Chapter 2: Better Than

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"What do you think?" Juin breaks my concentration of reading the script by the question. I look up to see her take a seat next to me. "You're not going to regret it now, aren't you?"
 
Three days after Juin gave me the offer to star in the drama, both my manager and President Hong finally agreed to let me try acting in a drama, hoping that this chance will improve me in various aspects.
 
Juin was extremely excited when I sent her a direct message on Twitter. She immediately called me, asking my phone number via direct message. She thanked me numerous times, telling me how grateful she was because of the decision.
 
One thing to note: she is really expressive, isn't she?
 
Two days after that, she came to our apartment and told me that the first script-reading would be held next month while some casts are still waiting for confirmation.
 
Meanwhile news spread fast about my agreement to star in the drama. After CUBE Entertainment's representative spoke about it, my fans keep mentioning me in their tweets, giving me support, wishing me luck, waiting for the drama, etc.
 
An article had been released around a week after Juin offered me the role.
 
 
"B2ST's Yoseob to play the male lead on Prince Charming & I"
 
Photobucket
 
Main vocal of B2ST, Yoseob, has been confirmed for the male lead role in the upcoming drama, "Prince Charming & I".
 
It will mark his first acting on screen after the musical "Kwang Hwa Moon Love Song". He will play 'Lee Yonghyun', a young man who falls in love with a girl who believes with the existence of Prince Charming in real life.
 
Yoseob will be romancing Wang Juin, who plays the female protagonist 'Moon Nari'.
 
 
The short and simple article increases my followers in Twitter, members in fancafe, and requests for BEAST to sing the soundtrack for the drama.
 
However for the past one month, both Juin and I were too busy to spend more time together for the drama discussion. She was finishing her schedule as a model for CF while I was working for a track for the OST of "I'm a Flower, Too" with Junhyung and Dongwoon. I also had  schedules here and there for almost everyday.
 
Today I finally met Juin again for the first script-reading with the other cast members of the drama. We worked together for at least three hours and now I stay behind to rehearse on my own.
 
Juin decided to stay with me so she can help me just in case I need her direction as the more experienced senior.
 
"It's interesting," I answer her with a sheepish smile, "but I'm not sure I can do better than Doojoon, Gikwang, or Junhyung."
 
"Yah, don't say things like that," she scolds me softly. "You are you. If you can be like them, be yourself. It's not like they can be like you as well."
 
Great, my heart beats faster. Don't tell me I'm blushing right now.
 
"T-Thank you," I quickly avoid her eyes, afraid that I'm going to blush harder if I keep staring at her. "I-I'll try my best."
 
"Good," she ruffles my hair, ruining my plan to stay cool. Why do I feel that she is treating me like I am younger than her?
 
"Just curious...," Juin suddenly mumbles, "...is there any chance you're going to feature in the soundtrack?"
 
"Perhaps," I answer her without shifting my eyes from the script. "If we receive an offer, there is a big possibility for us to accept it."
 
I stop reading the script and a thought crosses my mind; maybe she just wants to see Doojoon.
 
Is it appropriate for me to ask her?
 
"Juin ah...," I tap my fingers on the table as she turns to look at me with a sweet smile. Aish, that smile!
 
"Yes?" she tilts her head to other side cutely.
 
"Err, what do you think about the script?" I change the question calmly.
 
No, I can't ask her. It's way too straight forward especially I'm not really close to her.
 
Maybe next time. Maybe.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
It's amusing to look at Yoseob when he is reading the script in silence. I thought he was a playful and hyperactive person since he is infamous as Aegyo Prince among his fans.
 
Looks like his image on stage and off stage are quite different.
 
He looks really serious with his eyes dart on the script. Sometimes his lips move along as he murmurs some lines by himself while the other casts are preparing to leave.
 
"Thank you for asking Yoseob for this drama," the producer thanks me casually. "I'm sure his popularity will totally affect the rating."
 
"I hope we will be a good team," I bow politely to him. "Let's work together for the drama."
 
I excuse myself and then approach Yoseob. He is too focused that he doesn't even notice my presence.
 
"What do you think?" I ask him with a smile. He looks up from his script to me while I sit next to him. "You're not going to regret it now, aren't you?"
 
"It's interesting but I'm not sure I can do better than Doojoon, Gikwang, or Junhyung," he answers with a nervous smile.
 
Ah, this is indeed a common thing to worry for by a newcomer. I understand how it feels since I've been there before.
 
Even though Yoseob has appeared in many variety shows, he was acting as himself. This time he needs to engulf himself in another character; a lead male protagonist, to be exact.
 
Honestly speaking Junhyung is probably the best candidate other than Doojoon but since I don't have another quick option, Yoseob is indeed the best for this role.
 
Now I need to deal with his confidence. I can't let him down just because he thinks the other members are better than him because they are more experienced.
 
"Yah, don't say things like that," I encourage him. "You are you. If you can be like them, be yourself. It's not like they can be like you as well."
 
"T-Thank you," he returns his gaze to the script."I-I'll try my best."
 
I think I see his flushed pink cheeks. He is indeed cute when he is blushing. I reach out my hand to ruffle his hair, "Good."
 
Even though I am a year younger than him, I don't feel like one. Perhaps because he does look really young with his appearance and he is my junior for now in acting.
 
I wonder what I will do right now if Doojoon is here.
 
"Just curious...," I murmur vividly, "...is there any chance you're going to feature in the soundtrack?"
 
"Perhaps," Yoseob answers but his eyes never leave the script. "If we receive an offer, there is a big possibility for us to accept it."
 
So there is a chance I can listen to Doojoon's voice for this drama, right?
 
Aigoo... what am I thinking actually?
 
"Juin ah...," Yoseob mentions my name and turns to look at me.
 
"Yes?" I tilt my head, waiting for his continuation.
 
"Err, what do you think about the script?" he asks with an awkward grin.
 
I take a quick glance at my wristwatch. I still have an hour before my next schedule. I stand up from my seat, "Let's rehearse the first scene of the drama together."
 
"Eh?" he blinks in confusion. "Now?"
 
"Of course," I pull his arm so he will stand up and follow me. "Come on. Lee Yonghyun and Moon Nari! Hwaiting!"
 
I just need to focus practicing with Yoseob now so he can do his best.
 
I'm sure he can do better than what he thinks.