Chapter 1 : A Brand New Start

A Tale of Two Hearts
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
"Soccer is tiring but soccer is fun."
 
I hit the 'tweet' button and grin widely just by imagining what kind of reply my fans will give to me. I also attached a picture of the ball we used to play just now.
 
"Care to join us for lunch, Juin?" Junhyung asks Juin casually right when Juin just finished the conversation on phone.
 
After around twenty minutes, Juin and Doojoon returned from the coffee shop. We had stopped our practice when they returned because we're hungry. Strange enough she followed us back to our apartment.
 
While we changed our clothes in turn, she was busy discussing about something with someone on phone. I wonder who she was talking to.
 
"Sure," she answers as her lips form into a curve. For a second, I'm really sure she stares at me before shifting her gaze back to Junhyung. "I will love to have lunch with BEAST."
 
I shrug off the feeling and wear my shoes, walking out from the apartment with the other members. We decide to have lunch at the nearby restaurant.
 
During the lunch I'm pretty much sure that Juin throws me some glances once in a while. When our eyes meet, she quickly pretends to do something else as if she doesn't want me to know that she is looking at me.
 
The question here is: why is she suddenly looking at me secretly?
 
On our way back to the apartment, I see Juin whispers something to Doojoon behind us and he gives her a slight nod as his respond. My eyes meet Juin's again and I instantly look forward again.
 
"Yoseob," Juin calls my name and I immediately turns around to see her. She gives me her smile, "Can we talk?"
 
"S-sure," I reply shortly. Wait, why did I even stammer when answering her?
 
"Come on," Doojoon pats Dongwoon's shoulder twice, "we'll go first. Juin, Yoseob, we'll see you at the apartment."
 
Juin waves her hand to the others and walks towards different direction, "Let's talk for a while, Yoseob."
 
I follow her as we walk side by side. She is reading something on her phone with pouted lips. Why do I find she is really cute when she is doing that?
 
"You were casted in musical before, right?" she suddenly asks a question.
 
"Eh?" I react simply as her question is on progress inside of my head. "Yes, I was. Why?"
 
She looks up from her phone and stops her step all of a sudden, "What do you think about trying to act for a drama?"
 
"What?" I blurt out with disbelief tone. I frown, wondering about the possibility that she is only teasing me but she doesn't change her expression at all.
 
"Doojoon recommended you for this role because he can't make it. I'm going to send you the script via e-mail later," Juin tilts her head. "Can you please consider it?"
 
"Acting? Drama? I'm sorry but I'm not an actor, Juin," I answer her offer honestly. "As much as I want to try, there is no way I'm going to-"
 
"Please," she clasps her hands together, giving me a pleading look. "The deadline is coming soon and the script writer needs you. Please?"
 
Her eyes are too enchanting to ignore. I even hold my breath to prevent myself from blushing because of her.
 
"Fine," I sigh. "I need to discuss my schedule first with my manager. I can't promise anything, okay?"
 
"Thank you," she squeals and holds my hands with hers. "I'm sure you're not going to regret it!"
 
I don't even dare to open my mouth because I know I'm going to stumble my words. I only give her quick nods while feeling the warmth of her embrace.
 
Aish, I hope I make a right decision.
 
 
♔ Juin's POV ♔
 
"Sent," I murmur to myself as I read the 'sent' notification on my notebook's screen. I just sent the softcopy of the script I told Yoseob this afternoon.
 
It's me who asked Doojoon to play the male protagonist, causing the script writer to depend on me to persuade him for the role. Now that Doojoon can't take the role, I have the responsibility to find his substitute, right?
 
Actually I want to ask Junsu or Jaejoong for the role but there is no way they're going to accept it because they are busy enough. It will take more time if I want to persuade another idol so I'd rather take the chance to ask Yoseob.
 
Lucky enough he agreed to consider about the role. I hope the script will change his mind one way or another.
 
