Chapter 5: My Princess

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Are you feeling nervous?" Doojoon asks me with a big grin. "FC Men versus Miracle FC today. Let's make some scores!"
 
We are on the van to the soccer match where I will substitute Gikwang for a day. He has another schedule to attend so I take his place instead. Wearing my blue Adidas athletic jacket, I've been preparing myself for today.
 
I only return his grin and take out my phone to take a selca. I give a surprised expression, looking at the camera and snap a picture. I attached the picture along with a simple tweet.
 
"Today I am a Chedae Homme too."
 
Ah, Chedae Homme is an informal term used to describe a person going to an athletic university. Chedae is the abbreviation of the first two letters of athletic university. I hope all my fans can understand my tweet.
 
The van stops once we arrive at our destination. I step down and see the crowd of various fans who want to give support to their idols has gathered near the field.
 
I bow slightly to them and follow Doojoon to meet Junsu and the rest of the team. We're going to warm up and discuss about the strategy for today.
 
As usual my heart feels another tug when I see Juin. She is standing next to Junsu, having her long hair tied in a ponytail. Juin turns around to greet me and Doojoon with a smile, "Ah, you two are already here."
 
"Thank you for waiting," Doojoon pats her head and her cheeks immediately turn into shades pink. He walks to Junsu and takes off his jacket.
 
When Juin realizes that I'm looking at her, she fakes a cough and continues to pay attention at Junsu again. I let out a heavy sigh and join Doojoon to discuss about today's match.
 
I still don't understand why Doojoon treats her so sweet when he doesn't love her. Even after what I said to her two days ago, looks like she still doesn't have a hint about my feeling towards her.
 
For two years, I hold the feeling inside of me, hoping that she will remember our first meeting one day. I know I should have trying to find her earlier after my debut but deep in my heart, I want her to remember without me telling her.
 
I guess it's just an empty hope now since she falls hard for Doojoon's charm.
 
This Prince of Aegyo is nothing compared to King of Charm, right? No wonder Doojoon always wins the polling for idol boyfriend between fans.
 
Looks like I'm nothing more than a good friend for her; someone who needs to be guided as her partner in the drama.
 
"Yoseob," Juin approaches me when the match almost starts. She taps my shoulder twice, "Good luck."
 
I guess I must live on with her friendly smile for now.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
The opening match for '2011 K-League Championship' Playoff has ended. Unfortunately the game ended in a victory of Miracle FC but I think they have given their best.
 
After having the evaluation for the whole team, we gather together and encourage each other, thanking everyone for the hard work today. I give each of the player a bottle of water to ease their exhaustion.
 
"Thank you," Doojoon takes the bottle from me with his usual charming smile. "I'm sure you're not satisfied with today's play, are you?"
 
"You played really good," I mutter, fighting back the fact that my heart beats really fast just by looking at his eyes. "I'm sure we can do better next time."
 
"Can I have one too?" Yoseob suddenly interrupts, raising his hand to ask the water from me. He gives me an innocent look which makes me remember about his words to me two days ago.
 
"Because you make my world has everything."
 
What does he mean?
 
I ignore the uneasy feeling, trying to act as nothing happened between us. I hold my urge to ask what he meant because I have a feeling that something awkward will happen if I ask him.
 
"Here," I hand the bottle to him after Doojoon excuses himself to talk with Junsu. "Good play, Prince Charming."
 
"Thank you," he grins and opens the bottle. "I think I really need to practice harder, don't I?"
 
"In some points, yes, you do," I answer him honestly. "Don't worry. I don't think Lee Yonghyun will perform his soccer skill in the drama."
 
"And I don't think Moon Nari will ask her Prince Charming to play soccer," he teases me back, giving me a playful smirk. "Care to have another drama practice with me? We're going to film the first episode next week, right?"
 
Yoseob is right. The filming for the drama will start next week. I think it's a good idea to have another drama practice together.
 
Besides... I don't want to have an awkward relationship with my major partner in drama, do I?
 
"Good idea," I nod. "But I need to return to my apartment to grab my script first. Is it alright?"
 
"Sure. I don't have any schedule for today," Yoseob answers with a smile. "Want to have lunch together before that?"
 
"Ah," I clasp my hands together. "I'll ask Junsu and Doojoon then. There is a good restaurant nearby! Wait a minute!"
 
I rush to Junsu and Doojoon, telling them that I want to have lunch together. Junsu declines my offer because he has a photoshoot with JYY after this. Doojoon accepts the invitation, making my heart to flatter because I can have lunch with him.
 
If only he knows about my heart, will he return my feeling back?
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I gathered all my courage to ask Juin for a lunch and now I have a lunch with her... and Doojoon. Can't she understand that I want to have lunch alone with her?
 
Juin sits between me and Doojoon while we have the lunch at a restaurant. We talk about the upcoming drama, discussing about the story line and the casts.
 
