Chapter 5 - What kind of person are you, Kim Jae Joong?

Reversed Cinderella Story

“Your breakfast is ready.” – I knock on his door as I done preparing breakfast.

I wait for a few minutes but there is no answer. I knock again.

“Call me master if you want me to answer from now on.” – He answers from inside the room.

This guy must be very into Japanese manga. Just what kind of world that he thinks he is living in to ask me to call him master? Even my father didn’t have that kind of ridiculous request to our housemaid. My temper is about to explode. However, since I am working for him right now, I will let it slide and call him whatever he wants.

“Your breakfast is ready, MASTER” – I stress the word master so he can understand that I am not pleased.

The door is immediately opened, like he has been hiding behind the door and just waited for me to call him master then pops it right open.

“Good girl.” – He happily pats my head like a puppy. – “Did I say that you look lovely in the uniform? I bought 7 of them with 7 different colors, you can change it every day” - Despites the fact that I clearly rolls my eyes at him, he happily laughs.

Such a ert! Working for this guy only one morning already teaches me so much patience.

 “Wow, they look delicious. You surprise me my maid. I didn’t expect that you can cook.” – He praises with his eyes wide open from surprise.

“If you didn’t think I can even cook, why did you hire me then?” – I am paranoid.

“I already told you, because you are pretty.”- He frankly states.

I shake my head, speechless from his answer.

“Let’s sit down and eat together.” – He signals me to sit down on the chair next to him.

“Isn’t a maid shouldn’t eat on the same table with the master?” – I arrogantly state.

“I don’t like to eat alone. Just eat together ok?” – He looks at me and smiles.

His smile is brighter than a sun plus the way he looks at me is so sincere, I just can’t say no. But I slap myself back to my sense immediately. I can’t let myself waiver because of this ert. I actually can understand why he doesn’t like to eat by himself though.

 Human feels most lonely when they are eating alone. Breakfast is the time when family gathers together and has a little talk to give each other good spirit to start the day. I also hate eating by myself. I grew up with it. My father was always busy and I had to eat alone most of the time. Even though the butler and maids kept attending by my side, still, I feel lonely. I was desperate for someone to talk to, someone to laugh with in the meal but I was too proud to ask for company. I just quietly ate my meal.

My master seems to be lonely, maybe he has to eat alone often too. He is desperate for some company, just like me before. I should at least do this for him. Everybody deserves a good company to have breakfast with.

“Wow it’s really good. It is not easy to find a pretty girl that can cook nowadays. You must be good at a lot of thing don’t you?” – He brightly asks

“Don’t expect so much from me. Besides cooking, I am clumsy at all other housework.” – I crankily respond.

“It’s ok. I only need good meals. I am very grumpy if I’m not fed well.”

“Don’t worry. I will feed you well just tell me what you like to eat and I can cook pretty much everything.” – I confidently answer.

“Really? Are you going to cook for me every day?” – He looks at me with the eyes of an excited kid.

“Isn’t it what you hire me for?” – I frown.

“Yeah, but still, I am happy to eat home cook meal every day.” – He smiles brightly at me.

I unconsciously smile back at him. He has charm. I have to admit that. No matter how much I hate him, I just can’t resist his charm. He has some kind of devil force that can warm people heart with his smile. It is probably how he gets girl. I’m back to my sense again.

“So tell me, why did you come to Korea?” – He asks.

“To follow my dream.”

“What is your dream?” – He looked at me, eyes curious.

“Being a maid.” – I sarcastically answer.

“Haiz … ya .. being serious can you? Who want to be a maid?” – He frowns.

“Me.” – I cunningly answer.

“Whatever. But are you seriously don’t know who I am?”

“I really don’t. I already told you I didn’t watch much Korean entertainment.” – I scowl.

“That’s fine but you should at least know something about your master, don’t you think? Turn the TV on, I believe there is a broadcast of my performance on SBS right now.” – He demands.

I don’t really have interest in his life but I am supposed he is right, I should at least know who my master is. I turn on the TV with the channel that he requested. The M.C is introducing the band call JYJ. According to the MC, JYJ is the hottest boyband in Korea and Japan with three handsome members Kim Jae Joong, Park Yoo Chun, and Kim Jun Su. Kim Jae Joong is my master, I suppose.

