Chapter 11: Surprise

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Singapore! MAMA 2011 tonight!"
 
I smile when I read Juin's last tweet around an hour ago. I guess she has arrived from Seoul with the flight.
 
With the whole time difference between Seoul and New York, not to mention her schedule for CF and my activity with BEAST, we didn't contact each other at all.
 
"Prince Charming is waiting for the Princess!"
 
That's a tweet I typed this morning the moment I arrived at Singapore. My fans replied with various mentions that made me to chuckle with amusement. I'm so happy to know that my fans love me this much.
 
I guess no one knows about the fact that 'Princess' I mentioned in my tweet is Juin. Not even herself if I may assume.
 
We will attend the rehearsal of MNet Asian Music Awards 2011 soon and then the show will begin with two hours red carpet to welcome the artists who attend the show.
 
Juin is invited as the MC for the show along with numerous actors and actresses who will help the show by hosting the four hours award show.
 
"I still want to sleep," I groan and roll on the bed playfully. "Tonight will be a fantastic night, right, Hyunseung?"
 
"Yah," he throws a pillow to me but I catch it right on time. "I'm nervous already. I don't need you to make me more nervous, okay?"
 
I grin mischievously by the thought of teasing him further. Tonight he will have his first performance with HyunA as CUBE's project group 'Trouble Maker'. They will showcase provactive dancing and lip to cheek kiss on stage.
 
Gikwang, who just joined us this morning in Singapore, starts to tease Hyunseung as well. Junhyung uses the chance to pull a joke on him along with Dongwoon.
 
I glance at Doojoon secretly. He is busy with his phone and I can see he smiles when he read something on his phone screen. Our eyes meet when he puts down his phone, staring at me for seconds before I look away from him.
 
Why do I have a feeling that his smile has something to do with Juin?
 
After five minutes teasing Hyunseung for his future performance, the sudden knocks on the door grab our attention.
 
"Did anyone call for room service?" Dongwoon asks, tilting his head. He stands up with confused look, "Is it our manager?"
 
He opens the door and my eyes widen in surprise to see Juin is standing at the door with our album, "Fiction and Fact" in her hand.
 
"Can I have your autograph?" she gives us a teasing smile.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Has Queen Wang arrived?"
 
That is the Direct Message Doojoon sent to me around thirty minutes ago after I tweeted about my arrival in Singapore. Actually I have arrived around two hours ago but I want to give BEAST a little surprise.
 
BEAST has been good friends for me in this entertainment world. I'm not going to put Doojoon or Yoseob as the reason for me to love BEAST as one of my favorite idol groups.
 
Sure, I do listen to a lot of idol groups but I do like BEAST personally as a fan girl. Putting aside my personal feeling towards Doojoon, I must admit that Yoseob is indeed my favorite member among the others.
 
Why?
 
Because he always captivates me with his performance on stage. I don't know about his other fans but I am indeed amazed by his habit of flipping microphone whenever he is on live stage.
 
I can say that he is the only idol who I pay attention for during performance other than Junsu since Junsu is my best friend. I guess Yoseob just has his own charm compared to the others.
 
Then again I do admire BEAST as a group and I managed to buy their first album, "Fiction and Fact", which is released last May. It's really late but, well, late is better than never, isn't it?
 
I asked my manager to help me find out where BEAST is staying at Singapore. With the help from BEAST's manager, I managed to meet them in their own room.
 
"What is King Yoon doing with BEAST right now?"
 
I reply his Direct Message while I'm on my way to their hotel. I can't help myself to smile just by the thought of what his reaction is.
 
Before they went to New York, Yoseob met me at midnight for no specific reason. What made me more surprised is he suddenly kissed my forehead, telling me that it's not in the script of our drama.
 
My heart was going to explode if we stayed any longer. I saw his expression was not really good so I insisted him to return since I didn't want anything bad happen to him.
 
I have a feeling that he wanted to say something to me yet I don't know what it is. One thing that I'm sure enough is he knows for sure how to make a heart of a girl flatters; when he held my hand, saying that it made him feel warmer, I was speechless because of him.
 
