Chapter 9: Smile

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
I lean my back against the wall with my script in my hand while the other casts of the drama are preparing themselves for the recording. The staffs are working hard so we can start the recording as soon as possible.
 
None of them approaches me because I am well known with my habit to stay aside from everyone before the recording. This is my way to get myself ready.
 
This time is not only because of my habit but because my mind still can't shove away the thought of what happened yesterday between me and Doojoon.
 
Doojoon locked his lips with mine, making me to freeze on my stand without a word.
 
When he parted the kiss, I could only stare at him with wide eyes, unable to find a word to say. I felt blood rushed to my brain with extra speed while my face was blushing hard.
 
I couldn't believe Doojoon just kissed me!
 
"I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't do that but I...," he gave me an apologetic smile and rubbed the back of his neck. "I want you to know that I can't think of anyone else but you right now. Juin, I-"
 
Before he could even finish his sentence, I unconsciously reached out my hand, giving him my palms as if I was trying to prevent him from coming closer.
 
"W-Wait!" I dropped my gaze and looked at the floor. "I-I-I..."
 
What? What did I want to say to him? Ah, right, I wanted to tell him that my heart was not ready yet to hear his confession.
 
I would faint on my place if he confessed to me.
 
Doojoon stepped closer and held my left hand with his right hand. He intertwined our fingers together and smiled gently, "It's alright, Juin. Take your time."
 
I dared myself to look up and saw his charming eyes, looking back at me. He put my palm on his chest, "Can you feel my heartbeat, Juin?"
 
Thump. Thump. Thump.
 
Yes. It's not only me. His heart was beating really fast even though he could put a smile on his face. He was trying to keep calm so both of us didn't need to be in awkward situation.
 
"I'll wait," he said and lowered my hand. "It's your choice but I really hope you will consider to return my feeling."
 
Did I even need to consider it?
 
When I opened my mouth to tell him my answer, he blinked and took out his phone from his pocket. He answered the call and I could hear he told the caller that he was going back soon.
 
"Yoseob just called me. I need to go back now. You're going back with your manager, right?" he asked me after he was done with the call.
 
I nodded, feeling a little bit disappointed that I had not told him my feeling for him. As if he knew I was sad, he patted my head, "I will visit you at the drama location recording tomorrow."
 
"Eh?" my eyes widened in surprise.
 
"You're going to record the first episode with Yoseob tomorrow, right?" Doojoon chuckled at my reaction. "I will visit you when our manager pick him up so at least I can see you before we head to New York."
 
New York?
 
"Come on," he walked to the door and opened it for me. "They must be waiting for us."
 
I nodded randomly and headed out to the door but right when I was going to walk pass him, Doojoon grabbed my wrist and kissed my forehead. He pulled away and smiled shyly to me, "Good night, my Queen."
 
Till this second I still can't believe that Doojoon kissed me last night. He asked me to consider about returning his feeling. He will come here just to see me for a while.
 
My love for him is not one-sided love.
 
I smile by myself, feeling happy just by the memory of his smile at me last night. I touch my lips with my finger, feeling the lingering warmth he gave to me with his lips.
 
I admit that it's not my first kiss. Being an actress who has starred in various romantic movies and dramas, I've been through many kissing scenes but I was being professional.
 
The kiss Doojoon gave to me is totaly different.
 
"Juin?" a voice breaks my wandering thought back to reality.
 
Yoseob approaches me, having his script in his hand. He must not know that he should leave me alone when I'm preparing myself for the first recording. I guess I can't blame him since it's the first time for him to work with me together.
 
I smile to him and put down my fingers, "Yoseob. You look pretty good today."
 
He gives me a wide smile and then leans on the wall right next to me, "I'm really nervous actually. Ah, I'm really nervous, Princess. What should I do?"
 
I hold my laughter and examine his expression. Yoseob puffs his cheeks, reading random page on his script. Of course he is nervous; he is new for drama.
 
"Ah, you touched your lips just now," he suddenly turns to look at me. "Do you still not like your lipstick color?"
 
My heart feels like stop beating for a second because of his question; I was thinking of Doojoon's kiss when I touched my lips.
 
"K-Kind of," I lie and clear my throat awkwardly. "I'm going to do last check for my make up in ten minutes so it's good for now."
 
Yoseob scratches his cheek with his finger, staring at the floor, "Actually... I don't know if you will like it but..."
 
He takes something out from his jacket pocket and hands it to me. I frown and take the small gift with transparant wrap and red ribbon.
 
