Chapter 13: Something is Missing

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Cut!" the director states and sighs with disappointment. He darts Juin a sharp look, waiting for her explanation for her third mistake this time.
 
We are recording the scene at the rooftop, the scene where Moon Nari sleeps on Lee Yonghyun's shoulder. The scene that I acted with Juin before I left to New York when we had a midnight walk. The scene where I need to hold her hand as we gaze at the night sky.
 
I don't know why but Juin has messed up with this scene once again. For the first take, she forgot to rest her head on my shoulder. Then she forgot her line when she was sleeping on my shoulder. Juin pulled her hand away from me too fast for the last take.
 
"I'm sorry," she bows to the director. "I think I'm just too tired. I promise I will finish it after this. I..."
 
She stops and then sighs. The director pats her shoulder with worried look, "It's alright. Do you need to have a break first, Juin?"
 
Before Juin can answer him, I quickly chirp in, "Juin, let's have a chat. Five minutes will do."
 
She looks at me and then nods slowly, murmuring softly, "Ne..."
 
"Okay, five minutes break!" the director announces and the staffs split up. Some takes their drinks, some excuses themselves to go to restroom, and some others fix their make ups.
 
At the same time, Juin and I walk to the corner of the rooftop. She doesn't say a word so I open up the conversation, "Did something happen between you and Doojoon?"
 
Yesterday, in the end, I didn't manage to confess to her. The moment she returned from talking whatever-they-only-know with Doojoon, her manager called her to leave as soon possible to catch up for the plane.
 
It's not the fact I couldn't confess to her last night that bothers me or how Doojoon smiled to her when she left us. It's the look she gave to me when I waved goodbye to her.
 
Her smile vanished when our eyes met. She immediately looked away from me and then bid goodbye to the others.
 
Something. She is hiding something from me.
 
When I arrived at Seoul this morning, she didn't say a single thing to me even though she updated her Twitter at the same time I tweeted.
 
"Smile for you."
 
That's her only tweet since yesterday night. I held my urge to ask her anything because when I arrived at the location, she was busy with her script but now that she keeps messing her own part, I feel like I really need to talk with her.
 
I don't even bother to think about confessing to her now. I just want to know if something is wrong between us... or maybe her and Doojoon.
 
Juin doesn't answer me but I can see her cheeks turn into pink clearly; she is blushing just by my simple question.
 
I don't need her answer to know that something is indeed happened between her and Doojoon. My heart sinks because I realize that maybe she has given her answer to Doojoon; that maybe she has accepted his feeling.
 
"Did you...," I clear my throat reluctantly and clench my fists. I stop for seconds, "Are you with Doojoon now?"
 
For a moment she doesn't give me any reaction but then she nods with a shy smile on her face, a smile that breaks my heart in a second. She quickly cups her cheeks with both of her hands, hiding her face.
 
"I'm sorry...," she murmurs without looking at me. "I'm just too nervous. I will do my best for the next take."
 
"That's good...," I fake a smile but I guess I'm not too good with hiding my own feeling because Juin looks at me with sad eyes. I take a deep breath and then looks up at the night starry sky, afraid that my tears will fall.
 
"Yoseob...," she sounds really apologetic now. "I-"
 
"Back to position!" the director shouts all of a sudden, interrupting our conversation. Staffs return to their positions, ready to continute the shooting once again.
 
"Come on," I murmur vividly and walk away. I just want to finish the recording as soon as possible so I can return immediately to my apartment and have a good rest.
 
Since yesterday, my mood is not really good because I was failed to perform perfectly on stage yesterday. I lack sleep hours and my head is actually aching real hard since I arrived at Seoul yet I forced myself to fulfill my schedule.
 
Now that I know Juin and Doojoon are officially a couple, my heart aches worse than my head.
 
Since when did broken heart feel this bad?
 
Maybe because I feel unfair. Maybe because I want Juin to know that I love her. Maybe because I want her to remember our first meeting. Maybe because I know I should have confessed to her first. Maybe because I love her too much.
 
Maybe because I believe that she is my Princess and I hope I am her Prince Charming...
 
...yet I'm only a Prince for her, the Queen who has the King to accompany her now.
 
Looks like since the start, our paths never crossed each other.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Thank you for tonight," I bow to the staffs and puts a bright smile. "Thank you. Thank you."
 
I wear my black coat and look around to find Yoseob just left the park where we took a scene of Lee Yonghyun and Moon Nari are caught together by Nari's parents.
 
He leaves without even saying a word to me.
 
It's unusual.
 
After discussing about my schedule for tomorrow with my manager, I ask her to drive me to BEAST's apartment, using an alibi that I want to discuss something with Yoseob for upcoming scene. She confirms that I must return to my apartment as soon as possible so I can take a rest before agrees to drop me at their apartment.
 
