Endings and New Beginnings

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Endings and New Beginnings

 

  

 

(3 weeks later)

 

“What do you mean?” Frustration surged through Jiyong as he searched her eyes trying to understand. He’s been fighting with Kiko over everything and anything recently.

 

“It just seems like you’re not there even when you’re with me.” Kiko’s light voice cracked and tears brimmed her eyes.

 

Jiyong’s eyes overlooked the entire room, avoiding any form of eye contact. He hated when he made her cry. He mentally scolded himself and paced closer to her. “Babe.” His voice softened and he bit his lip, still kicking himself in his mind.

 

“I don’t-“ She paused, and stiffened in attempt to compose herself. “I feel—I mean” Her eyes searched frantically at his face, pleading that he would make eye contact, but ultimately, she was let down. “I want to be with you so bad my heart hurts.” Her voice broke and her lips were swollen from the abuse her teeth had given. “I can’t help but feel there’s someone else on your mind.”

 

Jiyong’s eyes widened in response and he fidgeted with his fingers. He didn’t want to confront the lingering feelings Chaerin held in his heart. Ever since her arrival, all the feelings he had suppressed and refused to acknowledge have all surfaced. Somewhere in Jiyong’s conscience, he knew it wasn’t fair to Kiko but he loved her. He couldn’t let go of their history together. With a sudden urge of strength, his eyes glanced up at her glossy ones, still filled with tears. “Babe.” He edged closer, reaching for her arms. His heart broke when she flinched at his touch.

 

“If there’s someone else, please let me go.” Kiko begged, and any remaining effort to compose herself was out the window. She broke down and her hand gripped to her shirt to stop from shaking.

 

“I can’t.” Jiyong’s voice was a whisper, the air went out in his lungs and he stood there, just watching her beautiful face as she wept. He hated himself for it, but most of all he hated his feelings for Chaerin. Once again, he gazed back down, unable to make any more eye contact.

 

“Then I’ll do it.”

 

His eyes shot back up in disbelief and his heart sunk. No, no, no, no, no. This couldn’t be happening to him. Pain engulfed him and he felt suffocated.

 

“Jiyong, I love you more than anything. You have been a part of my life for many years and I’m so fortunate to be able to call you my first love.” She hesitated when tears began rolling down his cheeks. She sighed, edging closer to him, lacing both hands on his face and wiping away the warm liquid with her thumbs. “Hey, look at me. The one thing I know better than you is your heart and it’s okay if it’s waivered away from me. People drift apart and I don’t ever want you to believe this breakup was your fault. It’s for me Jiyong, I want to be the only one and I can’t stay if the case is otherwise.” She wanted nothing more than for him to just say she was the only one but she knew he couldn’t.

 

The ache in his heart was slowly becoming unbearable. Standing before him was the beautiful girl he had the privilege of loving for the past 5 years. Sure they’ve broken up many times, but parts of him knew they would always go back to each other. But this time, he wasn’t so sure anymore. This was it.

 

“You’re in the best years of your life. Please enjoy it Jiyong; continue making amazing music, I will always be rooting for you. Most of all, follow your heart. Go after the girl who’s been consuming your thoughts. Anyone will be lucky to love you.”

 

“Don’t do this.” He muttered out, searching her eyes frantically in panic for some sort of regret. His heart shattered when she didn’t take back her words.

 

She smiled through her own tears. “It’s not fair for either of us babe. We both deserve better. You can’t keep lying to your own heart and I can’t be with someone who has someone else on their mind. It just isn’t fair. I love you Jiyong, it will always be you.”

 

He shook his head and rummaged for words but his own brain had betrayed him, he could only come up with a small whimper. She planted a small peck on his forehead and he closed his eyes gratefully at the contact. He heard her heels click further away from him and he didn’t dare open his eyes. He wouldn’t allow himself to watch her leave.

 

The door shut quietly and Jiyong’s gasped in pain, he felt someone was throwing daggers at his heart.

 

  

“So what’s the plan?” Bom probed, casually grabbing a mug fro

Please log in to read the full chapter