Every little thing Yoseob does somehow makes me think that he really treats me as his Princess.
 
"King Yoon? King is waiting for Queen. Isn't it obvious?"
 
Doojoon's reply just now makes me to blush really hard. I didn't expect him to reply my message this straight forward.
 
I step out from the taxi after paying the driver, heading to the room where Gikwang and Yoseob stay. I take out the album and then knock the door three times.
 
Dongwoon is the one who opens the door for me. His jaw drops open and I smile shyly, "Can I have your autograph?"
 
"Queen Wang!" Gikwang exclaims with obvious surprised tone. He stands up from his seat with Hyunseung and approach me, "How did you know it's our room? Wow! Queen Wang is the best!"
 
I chuckle and Dongwoon opens the door wider for me, giving me a sign to step inside. I flash a smile to Doojoon and Yoseob before smiling to Dongwoon who just closes the door, "Surprise, surprise."
 
"Is that our album?" Yoseob asks as I step closer to him. "You bought it? Just to ask our autographs?"
 
"A fan is a fan," I grin, taking a seat on the bed, right next to Junhyung. "I know it's a little bit too late but can a beauty has an autographed album?"
 
"You could ask us to give you one, you know," Doojoon ruffles my hair. "On top of all, you should have informed me that you want to come, Juin."
 
"That's why I said it's a surprise," I stick out my tongue and Doojoon gives me his usual charming smile.
 
The smile that makes my heart to beat faster as always.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Now this is special for Queen Wang!" Dongwoon gives the autographed album to Juin after each of us signed the album. "Thank you for coming!"
 
"I should be the one who thanked all of you," Juin puts the album near her lips. "I will be waiting for your performance tonight then."
 
She looks really cute when she does it. If only she knows how happy I am to see her with us this early. Is it possible that she comes for me?
 
"Juin, you should listen to Huh Gak and A Pink as well!" Hyunseung promotes the other artists under CUBE Entertainment to her. "They are awesome!"
 
"And Trouble Maker will perform something special tonight," I tease Hyunseung again and he gives me deadly glare. I laugh because of him and Juin chuckles at his reaction.
 
"But he is right," Doojoon mutters. "You should try to listen to them, Juin. I think you will like them."
 
"A Pink...," Juin pouts her lips. "Isn't one of the members starred in your "Beautiful" music video?"
 
"You did research on us?" Gikwang raises his eyebrow proudly. "Naeun starred in our "Soom", "Beautiful", and "I Like You The Best" music videos."
 
"Gikwang also starred in their first music video," Dongwoon adds in with a big grin. "Their debut performance is cute, you know."
 
While they are discussing about A Pink, my mind is wandering to A Pink's debut song. Come to think of it, the lyrics of the song is quite connected to what I feel now.
 
"I think I have their song," Junhyung murmurs, checking his files in his Mac. He finds the video and hands his notebook to Juin, "Here you go."
 
"I know the song, I know the song," I chirps in cheerfully when Juin clicks the play button. She looks at me, tilting her head. "It's a cute song!"
 
"Then sing along," she answers me with a sweet smile. "I will imagine BEAST is singing this song for me."
 
My heart skips another beat just because of her simple answer. I don't even care to look at Doojoon's reaction now since the song has started.
 
"Ireoji mayo
Baby geudaeneun mollayo
Nae mameul ajikto geudaeneun mollayo
Meomchuji mayo
Ijen shigani eopseoyo
Jakkuman keojineun nae maeumeul geudaen moreujyo"
 
Don't do this
Baby you don't know
You don't know my heart
Don't stop
We don't have time
You don't know my heart grows
 
I sing along the song, looking at Juin's expression while watching the music video. Yes, she indeed doesn't know my heart.
 
"Haruedo subaek beon
Ni saenggakhae moreul kkeol
Eojjeom ireohkedo nae mam moreuni
Haneun su eoptji mwo
Naega gobaekhae"
 
Hundred times a day
I think about you but you don't know
How can you not know my heart
What you have to do
I'll confess
 
Do I really need to confess to her if I want her to know that I love her?
 
