Chapter 8: Complete

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I read my timeline carefully and find Juin's last tweet. She tweeted it around an hour ago.
 
"I hope I will do good. Everything will be alright?"
 
There are three replies from three different persons for her tweet. One is from Junsu, her best friend, another one is from Gikwang, while the last one is from Doojoon.
 
"@wjuin do well! will watch you for sure!"
 
"@wjuin right. right. right. we'll see you tonight, Queen Wang! ^.^"
 
"@wjuin of course we will do good. can't wait for tonight~~~ ^^"
 
Tonight Juin will host MelOn Music Awards along side Doojoon, Park Shin Hye, and Super Junior's Leeteuk. She is the only MC who doesn't have music as her background but since her popularity has increased rapidly, she got an offer as one of the MCs.
 
I'm sure Juin must be really happy that she will host the show with Doojoon. I wonder if Doojoon feels the same.
 
Can't Juin notice my feeling for her even until now? Even after I called her 'my princess'? Even after our date to Seoul Tower two days ago? Even after the lock we put together on Lovers' Locks?
 
I wonder how long will I keep stay like this; giving her endless hints yet she still can't get the sign from me. What kind of hint that will make her realize my feeling? A confession?
 
I check draft of my schedule which I put in my phone and I just remember that I will have my first recording for the drama tomorrow with Juin. The day after tomorrow, I will fly to New York for another event. Then I must prepare to Singapore for another music award.
 
My next week will be really busy but, well, at least I can still meet Juin. Let's just say I'm trying to think positive here.
 
Plus I also will see my fans today. Since BEAST hasn't going to have another comeback, having a live performance always makes me feel happy because I can see our fans.
 
"Wang Juin...," I stare at my phone which is showing her Twitter profile. "Until when you will treat me as a Prince only?"
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
I check my make up on the mirror, making sure that everything is perfect. I tilt my head, feeling a little bit ridiculous because of the red lipstick I put on.
 
Looks like for this one I can't agree with the make up artist; I don't like too daring color. Especially on my lips.
 
I take a tissue and wipe off my lipstick. Sometimes I blame myself from lacking the sense of fashion for make up even though I am an actress.
 
"Excuse me," someone knocks on the door, gaining my attention from my own reflection.
 
Yoseob is taking a peek carefully, giving me an awkward grin as if he is afraid of disturbing me. I stand up from my seat and greet him, "Yoseob. Come in."
 
I am in the waiting room for the MCs. Doojoon excused himself to meet s and Leeteuk has the same excuse. Park Shinhye is preparing for her opening performance for the event so I'm the only one who has nothing to do.
 
There are still forty five minutes to do and I will do my last rehearsal with three of them in the last twenty five minutes; can't blame them for having performances for today while I'm only an MC who will complete them.
 
"Did I disturb you?" he steps inside with his maroon uniform. "Doojoon is discussing something with my manager. He said he will meet you in five minutes or so."
 
"I'm all alone," I chuckle. I study his face as his lips form into a shy smile. He looks both tired and happy at the same time.
 
"Hmm?" he tilts his head and frowns. "I thought you wore red lipstick when we met on the red carpet."
 
Wow. He notices even such a detail? No wonder why he is well known as the caring one in CUBE Entertainment.
 
"Red is not my color. I will ask for another color later," I smile sheepishly. "I thought you would wear suits for tonight."
 
"Why would we wear suits?" he asks me back with curiosity on his face.
 
"Because you will perform On Rainy Days tonight, right? I watch your performances with black suits and white suits," I answer him. "Do I sound like a stalker now?"
 
"BEAST has Queen wang as a stalker," he jokes and laughs. "Do I not look good in this one? I think it's quite cool, you know."
 
"You look good in everything," I compliment him sincerely. "Your fans will love you no matter what you wear."
 
He looks surprised for seconds because of my reply but then he makes me freeze by a short question, "Will you do the same?"
 
Why do I always say something that make misunderstandings to appear? More likely, why do I feel that he likes to tease me?
 
Fortunately I am saved by Doojoon this time. He enters the room with his uniform as an MC. I need to prevent myself from blushing because he looks really handsome in the white shirt and gray long coat.
 
"I'm sorry for making you wait," he closes the door and walks closer to me. He turns to Yoseob, "Do you need something, Yoseob?"
 
"I just paid a visit," Yoseob replies with a big grin. He pats Doojoon's shoulder, "Good luck then. I'm going back to join the others."
 