"Ah, you two make me regret that I can't take the role," Doojoon laughs and eats his food. "I must watch the first episode with others!"
 
"You should take my offer next time," Juin chuckles, looking at Doojoon with a bright smile. "I hope BEAST will deliver a sweet song for the soundtrack then."
 
I only respond with a sheepish smile. I try to divert my attention from jealousy of Juin's loving eyes on Doojoon to my Twitter.
 
"I went a bit overboard in trying to look good in playing soccer in front of my girlfriends. Thanks for coming today, my girlfriends♥"
 
I hit the tweet button. I am feeling grateful for my fans who came to watch the match today even though we didn't win. Not to mention Juin gave compliment to Doojoon but she said that I still lack somehow.
 
Talking about heart. Love indeed affects your judgement, doesn't it?
 
"I'm going to have a practice with Yoseob. Do you want to see it?" Juin asks Doojoon after we pay for the bill.
 
Please say you can't, I hope in my mind. Don't tell me three of us will stick together for the whole day.
 
"I need to go to CUBE Entertainment building now," Doojoon answers with an apologetic smile. "I'm sorry, Juin. Maybe next time."
 
"Ah," Juin nods slightly. "Sure. Next time."
 
It's obvious for me to see her disappointment because Doojoon can't stay longer with her. I feel a little bit unfair.
 
I divert my gaze back to my Twitter and read a fan replied my previous tweet with a question.
 
"u have girlfriend??"
 
Ah, she must be wondering who I meant in my last tweet. There are others who asked the same question.
 
Feeling a little bit awkward since Juin and Doojoon are talking about the next practice for FC Men, I reply the fan with English.
 
"Yes i have. her name is beauty"
 
I'm glad I have Twitter as my runaway choice.
 
After all, at least I will be alone with Juin after this.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"My Prince Charming...," I look at Yoseob with dazzled eyes. I am trying to get into my character, Moon Nari.
 
It's the scene where Lee Yonghyun just saved her from a car. It's their second meeting and Nari believes that Yonghyun is destined to be her Prince Charming because he is really perfect in her sight.
 
Yoseob suddenly covers his mouth with one of his hand, looking away for me. This is not in the scenarios; he should be widen his eyes with disbelief look.
 
"Yoseob?" I cross my arms together, raising my eyebrow. "Did you forget your line again?"
 
"Not really...," he murmurs and takes his script again. "I'm sorry. Can we repeat the scene again?"
 
I tilt my head, studying his face secretly. His face is burning red for a reason that I don't know. Why do I find that he is really cute when he is blushing?
 
What? What did I just say in my mind?
 
No, Juin, no. You love Doojoon. Doojoon. Doojoon.
 
After around twenty minutes, we manage to finish the scenes of us together. Yoseob has developed himself better and I'm glad his confidence increases as well.
 
"I'll get drink for you," I stand up for my seat, heading to the kitchen to make two glasses of orange syrup. It's a good thing that I always take care of my apartment so it's not a prooblem if people come over here.
 
"Here," I put the glass in front of him. While he thanks me, I check my Twitter with my phone, reading tweet by tweet.
 
My eyes stop on Yoseob's tweet.
 
"I went a bit overboard in trying to look good in playing soccer in front of my girlfriends. Thanks for coming today, my girlfriends♥"
 
Girlfriends?
 
He surely knows how to tease his fans, doesn't he?
 
I click his username so I can view his Twitter profile. I scroll to read his tweet and he happened to mention one of his fans, answering her question about who his girlfriend is.
 
"Yes i have. her name is beauty"
 
I can't help myself to smile when I read his answer to his fans. I'm sure his fans are really happy with his answer.
 
"Why are you smiling?" Yoseob asks me, putting down the glass back on the table. "Is there something funny?"
 
"You're cute," I chuckle and show him my phone screen. "You have many girlfriends, eh?"
 
"Cute, hmm?" he murmurs vividly and looks at me with pouted lips. "Are you one of our fans then?"
 
"Eh?" I look up from my phone to him. "BEAST's fans? Sure, I am. I love all your songs!"
 
"Then you are a beauty...," Yoseob doesn't take his eyes off of me, "...right?"
 
For seconds I frown and try to progress his words in my mind. The sudden realization crosses my mind: is he teasing me?
 
He just tweeted that beauty, BEAST's fan, is his girlfriend. By admiting that I am a BEAST's fan means I'm a beauty.
 
Wait, what am I talking about here?!
 
"L-Let's continue to the other scene," I try to change the subject. "I'll act as your partner so you can try another scene."
 
"You really don't remember," Yoseob sighs heavily.
 
I stare at him, waiting for him to continue but he doesn't. He takes his script, "I think I'm going to return now."
 
He stands up from his seat and turns to look at me. He bends down and reaches out his hand to move my long hair behind my hair, whispering next to my ear.
 
"Thank you for today, my Princess."