Chapter 13 - I found my prince

Reversed Cinderella Story

My master stops his step and staring at my prince, irritated. – “I didn’t know that you like to put your nose in other people’s business that much.”

“I don’t. But it is Ji Hyo. I can’t look away.” – My prince says.

It is the coolest thing that I have ever heard. “Because it is Ji Hyo?” Oh dear, how can he says it that cool? Don’t need too much explanation, just because it is me so he doesn’t care to irritate his best friend. Does it mean I am special to him? I really hope so.

“So what? Do you like her?” – My master arrogantly asks.

“What if I do?” – My prince calmly answers

Wait! What? Did my prince just admit that he likes me? Seriously? I stare at him in surprise. He really just stated that, in front of my master, in front of me.

My master is in shock for a moment. He stares at my prince without a blink. They both are staring at each other and I feel like electric is shooting through their eyes. They are both very tense. I have a good sense to not break their scary silence.

“Fine, take her with you then.” – My master coldly says then walks away, leaving me alone with my prince.

I really don’t know what to do now. Should I follow my angry boss?  I still have to go back to his place tonight. Or maybe not, he pisses me up too much today for me to just come back to his place and serve him. Maybe he already fired me in his mind as he told my prince to take me. And am I some kind of good that anyone can take? More and more, I feel like my master doesn’t treat me as a human being, more like his possession. It really pisses me off.  

“I’m sorry for his rude behavior.” – My prince softly tells me.

“You don’t have to. I am used to it.” – I say out of politeness but there is no way I can used to that kind of rude behavior. My prince was right, it wasn’t the way to treat a ladies. My master stepped over the line.

“Can I take you home?” – My prince offers.

“But you are still working.”

“That’s fine. I only have 1 scene left, if you don’t mind, let’s go to my filming set together and I will take you home after that.”

“Is it a bother?” – I ask, hesitated.

He smiles lovingly at me and shakes his head. – “Not at all. Let’s go.”

I follow him back in his filming set. He asks his manager to take care of me then gets back to filming. How nice of him! Even when he is busy, he still makes sure that I am taken care of. I sit on a corner and watch him acting. He is very focus when he works. It likes he becomes a different person, so into his role. His facial expressions before and after the word “action” are totally different. He is a true actor. I feel so fascinated. I kind of like acting now. He is such an inspiration.

He is very nice to his co-worker as well. I think the girl that is acting with him is a newbee so they have a lot of NG and have to keep repeating the same scene over and over again. However, he is very patient. I don’t see even a bit frustration on his face. He even encourages that girl. He also doesn’t forget to give me some quick smile after every cut to make sure I am ok. He is truly thoughtful. I am quite touched from his gesture.

His filming finally ends. He says goodbye to his filming crew then quickly walks to me.

“Let’s go home now.”

I nod and follow him to his car.

“Where should I take you to?” – He asks.

Where? I am not sure. Should I come back to my master house? I pretty sure my master already considered me fired. I can’t come back to his house. OH right! I still have my rooftop place. It is not the best place to sleep but at least I don’t have to deal with my master for the night. Seeing him will only anger me more. I tell my prince the address and his manager takes us there.

It only takes about 20 minutes to get to my place. The car stops in front of my building. He opens the car door for me and offers his hand to help me step out of the car. Such a classic gentle man gesture but it is still sweet. This is the first time we hold hand even just a quick one but I can tell his hand is really soft. My heart skips a beat.

“Where is your place?” He asks

I point to the rooftop.

“You live on the rooftop?”

I nod.

“Ok, let’s me walk you up there.” – He offers.

“You don’t have to.” – I say, feeling bad since it’s already late

“I insist.” – He smiles.

If he insists, I can’t say no then especially with two little dimples keep showing up and say hi to me.

I remember why I hate this place. There is absolutely no elevator and it is not easy to climb up three levels with my high heels on. But my prince is still patiently follows me.

“We are here. I want to invite you inside my place but it is too small for a big star like you.” – I tell my prince as we stand in front of my place.

“I wouldn’t mind.” – He smiles.

“But I do plus your manager is waiting down there.” – I say.

“Ok but let’s see each other again.”

Did he just ask me out? Of course, he asked me out. I am supper happy. I have to try really hard to not jump up and down in front of him.

“Sure, let’s do that Si Won – ssi.” – I try to stay calm

“Call me oppa. I am older than you right?” – He asks

Of course I will call him oppa. I always want to call him oppa but I was worry that we haven’t been that close yet. I am so excited. We make a lot of progress today.

“Sure … oppa.” -  I shyly say.

The suddenly he lifts my hand up and rubs my wrist. “Did he hurt you earlier?” – He asks, concerns.

I can’t help but stare at him as an idiot. His face is so sincere. He truly cares about me. I even forgot that my master hurt my wrist with his tight grip earlier but my prince doesn’t forget. I care for me even in the smallest detail. I am very touched.

“I’m ok. Thank you.” – I smile.

He looks up at me. Our eyes met. His hand is still gently holding my wrist. My heart stops beating for a moment. My nose stops breathing for a moment. My body stops moving for a moment. I freeze in his gentle stare. Then suddenly, he pulls me closer to him. My chest meets his chest. His left hand is on my waist as his right hand is still holding my wrist.

Our eyes still haven’t left each other. His face is moving closer to mine and before I know it his lips is already on mine. My heart thuds fast against my ribcage. I close my eyes as he starts moving his soft lips on mine.  All my tiredness and frustration are suddenly disappeared only fireworks remain in my head. His kiss is so gentle, so sweet that I really want to hold him back when he releases the lock.

I am speechless.

My heart beats so fast that I have to put my hand on my chest to calm it down.

“I’m sorry. Was it rude of me? It’s just that you are too beautiful tonight and I can’t help but …” – He desperately explains.

I guess he feels guilty looking at my idiot expression so before he can finish his sentence, I presses my lips on his. He is surprise for a moment but then he responds to my kiss, more passionate than the first time I am sure. He doesn’t stop at the outer lips anymore. He separates my lips with his tongue to make an entrance inside my lips. I let him in, let his sweet taste melt all over by mouth. It’s probably the longest kiss that I have ever had. I even am surprised of my lung capacity.

We finally release our kiss. We are both breathless but it still doesn’t feel like enough. He embraces me tightly in his arms. After the kiss, I get more courage and tight my hand behind his back. It is definitely freezing outside but my heart feels warmer than ever maybe because it is so close to his heart.

He gently pushes me out, facing him then looks at me, sincere – “Sorry for asking this after kissing but will you be my girlfriend? I know it is such a rush as we only meet a few times but I know we are fated to be together. I meet hundreds of girl every day in my life but your face is the only one remained in my head after the first meet. I think about you every day after that time. I even prayed God to let me see you again. I think God really responds to my wish. It is fine if you need time to think just don’t say no for now.” – He says, sweetly.

I am speechless from his confession. I never expect it to come this quick or even come at all. He really just confessed to me, the most honest and sweetest confession ever. After the kiss and everything he has done for me today, how can I say no?

“I am not planning to say no.” – I smile at him.

“Really” – He happily squeals and pulls me back to his arms, embraces me even tier than before.

“N-ne” – I softly answer in his arm.

We are standing under the cold night for a really long while but neither of us feels cold. We are very warm because we have each other now.

 I finally found my prince.

Or do I?