His best friend is my prince

Reversed Cinderella Story

After 2 hours of hardworking, I am finally done preparing dinner. I decided go French today. I have big passion for French food. Not only that they are delicious but also fun to call too. Yes, I am that easy to entertain. The appetizer that I cook is Gougères which are the small cheese puffs made from choux pastry. The main course is Boeuf Bourguignon. It is my favorite dish that is made with tender beef cooked slowly in red Burgundy wine together with mushrooms and carrots. Last but not least is Mousse au chocolat, simply called chocolate mousse. It is the perfect dessert for my boeuf Bourguignon. I put so much effort in preparing the meal; hopefully my master and his weird friend will know how to appreciate my food.

It is 7 sharp and the doorbell is ringing. This guy is really punctual. I will him A plus for that.

“Please get the door.” – My master demands from his room. He is probably still changing. I shake my head with his style of host. He should get ready way before his guest come but he didn’t. He decided to hang around my kitchen to supervise my cooking.

 I am really paranoid by that. When I cook, I prefer the whole kitchen for myself. Back home, my kitchen staff was about 6 people, they always tried to help me when I cooked but I always kicked them out. I found it annoyed when people looking at my cooking. However, I couldn’t kick my master away because he is my master. I did try but he was too thick face, kept standing around and picking on my food. I had to slap his hand for him to stop eating my Gougères. He is really worse than a kid. Then when it was about time his friend came, he decided to take shower. I really doubt that he has any common sense.

Anyway, ignoring my idiot master, I am walking to the front gate to greet his best friend.

“Annyeonghaseyo” – I bowed 90 degree at his friend before even looking at his face.

“Annyeonghaseyo” – He gently greets me back. His voice is very familiar, like I heard it elsewhere.

I lift my head up and look at him.

 OMG.

It is him.

 It is him.

“My prince.” – The word blurts out of my mouth before I am able to put my soul back to my head.

 It is really my prince, my Si Won prince, the prince that I met at the airport. I rub my eyes several times to make sure that I am not dreaming.

“Aren’t you the one at the airport?” – He asks, smiles widely.

It is really him, and the best part is, he recognized me. Heaven really heard my pray and finally send the prince to me. What makes it more perfect is I am a maid, a perfect Cinderella. The prince finally comes to rescue me from my ert master.

Thousand thanks to my Godmother fairy.

“Yes, it’s me. I can’t believe that I am seeing you again. What are you doing here?” – I ask, can’t hide my excitement.

“This house owner is by best friend and he invited me over for dinner. How about you?” – He eagerly asks as we walking on the stair way.

“I am a maid here.” – I brightly answer.

“Maid? Really? When I saw you at the airport, you didn’t look like a kind of person that wants to be a maid.” – He asks, surprise.

I can’t blame him for being surprise. I did look expensive in the airport. Even my suitcases were Louis Vuitton. I really don’t know how to explain to him.

“Thing happens.” – I say. It is my excuse for everything.

I am so flustered that I didn’t watch my step and strip on my own heel again. I don’t really know what is wrong with me neither. Even though I am a maid but I can’t give up my high heels. Marilyn Monroe once said that “Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.” I believe high heels are my right shoes and I need them to conquer the world. However, I have to rethink about Ms. Monroe advice; those high heels didn’t seem to help me to conquer any world but instead making me look like a clumsy girl in front of my prince. And for the second time, my prince stops me from falling. Just like the first time, he holds me gently by my waist with his right arm, looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes.

“I told you to be careful last time, didn’t I?” – He softly says, smiling sweetly at me with his two deep dimples.

Oh My Lord, I don’t want to get up. I only want to stay in this position forever, in his strong warm arm, looking at his God like face, inhaling his fresh sweet scent.

“What are you two doing?” – My master yells, standing on the top of the stairway.

Great, someone always has to interrupt our romantic moment and of course it has to be my ert master. I really want to jump to my master and crash his face with my claw but I have to calm myself down since the prince is present.

“Nothing, just try to prevent her from falling.” – He tells my master then gently helps me to stand up. – “Are you ok?” – He sweetly asks me. His voice is so gentle. What a perfect package! I can’t get my envy eyes off him.

“Yes, thank you.” – I answers with the softest voice that I can make.

“You two stood in that position for 10 minutes. Do you think you are filming some kind of romantic drama?” – My master scowls.

“I wouldn’t mind to film a drama with this beautiful lady.” – My prince looks at me lovingly again. Oh my dear! How can he be so nice, so handsome, so gentleman, and so sweet like that? He is the definition of perfection.

“Stop with your cheesy line and come inside for the dinner already.” – My master grumpily says and walks inside the house first.

What an ill manner man! How could he throw that attitude at his best friend? And what has my prince ever done wrong? He only tried to be a gentleman. I wonder how a perfect guy like my prince could be best friend with a weirdo like my master. The only thing they have in common is good looking.

“Let’s go inside.” – He says, letting me walk inside first.

I quickly got inside and set up the table.

“Wow it is an amazing table set up.” – My prince says.

Yay, he noticed my table setting. How amazing! Not much people giving much attention on table set up but he does. Such a classy man! One more plus more him.

“That is the least a maid can do” – My master coldly says.

Wow I can’t believe he just said that. He takes my hard work for granted. He should know that not everybody know how to create a good table setting. It is art. I really want to throw the dish that I am holding on his face. Such an ungrateful boss! I didn’t have to take time to fold each napkin to swan sharp but I did to save his face and this is what I got. Fine, let see from now on if I will ever take my time to do anything nice for you.

“You are really talented, Miss …” – My prince stops. Oh right, I never introduce my name to him. I always ended up speechless every time I see him for some reason. Maybe because my mind was too busy observing his charm to function correctly.

“Song Ji Hyo” – I quickly says.

“Even your name is pretty.” – He smiled sweetly at me again. Did he just say even my name is pretty? So he meant that I am pretty. Oh dear! How can he be so sweet with his words?

“What is so pretty about that name?” – Again, my rude master interrupted my sweet moments and pulls me down from my pink cloud. People say “if you have nothing nice to say then just don’t say anything”. I think my boss never heard that quote before. And what is wrong with him? Why is he being such a bully today? He normally isn’t that bad. This guy is so hard to figure.

 “Here is your appetizer.” – I said, soft voice, while putting down the dish of Gougères for my master and my prince.

“Why don’t you sit down with us Song Ji Hyo –ssi?” – My prince nicely offered.

I am about to happily sit down next to my prince but of course my master has to ruin it again. “A maid shouldn’t eat with her master.”

He literally just said that. He was the one that kept begging me to eat with him every day but now he uses my own words against me. Just what is wrong with him? I really want to scream that question on his face.

“What are you talking about? What century are we living in already? All human are equal.” – My prince frowns at my master – “Ji Hyo – ssi, please ignore him and sit down here. The dinner is more fun with more company right?” – He smiles and signals me sit down on the chair between them.

I swear to God I am charmed by his smile. Every time I see those two dimples visible on his face, I couldn’t see, couldn’t hear, couldn’t feel anything else but him and nicely do what he tells as a well-trained puppy. I sat down despite that fact that my master is displeased. Who care about that ill-manner guy? Even if he is going to fire me tomorrow, it will be fine to me because I finally meet my prince charming again.