On my way there, I check my Twitter to read some tweets from my fans which mentioned me, wishing the best for my drama with Yoseob. I scroll the timeline until I reach three latest mention for me.
 
"@wjuin and @helloimys can be a real couple, right?!"
 
"Princess @wjuin and Prince @helloimys ! All hails!"
 
"@wjuin Queen Wang is busy with Prince Yang? ^^"
 
The last mention makes my heart to skip a beat. It's from Doojoon and he doesn't even bother that his fans can read his tweet; it may stir a problem between me and Yoseob's fans.
 
The memory of what happened last night crosses my mind again. I still don't understand why Yoseob appeared all of a sudden in my mind when Doojoon kissed me.
 
I love Doojoon. I was really happy when he confessed to me. I felt extremely joyous when he kissed me. I accepted his feeling.
 
Then why do I still feel like something is missing?
 
Since I was really nervous to have a scene with Yoseob, I messed up some takes. When Yoseob finally asked me whether if something happened between me and Doojoon, I couldn't lie to him.
 
His expression, his fake smile, his sad eyes when he said that it's good to hear the news are still visible in my mind. I know he is not happy to hear the sudden news.
 
During the shooting, he only talked to me for some scenes and then he would keep himself busy with staffs or other casts. It's unusual because we're happened to be really close during the recording.
 
It's different tonight.
 
At first I thought he was too tired because he just returned to Seoul this morning but from the way he avoided my eyes, I know he is trying to stop himself from saying something to me.
 
"Juin?" Doojoon looks really surprised when he opens the door for me. I have arrived in front of BEAST's apartment and he is the one who welcomes me warmly. He opens the door wider to let me step in. "Why don't you tell me that you're going to come?"
 
"Surprise?" I laugh awkwardly and take off my shoes. I turn to him, "Is Yo-"
 
Doojoon cups one of my cheeks with his hand and then kisses my lips gently. He parts the kiss and smiles shyly, "I miss you, Juin."
 
I freeze on my stand because of the sudden gesture. I'm not even sure I can still say something to him right now. What if Yoseob saw it?!
 
Wait, why do I even bother if Yoseob saw it?
 
Ah, I mean, what if his groupmates saw it? I wonder if he has told the others about us; I haven't told my manager yet because I'm not in the mood to talk about it yet. I still need to adjust my own feeling.
 
"Come in," he takes my hand with him and leads me inside. "Hyunseung and Gikwang are not home. Both Junhyung and Dongwoon are sleeping though."
 
"Where is Yoseob?" I finally manage to ask him. I look around, examining their apartment as if hoping that Yoseob will show up somehow.
 
"He just returned around fifteen minutes ago. I think he is in his room right now," Doojoon answers as we take seats on the sofa. "How did he do tonight? He didn't mess up anything, did he?"
 
I laugh softly, "No. He's doing perfectly good actually."
 
When I notice that Doojoon is only staring at me with a charming smile on his face, I start to blush again, "W-What is it? Is there something on my face?"
 
"I always love to hear your laughter," he answers calmly as my heart beats faster. "You look really beautiful when you're smiling. I am the luckiest man in the world because you accepted my feeling, right?"
 
He reaches out his hand to move my long hair slowly behind my ear. I flinch a little because of his kiss on my forehead. He then kisses the tip of my nose before lands his lips on mine.
 
For at least three seconds with closed eyes, I kiss him back, feeling dancing butterflies in my stomach. Then, once again, an image of Yoseob and his sad smile crosses my mind.
 
I snap back to my senses and break the kiss by pushing Doojoon slightly. He blinks with confusion because it's the second time I did it, "Juin? I'm sorry. Do you feel uncomfortable?"
 
"N-No!" I quickly shake my head. "It's just... I'm just..."
 
What? Nervous?
 
"C-Can I see Yoseob?" I finally decide to divert the topic. "I want to talk about our script for a while."
 
"Sure," Doojoon brushes my cheek with his thumb. "Just go to his bedroom there. I'm going to make you a cup of tea, okay?"
 
I nod to him with a smile before we part our ways. He goes to the kitchen while I knock the door to Yoseob's bedroom. I knock three times but there is no respond so I try to open the door.
 
"Yoseob?" I call him as I push open the door slightly, taking a peek of what he is doing inside. "Are you sleeping?"
 
Yoseob is sitting on the edge of the bed but he is not sleeping. When I step inside and close the door behind me, he notices my presence and looks up to me.
 
"I-I'm sorry if I disturb you," I give him an awkward grin while he stands up from his seat to approach me. "I just want to-"
 
I shut my mouth when suddenly Yoseob rests his forehead against mine, making our faces are only inches away now.
 
My face is burning while he holds my shoulders firmly with his hands.
 
What is he doing?!