Chapter 14: Lies

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I walk pass Doojoon who is watching the televesion in the main room, heading straight to my bedroom. Since I guess he knows that I'm really tired after my schedule, he doesn't say a word to me.
 
Not even bothering to take a shower, I lay myself down on my bed with closed eyes, trying to fight back my aching head. This headache is seriously torturing me.
 
I put my palm on my forehead and it burns; I have a high fever. No wonder; I have been overworking myself lately. I really need to have a good rest now.
 
I let out a heavy sigh and let my mind to wonder about Juin. What is she thinking now? Doojoon, perhaps. Does she notice that I left her without a word? Maybe no.
 
I can't fall sick now. My groupmates will be really worried about me. Not to mention that I still have photoshoot to do tomorrow and then I must be ready to attend United Cube Concert in London this week.
 
Aigoo... I can't believe that I have so many things to do yet I don't want to complaint about it since I'm enjoying the moments. I still have to shoot for other scenes for "Prince Charming & I" before United Cube Concert which means I'm going to meet Juin again sooner or later.
 
It's not that I don't want to see her. I just don't know what kind of expression I can give to her now that I know she is Doojoon's girlfriend. I can't give her another special hint anymore since she is belonged to someone else now.
 
The fact that I can't confess to her makes me down already. Thinking about the possibility of me meeting her frequently makes me feel more awkward since I can't promise myself not to feel uneasy around her and Doojoon.
 
The knocks on the door makes my senses return to reality. I sit up, rubbing my temple, hoping that my headache will disappear somehow.
 
"Yoseob?" the very familiar voice echoes as the door swings open. "Are you sleeping?"
 
What is Juin doing here?
 
She closes the door and I look up to see her. I take a deep breath and force myself to stand up so I can talk to her. I think I'm going to need her help to tell Doojoon that I'm not in my best condition.
 
"I-I'm sorry if I disturb you," she mumbles while I approach her, not even focusing about what she is saying. "I just want to-"
 
All of a sudden, my head aches really bad that I feel like I'm going to faint. Unconsciously I try to find something to hold on so I'm not going to fall on my knees. I grip Juin's shoulders firmly and put my forehead against hers.
 
Then everything turns blurry for a moment before I lose my consciousness.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
Before I can even say a word to ask Yoseob anything, he suddenly falls aside and I quickly catch him with all my power, "Y-Yoseob?!"
 
I sit down on the floor while he is unconscious in my hug. I check his temperature and notice that he has a really high fever. His face is pale and his breath is unsteady.
 
"Yoseob!" I tighten my grip on his shoulder, feeling really panic all of a sudden. "Yah! Yoseob ah!"
 
"Juin?" Doojoon enters the room after he heard my voice. His eyes widen in surprise at unconscious Yoseob and he rushes to my side. "What happened?"
 
"I-I don't know," I bite my bottom lip nervously. "He has a really high fever. I-I..."
 
"It's alright," Doojoon tries to calm me down. He helps to put Yoseob on his bed carefully. "I'm sure he's just too tired after his hectic schedule. He will be alright, Juin. Don't worry."
 
After Yoseob is laid down on the bed, I stare at his face, feeling guilty because I didn't notice how tired he is from the beginning. He looks really uncomfortable in his sleep and it makes me feel more worried.
 
I ask Doojoon's help to get me a cloth, a basin, and warm water. I drench the cloth with the water and then put it on Yoseob's forehead, hoping that it will make him feel better when he wake up.
 
"Juin," Doojoon my hair gently while I'm sitting on the side of the bed, not moving my eyes from the sleeping Yoseob. "It's really late now. I'll walk you back, okay?"
 
"Can I stay here tonight?" the question just comes out from my mouth. I look at Doojoon with pleading eyes. I just want to accompany Yoseob until he opens his eyes and I'm sure that he is alright.
 
I know it's inappropriate and Doojoon probably will scold me since I'm a girl and it's totally unacceptable for me to stay in their apartment.
 
"Don't you have any schedule tomorrow?" he sits next to me and caresses my cheek. "I'm sure Yoseob doesn't want you to fall sick because you're worried about him, Juin."
 
"Ne...," I drop my gaze, feeling really disappointed somehow. Of course Doojoon will never allow me to stay her for a night.
 
"Fine," Doojoon suddenly states and cups my face with both of his hands so our eyes meet. "If you want to sleep, you can sleep in my room. Okay?"
 
I can't help myself to smile when I hear his answer. I immediately hugs him tight, "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"
 
"You're very welcome, my Queen," he kisses my forehead and then brushes the tip of his nose with mine. "I'll talk with my manager so he can drive you back to your apartment tomorrow morning. I think you better contact your manager too."
 
"I will," I nod and smile to him, "Thank you, Doojoon."
 
"No 'Oppa' or 'Yeobo'?" he teases me, raising his eyebrow. "I will be more than happy if you call me with something more... special?"
 
"Eh?" I blush because of his blunt request. He clears his throat nervously and looks away from me. I can see his blushing cheeks clearly.
 
"I will check if there is something we can give to Yoseob when he wake up," Doojoon stands up and rubs the back of his neck. "I will be back."
 
After he leaves the room, I stand up and drag a chair next to the bed and sit on it. I rest my head as I fold my arms, resting myself on the bed with my eyes lock on Yoseob.
 
Something is really wrong about me. Why do I even insist to stay just to take care of Yoseob? Sure, he is my partner for a drama. Sure, he is a good friend of mine.
 
