Chapter 12: Answer

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I take another sip of the water, hoping it will make my throat feels better. Unfortunately it doesn't work at all. I still feel sore and there is nothing I can do about it since BEAST is going to perform in ten minutes.
 
We are already stand by at our position while Lang Lang, the pianis who collaborates with us tonight, is ready to play Moonlight Sonata. We will appear on the stage, singing the orchestra version of Fiction. Hyuna then will appear to do some dance moves with Hyunseung before we finally bring out Fiction for the ending of our medley.
 
I never expected that I will have this kind of trouble on the day of my performance. Not to mention it's a music award. I should have taken care of myself better if I don't want this to keep happening.
 
After Juin gave her visit to our hotel, she returned to her hotel to prepare herself for tonight. We finally met again after the red carpet; she came around thirty minutes after our arrival. Juin opened the show with Lee Byung Hun as the first MCs.
 
When we left our seats to prepare for our performance just now, Juin met me once again, asking about my condition. I only smiled and told her that I would be alright. She then gave us good luck before returning to her seat with other actors and actresses who support the show as MCs.
 
"Yoseob," Junhyung calls me, snapping me back to my senses. "Five minutes."
 
I give him a slight nod and I clear my throat once again, trying to put my best effort for this performance. I can hear Lang Lang starts to play the prelude of our song and I close my eyes, focusing my mind.
 
Our fans scream when Doojoon sings the first part. After the rap part by Junhyung, Gikwang continues the song and Hyunseung opens the refrain part. Fortunately I manage to sing the refrain without any mistake.
 
We go to the backstage once again and change our black suit with black leather jacket while Hyunseung performs his part with Hyuna. The kiss stunt draws huge attention from the audiences; even I need to hold my urge to grin widely when I watch the live performance.
 
We continue our performance with Fiction. When it's finally my part, my anxiety hits me again and, like what I've predicted, when I hit the high note after the refrain part, my voice cracks.
 
As much as I try to gain control over my voice, my sore throat is helpless. The rum indeed made my voice became worse. With all my effort, we end our performance and finally return to the backstage.
 
"Yoseob," Doojoon holds my shoulder, "your voice..."
 
"It's alright," I force a smile to him while the others approach me. "I'm sorry. I should have done better on stage."
 
"Yah, we're worrying about you!" Junhyung circles his arm around my neck. "Drink more. We don't want anything bad happen to you."
 
"I know," I laugh and grin to them. "Let's return to our seats. We don't want to miss the performances, right?"
 
After taking off our leather jackets and wear our black suits again, we return to our seats, joining the other artists. Gikwang takes his leave earlier since he has another schedule to attend, leaving five of us to receive the award for Best Dance Performance by Male Group.
 
"Yoseob," a familiar soft voice calls over me when we're just done with our speech as the winner of the award. We stepped down from the stage, passing by the seats for MCs of the show.
 
"Juin," I greet her and smile to her while my hand is holding the award trophy. "We won!"
 
"Congratulations," she mutters to us with a smile. "I am a proud beauty. Congratulations, BEAST."
 
We bow to her casually as our gratitudes and some other actors and actresses also congratulate us in sequence.
 
"Yoseob, can we talk?" she asks me with worried look. "Let's go the backstage. Just for ten minutes."
 
"Sure," I agree to her and hand over the trophy to Junhyung, telling him to take care of it. "I'll catch up with you guys later."
 
I see Juin flashes a smile to Doojoon before she follows me behind to the backstage, avoiding the crowd for a while.
 
Once we stop at an empty corridor where the make up room for the MCs is, Juin bows in ninety degrees quickly, "I'm sorry, Yoseob. I'm so sorry!"
 
"Juin, it's alright," I say, knowing what she is apologizing for. "It's my fault that I couldn't control my voice, not yours."
 
"If I didn't bring the chocolate, your voice wouldn't be like that, right?" Juin straightens her body, giving me an apologetic face. "I'm really stupid. Ah, what should I do?"
 
"How many times I've told you it's alright, Princess?" I pinch her cheeks playfully. "Stop apologizing. I don't like to see your face like this. Smile, will you?"
 
"But-" she starts to complaint again but I cup her face with my hands, looking at her eyes directly.
 
"If you say that it's your fault or apologize to me once more, you're going to make me mad for real," I mutter, "and you're going to owe me another date if I'm mad at you."
 
"Y-Yah!" she blushes immediately. "I owe you one date already!"
 
"I will be more than happy if you want to make me date," I stick out my tongue to her. "One date to make me forget why I'm mad at you. That's the deal."
 
Juin sighs but a smile forms on her lips. She chuckles, "Fine, Prince Yang. You win again this time. Are you satisfied?"
 
I laugh and then tuck my hands inside my pocket. After hesitating for seconds, I finally ask her, "Juin, after the show, can I talk with you?"
 
"Why don't you say it now?" she tilts her head as I admire her beauty; her long hair is made curly at the bottom while she wears beautiful white dress. "Anything?"
 
"After the show," I grin awkwardly to her. "I'll tell you, okay?"
 
Yes. After the show, I will confess to her.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
After six hours with red carpet and spectacular shows, Mnet Asian Music Awards 2011 finally has ended. We, the MCs, approach the artists to give them our congratulations.
 
