Chapter 7: Lovers' Locks

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
I stare at the scenery from the tower. I can see the buildings clearly from here and the view is just perfect for someone who likes high place like me.
 
Yoseob is looking through the telescope, looking at panoramic view of Seoul. He has a smile on his face as he admires the scenery.
 
I'm glad he enjoys his time here. At least it means I picked the right choice. We can enjoy the best view of Seoul from here and since there are not too many visitors today, we don't need to worry about people will start a rumor about us.
 
When I watched the video where BEAST was at Tokyo Tower, I felt warm because of their laughter. Somehow I envy them because they share joy and sorrow together while I, being an actress, only work mostly alone.
 
Whenever I star a new drama with new male actor, rumors will start but the drama ends, the rumor slowly disappears as well. I get used to this phase that I never complained about it now.
 
My last relationship with a man is not a good relationship to reflect on. He is my partner for a CF around two years ago and after weeks, we started a hidden relationship because he had not received an approval from his agency.
 
Two weeks passed and he received an offer to star a romantic movie with a newcomer actress. I still remember that my heart was broken into pieces when he broke up with me because he wanted to date his partner from the movie.
 
He told me that his agency approved if he dated the girl because she was new and if they became a real couple, the rating for the movie would be great.
 
Fame got into him. I was not really well known that time and I could only blame myself for thinking that fame was a reason to date someone else.
 
Since that moment I tried to work harder. The most difficult challenge for me is I needed to change my image from the cute and shy girl into the brave and cheerful woman.
 
This is showed from my small roles as the girl who falls in love with the main character and only adores him from far into the Princess of a kingdom who tries to break the rules to marry a commoner.
 
Thankfully the breakthrough changed my career. I received the name 'Queen Wang' from my fans because of my maturity and charm in acting. This led me to befriend with Junsu since I starred on a CF with him.
 
However after I watched videos about BEAST, or mostly Yoseob, this morning, I realized that it's not only me who went through hard times for years.
 
I managed to watch a video from a fan that tells BEAST is always mentioned as a recycle group. Even though I'm not an idol, I think it must be really hurt to hear such a harsh comment.
 
"Do you want to have lunch?" Yoseob asks me with a smile. He steps closer to me with his hands in his pockets. "It's my treat."
 
I look at my wristwatch; it's almost 12 PM now. I can't believe that time flies really fast when you enjoy your moment.
 
"Let's go," I accept his offer and walk to the restaurant with him.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
It's my first time to have lunch alone with Juin and I guess I will never regret falling in love with her. She is indeed a really good company to have with.
 
Despite her title as 'Queen Wang' among her fans, she is indeed younger than me when we're not talking about drama. She even looks like a little kid for me right now.
 
During the lunch, she told me about the videos she watched before we met. She said that she watched a fancam where I did magic tricks for my fans, a video where I sang a song for my mother on Immortal Song 2, and my latest performance on K-Pop Festival in New York.
 
"Your bowl hair cut is really cute!" she squeals as if I still have the cut right now. "And your performance during Beautiful is so cute too!"
 
I can't even count how many times she has mentioned the 'cute' word now. It's not that I'm not happy because with her story; I know she watched videos of me a lot this morning. I just hope she will praise me for being handsome or something other than cute.
 
"I also watched your performance on Asia Song Festival," she continues after she has finished her lunch. "Shock is really addicting for me!"
 
"Are you addicted to me then, Juin?" I finally cut her endless comments about me and my performances. She is going to make me crazy with her fangirling mode right now.
 
Is she doing this because I'm her favorite member in BEAST or else?
 
Her cheeks turn red and she quickly changes the topic as usual, "L-Let's go now. I want to visit other places."
 
I let out a heavy sigh and ask for the bill. After I paid the bill, we walk out from the restaurant and I follow her around. I wonder about when will she notice my obvious hints of my special affection for her.
 
"Cable car!" she looks at the operating cable car through the glass window. A smile forms on her lips, "It must be really beautiful to watch the first snow from here."
 
"Ah, you have a duet song, right? First Snow, First Kiss. I heard it this morning and...," she suddenly stops, dropping her gaze. "I-I'm sorry. You want me to stop, right?"
 
I must cover my mouth to stop me from laughing out loud. I ruffle her hair, "I'm not mad at you, Juin. I'm just wondering if I'm your favorite one in BEAST or not."
 
"Of course!" she exclaims wiith a bright smile. "I like you the best!"
 
My heart skips a beat because of her words. Looks like she just realizes that she just said something extra ordinary because she quickly covers with the back of her hand, staring at the floor.
 
"I-I-I mean...," she clears awkwardly. "I-I mean you are my favorite member along with Doojoon..."
 
For this one time, I don't even bother that she mentioned Doojoon's name. There is only one sentence repeating in my brain.
 
