First Major Scandal

Without You
Please log in to read the full chapter

First Major Scandal

 

 

The past couple of weeks flew by for both Jiyong and Chaerin. They weren’t exclusive nor had either member discussed the touchy subject. They were just simply, trying.

 

Jiyong would send her a text every morning right after waking up and many more during times when he was available throughout the day. And, just like always, she would reply, with cute emoticons he had grown to favor, along with occasional supportive and motivational short answers.

 

Chaerin caught herself going to the YG building nearly every day as an excuse to see Jiyong and despite his usual disapproval and annoyance whenever someone disrupted him from focusing on work, he never once minded. Instead, his lips would arch into a welcoming smile and he would signal for her to pull up a chair beside him.

 

Every so often, Jiyong’s work would inspire Chaerin to jot down her own lyrics on a personal notebook and he always peeked over her shoulder as she wrote them down. She hated when others saw unfinished work, but he was an exception.

 

Frequently, the two leaders pulled all-nighters when an impulsive idea formed for a song. And, whoever yawned first always paid for the coffee or energy drinks while the latter repaid with a kiss.

 

Other nights, Chaerin would spend it at Jiyong’s place and he would wake up to an expected waffle breakfast the following morning. And, every single time, she would be clad in one of his shirts with no pants, allowing the fabric to cover just past her , and somehow, it never failed to take his breath away each time.

 

It was entirely unexpected but for them, it felt natural. They didn’t dare question their relationship status and that somehow felt all right because they were comfortable. That was it, the only single way to explain it.

 

 

Chaerin’s lips curved upwards as an evident satisfied look placed on her features. Lifting both hands up, she ran them down the silver cascading locks of hair before reaching for a can of hairspray.

 

A ring from her iPhone fleetingly caught her attention as she adverted her eyes away from the vanity mirror. She beamed upon seeing the text as she took the device in her hands.

 

“Morning babe, sleep well? –Jiyong”

 

A grin formed from ear to ear as she began typing a reply to his usual morning message.

 

“Always, and you? –Chaerin”

 

“Not as great without you :(. Will you be coming by the studio today? I need to show you this new song I started writing. –Jiyong”

 

“Sure, I’ll stop by. Should I bring coffee? –Chaerin”

 

“Just bring your fine self. –Jiyong”

 

Chaerin giggled at his response and placed her iPhone back on the glass vanity before pacing towards her closet.

 

Her eyes scanned the spacious room before landing on a black Chanel mini dress she had recently purchased in New York. A contented smile stretched as she reached for the item.

 

Stepping out of the space, she readjusted the accessories that clung on her wrist. Only then had she heard a faint beep coming from her phone. She casually stepped for the mobile, but grimaced in result. There were too many missed calls from Hyunsuk for comfort. Her eyes glanced across the screen, reading his text warily.

 

“Come to my office immediately. –Hyunsuk”

 

Her lips instantaneously dropped into a straight line as her eyebrows furrowed in worry. Her mind began rummaging through and analyzing every mistake she had made recently only to come to an empty conclusion. What was wrong? She thought as the grip on her phone tightened.

 

Chaerin hastily reached for her designer tote bag, feeling anxiety take a steady course. A familiar ring tone momentarily adverted her attention and she reluctantly answered the phone.

 

“Dara?” Chaerin spoke, running her hands through her hair.

 

“Baby Rin! Are you okay? Oh my god!” Dara’s voice occupied obvious concern, leaving an unsettling feeling for Chaerin.

 

“What? What are you talking about?” She replied voice shaking as her heartbeat increased.

 

“Oh my god…” Dara’s soft voice trailed off.

 

Chaerin shifted her stance agitatedly, awaiting a response.

 

“Read the news right now Rin. I just–I’ll meet you at the YG building. Don’t say anything to the paparazzi, okay? I’ll see you soon. I’m here for you.” She answered before the lined ended, leaving a constant endless beep sounding at Chaerin’s ears.

 

Chaerin fingers tapped against the iPhone screen, searching her name. Multiple recent articles with similar titles popped up and her eyes widened in response.

 

“2NE1 LEADER, CL SPOTTED KISSING MODEL, ASH AT AIRPORT”

 

“!” She cursed, dropping her head into her hands. “!” She once again shouted before she brought her head back up and glanced around the space helplessly.

 

Her pace increased, heading towards the door before entering her car, her hands shaking while she tilted her head back, allowing a moment to compose herself.

 

Her teeth gripped for her lips as she slipped on her Chanel sunglasses with trembling hands. Chaerin steadily maneuvered past the driveway, heading for the YG building.

 

  

Please log in to read the full chapter