Wait, will he check his e-mail? I forgot to ask his number! How can I inform him to check his e-mail as soon as possible then?
 
I take my phone and find Doojoon's number; we exchanged phone numbers around one month ago and sometimes we text each other for random topics.
 
"Aigoo...," I grumble. He doesn't pick the call. What is he doing?
 
I open my Twitter account from my phone, reading the timeline one by one. I stop when I read Gikwang's reply to an account. I click the username and the screen changes to Yoseob's Twitter account.
 
After I click on the 'follow' button, I type a tweet for him.
 
"@helloimys check your e-mail. thank you! ^^"
 
Right when I'm going to tweet it, I stop all of a sudden. I don't think it's wise enough to mention him on my Twitter. Both his fans and mine will be curious to find what I am talking about.
 
After procrastinating, I finally send a direct message to Yoseob. This is a wise decision, isn't it?
 
I open my iTunes and play the playlist. My smile blossoms the moment I recognize the voice of the singer.
 
It's "When The Door Closes" by Doojoon and Dongwoon. I watched the video where he performed with the piano before. I was completely captivated by his charm on stage.
 
I fold my arms on the table, resting my head on them and close my eyes. I remember the first time Junsu introduced me to Doojoon before their match. We met again when I hosted a music award.
 
"Na jigeum i soneul notchimyon
Ije tto useul il opgetjiman dareun saram-ye pumeso
Utgo isseul nol bomyo na uso bolge"
 
When I let go of this hand now
I'll no longer have any reason to smile but when I see you smiling
In another's embrace, I'll try to smile
 
Doojoon...

can I fall in love with you?
 
 
♔ Yoseob's POV ♔
 
I'm bored.
 
Both Junhyung and I are waiting for others in a dance practice room. Doojoon and Hyunseung are meeting President Hong while Gikwang is discussing about his schedule with our manager in different room. Dongwoon just excused himself to a restroom.
 
They asked me about what I was talking about with Juin; she returned to her own apartment after talking with me. She asked me to send her regards to the others.
 
Doojoon only gave me a grin when I told them that I would consider the offer from Juin. He said that I should try it because it's a really rare chance. It could be a brand new start of something for me, he said.
 
I will discuss it with my manager and President Hong after this dance practice since the others support me to take this chance as well.
 
I open my Twitter account to check the mentions from my fans. That's when I receive a notification about a new direct message.
 
While my phone is loading, the screen suddenly turns black; the battery is less than 2%.
 
"Aish, my battery is dying," I groan. I look at Junhyung who is using his Macbook. "Junhyung ah, can I borrow your white Mac?"
 
"What for?" he raises his eyebrow casually. "Game?"
 
"Of course not!" I take a seat next to him. "Twitter. I want to tweet something for our fans. Oh, let's take a picture together with the webcam!"
 
He shakes his head playfully and hands over his Macbook to me, "Go ahead."
 
"Thank you!" I grin and quickly open the Twitter website. It's kind of rare for me to tweet from the website; I always tweet with my phone.
 
"Let me read the mentions from our fans first," I mutter to him and quickly click the Mentions tab. There are hundreds new mentions for me.
 
I move the mouse and click the Messages tab. I wonder who sent me a direct message.
 
"check your e-mail. thank you! ^^"
 
wjuin?
 
Juin? Is this Juin's Twitter account?
 
I click her username so I can see her Twitter profile.
 
Photobucket
 
It is really her. I can't help myself to smile, knowing that she just followed my Twitter account. I follow her back and reply her direct message.
 
"will check it now. thank you, Queen Wang. kekeke"
 
"Yah, why are you smiling like that?" Junhyung snaps me back to my senses. "Is there something interesting?"
 
"Kind of," I close her profile and open a new tab to check my e-mail. "Juin has sent me the script. Want to read it?"
 
Now let's see what kind of story that makes Doojoon recommended me to Juin.