Chapter 3: Only You

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Too expressionless, Yoseob," Juin tells me briefly. "This is the scene where you finally find someone you are searching for and you're attracted to her. You need to use your expression wisely."
 
This is the fourth attempt and I keep doing mistakes. The problem is whether I'm too expressive or expressionless; I'm really nervous as well because I only rehearse with Juin on the empty meeting room.
 
She said she wants to rehearse our first scene together so we can have the chemistry of the characters we're going to play.
 
The final script of the first episode has a slight difference from the script I received before. The idea before is merely about a man who falls in love with a rich girl who is looking for her own Prince Charming.
 
Now I have more details about the story line after reading the script. The young man comes from ordinary family where he is the only son who works hard to help his parents to earn money.
 
One day he finds a luxurious wallet. He tries to find the owner because the address on her identity card is near from the place where he finds the wallet.
 
The owner of the wallet is a girl who comes from a rich family. She is a cheerful girl who believes in Prince Charming. When the man returns the wallet to her, she feels something different from this man; he doesn'ty look at her because of her wealth, unlike other men.
 
She decides that he is her Prince Charming.
 
Unfortunately obstacles are coming on their ways along like the fact that the Prince Charming is not a Prince with big house so he tries to hide it from the girl to prevent her from disappointment and the reality that her parents want the girl to marry someone else.
 
The plot is quite interesting and I think I can resemble the role easily since the character is similar to me: shy, honest, and straight forward.
 
It's just I lose my confidence all of a sudden when I try to act the scene. How ironic because I'm always confident enough when I sing in front of hundreds audience on the stage and now I barely express well just in front of a girl.
 
"Aigoo...," I sigh and messes my own hair with frustration. "I'm sorry, Juin. I'm just so... Aish."
 
I feel really useless right now. Why can I be a little bit more confident? I've casted in a musical before!
 
Suddenly Juin takes my hands, embracing them gently with her hands. She puts her lips on her hand while her eyes are closed as if she is praying.
 
Okay, I'm sure my face is burning red right now.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
Yoseob is doing almost good but it's not good enough. I can see that he is nervous even just by a rehearsal. That's exactly the reason why I want him to act random scene with me before the real shooting for the scene.
 
I don't want blame him for being nervous. I've been there before; acting with a more experienced actor or actress is indeed nerve wracking.
 
"Aigoo...," Yoseob groans and ruffles his hair. "I'm sorry, Juin. I'm just so... Aish."
 
Suddenly a guilty feeling strikes me. Perhaps it's not a good idea to ask him to take the main role for his first acting experience. However I can't back away now plus I can see his hidden skill somehow.
 
I take his hands and press my lips on my hands, embracing his gently. I close my eyes and smile, "It's alright, Yoseob. Everything will be alright."
 
Doojoon taught me about this before. I don't think anyone knows about it because I don't even tell Junsu.
 
That night when I was going to host the music award, I felt extremely nervous. It's my first time to host a show and I was paired up with experienced MCs; I felt really small just by standing next to them.
 
During the rehearsal, I hid myself at the backstage, trying to calm myself down but it didn't work. Doojoon was on his way to meet his manager when he saw me.
 
"Juin?"
 
I looked up and saw Doojoon walked closer to me. He dragged a chair and sat next to me, "What's wrong? You don't look really good."
 
"Just nervous, I guess," I answered with a nervous grin. "It's my first time to host such a big music award so-"
 
He suddenly took my hands and embraced them. He put his lips on his own hands. His eyes were closed when he said, "Don't worry, Juin. You're going to be alright. There's nothing you need to worry."
 
As if his words were magic spell, even though my heart beat faster because of his embrace on my hands, I felt so much better. I started to relax and control myself.
 
He smiled at me and released my hands, "You look better now. Remember, there is nothing you need to worry about."
 
His smile made my heart to flatter and I could feel butterflies were dancing in my stomach as my cheeks blushed because of his charming smile.
 
Come to think of it, maybe that's the moment I started to fall for Doojoon's charm. That's when I started to try ways to be around him.
 
I know it's only a coincidence but that's when I had a thought...
 
