Chapter 15: Why

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Are you feeling better now?"
 
A weak smile forms on my lips when I read the text message I just received from Juin. I am on my way for Skoolooks photoshoot with the others, discussing about Trouble Maker's music video which has been unleashed today.
 
After having quite sleeping hours, pushing away the fact that I was completely sad due to the situation of knowing Doojoon and Juin are together now, I feel much better that I can continue my schedule for today.
 
I take a glance of Doojoon who is talking with Gikwang about his acting in "I'm a Flower, Too". It reminds me of my recording for "Prince Charming & I" tomorrow with Juin. Can I even act as if nothing happened in front of her?
 
This morning our manager and the others were really surprised to see Juin was inside our apartment. They started to tease Doojoon but none of them said a word. I could remember clearly Juin's blushed cheeks though.
 
How long can I stay this calm with the scene of them together?
 
If Juin is happy with Doojoon, what can I do more? King Yoon who has the charm and gentle with Queen Wang who is beautiful and captivating; they are the perfect couple, aren't they?
 
"I'm all good. Thank you, Queen Wang."
 
I hit the send button. I still feel uncomfortable calling her as 'Queen' instead of 'Princess' but I must draw the distance with her if I don't want she and Doojoon to have a problem because of me.
 
When we arrive at the photoshoot location, there is another text message from her. I quickly read it before I must start my photoshoot.
 
"I wonder why I don't believe you. Maybe because I can't see you."
 
This girl really knows how to ease my uneasy feeling, doesn't she? If she really wants to see me so she will believe that I'm alright, then she will get it.
 
After all, I don't want her to worry about me.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
I look at my own reflection on the mirror, thinking about what happened since yesterday. Everything feels like a dream that I'm Doojoon's girlfriend now. It's my dream to have such a gentle and romantic boyfriend, right?
 
Then why do I feel something strange when I remember that I'm going to have a date with him tonight? I should be happy, not feeling uneasy like this.
 
Seoul Tower. A place where I went with Yoseob before. The place where we made a promise together.
 
Wait. Why am I even thinking about Yoseob?
 
I open my web browser, clicking random links since I want to shove away the random thoughts in my head. I have a free day today so I spend my whole day in my room before I meet with Doojoon after his schedule.
 
Just like what I always do, I open my Twitter account to read my current timeline. I read mentions from my fans before I start to check tweets from people I follow.
 
Yoseob's latest tweet immediately catches my attention since there is a link to a video.
 
"Going all out in a while.. twitvid.com/KV3CD"
 
Curious about what he mean, I open the link to watch the video. Yoseob is riding a small bicycle, taking a ride around while the one who holds his phone is following him. His bright smile and laughter are clear to hear in the video.
 
Somehow I understand why he is called as 'Prince Aegyo'. Who can resist his cuteness like this?
 
It's not the reason why I smile though. I feel glad to know that he's alright. I am kind of worried since his high fever even made him fainted yesterday. Well, who am I to decide he is good enough or not to continue his schedule anyway? Besides, as an actress, I know how it feels to work my best for fans.
 
Ah, there is a new tweet. Yoseob's tweet again. This time there is a picture attached with the tweet.
 
"Duck Seob. I look like a duck quack quack."
 
This time I can't help myself to smile because of his selca. At the same time, a notification of new text message appears on my phone screen.
 
"Duck Seob is all good. Do you believe me now?"
 
Yoseob just sent me a text message. A simple one to tell me that he is really alright. A message to tell me not to worry about him.
 
I feel my heart is flattering just by reading his text message. I turn to look at the picture he just tweeted.
 
Why is he really nice to me?
 
Is it because I am his partner in drama?
 
Juin, you are thinking too much.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
We just finish the photoshoot session when Juin joins us in the location. Dongwoon greets her with excitement, "Queen Wang! What a surprise!"
 
I blink in surprise, not thinking that I will meet her today. Doojoon approaches her and pats her head with a gentle smile, asking her what she has in her hand.
 
"Ah, it's ice cream," she answers and hands to Doojoon the plastic bag. "I thought you would love to have something sweet to eat so I bought it on my way here."
 
"An ice cream in winter?" I blurt out with teasing tone. "Wow, you are really caring, Juin."
 
"If you don't want to eat it, I can eat it," she sticks out her tongue playfully. She lets Doojoon to take the chocolate favor one and then gives the others the remaining ice cream. Puffing her cheeks, she takes a red bean flavor one out from inside the plastic bag, "This one is my favorite..."
 
With a grin, I snatch the ice cream from her. She looks at me with disbelief but I mumble, "I never said I don't want to eat it. After all this one is also my favorite."
 
"Fine," Juin takes another ice cream, the exactly similar ice cream in my hand. "I have another one. No worry, Prince Yang!"
 
I laugh open the wrap, holding the fish-shaped ice cream with my left hand. I hold up my phone with my right hand to snap another selca while I put the ice cream near my lips, acting as if I'm kissing the fish.
 
"I..kissed.."
 
