Chapter 4: Because You Live

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Do I look like a Prince Charming?"
 
I click the tweet button along with a selca attached with the tweet. I am at the photo shoot scene for "Prince Charming & I" with the casts of the drama.
 
The photo shoot just finished and I use the chance to tease fans with my prince-look-alike uniform. A teaser photo will always make the fans excited, right?
 
"Yoseob," Juin approaches me with her princess gown. "Do you want to practice for the first episode with me?"
 
"Don't you have any schedule after this?" I ask her while taking off the tie around my neck. "I've tried to practice with Gikwang at our apartment but I guess I couldn't grab the feeling with him."
 
"Well, let's create the chemistry then," she chuckles. "I'm free for today. I'm going to change my clothes first. Do you mind if we practice here?"
 
"Not at all," I answer her, looking at some casts who are practicing their own roles as well. "I'm going to change my clothes too then."
 
I quickly change my clothes, feeling joy overflow in my heart. It always feels good to know that I'm going to practice with Juin. At least I can spend more times with her, right?
 
While I'm waiting for her, leaning against the wall, I take out my phone and check my Twitter account. After reading the mentions from my fans, I exit the application and open my picture album.
 

Photobucket

I read this tweet three days ago when I was practicing by myself in my room. It's a really simple tweet but I find it's interesting so I capture a screen shot of the tweet.
 
Well, I guess I can guess who this person in this tweet she was talking about.
 
It must be Doojoon.
 
"Yah, Doojoon," I asked him when I seek him for tips and tricks for acting the role, letting him to read the script. "What do you think about Juin?"
 
"Juin?" he raised his eyebrow and then grinned. "Why? Do you like her?"
 
"Don't make your own assumption," I threw a pillow to him. "I'm just asking since you two look really close. Who knows that you two will make a good couple together."
 
"She is a sweet girl," Doojoon threw the pillow back to me. "A really good actress. I hope we can work together with her someday for our MV."
 
This guy didn't get my point. I was trying to ask him about his feeling towards Juin because it's obvious that she was in love with him. Since I couldn't ask Juin, maybe it would be the best if I asked Doojoon.
 
"Do you like her?" I blurted out the question, gaining the wide eyes from him.
 
"Hah?" his jaw dropped because of my sudden question. "What are you talking, Yoseob? Trying to hook me with Juin?"
 
I didn't say a word, waiting for him to answer me. He noticed that I was serious with my question. Doojoon sighed, "Do you think so?"
 
"If I know the answer, I won't ask you the question," I mumbled and looked at his eyes. "You do look like you have a crush on her, you know."
 
"Like I said, Yoseob...," Doojoon returned my script to me, "...she is a sweet girl."
 
The conversation ended just like that. I can get the hint that he does have a special feeling for Juin but I guess it's not a love.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Thank you for the practice," Yoseob bows to me after almost an hour rehearsing some scenes. "I think I still need to practice more often, don't I?"
 
"You're doing great," I tell him and put my script back on my bag. "I can see Lee Yonghyun inside of you."
 
He laughs and stands up from his seat, "Do you have anything to do after this, Juin?"
 
"I don't think so," I reply and tilt my head. "Why? Do you want to have another practice?"
 
"Ah, it's not like that," he scratches his cheek with his index finger with a nervous smile. "I just want to thank you for guiding me. I don't know what I can do without you."
 
"You're exaggerating my help," I chuckle as both of us walk out together. "I'm happy to share my experiences with you. We're friends, right?"
 
Yoseob is indeed a really good friend. Being a friend who wants to share experiences with him, I try to find more information about him and it's kind of easy since he is popular.
 
His vocal is beautiful and his personality is praised by public. I wonder why I never noticed his charisma before. Maybe I was too focused with Doojoon.
 
"Do you want to visit my apartment to meet the others?" he gives an idea. "We have accepted the offer to sing for the soundtrack of the drama. Junhyung is trying to write the lyrics. Want to have the spoiler first?"
 
Their apartment. That means I can see Doojoon, right?
 
"Sure," I nod and follow him to his car after telling my manager that I will return to my apartment by myself.
 
"Ah, where are the others?" Yoseob murmurs after we step in the apartment. "Doojoon? Junhyung? Dongwoon?"
 
No reply.
 
"I think they're going out for a while. I'll try to call them," he says, giving me a sign to follow him into the main room. "They must be somewhere together."
 
I sit down and check my phone. It's just my habit whenever I don't know what I need to do. When Yoseob walks into the kitchen, my eyes explore their apartment, looking at things around.
 
"They are on their way back from a restaurant," Yoseob tells me and sits next to me. "They are really hungry but too lazy to cook something because Hyunseung is not here."
 
"Yoseob," I call his name. "Will you do a solo performance for the soundtrack?"
 
I'm not a singer. I can't even sing well. Let's say I am tone-deaf but I love to hear amazing voices like Junsu, Super Junior's Yesung, and of course Yoseob. I know he just released a song for "I'm A Flower, Too" with Dongwoon and Junhyung and I love the sweet song.
 
Even though I like Doojoon, I want to hear Yoseob sing a song by himself. I'm sure his fans will be delighted to hear his angelic voice too.
 
"I don't think so," he answers with a gentle smile, "but don't worry. BEAST will sing a good song for the soundtrack."
 
"I see," I nod slightly but I feel a little bit disappointed. It's weird how I want to hear his voice so bad.
 
"Do you want me to sing a song for you?" he asks me bluntly.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Yoseob, will you do a solo performance for the soundtrack?" Juin asks me calmly. Her question surprises me somehow because I don't expect her want me to do a solo.
 
"I don't think so but don't worry. BEAST will sing a good song for the soundtrack," I tell her with a smile.
 