I pull the ribbon and reveal that the gift is a lipstick. It's a shimmering soft baby pink color; a completely beautiful and feminine color.
 
"I hope you like it...," he gives me a big grin while I examine the lipstick. "I don't know your taste but I think the color suits you so I-"
 
"I like it," I quickly cut his explanation. I smile sincerely, "I love it. Thank you, Yoseob."
 
His lips form into a curve as he feels relieved because I accept his small gift. For a second I'm sure my heart skips a beat because of his smile. I wonder why.
 
"But I don't have anything to give you back...," I pout and try to think of something for him. "It's not fair for you."
 
"Juin!" my manager suddenly calls me. "Come on. You need to get ready!"
 
"We'll talk later then," I nod slightly to him. "Let's work hard for today, Prince Charming!"
 
I walk away from him, taking a seat so I can check my make up for the last time. I stare at my own reflection on the mirror and then smile.
 
"Y-Yah!" my manager looks surprised because I suddenly take a tissue and wipe my current peach-colored lipstick. "What are you doing, Juin?"
 
"I just want to use this lipstick," I take out the lipstick I just received from Yoseob. "I love the color."
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
The recording for the first episode at three different scenes lasts for around four hours. We managed to take the scene at the house of Moon Nari, the scene where Lee Yonghyun save Moon Nari from car, and the scene of Moon Nari declared Lee Yonghyun as her Prince Charming at Lee Yonghyun's apartment.
 
I see Juin is talking to Park Boyoung, the young actress who also worked with BEAST for Fiction MV. Boyoung is Juin's rival in this drama.
 
She plays Kim Seungyun, Lee Yonghyun's childhood friend who loves Yonghyun but too afraid to tell him because she doesn't want to lose their friendship. She doesn't get along with Nari because she thinks Nari is only a conceited girl who knows nothing about real world.
 
"Maybe we need to consider about it in this scene, Unnie," Juin says with serious expression while they are looking at Boyoung's script. "This one will look better if we are standing, don't you think?"
 
Unnie? Ah, Boyoung is one year older than Juin.
 
During the discussion, I just realize once again that Juin is indeed my senior in acting. I adore her in professional way. When I acted in scenes with her, she looked really different.
 
She could get in the personality of Moon Nari who is stubborn, believes the impossibility, and confident. When the camera rolled off, Juin turned back to her more quiet and shy personality.
 
I must admit that I learn a lot just by four hours. I watched the other actors and actresses. Even though some of them only have small parts in the drama, they gave them all to show and I appreciate them for sure.
 
Looking at them gives me courage to do better so my fans and audience will be satisfied with my first acting in drama. I don't want them to be disappointed by me...
 
...and I want Juin to be proud of me.
 
"Thank you for the hard work, Unnie," Juin bows to Boyoung and Boyoung does the same. They part their ways as Juin walks to my stand with a sweet smile.
 
She is going to torture me with the sweet smile if she keeps being this clueless about my feeling for her.
 
"You did great, Yoseob," she tiptoes and pats my head; once again she treats me like I'm younger than her. "Lee Yonghyun is so Prince Charming!"
 
"Yah," I pinch her cheeks playfully. "How could you call Boyoung as 'Unnie' but you don't call me 'Oppa'?"
 
"I don't call anyone in BEAST as my 'Oppa'," she sticks out her tongue to me. "It's fair, Yo-Seo-Bie!"
 
"You little Princess," I ruffle her hair and she laughs happily. Her laughter sound makes me feel so much better even though I feel a little bit tired.
 
"Do you want to accompany me to a cafe?" she suddenly asks me. "I want to buy a croissant today."
 
"Why?" I tilt my head, feeling curious about the reason of her to buy croissant today.
 
"Because I want chocolate croissant!" she makes peace signs with her fingers. "I'm going to change first!"
 
I haven't even replied her. Well, it's not like I'm going to refuse her offer either. I change my clothes and then talk with the director about my acting while I wait for Juin. Juin taps my shoulder when she has changed. We bow to the staffs and excuse ourselves
 
"Chocolate Croissant. Yummy!"
 
I can't help myself to smile when I read Juin's tweet. After she bought the croissant, she told me to follow her outside until we found a small playground. I quickly send a text message to my manager about the location so he can pick me up right away.
 
We take seats on the swings, side by side, and the first thing she did is took a picture of the chocolate croissant she just bought.
 