"Yah, what are you doing?" Juin tilts her head, observing what I just did. I lower my hand and start to eat the ice cream when she approaches me with her ice cream. "Don't tell me you just took another selca?"
 
I roll my eyes and keep quiet, enjoying my ice cream. She takes out her phone and checks her Twitter. She looks at me with a cute smile, "You really know how to make your fans jealous with a fish, don't you?"
 
"You two are like little kids," Doojoon cuts in, ruffling Juin's hair, laughing at our little quarrel. "Thank you for coming here, Juin. I thought I've told you that I would pick you up later."
 
"It's alright," she replies calmly, taking another bite of her ice cream. "I don't have anything to do either so I think it will be nice to spend times with BEAST."
 
My heart sinks with Doojoon's question. I can assume that they are going out for a date after this and I'm supposed to stay calm, right? I mean it's common for a couple to go out for a date.
 
"Thank you for the ice cream," I stand up with awkward feeling, faking a smile for them. I walk pass her and decide to join the conversation Dongwoon and Junhyung are having.
 
It hurts to see Juin and Doojoon together.
 
No matter what happened, I need to work as a professional. If she happens to date one of my groupmates, even though I love her, there is nothing I can do. Besides she is also my partner for a drama.
 
I guess it's true; reality is not as good as fairytale.
 
Why did I believe in fairytale in fairytale in the first place anyway?
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Is it cold?" Doojoon cups my face with his gloved hands. "Do you want to go inside now, Juin?"
 
I shake my head and smile, "No. It's alright. I just want to enjoy the scenery for a while."
 
We are at the roof terrace of Seoul Tower. Nothing has changed from the last time I came here with Yoseob unless it's colder now. I even have my hands inside my coat because it's freezing out here.
 
I decided to visit BEAST so I could meet them even just for a while at the photoshoot location. Doojoon told me about the location and I came over to see them.
 
I know that Doojoon hasn't told them about our relationship yet but Doojoon has said that he is going to talk with his groupmates and manager tonight after we return from our date.
 
Even for now, both of us are wearing hats to disguise ourselves so there will be no unnecessary rumor spread out because of our presence together. It's a good thing that there are not too many visitors today.
 
We had dinner together and he even accompanied me to the Teddy Bear Museum. When he asked me if there was a place I wanted to go, I told him that I wanted to visit the roof terrace.
 
My eyes land on the Lovers' Locks. One of them, I don't even remember where I put it, is the one I put with Yoseob. I trail my finger to my neck, touching the key I have as a pendant unconsciously.
 
Come to think of it, it's kind of ridiculous since we only put a lock. A couple usually puts two locks together, tied together.
 
Wait, it's not really weird. I'm not a couple with Yoseob, right?
 
We're just... friends.
 
"Lovers' Locks," Doojoon murmurs and then smiles to me. "Let's put one together, Juin."
 
Without waiting for my answer, he turns around and buys two locks at the shop. He also borrows the pen before walks close to me again.
 
"What should we write here?" he pouts and frowns. "I never wrote one before. What will you write, Juin ah?"
 
"Eh?" I blink; my mind was wandering to the moment when I was with Yoseob that day. I remember the promise we made to come here again to see the last day of snow.
 
Doojoon's smile suddenly vanishes as he clenches his fist, holding tight the locks. He looks at me with sadness, "Juin, who are you thinking right now?"
 
I'm taken aback by his sudden question. I never thought he would ask it to me. Is it really obvious that I was thinking about something else just now?
 
I know it's wrong for me to think about someone else when I'm with my own boyfriend but...
 
But what?
 
"I...," I bite my bottom lip nervously. I don't know what I must say to him. "I'm sorry, Doojoon, I-"
 
"Is it the same person you were thinking when I kissed you?" he blurts out another question. I can sense the hurt in his tone somehow.
 
A tear escapes my eyes for no reason. I don't even know why I cry because of his statement. I quickly wipe away the tear and apologize, "I-I'm sorry, Doojoon. I don't know why... I..."
 
I stop, not knowing what kind of excuse I can give to him. As much as I feel guilty by the feeling to think of another guy when I'm with him, I know Doojoon must be hurting more than me.
 
"Juin," Doojoon my hair gently, "I think you need time to think about your own feeling. I know I'm not the most romantic or sensitive guy, but I can see that your heart is not with me right now."
 
He takes one of the two locks and puts it on my palm. He holds the other one and looks at me, "Until you can decide where your heart goes to, I don't think we can put the Lovers' Locks together. I will keep this for now."
 
Doojoon leans in to kiss my forehead and then pats my head, "Let's go back now. I'll walk you back."
 
He turns around and walks to the door. I stand on my feet in silence. My heart is aching for unknown reason; it hurts so much that I want to cry again.
 
"It's alright," Doojoon walks back to me and takes my hand. He embraces it gently, "Don't cry. I don't want to see you cry, Juin."
 
I have Doojoon yet I still feel something is missing.
 
Why?

__________


Author's Note:

Credit for translation of the tweets goes to @B2STLYTWEETS