Chapter 18: The End

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Thank you for the cooperation!" I bow with a bright smile as my gratitude for all staffs and casts of "Prince Charming & I". Today was the filming for the last episode of the drama and the filming just ended around twenty minutes ago.
 
I have changed my clothes and then join the others. We agree to have a dinner together so we can celebrate the past three months we passed together ever since the preparation till this moment.
 
"BEAST will join us, right?" I hear Boyoung asks Yoseob when I'm talking to the director. "It's been a while since I met all of you altogether!"
 
Yoseob gives her a warm smile, telling her that BEAST will come to join the dinner. They are on their way right now.
 
My heart skips a beat just by the thought to have Doojoon and Yoseob in one place but I know it's impossible to avoid it. BEAST has participated for the soundtrack of the drama and they are invited to celebrate the succesful rating of the drama as well.
 
My eyes finally meet Yoseob's when he has finished talking with Boyoung. His lips form into a smile as he greets me, "Thank you for your guidance, Moon Nari."
 
"Thank you for your sweetness, Lee Yonghyun," I reply him playfully as I step closer to him. "I'm glad we could finish the filming well enough. What do you think about having a career as actor now?"
 
"I think I will consider it," he laughs and tucks his hands inside his pockets. "It's fun. It's interesting actually. Especially because the character is similar with me."
 
"I will be waiting for your next performance as an actor then," I chuckle. "Don't worry, I will always support you as Yoseob the vocalist as well. I'm still your fan."
 
"Well, thank you," he bows slightly, teasing me with a Prince-like gesture. "I know you're a professional. I know I don't need to doubt about it in the first place, right?"
 
I hold my breath and then force a smile, "Let's talk outside while they are clearing the set. They say tonight the moon is beautiful."
 
I walk pass him and he follows me quietly. I pull my jacket close to hide myself from the cold breeze of the first week of February. The night sky is really beautiful that I lock my eyes on the sky, smiling at the view.
 
"It's beautiful," Yoseob murmurs and I take a glance of him. He is gazing at the night sky as well and seconds of silence pass while we admire the starry sky.
 
"Yoseob...," I clear my throat awkwardly. "Thank you... Thank you for trying to understand me. These past two months, I've been the worst, didn't I?"
 
"We talked about this before," Yoseob smiles to assure me that there is nothing I need to worry about. "I need to move on. You told me that and I tried my best..."
 
His smile slowly changes into a sad one as he looks at me, "Are you happy, Juin?"
 
"I have no chance, don't I?" Yoseob asked, holding back his tears for sure since his voice was wavering.
 
I was in his room after the discussion I had with Doojoon and CUBE Entertainment President. He had agreed our relationship and the official announcement would be made as soon as possible to clear all possible misleading rumors.
 
With hesitation but feeling completely clueless, I talked to Doojoon in my cries about Yoseob and he told me to talk with him. I convinced him that I only loved him but I didn't know why Yoseob kept appearing in my mind.
 
I never expected that Yoseob would confess to me. All the time I thought he was only teasing me with his sweet and caring attitude but I was wrong.
 
After talking with Doojoon, I finally figured out what my heart wanted.
 
I always had Doojoon in my heart. I never even once moved my heart to Yoseob. Just like Moon Nari which I portrayed, looked like the syndrome of Cinderella Complex appeared in myself somehow.
 
I was mistaken with the feeling of loving someone and becoming a fangirl, or something like that. Yoseob treated me really good and sweet, almost like the Prince Charming I imagined since I was a little kid...
 
...but it's not love.
 
I wished for someone like him but I didn't love him.
 
"I'm sorry, Yoseob...," I bowed to him with tears rolled down on my cheeks. "I'm so sorry but I... I can't return your feeling..."
 
Silence.
 
"I know...," he murmured with monotone while I didn't even dare to look at him. "If only I told you earlier..."
 
"Yoseob, love is not about who came first," I told him honestly. "Your heart decides, not the time."
 
I bowed once again to him, "I'm sorry, Yoseob..."
 
Yoseob patted my head twice and gave me a forced but assuring smile, "I never regretted that I love you. Not even once, Juin."
 
"If Doojoon makes you cry, tell me," he grinned to me. "I will beat him down if he ever does that to you. Okay?"
 
A tear escaped his eyes even though he tried his best to fake a smile. He quickly looked away and wiped his tear away, "Ah, I'm too happy for my partner and my leader. Don't mind about me, Juin ah."
 
"Yoseob...," the guilty feeling hit me hard again but I was too afraid to reach out my hand to touch him; wouldn't it make him feel hurt even more?
 
"Stop apologizing," he stated without facing me. "I don't want to hear your sorry anymore, Juin. You did nothing wrong. There is nothing you need to apologize for."
 