After Yoseob leaves, Doojoon stares at me for seconds with his charming look that makes me nervous, "W-Why? Is there anything on my face?"
 
"Well...," Doojoon smiles and takes a step closer to me, "...you are-"
 
He can't finish his words because Leeteuk just enters the room with Shinhye; we're going to recheck the schedule before rehearsal.
 
I wonder what Doojoon was trying to say.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
MelOn Music Awards 2011 starts. Both Juin and Doojoon show a good collaboration together with Leeteuk and Shinhye. I can see happiness on Juin's face whenever Doojoon looks at her while hosting.
 
Looks like for this one I can't endure my jealousy. For the audience, it may look like Juin is trying to create the chemistry with Doojoon but I know it's much more than that.
 
During BEAST's performance, I manage to find Juin, standing next to Leeteuk and Shinhye to watch us. I focus to sing my parts without any flaw since I want our fans to be satisfied with our performance.
 
Night goes on and finally the award for Artist of the Year is going to be announced. The moment BEAST is announced, I stand up with victory smile. I bow politely to the others and step up to the stage with the others, giving our thank you speech.
 
When I finish my speech and Dongwoon continues, my eyes meet with Juin's. She makes a 'V' sign with her fingers, giving me a wide smile as her congratulation sign.
 
I can't help myself to smile because of her simple gesture. I step down from the stage with the award thropy and a bright smile, both satisfied because of the award and happy because of Juin's smile.
 
Doojoon excuses himself to join with Juin, Leeteuk, and Shinhye again to continue his task as the MC. I only watch him walk away. Leeteuk and Shinhye congratulate him and he bows politely as his gratitude.
 
When it comes to Juin, Doojoon doesn't bow but he whispers something to her that makes her chuckle before both of them continue to focus at the show again.
 
Why is the uneasy feeling disturbing my heart really bad today?
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Thank you and congratulations," I bow to Leeteuk and other Super Junior members. "I guess I'll see you again in Singapore."
 
The award has ended and the artists return one by one after giving their congratulations to other artists. BEAST just step down from the stage after giving bows to the audiences as their thank you sign for the award.
 
I'm really happy when they were announced as the Artist of the Year. After two years, this award is indeed really big and important for them. As their friend, I'm happy for them and as their fan, I'm proud of them.
 
After minutes, I thank the staffs and then tell my manager that I'm going to meet BEAST first to congratulate all of them in person.
 
When I enter the backstage room, they just finished recording their thank you message for their fans. At least I didn't disturb their recording.
 
"Congratulations for the award," I bow in ninety degrees. "You also gave us a wonderful performance. BEAST is the best!"
 
"Thank you, Queen Wang," Gikwang and Dongwoon bow to me. Junhyung and Hyunseung also bow and say the same thing.
 
"Did the Prince Charming charm you?" Yoseob asks me casually. I know he's only teasing me so I stick out my tongue to him.
 
"Juin, can we talk?" Doojoon whispers to me while the others are busy taking photos with the throphy. "Alone."
 
My heart skips a beat when he says 'alone'. I nod shyly and follow him out from the backstage room. He leads me back to the backstage room for MCs, which is empty now.
 
"There is something I want to say to you," he closes the door and steps closer to me. "I promised myself that I would tell you if we won the award tonight."
 
"W-What is it?" I stammer because my heart is beating uncontrollably. His words that he whispered to me after they won the award is repeating in my mind again.
 
"I want to thank you up there but I'm afraid your fans will be jealous."
 
Thinking that he was only trying to tease me, I hid the joy inside and continued to host the show with extra happiness. Now that he said he wants to talk with me alone, I can't hid my blushing cheeks anymore.

"BEAST brought back two trophies tonight. I hosted one of the biggest music awards tonight. Our fans are as loving as always. My night is completely perfect," he mumbles with a smile while I just listen to him with rapid heartbeat.
 
"Ah, come to think of it, I haven't finished what I wanted to say before the show, right?" he brushes my cheek with his right hand. His smile doesn't disappear and I am totally captivated by him.
 
He leans closer and whispers to my ear, "You're beautiful, Juin."
 
I swear my heart is going to jump out from its place if it can. Blood rushes to my blood in fastest speed that I can't even say a word to him.
 
He is not the first man who compliments me but I guess it's true that someone you love can make you feel different with simple words.
 
"T-Thank you...," I murmur, feeling both happy and nervous at the same time. Did he just want to say that?
 
"Juin," he lifts my chin with his finger until our eyes meet, "will you complete my night with your heart?"
 
Doojoon kisses my lips.