Chapter 12 - My light in the darkness

Reversed Cinderella Story

“I am sorry but …” – I am about to say that I am not the actress but the man that pulled me in earlier already gives me the broom.

“It’s all set director.” – That man says.

“Ok. One, two, three action” – The director yells and the blade is immediately snapped in front of me.

I am absolutely still in daze. They didn’t even give me a chance to explain and everybody around me included my master are already in their act. The director and filming crew are looking at me very angrily. I don’t like that look at all. I have no choice but pick up the broom and starts wiping the floor. I guess that is what they want me to do. I am so nervous and only focus my eyes on the floor. I don’t really want to meet all the scary eyes that are staring at me.

“Watch where you are cleaning.” – My master suddenly yells. I look up and he is frowning, annoyed. I was too focus on the floor so I didn’t see he was walking toward my way then accidently wipe my broom on his expensive shoes. But still, he shouldn’t yell at me. I am very sensitive today so I get irritated and totally forget that we are still in filming process.

“You should watch your step. Why are you walking to where people cleaning?” – I yell at him and only realize that the camera is still running a few second later.

“Cut! Excellent!”

Did someone just say excellent? That was director and he just seriously complimented the scene. What just happened?

“Wow, even though it wasn’t in the script but you two interaction was great. Keep it up.” – The director happily tells us.

Wow! It seems like acting is not that hard after all. I was being stupid and it turns out as a good scene. Oh well, maybe I just lucky. A fortune teller used to say that I was born with a lucky star. She is probably right. Except the fact that my mother abandoned me since I was young, I am pretty lucky. Who am I kidding? My father is one of the richest men in the world. Of course I am lucky. Talking about my father, I am freaking out. What is this filming for? Ji Soo oppa did mention that this is a drama filming. My father doesn’t like watching drama. I have to pray that he still doesn’t like them or else, I will totally die if he sees me in this ridiculous maid outfit.

I have to run out of this place before they make me to do any additional filming.

Everyone is staring at me out of confuse as I make my escape. I run fast even though no one is chasing me.

I stop at an empty spot where I am sure no one is around and try to catch my breath.

“Ji Hyo?”

Oh no, who just called my name? I look around, trying to identify where the voice come from to decide whether I should continue running or not. Even though I swear I can’t run any more. I’m quite tired already. From afar, a familiar silhouette is walking toward me. I narrow my eyes try to see who it is. That person is walking in the dark. His figure is getting clearer and clearer as the light starts covering him.

OMG that is my prince. I rub my eyes to make sure that I am not dreaming but it is really my handsome prince Si Won. What is he doing here? I am really curious and run to him.

“I thought that I see wrong but it is really you. What are you doing here?” – My prince smiles charmingly at me

I finally find my light in darkness. Despite how dark our surrounding is, his smile is always shining beautifully. I unconsciously smile back at him.

“I have to work here today.” – I answer.

“Work?” – My prince asks in surprise then stares at me from head to toe – “Did you change your job to actress now? It definitely fits you well but are you playing maid in your first role?”

“No, no, no of course not” – I quickly response then explains to him what has been happening today. He patiently listens to my story that I of course add a lot of complains and frustration in. The he laughs hard at the end.

“Really? It’s really interesting. You seem to have a rough day.”

“Yes, I did.” – I nod, tiredly.

“Well, I know something that can make you feel better. Follow me.” – He says with a smile.

Of course I am following him. No one can say no with that gorgeous smile of him. I will follow him even to the end of the world, as long as he keeps smiling at me.

It is cold but I feel warm, walking next to him. We are walking for a little bit then he takes off his jacket and puts it over my shoulders. OMG the butterflies in my stomach is probably having a seizure. I am so nervous that my face turns red. I see this kind of situation a lot in movies but it totally feels different in real life. Now I understand why those female leads always fall for this gesture. It is so warm and sweat, so gentle man, and so … him.

 My heart is fluttered. I didn’t even complain that it was cold but he still did it, like he read my mind. One more plus for my prince for being thoughtful. I think I am giving up on courting point. There will never be enough number in this word to record his good points. He is just more amazing every time I see him.

