!”

 

“What is that suppose to ing mean?”

 

“It means I ing fell for you, ! I left because I knew I could never be with you!” She cried, her hands now clenched into fists, the flesh turning white as she tightened her grip. She felt a momentary relief after h

Please log in to read the full chapter