“Are they talking about your band?” – I look at him and ask

“Just keep watching.” – He grins.

As the M.C ended the introduction, the stage is revealed. He is right in the center with his blondest hair. He is very attractive in the suit jacket without the undershirt and doesn’t even bother to button the jacket. He purposely shows up his six packs body. No wonder the audiences go crazy with their squealing, mainly girl. He introduces me his bandmates which are Yoo Chun and Jun Su. They are both good looking but I have to admit that Jae Joong is the most handsome one out of three. He looks very cool when he is performing. The song name “Creation” I think. My master is very concentrated, very emotional, and very cool as he sings. My heart skips a several beats. His image on the stage right there is totally different with his ert personality at home. If I didn’t know him in person, I probably would die to take him as my prince.   

“How you like it?” – He asks me as the performance ended.

“It’s ok.” – I arrogantly answer, just to piss him off.

And he is really pissed off. He frowns at me – “What do you mean that it’s ok? It was perfect. Don’t you see how many fans were crazy about me?” – He raises his voice

“Because they don’t know you in person. I think they will cry out of disappointment if they know who you really are.” – I throw him a stare then stand up and take the dishes to the sink.

My clumsiness immediately takes its chance. A dish slides straight out of my hand as I pick it up. It falls to the floor and is broken to pieces. I immediately bend down to collect the broken pieces but the sharp edge cuts right on my ring finger. “Ouch” – I squeal.

Instantly, he pulls my body up, takes my bleeding finger and puts in his mouth.

“Are you crazy?” – I squeal. What is wrong with this guy? How can he just my bleeding? And what the hell is my feeling right now? My face is hot. My heart beats fast.

“Your finger is bleeding. It needs to be sanitized. My mother always does this when I was kid.” – He innocently answers

“Do you even have any common sense? Do you know how much bacteria human saliva content?”- I yell at him.

He stares at me then pulls my hand to the sink and washes it. And with his hand still holding mine, he takes out the first aid kid, wipes my finger clean then applies a bandage on. I can’t help but keep staring at him. He is very concentrated on sanitizing my finger. He even blows air on my wound. I don’t know if he even understands that his blowing thing is very unnecessary for my cut wound. However, he looks cute as he does that. I unconsciously smile looking at him taking care of my finger. This man is quiet interesting. Sometimes he is a ert but another time he is so nice and innocent.

Just what kind of person he really is?

“You really didn’t lie when you said you couldn’t do anything but cooking, didn’t you?” – He looks up at me and asks after applying a bandage on my finger.

I am truly embarrassed. I know that I am clumsy but break a dish on the first day of work really break my record.

“Yes, so what? Do you still want to hire me?” – I arrogantly yell to hide my embarrassment.

He laughs. “Why not? I only need a good cook. Everything else, you can learn in process.” – He says then stands up and gets the broom and cleans the broken dish by himself.

“You should just let me do it.” – I say, feeling bad as letting my master do my job.

“It’s ok. Just take it as a lesson, look at how I clean the broken dishes and do it next time ok?” – He grins at me.

Darn, I hate his grin. He is just too handsome when he does that.

I feel bad sitting down as he cleaning up so I try to put the dishes on the sink. But when I turn on the water to wash the dishes, he stops me.

“Let’s me do it. You wound is still fresh. It is not good to contact with water so soon.” – He says, pushing me away from the sink and starts cleaning the dishes.

“I’m ok. It’s a small wound.” – I frown. I feel like he treats me as a handicap even though the wound is obviously minor.     

He stops and looks at me strictly – “I am the master and I order you to let me do it. Just listen to me.” – Then he continues washing the dishes.

I hate to be demanded but weird enough I think he was hot when he gave me the command. Oh My God. My head is about to explode from all the confused emotions that he puts me through in one day.

“Fine, do it yourself then. I will go rest in my room.” – I crankily say, trying to get away from him before my mind getting burned from his hotness. Just what kind of man that look so attractive even when he is doing the dishes.

Gosh. I am seriously about to go crazy.