A Decision Made

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

A Decision Made

 

  

The room was now occupied with an uncomfortable stillness as Jiyong cleared his throat, shifting awkwardly as he glanced at the strewn of clothes dispersed across the living room space.

 

He now hastily sat up, allowing a temporary moment of sobriety to settle in as he slipped on his boxers. Jiyong unintentionally cursed out loud, catching Chaerin off guard.

 

“. What on earth did we just do?” He asked, bewilderment lingering on his features. The blur from the alcohol loitered his vision and he roughly rubbed his face in effort to understand their previous actions.

 

Chaerin remained quiet. Her figure quickly left the leather couch and clumsily picked up her particles of clothing. Her thoughts were now running millions of miles an hour but she chose not to speak.

 

Jiyong fleetingly recalled Xin’s long length of absence but it left his mind as soon as his gaze landed on her bare body. His eyes followed her across the room and he cleared his throat once more, clearly affected by her figure.

 

“I have to go.” Chaerin mumbled whilst tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She momentarily thought of an excuse for her departure. “Xin will be back anytime now.”

 

It wasn’t that Chaerin regretted having with him, it was more so of the fact that she really shouldn’t have. They had way too many problems still needed to be resolved and this situation was piling onto their ever-growing list.

 

Guilt steadily ate Chaerin alive as she recalled a sleeping Ash still in her apartment. She scrunched her nose, placing her palm against her forehead, silently cussing. Picking up her pace, she quickly threw on her oversized shirt, tucking it into her tight leather pants.

 

Jiyong remained fixated in his seat, watching Chaerin scramble across the room, momentarily stumbling from the alcohol still in her system. He scoffed in complete disbelief.

 

“You’re leaving?” He asked. His eyebrows creased while his lips formed a straight line. He felt a small tinge of anger settle in and he took a deep inaudible breath to calm himself. He was entirely frustrated and more than anything, he was disappointed and upset. It hurt his pride and dignity watching her leave after he had completely bared all of him emotionally to her.

 

“I–“ Chaerin stopped, piecing words together in her mind. “I–uh, Ash is still at home, I just–I need to figure everything out.”

 

A sharp pain stabbed his heart upon hearing her words. “So…you’re going back to him? Just like that?” His voice slowly increased, and he clenched his teeth tight together to keep himself from losing it in rage.

 

“No, Jiyong. Just please, I need time. I will be over in the afternoon to pick up my car since I can’t drive home. I’ll see you then, okay?” Her voice shook and her thoughts remained scattered. She knew she was wrong but she wanted time to reflect on her feelings for both Jiyong and Ash.

 

“We just ed for gods sake, are you seriously going back to him after all of this?” Jiyong raised both hands in frustration. “I can’t–I shouldn’t have to wait for you to choose me. Pick me because you want to. Pick me because you owe it to yourself.” He paused briefly, and his voice was now soft and desperate. “Please just stay.” He in air and prayed for patience. His eyes studied hers as he awaited an answer.

 

 “I can’t.” Chaerin admitted, his gaze stayed on her and it felt like it burnt holes into her skin. She looked down, avoiding his stare. “I subconsciously fell for Ash and I can’t deny that and I can’t avoid it either.”

 

“What is that even suppose to ing mean?” Jiyong growled, fists tightening at his sides, clearly riled up. The alcohol settled in his system was heightening his emotions and all he saw

Please log in to read the full chapter