When I'm congratulating Super Junior's members, I see BEAST's members are talking with Hyuna, holding their trophies with victory smiles.
 
As a fan, I'm glad BEAST won an award tonight even though I secretly hoped they could win more awards.
 
Ah, since when did I become this subjective of judging something?
 
"Queen Wang!" Dongwoon greets me with a big grin when I approach them. "Have I told you that you look really beautiful tonight?"
 
"Thank you, Mr Charmer," I giggle and then turn to Hyuna. I bow to her politely, "Congratulations for winning the Best Dance Performance for Solo Artist, Hyuna."
 
"Thank you," she replies with a smile. "I think it's our first time to talk with each other. I really hope we can work together someday for 4minute's music video."
 
"It will be my pleasure to work with 4minute," I reply her honestly. "Anyway your performance with Hyunseung was really captivating. You two are really dazzling."
 
Both of Hyuna and Hyunseung look embarassed when I compliment them while the others hold their laughters, making Hyunseung to give them deadly glare.
 
"Then I will be waiting for you to work together for BEAST's music video," Doojoon smiles to me and I can feel butterflies in my stomach start to fly around. "I will make sure I become the main actor when it happen."
 
His straight forward statement makes me to blush. I try to hide my blushed cheeks by opening a new topic, "When will you return to Seoul?"
 
"Tomorrow morning," Junhyung answers calmly. "We will have a good rest at Singapore tonight then we will fly back to Seoul. Yoseob has recording to do with you tomorrow, right?"
 
"Yes, he has," I exchange looks with Yoseob and the guilty feeling strikes again. "But if his condition is not good enough yet..."
 
"Yah!" he scolds me again jokingly. "I'm perfectly good here!"
 
The others laugh and I smile along with them even though I still feel responsible about his cracked voice on stage during their performance. I know he could do better if it's not because of that rum ball I brought this morning.
 
"When will you return to Seoul?" Doojoon asks me with his charming eyes. "Will you stay at Singapore tonight?"
 
"Ah, no, I will return tonight," I tell them. "My manager bought the ticket for the flight on 3 AM. I will go directly to airport after this."
 
"Wow, that's so fast," Dongwoon blinks with surprised expression. "You should take care of yourself, Queen Wang."
 
"I know, I know," I mumble. My eyes meet with Yoseob and I quickly clear my throat, "Are you going somewhere or else?"
 
"No," Hyunseung frowns with curiosity. "Why?"
 
"Err...," I bite my bottom lip nervously. "I-I need to talk with Doojoon... Just for a minute..."
 
Doojoon looks confused by my request but then he turns to his groupmates and Hyuna, "I'll catch up with you guys. Come on, Juin. Let's talk somewhere else."
 
I nod quickly and then say to Yoseob, "I'll talk to you after this. Give me five minutes."
 
"What are you going to talk with her?" I hear Junhyung asks him when I walk away with Doojoon but I can't hear what his answer is.
 
Doojoon leads me to the backstage as we walk to find an empty room. Somehow it reminds me with the night when he confessed to me after MelOn Music Awards five days ago. Just with that thought, my face burns again.
 
"You know that you can have more than one minute with me, right?" Doojoon teases me after he closes the door behind him. We manage to find an empty room near the end of the backstage corridor.
 
"I know," I intertwine my fingers and stare at the floor. I'm too nervous to look at him directly. "I was just sayi-"
 
Suddenly Doojoon reaches out his hand and lifts my chin with his fingers until our eyes meet, "You were saying?"
 
I'm sure my brain freezes for seconds because of him. The words I've arranged in my mind suddenly disappear to no where because of his sudden gesture that makes my heart to beat like crazy.
 
"I-I-I...," I stammer as I can feel my hands are really cold due to the nervous feeling inside of me. "I-I j-just-"
 
Doojoon kisses my forehead gently and whispers, "Easy, my Queen, easy. I'm not going anywhere."
 
I hold my breath and finally calm myself down, taking a really deep breath with closed eyes.
 
"Feel better now?" he caresses my left cheek when I have opened my eyes.
 
"Your confession...," I clutch his shirt slowly, feeling that my face is really hot now, "...can I answer it now?"
 
He blinks and then smiles widely. He leans closer until he can whisper on my ear, "Can I assume that you will give me a 'yes'?"
 
Too nervous to say a word, I only give him a nod but it's enough for him to understand. Doojoon uses his left hand to turn my head until our faces are only inches away.
 
"May I?" he whispers, brushing his lips with me slightly.
 
I close my eyes and he kisses my lips. This time the kiss lasts for seconds since he deepens the kiss when I clutch his shirt tighter.
 
All of a sudden, an image of Yoseob and his smile crosses my mind. I abruptly break the kiss, making Doojoon to look at me with confused look.
 
"Juin?" he calls me, cupping my cheeks with his hands. "Is something wrong?"
 
"N-No...," I murmur with a fake smile; I don't want him to think that he did something wrong. "I'm just... nervous..."
 
His lips turn into a curve and he pulls me into a hug, "You have no idea how happy I am right now, Juin..."
 
Maybe I don't know how happy Doojoon is now but what I'm thinking right now, unfortunately, is not Doojoon.
 
Why did Yoseob suddenly appear in my mind when I was kissing Doojoon?