Chapter 16: What I Want

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"I wish I know. I'm sorry."
 
I take a glance at Juin who is busy reading her own script. Her last tweet around one hour ago makes me worried somehow but she doesn't look not well though.
 
We are going to start the recording for half of the second episode today. We will continue for the third episode tomorrow before I go to London for United Cube Concert on the day after tomorrow.
 
The first episode of "Prince Charming & I" will be on air next week. After I watched the edited one, I feel both encouraged yet unsatisfied with my acting. The director pointed out some tips and tricks for me to  be better. I hope I can improve so the audiences will enjoy my performance in drama as well.
 
Today I will be filming the scene where Lee Yonghyun and Moon Nari have their very first fight because Nari thinks he is cheating with Kim Seungyun when they are together in Yonghyun's apartment. Not only that, to add extra chaos, Yonghyun's best friend who has a crush on Seungyun also appears.
 
"Ten minutes," the director announces and some casts start to check their make ups, getting ready for their positions.
 
Juin closes her script and hands it over to her manager. She looks at her own reflection on the mirror, fixing her hair with her fingers before finally turn around and face me.
 
"Yoseob," she smiles to me and steps closer to me. She reaches out her hand for a handshake. "Let's work well again together for today."
 
"What's with this formality all of a sudden?" I laugh, hoping that she is only joking around but she doesn't lower her hand. I stop my laughter and stare at her seriously, "What's wrong, Juin?"
 
"Nothing...," she finally pulls back her hand, heaving a sigh. "My mood is just not really good today. Maybe I'm just trying to get into Nari's angry mode."
 
My intuition is telling me a different idea.
 
Yesterday after the photoshoot session, both Juin and Doojoon left together. The other members discuss about the possibility of them dating. I stayed silence, not wanting to feel more awkward than I should have been.
 
When he returned, Hyunseung and Junhyung questioned him about where he went with Juin. He gave us a really honest answer, teling us that he asked Juin to go to Seoul Tower.
 
My heart skipped a beat when Doojoon mentioned about the Seoul Tower. That's the place where I went for a first date, if I can count it as a date, with Juin around a week ago.
 
I was really sure that Doojoon was staring at me while the others tried to figure out the relationship he had with Juin but he didn't tell us anything. He told us that he would tell us for sure if he had a happy news.
 
Does it mean that they're not officially dating yet?
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Thank you for today," I bow to the staffs, thanking them for their hard work today. We finish the filming in time and I'm ready to leave for my next schedule to meet Junsu for weekly training of FC Men.
 
"Juin."
 
I turn around and see Yoseob is standing in front of me. He has changed his clothes, tucking his hands in his jacket pockets.
 
"Can we talk?" he asks me with hesitation. "I don't know what happened but you can always talk to me. I will listen to you even though it's about Doojoon, you know. He is like my own older brother so..."
 
My heart skips a beat when he mentions Doojoon's name. It's not that I don't want to talk with Yoseob but I still haven't unsettled my heart.
 
After walking me back to the apartment, Doojoon bid me goodbye, telling me to have a good rest. Even though he must be hurting inside because of me, he didn't say a word about it.
 
I was thinking for the whole night, trying to figure out why my mind kept remembering about Yoseob when I was with Doojoon. I didn't even close to Yoseob before I met him for the drama but why did he act really nice towards me?
 
"Because you make my world has everything."
 
"Thank you for today, my Princess."
 
"Are you addicted to me then, Juin?"
 
Yoseob's words suddenly echo in my mind. The words I always shrugged away because I knew they were his daily jokes.
 
Perhaps the way he makes me feel special that makes me act like this.
 
That must be it.
 
"I'm busy," I answer him with monotone. If his sweet treatment is the problem, I need to draw a vivid distance with him since I'm in a relationship with Doojoon now. "I need to attend FC Men's weekly practice."
 
"Fine. Let's talk after the practice," he retorts me firmly. "I don't have any schedule today. Why don't we go to watch the practice together?"
 
Yoseob can be really persistent if he wants too, doesn't he?
 
I sigh heavily; I know he is not going to give up easily, "What is it that you want to talk about?"
 
"It's you who need to talk with me," he mutters calmly, giving me a questioning look. "Juin, if there is anything I can help, just tell me. I will do my best."
 
Yes, can you please stop coming into my mind whenever you please?
 
Is it possible for me to say that to Yoseob?
 
Of course no.
 
Actually I wonder what his reason behind his nice and sweet gestures to me. When I open my mouth to ask him, both of our managers approach us, telling us to get in our own cars immediately.
 
"Can we visit Doojoon?" I hear Yoseob asks his manager while I excuse myself from them, heading straight to the car with my manager because I'm almost late today.
 