How long can I stay like this until she realize my feeling towards her?
 
"Hanpal dagagamyeon dubal meoreojijiman
Jogeum deo gakkai yeope
Kkok buteo seoseo an nwa jullae
Oneureun nae mam modu boyeojullae"
 
If I step closer, you'll step back
I want you closer, close to me
So I can't let go
I want to show you my everything
 
Gikwang and Dongwoon claps their hands, following the rhythm of the song while I sing the refrain part with a smile because Juin gives me a satisfied smile.
 
Once in a while she glances at me and then returns her gaze to the screen of Junhyung's mac. She moves her head, enjoying the music.
 
"Eojjeom geurido babo gateunji
Subaek beoneul nunchil jwodo
Nae mameul molla neon
Nan hangsang ireonde eojjeom geuri mollayo"
 
How come you're so Cuckoo
Many times I've given you hints
You still don't know my heart
I'm always saying this but how can you not know?
 
On this part, I can't help myself to smile wider because this part really describes my feeling to her.
 
I wonder how can she not realize my feeling towards her after all clear and obvious hints I gave to her. Has her love for Doojoon blinded her from my love hints?
 
Maybe I really need to confess to her. Maybe tonight.
 
I know she will be really confused but I don't want to regret something just because I don't do it while I can.
 
That's it.
 
If we win an award tonight, I will confess to her.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"You're right," I hand over the Mac back to Junhyung. "They're really good. I hope I can meet them tonight."
 
"You will," Gikwang replies calmly. "We will introduce you to them, Huh Gak, and Hyuna! Ah, I can't wait for tonight."
 
"Ah!" I clasp my hands and then opens my bag quickly. I take out a small box of chocolate from inside and show it to them, "I bought this from Seoul. Just a small gift though."
 
"Thank you, Queen Wang!" Hyunseung and Dongwoon state in unison. Hyunseung opens the box and takes the chocolate swiftly.
 
One by one of them takes the chocolate and puts them inside of their mouths. Doojoon takes one and gives it to me, "You must eat one too, Juin."
 
When I'm going to answer Doojoon, Junhyung frowns with serious expression after he took a bite of the chocolate, "Rum?"
 
"Eh?" Hyunseung checks his chocolate. "No, it's an almond flavor."
 
"There are different flavors in one box," I explain to them. "Perhaps Junhyung took the one with rum."
 
Suddenly all of them turn their heads to Yoseob who just takes the rum ball.
 
"Hmm?" Yoseob reacts as he eats the chocolate without any hesitation. "What-"
 
He stops all of a sudden and covers his mouth with his free hand. He clears his throat and looks away from us.
 
"Y-Yah," Junhyung takes the rum ball from Yoseob, "did you take the one with rum?"
 
Yoseob doesn't answer him. He just clears his throat numerous times and stands up from his seat to grab his drink.
 
"W-What is it?" I turn to Doojoon with confused look. "Can't he take rum?"
 
"It's not the case actually," Doojoon rubs the back of his neck. "All of us don't really like alcohol. As for Yoseob, his throat is not in really good condition because of the weather and alcohol will make his throat worse at this state."
 
"EH?!" I gasp without hiding my surprise. I stand up and approach Yoseob quickly. "I-I'm sorry, Yoseob. I-I don't kno-"
 
"It's alright," Yoseob answers me calmly, giving me an assuring smile. "A little bit of rum won't hurt me that bad."
 
I bite my bottom lip, feeling really guilty. I was the one who told him to take care of himself and I almost made his voice in danger.
 
"Yah," Yoseob ruffles my hair playfully, "don't give me that kind of look. It's not like I lost my voice."
 
"He is right," Doojoon pats my head gently as Yoseob takes his drink again. "We're thankful for your surprise, Juin. Thank you for coming for us."
 
His smile makes me feel better. It reminds me that I have to talk with Doojoon tonight.
 
Yes, it's not the only surprise I will do today. I will also give my answer to Doojoon after the award.