"I see," she gives me a weak smile. I can see that her smile is forced and I catch a hint of disappointment in her voice.
 
Since she has been helping me through practice for the drama, I think I need to return her favor. If she wants me to do solo, I think performing a song for her in person will be good.
 
"Do you want me to sing a song for you?" I ask her, ignoring how fast my heart is beating. "I can't promise you that it will be really good though but I'll try."
 
"Wait a minute," I stand up and take my iPod. I plug the earphone in my ears, "Since there is no music recorded here, just think that I sing an acapella, okay?"
 
I take a deep breath and close my eyes as I try to remember the lyrics of the song in my mind. I only need to hear the music for the beat.
 
"Staring out at the rain with a heavy heart
It's the end of the world in my mind
Then your voice pulls me back, like a wake-up call
I've been looking for the answer, somewhere
I couldn't see that it was right there
But now I know what I didn't know"
 
Good, I still remember the lyrics. I open my eyes and smile to Juin as I sing the refrain part.
 
"Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself
When nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has twice as many stars in the sky"
 
The refrain describes my feeling perfectly. Even though I don't feel confident enought to be the main role for this drama, Juin keeps supporting me, encouraging me that I can do better.
 
"It's all right, I survived, I'm alive again
'Cause of you, made it through every storm
What is life? What's the use? If you're killed inside
I'm so glad I found an angel
Someone, who was there when all my hopes fell
I wanna fly looking in your eyes"
 
I only look at her eyes, singing with all my heart for her. This is not only a thank you song; it's something more than an ordinary thank you.
 
"Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself
When nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has twice as many stars in the sky"
 
I know Juin doesn't remember about our first meeting. Yes, Juin and BEAST met for the first time at the music award but it's not my first meeting with Juin.
 
I met her even before she met Doojoon.
 
"Because you live, I live"
 
I was walking around by myself. It was before BEAST debut so I was still free to roam around. I was really nervous that I felt I could ruin everything on my first live performance.
 
I was being paranoid with the thought like what if my voice cracked, what if I forgot the dance, what if I did stupid mistakes on stage.
 
That's when I met Juin.
 
"Because you live, there's a reason why
I carry on when I lose the fight
I want to give what you've givin' me always"
 
I was sitting alone at the edge of the lake, looking at my own reflection on the water, trying to calm myself down. Suddenly I heard a sound behind me.
 
I turned around and found someone fell down. I quickly helped her to stand up and she gave me a bright smile. A smile that made my heart to skip a beat for no reason.
 
"Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself
When nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has twice as many stars in the sky"
 
She thanked me and then asked me if I had a trouble because I didn't look good. I simply told her that I was nervous because I would perform something important in my life soon.
 
"Because you live and breathe
Because you make me believe in myself
When nobody else can help
Because you live, girl
My world has everything I need to survive"
 
That night she gave me strength that she didn't even realize she has given to me.
 
"Because you live, I live
I live"
 
"Close your eyes," she told me with a sweet smile. "Believe me. Just close your eyes."
 
I reluctantly closed my eyes, holding my breath. I could feel she took a step closer to me and suddenly I felt she held both of my hands. I quickly opened my eyes and looked at her.
 
"Someone will always be with you even though darkness engulfs you," she muttered, embracing my hands gently. "I don't know what you're going to do but I'm sure everything will be alright."
 
She released my hands and put her own fingers on her lips. Suddenly she placed the fingers she just kissed on my cold lips.
 
"Return that one day when we meet again," Juin pulled her hand away with a shy smile. "Good luck."
 
After that she quickly ran away somewhere because she needed to meet someone, she said. That time she was not as popular as now so I didn't recognize her face that night.
 
I tried to find her but I couldn't since I didn't have a clue about her. I performed my debut performance pretty well and here I am after two years since our debut.
 
I finally recognized her around a month after my debut. She was infamous for her role as the Princess but since our worlds were too different, being a singer and she's an actress, I didn't have a chance to meet her in person.
 
When we finally met again, I'm sure she doesn't remember it. Of course she doesn't remember it; I was only a man who was desperate enough to be helped by her that night.
 
She never knows but she has my heart since that moment.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
Just like what I thought, Yoseob's voice is really beautiful. Listening to him sing solo for me, right in front of me, I feel like he dedicates the song for me.
 
His eyes never leave mine all along the song and I swear my heart beats faster when he sings the last refrain. He manages to hit the high note without a mistake and his expression is so serious.
 
If he loves a girl, I'm sure he will treat the girl like she is his world.
 
"That's beautiful," I clap and smile to him. "Thank you for singing the song. Your English is really good too, you know. Ah, I wish I have such a beautiful voice like you."
 
Yoseob turns off the iPod and put it aside along with the earphone, "It's not about how beautiful your voice is. It's about the reason you want to sing the song."
 
There. Another second where my heart skips a beat because of Yoseob.
 
What is this feeling?
 
"I sing for you," his lips form into a perfect curve, "that's why you think it's beautiful."
 
"I don't know you're a charmer," I clear my throat nervously, avoiding his gaze because my cheeks feel warm.
 
Wait, am I blushing because of Yoseob?
 
He suddenly reaches out his hand and tucks my long hair behind my ear, "Thank you, Juin."
 
"Eh?" I look up to see his face; the sincere and charming smile hasn't disappeared from his lips.
 
When he is going to answer me, we hear the sound of the opened door. I can hear Doojoon's sound, talking to someone else while another one closes the door.
 
Yoseob leans closer to my ear and whispers something before he gives me a sheepish smile, walking away to meet Doojoon and the others, leaving me with burning cheeks.
 
"Because you make my world has everything."