That's all... right?
 
I love Doojoon and he loves me too. I've been dreaming about him returning my feeling and now he treats me really sweet. What do I expect more?
 
"Doojoon...," I close my eyes, trying to convince myself. "Only Doojoon..."
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I open my eyes reluctantly, feeling that my headache is still disturbing me. I can feel that there is something on my forehead so I take away the wet cloth.
 
Wait, why was there a wet cloth on my forehead anyway?
 
Ah, right, I fainted. I fainted when Juin was...
 
Juin?
 
I blink quickly and notice that there is someone who is sleeping with her head on her arms. She must has fallen asleep when she is waiting for me to wake up.
 
Why is she still here?
 
"Ah, you're awake," Doojoon steps in my bedroom, making my heart to skip a beat because of his sudden presence. He hands over a glass of water and the medicine to me, "Drink this medicine."
 
I force myself to sit up and then drink the medicine obediently. I put the glass on the table and murmur, "Thank you..."
 
I stare at Juin again as she is deep in her sleep. I want to her hair, to make her feel more comfortable. I want to tell her that I'm alright and she doesn't need to worry about me yet I can't because Doojoon is here.
 
"She is really worried about you that she insisted to stay here tonight," Doojoon suddenly speaks out. "You must be really special for her."
 
"Y-Yah!" I laugh awkwardly. "I am her partner for our drama, remember? Of course she worries about me."
 
For my surprise, Doojoon doesn't laugh along with me. Instead he gives me a serious expression, crossing his arms together. He sighs and asks me, "Yoseob, do you like Juin?"
 
I swear if it's possible, my heart must have been stopped beating for a second when Doojoon asks me the surprising question. I don't even dare to look at his eyes when I reply him, "What are you asking, Doojoon? She is your girlfriend."
 
"You didn't answer my question, Yoseob," Doojoon states calmly. "I never asked you before but I really hope you will tell me your answer honestly."
 
As much as I want to tell him the truth, I can't do it. If the case is Doojoon likes her and Juin doesn't return his feeling, I will tell Doojoon for sure about my feeling towards her. The thing is both of them love each other and I can't be the one who gets in the middle of them.
 
No matter how I put this, if I dare to tell one of them about my feeling, I am going to ruin their new relationship... and I don't want that to happen.
 
"She is my senior in acting. Of course I like her, Doojoon," I lie to him smoothly. "Do I need to call her my sister-in-law now?"
 
Doojoon doesn't look really convinced by my lie but he kneels down and then puts his arm around Juin's shoulder. He slowly wakes her up, "Juin? Juin... Wake up."
 
"Mmm...," Juin rubs her eyes and then looks around with confusion. She stops her eyes on me and then a sweet smile forms on her lips, "Yoseob! You're awake!"
 
I force myself to smile and reply her, "I'm all good now. Thank you for taking care of me, Queen Wang."
 
It feels weird to call her 'Queen Wang' because I'm the only member who never called her by that nickname. I usually called her as 'Princess', not 'Queen'... but I don't want Doojoon to doubt me.
 
"How about letting him alone to rest again?" Doojoon gives an idea as Juin looks at him. "You need to sleep too, Juin."
 
I immediately look away when Doojoon plants a kiss on her forehead. I guess I must admit that it hurts when I see they look good together even though I should be happy for them.
 
"Get well soon, Yoseob," Juin says to me with a smile. "I'll see you in the morning."
 
"Sure," I say and she leaves my bedroom with Doojoon. They are holding hands and I feel another imaginary stab on my chest by the sweet gesture of them as a couple.
 
I cover my mouth with my hand, "I guess our fairytale is not going to become reality..."
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Are you sure I can sleep here?" I pout my lips, feeling guilty to know that Doojoon is going to sleep in the main room because he gives his bed for me. "It's alright if I sleep outside."
 
"Yah, what kind of boyfriend will let his girlfriend to sleep outside while he sleep on a bed?" Doojoon ruffles my hair playfully with a grin, causing me to blush.
 
He leans in to kiss my forehead. This time his kiss feels different somehow; as if he is afraid that I will go somewhere far from him. He breaks the kiss and smiles, "Juin?"
 
"Ne?" I tilt my head, waiting for his continuation. I don't know why but he looks a little bit different than his usual self.
 
There are seconds of silence before he asks, "What do you think about a date tomorrow night?"
 
"Eh?" I blink, afraid that I mistaken what I just heard. Did he just ask me for a date?
 
"After my photoshoot, let's go somewhere together," he clears his throat nervously. "Even an hour is enough. Let's have our first date, Juin."
 
The strange feeling appears again. Why can't I just agree with him immediately? Why do I even think about what kind of answer I shall give to him?
 
What is wrong with me?
 
"Let's go to Seoul Tower," he my hair with his fingers. "Let's have a dinner there and then visits the Teddy Bear Museum. What do you think?"
 
Seoul Tower?
 
"Or is it not a good idea?" he asks me with concern. "You can pick the place if you don't want to. It's just an idea."
 
"No. No. It's good," I quickly tell him. I don't want him to have his own assumption. "I will be happy to go with you..."
 
"Really?" Doojoon pinches my cheeks. "It's alright if you don't want to. If you have another thought in mind..."
 
I shake my head slowly and force a weak smile. He pulls me into a hug and kisses my hair, "Glad to hear it. I can't wait till tomorrow night."
 
"Me too...," I murmur to him, returning his embrace reluctantly.
 
Why do I feel like I just told him a lie?