"I like you the best."
 
There are seconds of silence awkward between us. No one has a word to say first.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
Me and my random comment.
 
What did I just say to him?! I need to clear this misunderstanding. Seriously.
 
I know I've been talking non stop about him, making me looks like a crazy fan girl in front of him. The words just slipped out from my lips without thinking.
 
I fake a cough and pretend to look around, acting as if nothing happened, "Let's see where we shall go now..."
 
Calm yourself, Juin.
 
"Let's go to the roof terrace," Yoseob gives an idea. "They said the view is great from there."
 
Since I don't have another idea, I immediately agree with his idea and walk to the roof terrace with him. I tuck my hands inside of my pockets once I feel the cold breeze blows pass me.
 
The view from here is indeed different from what I saw from the observatory. We walk on the wooden decks, admiring the beautiful scenery. It must be more beautiful if the sun is setting down.
 
My eyes stop on the railing which hanged with Lovers' Locks. Hundreds of locks are hanging on the railings. Some couples are trying to put on new locks on there after writing something together.
 
"Do you want to buy a lock too, young lady?" an old woman asks me when Yoseob and I are watching a couple who just leave after putting their lock.
 
I look at her and realize that she must be mistaken me and Yoseob as a couple.
 
"My husband and I put a lock there years ago. I was thinking to put a new lock he bought for me on our last anniversary after he passed last week but I guess I don't want to erase my memories with him," the old woman puts the silver lock on my hand. "Here. It's for you."

"Eh?" I blink in confusion. "But we-"

"You two look like a couple that just came out from a fairy tale," she smiles to Yoseob. "Like a Prince and a Princess. I hope you two will have a good memory together."
 
She bows slightly to me and Yoseob before walking away. I return her bow politely with blushing cheeks, "Thank you. Thank you for the lock."
 
I exchange looks with Yoseob in silence. The ringtone of his phone interrupts our eyes contact and he quickly answers his phone. He steps away and talks for a while before approaching me again.
 
"I'm going to have a sudden meeting with my manager," he gives me an apologetic face. "We need to discuss our schedule for next week because it will be really hectic."
 
"It's alright," I assure him with a friendly smile. "Let's use the lock first. It's impolite if we don't use it, right?"
 
I look around and find the nearby shop. I borrow a pen from the staff and give a sign for Yoseob to come closer.
 
"What should we write?" I murmur, looking at the heart-shaped note. "It's the last place we visited today..."
 
An idea crosses my mind and I write down the words carefully.
 
"We'll treasure the first but we will always remember the last one."
221111
 
"As much as I want to see the first snow from here, maybe it's impossible," I stare at the note for seconds. "At least I hope we can see the snow on the last day."
 
We walk towards the railing and Yoseob suddenly takes the lock from me. He puts the lock on the railing and then lock it with the small key.
 
"When we come here again next time to see the last day of snow, you will pass me this key," he hands over the key to me. "It's a promise then."
 
For some people, this plan sounds like a ridiculous one, doesn't it?
 
I take the key from him and hold it tight in my fist, "It's a promise."
 
He gives me a smile and then returns the pen to the shop before we leave the tower together. We part our way when a taxi stops in front of me; we're heading different ways.
 
"Thank you for today, Juin," he thanks me while he opens the door for me. "I'm really happy today. I mean it."
 
"You're very welcome," I reply, smiling sincerely. "Thank you for accompanying me today. I'll see you in two days then."
 
In two days, BEAST will attend MelOn Music Awards 2011 and I will be one of the MCs that day along side with Doojoon. The offer was given to me yesterday morning because the concept to have four MCs instead of 3 MCs just established.
 
I immediately accepted the offer because it will be the first time for me to host an event with Doojoon. I can't even imagine myself standing side by side with him on stage.
 
"See you there," he waves to me and then closes the door for me. I wave to him until the taxi drives away.
 
Today is indeed memorable. Not only I could see beautiful scenery, it's also the first time for me to visit the Lovers' Locks. I really wish I can go there again someday.
 
As soon as I arrive at my apartment, I turn on my notebook to check my e-mail just in case someone sent me something important. I also open a new browser tab to check my Twitter.
 
Yoseob's last tweet catches my attention, making me to smile in front of my notebook screen.
 
"Also..why do people take notice of first snowfall but not the last day of snow.....remember the last too"
 
Feeling happy all of a sudden, I type a tweet and send it.
 
"22.11.11. Thank you."
 
I take the small key out from my bag and stare at it for seconds. I pick a silver chain necklace from my jewerly box and use the key chain as the pendant. I put the necklace around my neck and smile.

 
Somehow I feel that this little thing is really precious for me.


__________


Author's Note:

Credit for translation of the tweets goes to @B2STLYTWEETS

Credit for key pendant : Tiffany & Co.