I love him.
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"It's alright, Yoseob. Everything will be alright," she mutters calmly, not letting her smile on her face to disappear. "Believe me, believe yourself."
 
Juin opens her eyes and looks at me, "Do you remember the first time you debut with BEAST?"
 
I nod slightly, trying not to blush harder because she hasn't let go of my hand. This girl is seriously going to kill me with her innocent smile.
 
"Do you remember what you felt that day? Right before your debut performance," she continues. "How did it feel when you're going to debut officially?"
 
I frown and try to remember the day of my debut performance, "Nervous... but happy. I wanted to show the world that I could better than people thought. I wanted to shine the brightest with BEAST."
 
"It's exactly the same with me," she finally lets go of my hands. "Nervous. Frustrated. Happy. Speechless. I understand. Just like what you said, I wanted the world to see what I could do."
 
She reaches out her hand for a handshake, "Let's shine the brightest together, my Prince."
 
My heart skips a beat because of her words. I know it's only encouragement words but I can't help myself to be happy, knowing that she said those words for me and only me.
 
Besides I do feel much better now. Juin is right. I must convert my nervousness into motivation. She believes that I can do it so I must believe in myself too, right?
 
I take her hand and shake it slowly, "Thank you, Juin."
 
She suddenly smiles wider and takes her hand away from me, "Ah, thank you for returning my wallet! Can I know your name?"
 
It's her line during our first scene in the drama as Moon Nari; she starts the rehearsal without any cue.
 
My lips form into a curve as I introduce myself, bowing politely to her, "My name is Lee Yonghyun."
 
I'm going to show my fans that I will do my best for them. I'm going to make people I love proud of me. I'm going to let the world see that I can be better than I am now...
 
...and I want Juin to acknowledge my skill too.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Well, that's enough for today then," I say as we step out from the meeting room. "If you want to rehearse again, tell me. I will try to check my schedule."
 
"Sure," Yoseob smiles. "Thanks for your help, Juin. You're a great help. Really."
 
"You're very welcome," I reply, walking out from the building to meet our managers who are waiting for us. "You're doing really good anyway. I'm sure you can do better."
 
He gives me a sheepish smile and thanks me. We part our ways, heading to our own destinations. My manager drives me to meet Junsu because we're going to discuss about the next match FC Men will play next week.
 
Right now the team members are practicing on the soccer field we have reserved for weekly practice. They will participate in the 2011 K-league 6-team playoff celebrity soccer team.
 
When I arrive, I feel a tug in my heart the moment I see Doojoon on the field. He just scored a goal. A big grin appears on his face as he does a high five with Junsu.
 
His satisfied expression is priceless.
 
"Juin!" Junsu calls me and the other members turn to greet me. I step closer to Junsu, letting him to ruffle my hair, "You're late!"
 
"Yah!" I laugh and avoid him playfully. "I just attended the first script-reading for the new drama. I told you before!"
 
"Ah, how's Yoseob?" Doojoon asks me. "Is he doing good, Juin?"
 
"Ne," I give him an assuring nod. "He still lacks confidence but I'm sure he will be alright. I will try my best to guide him."
 
"Good," Doojoon pats my head. "I leave him in your hands then for acting."
 
"Ah, talking about Yoseob," Junsu suddenly interrupts, which is a good thing because I'm sure I'm already blushing because of Doojoon's gentle gesture, "is he going to be your substitute for the next match, Gikwang?"
 
"I think so," Gikwang rubs the back of his neck. "My schedule clashes on that day."
 
"You've heard it," Junsu folds his arms and raises his eyebrow to me. "Yoseob is going to play on November 19 with us. Please do prepare his uniform, manager."
 
"I know, I know," I mumble and slaps his shoulder jokingly. "Now go back to practice. I'm going to buy some drinks for all of you."
 
"Work hard," Doojoon whispers to me while the others run back to their positions. He flashes me a quick smile before following the others to start the real practice.
 
I squeal in my mind because there is no way I'm going to scream out loud. I grin widely and take out my phone to tweet.
 
"You. You. You. Only you."
 
I only have you in my mind right now, Doojoon.