When I arrive at the training field, Junsu is already waiting for me with the other members of the team. I can see Doojoon is stretching with Kim Hyun Joong; he doesn't notice my presence yet.
 
"Ah, Juin," Junsu greets me, handing over a paper to me. "Welcome. Here, can you cross check the schedule of the members for this month."
 
"Sure," I take the paper from him and quickly observe the schedule, realizing that these idols sure have really hectic schedules. Ah, I'm not the one to say that since December is indeed a really busy month for us.
 
Junsu announces to the others that the practice will begin soon. When I turn around to take a seat so I can check the schedule, Doojoon approaches me with his usual charming smile.
 
"How's the drama?" he ruffles my hair with a grin; as if nothing bad happened yesterday. "Drink something, will you? Your dry lips need attention, Juin."
 
"Ah," I quickly purse my lips, feeling embarassed. It is indeed my bad habit to forget drinking water after doing my schedule.
 
"Yoon Doojoon!" Changmin shouts with ball under his feet. "Come on. Assist me! Flirting with Juin is prohibited on field!"
 
I blush immediately because of Changmin's words. Doojoon must have noticed it because he leans closer to me and whispers, "I haven't told anyone. I'm still waiting."
 
He winks to me before runs to the field, starting his practice with the others.
 
There is no way I can't fall in love with such a charming guy, right?
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I arrive at the training field when all the members are in the middle of the training session. I can see Doojoon is running to get the ball while Hyun Joong is protecting the ball from being snatched away by him.
 
My eyes shift to Juin who is watching the play carefully. At least she looks alright even though there is Doojoon.
 
Doesn't it mean there is nothing bad happened between them?
 
I'm pretty much sure that they are in a relationship now but why didn't Doojoon say a thing to us? Is there an unknown reason for him to hide this fact from us?
 
Come to think of it, I don't really know what I should do right now. I am indeed the one who met Juin first, long before Doojoon met her, but she doesn't even remember me.
 
When we met again, it's obvious that Juin had fallen for Doojoon. I don't know when she started to have a crush on him but I know Doojoon did leave a really good impression to her, just like what she did to me.
 
I wonder if I did a mistake by not telling her about my feeling towards her earlier... but will it change anything?
 
Maybe she just would reject me right away, telling me that she didn't look at me as someone more than a friend. Maybe this is actually the best scenario I have if I want to maintain a good friendship with her.
 
However... is this what I want?
 
I really treasure all the moments I had with her, from drama recording, her fangirling mood, and our playful quarrels.
 
Yet I know Juin must feel the same about Doojoon.
 
I step closer to Juin and finally take a seat next to her. She turns to me with wide eyes, "You're here..."
 
"Am I not allowed to come here?" I ask her, trying to act as usual. "My manager said we will wait until Doojoon finish so we can go back together."
 
"Oh," that's all she mutters. She returns her gaze to the play and I know that she is looking at Doojoon. Her eyes are really different when they are locked on Doojoon.
 
This fact somehow makes my heart to ache.
 
"Juin, I-" my words to ask her to talk in private with me are cut off really harsh with Junsu's voice.
 
"Yah! Watch out!"
 
The ball hits my head hard, causing me to yelp in pain. Juin gasps in surprise and quickly asks me with worried tone, "Y-Yoseob? A-Are you alright?"
 
"I-I'm sorry," I hear Doojoon is apologizing. He bends down to check my head. "I should catch that one. I'm sorry, Yoseob."
 
"I'm fine," I assure all of them, rubbing the side of my head. "It's a good thing that the ball hit me and not Juin, you know."
 
Doojoon sighs with relief, knowing that I'm alright if I can still make a joke. I grin to him, teasing him for losing concentration during a game.
 
That's when my manager suddenly runs to our side with his phone in his hand. He doesn't have a smile; actually he looks quite anxious. Is he really worried because of the ball that just hit me?
 
"Twitter...," he whispers to me while the members of FC Men return to the field except Doojoon because he is curious about the reason of my manager to look really uneasy.
 
"What is it?" both Juin and I take out our phones to check the Twitter. There is nothing special in my timeline and there is nothing strange in my Mentions tab as well.
 
Except for a tweet that mentions all of BEAST's members.
 
"@doublev89 @Joker891219 @helloimys @B2stGK @beastdw is it true that @BeeeestDJ is dating @wjuin ?"
 
"What...," I murmur; I don't have a clue why this fan asked this question. I turn to look Juin is scrolling her Twitter timeline quickly and I immediately realize that something must happened.
 
A new mention from my fan.
 
"is that really @wjuin on the photo, @helloimys Oppa?"
 
There is a picture of Doojoon wearing a black hat and a girl with navy blue coat right next to him. Doojoon is opening the door for the girl who is looking down so I can't see her face...
 
...but, like the fans, I can see that it's Juin.