Chapter 8 - Goodnight, my prince

Reversed Cinderella Story

My prince is seriously the perfect gentleman. He puts the food on my plate first before taking one for himself.

“What is this call? It is so delicious.” – My prince compliments.

I am so happy that I can’t hide the big smile. What is better than hearing your dream man compliment your food right? I heard a saying that “The best way to a man heart is through his stomach.” I guess I am walking the right path. I can’t take my eyes off him and he looks like he enjoys my food very much, not just an empty compliment.

Gougères” – I says, smile pleasantly at him and as responded, his dimples are visible again. I can’t help but feeling breathless from his gentle smile.

“What is so good about it? Too much cheese!” – Again, my rude master has to ruin my lovey dovey moment. This time, I can’t control myself in front of my prince anymore. I threw a sharp glaze at my boss. – “You were that one said that you like cheese.” – I scowl.

“But this is too much cheese.” – He complains, his face is so sulky. He doesn’t even have the gut to look at me and kept putting more Gougères in his mouth. Why does he keep eating it if he doesn’t like it? What is into him today? He is normally just a ert but he wasn’t this rude. He loved my food most of the time. Is it really something wrong with my food today? I put a bite of Gougères into my mouth and I swear it is flawless. I am rather proud of myself for making it that delicious.    

“What are you taking about? This is perfect.” – My prince scolds my master.

Awe, thank you, my prince. He even takes my side in front of his best friend. A man should be like that, always willing to defend for the right.

“Whatever.” – My master arrogantly says, continues filling his mouth with Gougères.

Look at his attitude! So annoying! I can’t stand his arrogant behavior and take the dish of Gougères away from him.

“Have more Si Won – ssi.” – I put the dish in front of my prince and offer sweetly.

“I am eating it.” – My master squeals with annoyance.

“You said you didn’t like it. Then you should let other eat it then.” – I states annoyed.

“But I don’t like other have what belong to me.” – My master says and steals the plate back.

Whoa! Just what kind of man is that? So selfish and arrogant. I feel bad for my prince has to be in the middle of this.

“I am sorry on behalf of my ill manner master.” – I tell my prince.

He laughs. Oh Dear, he is even more handsome when he laughs, his face is brighter than the sun, so shiny that dazzles my eyes.

“Don’t worry. I’m used to it. Does he always give you hard time at home?” – My prince gently asks me, considerate.

“Yes he always does. Do you see what he makes me wearing?” – I take the opportunity to complain.

“He does? But the uniform looks rather cute on you though.”

My prince just complimented me. YES! He just said I was cute. My master used to say the same thing but how come it was so ert hearing from my master but so sweet hearing from my prince?

 Attitude does make difference.

“But if he is giving you a hard time in the future, just give me a call ok? I will teach him a lesson.” – My prince says.

“But I don’t have your phone number.” – I slur the words out and regret it immediately. Did I just ask for his phone number? Did I come out too strong? He might just offer it out of politeness. Darn it! Now he definitely looks at me as a desperate little girl. Why am I so stupid? Stupid? I beat myself up inside my head for about 100 times for being so desperate already.

“Can I borrow your phone?” – He asks.

I look at him in surprise but still obediently giving him my cellphone.

He presses in some numbers and makes a call out.

“Here, now you have my phone number.” – He smiles, giving me back my cellphone. – “Call me whenever he mistreats you or even when he doesn’t, you can just call and talk to me.”

OMG. Did we just exchange phone number? AWESOME!!!! This is going smoother than I expected. Even the way he asked for my phone number is different, so natural, and so gentleman. Unlike my master, the first time he asked for my number, he just randomly stole the phone from my hand and putted his number in, even saved himself as “Master” in my phone without my permission then told me to only call him in case of emergency. Of course I will call him in case of emergency only. It is tough enough to talk to him every day at home, what made he thought that I have interest to talk to him when he was not around? But why am I even complaining for? My boss doesn’t have common sense in the first place.     