"Junsu told me the croissants here are good," she states with happy smile. "Are you sure you don't want to try it?"
 
"I'm good," I reply and rest my chin on my palm, looking at her. "It's enough for me to look at you like this."
 
She doesn't reply me but I can see her blushed cheeks as she pretends to focus at the croissant. I notice she wears something around her neck.
 
A necklace.
 
"Is that the key of the lock we put at Seoul Tower?" I immediately ask her. I notice the silver beautiful key.
 
"Ah, yes, it is," she touches the key and smiles brightly to me. "I wore this yesterday, you know."
 
How could I not notice it?
 
"Delicious~" she hums after taking a bite of the croissant. She really looks like a little kid who just tasted croissant for the first time.
 
She swings her legs back and forth while eating the croissant until the last bite. I can't hold my laughter anymore when I realize there is a chocolate cream near the edge of her lips.
 
Juin quickly takes out a tissue and wipes the cream, "You don't need to laugh that hard, you know. It's just chocolate cream!"
 
I stand up from the swing and stand up in front of her, ruffling her hair with excitement, "I guess I need to note that Queen Wang loves croissant so much."
 
She looks up at me with pouted lips. My heart skips another beat because I notice the pink shades of her lipstick.
 
Juin is wearing the lipstick I just gave to her before the recording. I was really surprised when we started the recording because she didn't use the pink-colored lipstick before.
 
I bought it by myself this morning, sneaking out from the apartment so no one knew about me buying a lipstick for a girl.
 
When she said that she didn't like red color for her lipstick last night, I thought that a lipstick would be a perfect gift for her.
 
Another obvious hint of my feeling towards her.
 
"Ah!" she clasps her hands together. "I must give you something too! You gave me a beautiful present!"
 
"I gave without asking for return, Juin," I raise my eyebrow. I admit that I will be really happy if she gives me something but I don't give her a gift just because I want something from her.
 
"What should I give to Prince Yang?" she starts to swing herself, letting the swing to bring her back and forth slowly. "What does Prince Charming want?"
 
I stop her carefully by grabbing the chain of the swing and I can see her surprised expression when I do it.
 
"Promise me something then," I mutter, ignoring my rapid heartbeat. "Let's go somewhere after both of us return from Singapore."
 
"Singapore?" Juin repeats. "You mean after Mnet Asian Music Awards? The one we will attend in three days?"
 
I nod and then bend down so I can whisper to her ear, "Let's go on a date, My Princess."
 
"Y-Yah!" she stammers and I pull away from her, watching her cute reaction. "Your fans are going to kill me if they know you said thing like that!"
 
"A date," I cross my arms together. "It's a deal then."
 
Juin sighs and then stands up, "Fine but you must do something for me first."
 
Before I ask about what I need to do for her, she takes out her phone, "Give me a selca. I know you like to do it."
 
"A selca?" I mumble with disbelief. "A selca as an exchange for a date? Wow, I can give you ten selcas, you know."
 
"No," she slaps my arm lightly and chuckles. "A date as an exchange for the lipstick. A selca is just an extra request!"
 
"Fine," I laugh and then open the camera application. I fix my hair and then take a selca with puffing cheeks, the pose which my fans always love.
 
"Cute!" she exclaims when I show her the result; just like what I've predicted. "I'm going to use it as your contact picture on my phone!"
 
While she is busy setting the picture for my contact on her phone, I take out my phone and take a picture of her. Since my phone doesn't make a single sound, she doesn't even realize that I just took a picture of her.
 
She has a really sweet smile on her face and it makes me happier when I know that her smile is because of my selca.
 
She smiles for me.
 
"Juin," I call her name and she turns to me. I hold my breath for seconds, wandering if she knows that my heart is beating uncontrollably because of her.
 
"Yoseob! Juin!"
 
A car stops and Doojoon steps out from the passenger seat while my manager is waiting behind the steering wheel. He called our names just right before the car stopped by scrolling down the window.
 
"Doojoon?" my eyes widen in surprise. What is he doing here?
 
He approaches us with his usual wide smile, "How's the recording?"
 
"Good," I answer simply, feeling uneasy all of a sudden. What is this feeling?
 
"Glad to hear it," Doojoon chuckles and turns to Juin. He reaches out his hand and pats her head, "I keep my words, don't I?"
 
Whatever he is talking about, I'm sure something did happen between Juin and Doojoon...
 
...because Juin is smiling shyly with blushed cheeks.