We stop in front of a grocery store. Well, a prop grocery store to be exact. We are still inside the big filming set. My prince walks to the refrigerator in front of the store and takes out 2 ice-creams.

“I know it may be too cold for an ice-cream but it is the best cure for a rough day.” – He gently says, unwraps one ice cream and gives it to me. – “I hope you like chocolate.”

“Of course I do, it’s my favorite.” – I happily respond. I love chocolate and everything with chocolate flavor, and now I think I am falling in love with the one just offered me the chocolate ice-cream too. It is so thoughtful of him. He is definitely fated to be my prince, always appears when I have rough time.

Wait! I think that is Fairy Godmother’s role, not a prince.

Whatever, my prince is definitely awesome. But still, he is really similar to fairy. How did appear at that perfect moment? I can’t hide my curiosity.

“But what are you doing here?” – I ask

“Oh I have filming here today too. I just done with my scene so I thought to take a break a walk around then I see you.”

“Wow. It’s an amazing coincidence.” – I smile brightly

“It is. I think we are fate to meet each other. When I first saw you at the airport, I thought I would never be able to see you again but then I met you at Jae Joong’s house. I was very surprise and glad at the same time. I never believe in fate but I think I change my mind.” – He says, sweetly that melts my heart.

Of course it is faith my prince. God brought me here from half way across the world to meet you. You are definitely my destiny.  And did he just say that he was glad to see me at Jae Joong’s house. Does it mean that he wanted to see me after the airport incident? Does it mean that I have a special spot I his memory? I am going crazy from happiness.

“Yeah. It is definitely fate.” – I softly say, focus my eyes on him.

He is also looking at me, with his gentle eyes. The world seems to stop spinning. The wind seems to stop blowing. Time is frozen at that moment when our eyes meet. That is the sweetest stare that I have ever had. Neither of us blinks keeps having our eyes gently opening to save each other image in our heads. He gently lifts his hands to my face, tucks my messy hairs behind my ears. He is so gentle. I blush. I can feel the heat on my cheeks. It is the sweetest moment. His hand is so close to my face, I want to hold it and let it touch my cheek. I want to feel his gentleness.

And of course my sweet moment doesn’t last.

“What are you two doing here?” – a very familiar voice disturbs us, AGAIN.

Great! My master again! How the hell did he find this place? And why does he have to appear right at this moment? If my prince is destined to bring me happiness, my master is definitely destined to destroy my happiness. I am having a romantic moment right here and he has to come to destroy it.

ARG! I should kill him with kimbab earlier so he can stop annoy me.

“Nothing. I just treat Ji Hyo an ice-cream” – My prince answers.

“What are you doing here?” – My master asks my prince.

“I am filming for a new drama.”

“Then what are you doing here with my maid?” – My master asks, arrogantly

“I met her earlier by coincidence and she seems to have a tough day so I take her for an ice-cream.”

“What is so tough about today? She only played around.” – My master states.

He definitely tries to irritate me. How did he just say that I only played around? He really doesn’t see how rough today to me? I have to walk outside the house with this ridiculous outfit then becomes model and actress out of my will. They were all his faults and now he just made an irresponsible statement like that.

Heaven please keep me strong or I am seriously going to murder him in front of my prince.

“She does look tired. You shouldn’t make her wearing the maid costume outside the house next time to avoid unnecessary misunderstanding.” – My prince tells my boss

Awe. My prince just speaks up for me. How sweet! He is totally reliable. If I am his girlfriend one day, I know he will protect me very well. Even the thought of being his girlfriend makes my heart flutter. I can’t hide the admired smile toward my prince.

“It is not a costume. It is uniform and you have no right to interfere how I treat my maid.” – My master says, haughtily then suddenly grabs my wrist. – “Let’s go” – he demands me then pulls me away.

I furiously shake his hand off my wrist. I really hate how he just randomly pulls me away like this – “What are you doing?” – I yell but he doesn’t loosen his grip even a tiny bit, keeps dragging me away.

In the middle of my struggle, my prince suddenly walks to us, pulls my master’s hand off my wrist. - “It is not a right way to treat a lady” – my prince coolly says.