  “Ya, what are you doing? You are coming here to have dinner with me or flirting with my maid?” – Again, my discourteous master interrupts my precious moment with my prince. He should take a hint that I and my prince would like a private moment already but of course he has to make everything about himself. He always has to be the center of attention to the point that he scolds his best friend who just courteously offered help to a pitiful girl like me.

“Why are you being so paranoid today? Do you have problem with me talking to your maid? Do you have special interest in her?” – My prince frankly asks.

Whoa! I never expect that from him. My prince is so straight forward. I don’t know where he took the hint that my master has interest in me but I am rather curious too. For some reasons, my heart is kind of anticipating on his answer.

There is a moment of silent. I hold my breath, waiting for my answer.

“Why are you asking something silly like that? How can I have interest in a maid? I am Kim Jae Jong. Thousands of rich and pretty girls want a piece of me. What make you think that I have my eyes on a maid like her?” – He conceitedly answers.

I am mad. Or sad? I am not sure. A little of both I guess. Why am I feeling sad? It is not like I have feeling for him. What did I expect? Did I expect him to say yes? Of course not. That would be the last thing I want to hear. I should feel release that he doesn’t like me. I don’t want to involve with that ert neither. I hate him so much. One day when I already have my prince, I will reveal my real identity and laugh on his face. I am the richest girl that he can possibly see in this world. He will regret what he just said today. My head is burning with anger. I already burned him into ashes with the flame inside my head but somehow my heart is heavy. It is sinking down low past my stomach. What kind of feeling is that?

Arg. I hate my stupid heart. Maybe I should get a heart implant, trading my stupid malfunctioned heart for something more logical because I not at all like the weird feeling that I am having right now.

“Then why are you annoyed about me talking to your maid then?” – My prince asks, pulling me out of my bewildered mind.

“I am not annoyed about you talking to her. I am annoyed because you didn’t pay attention to me.” – My master raises his voice.

“Ya. Are you a girl? Are you jealous of her because of me? Act more like a man, can’t you?” – My prince scowls.

Go My Prince! He just says exactly what I wanted to scream at my master. Just what kind of reason is that? I know he loves attention but this is still too childish even for him. I narrow my eyes, look at him in disgust and stand up to get the main dish, leaving the two of them conversing.  

“When are you leaving for China again?” – My master asks my prince as I put the main dish down on the table.

“I just done filming there last week. My agency wants me to stay in Korea for a while to prepare for Super Junior comeback album so I am probably not leaving anytime soon.” – My prince answers

“Are you a celebrity too?” – I inoffensively ask my prince.

He laughs hard again. – “Don’t you know who I am?” – He looks at me and asks

I innocently shake my head

“Don’t be surprise! She is alien from different planet. She didn’t know who I was at first neither.” – My master explains.

“Interesting!” – My prince looks at me and smiles. – “Yes, I am a celebrity too. You can search the name Choi Si Won. You will know who I am. I will be pleasure if you take time to listen to my music. I will send some to you later. Is it alright?” – He politely asks

“Sure, I love to.” – I excitedly answer.

“What you mean you love to? I don’t have any interest in Korean music. I kept asking you to listen to my music but you never do.” – My rude master states, annoyed.

Darn this guy. He is really trying to ruin my chance with my prince or something. It is true that I don’t have interest in Korean music but I wouldn’t mind to listen to my prince’s music. The reason I don’t want to listen to my master music because he kept singing all the time inside the house. I kept an amazing patient to keep listening to him practicing and he wanted me to listen more of his performance?

 PLEASE!!!!!!

 My tolerance does have limit.

“Don’t listen to him. I would love to listen to your music.” – I quickly tell my prince.

“That’s good to hear. I will send you some songs in my single tonight. Please listen to it before going to sleep.” – He smiles.

Awe! Did he want to send me to sleep in his voice? How sweet! Of course I will fall asleep in your voice my prince.

The dinner eventually ends. My prince spent most of the time talking to me instead of my master. My master was obviously cranky but I was of course couldn’t be happier.

I send my prince to the gate before leaving, he tells me goodnight and send me the sweetest smile as the goodnight gift. I am totally having a goodnight, my prince. I stand on the gate and keep waving my hand until his car totally disappears in the dark.

Goodnight, my prince.