Tears rolled down again and I knew his heart had broken into pieces because of me. 'Sorry' was not what he needed. Comfort was not something I could give to him.
 
"Promise me you will move on, Yoseob," I clenched my fists, fighting back the feeling of embracing his hand to comfort him.
 
He finally turned around and stared at me. He cleared his throat and stated, "Then promise me you will be happy."
 
After the announcement was made, just like what I thought, some of Doojoon's fans did not agree with our relationship. Some bashed me, sent me harsh words via Twitter. It's not only me who was being hurt by the words because some stated that I was better with Yoseob instead of Doojoon.
 
Doojoon never said that he's alright with the comments but he never complained either. As the time went by, Doojoon kept giving his support to me endlessly.
 
Through our different busy schedules, he cherishes me with his best attempts. I must admit that he is not like Yoseob who can possibly give me little romantic surprises or cute bright smiles or cheerful atmosphere...
 
...but I feel complete when I'm with Doojoon.
 
The feeling of 'something is missing' I felt before is because I always compared Doojoon with Yoseob unconsciously which is totally not a good thing to do.
 
Doojoon is Doojoon and Yoseob is Yoseob.
 
Both of them are irreplaceable.
 
And I'm happy with my choice now.
 
"Yes," I smile to Yoseob and he gives me a sincere smile as the return. "I am happy."
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Lee Yonghyun! Moon Nari! Lee Yonghyun! Moon Nari!" the staffs cheer for me and Juin to drink but both of us refuse in unison since we don't like to drink alcohol.
 
"Doojoon, take the drink for Juin!" one of the staffs demand but Juin quickly takes away the glass with playful glare.
 
"Doojoon is not going to drink anything," Juin puts the glass on the table and turns to Doojoon. "He can't take alcohol so stop teasing him."
 
The staffs laugh and Doojoon ruffles her hair, thanking her for defending him because, well, it's true that Doojoon is the worst when it comes to alcohol. One shot and his face will turn red completely.
 
The dinner goes on with joy but some shed tears of happiness, thanking the wonderful moments we had together for the filming. The casts and staffs are really wonderful that I wish I can work with them again one day.
 
I look at Juin who is smiling at Doojoon as Doojoon is talking about his experiences during our United Cube Concert. I feel someone taps my shoulder and I find Junhyung just takes a seat next to him.
 
"Are you alright?" he asks me with concern, following my eyes' direction to the couple. Junhyung is the first one who noticed my awkward reaction when the announcement of their relationship was announced and I told him the truth.
 
I still couldn't believe that Juin rejected my feeling right away but I guess this is one of my life lessons that I can't have everything I want. Sometimes I must need to differentiate between what I want and what I need, don't I?
 
Juin is a really good friend and I'm glad that she sticks as my friend even after she is in a relationship with Doojoon. It's hard for me for earlier days since I didn't know how to act in front of her and Doojoon when we're together.
 
"Yoseob," Doojoon called me when I just returned from my schedule. It's almost midnight and he was the only one who hasn't slept yet; he was waiting for me in the main room.
 
Two weeks had passed since he was acknowledged as Juin's boyfriend and it was the first time we had our conversations. Only two of us.
 
"Juin told me everything," he said when I had took a seat in front of him reluctantly. "I know how you feel for her."
 
"It changes nothing, Doojoon," I intertwined my fingers together. "I support you with Juin. That's all you need to know."
 
"Yoseob, you are like my own brother," Doojoon continued with worried in his eyes. "If there is anything I can do, I-"
 
"Just make her happy," I cut quickly, putting a smile on my face. "That's all you need to do."
 
It wasn't a lie.
 
As much as I wanted Juin to return my feeling with her love, I knew her heart had chosen and forcing her to choose me was impossible and I didn't want to do it either.
 
I tried to put myself in Juin's shoes and perhaps if there was another girl who appeared when I was in love with Juin, perhaps I would do the exactly same thing with Juin.
 
Giving false hope to me was possibly the last thing she would ever do because she didn't want to hurt me.
 
It's hurt to be rejected by her but I thought it would be worse if she didn't try to be honest with me. I appreciated her honesty and I didn't want to regret my feeling towards her.
 
"I promise, Yoseob," Doojoon answered me calmly. "I will make her happy."
 
"Yes," I answer Junhyung with a grin. "I'm glad that they are together."
 
I learn that perhaps some fairytales aren't meant to end with the same phrase of "...and they lived happily ever after."
 
Not every story ends like what you want but, well, every story has its own best ending.
 
I didn't let her go because I gave up on her. I just didn't want to force her into a fake happiness.
 
When the Princess has found her own way to her real Prince, the other Prince just needs to find his one and only Princess.
 
Maybe my happy ending fairytale is waiting for me.
 
Somewhere.
 
Somehow.
 
"The End..."
a few seconds ago from TweetCaster for Android