Chapter 16 - Something wrong with my heart

Reversed Cinderella Story

It has been half an hour and I am still being prepped for the interview by Ji Soo oppa. How can there be so many questions? I swear there are about 100 questions. I carefully take note of all the questions so in case I forget, I can have my cheat sheet. I know that Ji Soo oppa is being careful but sill, there are too much questions. Will the reporters actually ask all of them? Some of the answer is totally untrue. Like how is the relationship between me and Jae Joong. Obviously our relationship is not good at all. Cat and dog is the best term to describe out relationship right now. However, I have to answer that our relationship is very good. Jae Joong is a very nice sunbae that helps me – a newbee all the time. I know the answer is necessary to protect Jae Joong’s image but it is still too much. I am not comfortable to lie to that extend at all. He is nothing close to nice.

 My head is hurt. I am good at studying but still, putting too much information in my head at the same time is miserable. I don’t think I can go through with this. Is it too late to run away? Should I just excuse myself to the restroom and run away from the backdoor? It doesn’t sound like a bad plan but then Ji Soo oppa and that stupid Jae Joong will be in trouble.

Haiz.

 What am I getting myself into? I am having a headache. I even hear ringing noise inside my head. Oh no, it is not the sound inside my head, it is actually my phone ringing. Who is calling me this time of the day? Hopefully, not my father. If it is him calling me, probably to let me know that 20 body guards are on their way to pick me up. I am praying it is not him.

Thank God. It is really not him but my prince. Finally, the light at the end of the tunnel. My prince calls me right at the moment that I need his support most, only his sweet gentle voice can ease the pain in my head right now.

 I pick up the phone without hesitation. – “Si Won oppa.” – I squeal, kind of loud that both Jae Joong and Ji Soo oppa stare at me in surprise. Jae Joong seems more irritated than surprise. Why does he even get irritated? Is it a crime to talk over the phone? Well. I am ignoring him for now because my prince voice sounds concerned.

“Are you ok Ji Hyo?” – My prince asks

“N-ne.” – I softly answer

“I read the news today. The reporters must be all over it. Where are you right now?” – My prince worries.

Awe, it is so sweet of him. I know he has a busy schedule but he still takes time to check on me while the person that causes me trouble is sitting right across from me but can’t even say a single nice word.

“I am at the Jae Joong’s agency right now. We are prepping for a press conference.”

“Press conference? About the incident?” – My prince asks but before I am able to answer, my phone is forcefully taken away in my surprise.

Of course only one rude person in this world is able to do that. Jae Joong takes my phone away without even asking my permission. Well, I think I should get used to it by now, he never asks my permission for anything. Still, it is so rude.

I try to take my phone back but he is too far away. I need longer arm. I give up. I am too tired to fight for now.

“Why are you calling my maid for?” – Jae Joong asks my prince over the phone, of course with his most arrogant attitude.

I have no idea what my prince said over the phone but next thing I know, Jae Joong squeals out loud – “Boyfriend? Are you kidding me? Since when”

Alright, I guess my prince just told Jae Joong about our dating news. I don’t understand why Jae Joong has to be to freak out about that? Is it that surprise for his best friend to date me?

Ignoring Jae Joong’s conversation with my prince, Ji Soo turns to me and whispers. – “Are you dating Choi Si Won? The Choi Si Won of Super Junior?”

I shyly smile and nod lightly.

Ji Soo oppa is so happy for me. He does the quiet scream – “Daebak, congratulation. You just dated the most wanted bachelor of Asia.”

“Really?” – I ask Ji Soo oppa in surprise. I seriously don’t know my prince is that popular. I mean I shouldn’t be surprise since my prince is so handsome and charming. But the most wanted bachelor of Asia is still a little too much to believe. It wouldn’t be too surprising if I date him when I was an heiress of a big corporation. But right now, I am just a maid, and the prince of Asia is really falling in love with me. Daebak! My dream finally comes true. I am finally a real life Cinderella. Fairy tale is totally real. Now I only need a pair of crystal shoes. It is actually not too hard to find. I believe Christine Louboutin has a pair of those in their special edition. I am definitely going to order them.

“Of course, don’t you even know who you are dating? Si Won is not only popular in Korea but in a lot Asia countries, especially China. They even print stamps with his face on it.” – Ji Soo oppa tells me.

“Wow, it is amazing!” – I can’t hide my surprise. First thing I am going to do after get out of the press conference is looking for my prince’s stamp. Then I will put that stamp on a mail and send straight to America so my father can see how amazing my prince is.

I am so happy just thinking about that but before I can fully enjoy my happiness, Jae Joong already disturbs me with the loud slam on the table.

“Why are you dating my best friend?” – Jae Joong stands up and asks after hanging up on my prince. He looks pretty serious. I know he is normally rude and weird but his facial expression right now is really different. It is more than irritated. I don’t know how to explain it but there is a flash of sadness in his eyes. I am not sure if I see it wrong but his furious voice can’t hide the sorrow in his eyes. Why is he sad though?

Omo. – “Are you jealous?” – I ask. To make it clear since Jae Joong is pretty dull head – “Are you in love with your best friend? Are you gay?” – I ask, try to be sensitive. Maybe it is the reason. That was why he got super irritated every time me and my prince together. I know there is something wrong with this guy. Oh dear! My prince is too charming that even man falls in love with him. This will be a tragic love triangle.

“Are you out of your mind?” – Jae Joong screams. Arg! It is so annoying. I hate people yelling at me the most. The room is so small why does he have to yell so loud? I am sure the entire agency can hear his voice. – “I am 100 percent man.” – He states, proudly pounding on his chest like an ape.

“Then why do you get upset?” – I ask.

Obviously, I ask the right question so he quietly sits down, speechless and looks away from me. His face looks kind of sad though. I somehow feel bad. He wasn’t even that upset about his scandal but why is he sad after hearing my dating news? Or the scandal only hits him just now? I am not surprised. His head is kind of slow. It must take a while to process. He probably only realizes how serious his problem is just now. My heart sinks a little looking at him like that.  I unknowingly release a long sigh. The room gets quiet. All three of us get quiet. I never see Jae Joong that quiet before. It is obviously less annoyed but why am I not feeling good at all? What is the ache in my heart right now all about? I am feeling uneasy.

“Show time.” – CEO Baek walks in and breaks the depressing atmosphere.

I wake up now. I almost forget that we are having a press conference. I still haven’t been able to remember anything. I look at the notes that I took in panic. Please ask me only those questions, otherwise I am totally done for.

I and Jae Joong move to the car together with Ji Soo oppa to get to the press conference. The reporters are still as noisy as when I walked in earlier. They really like flashing their camera and asking questions even though Ji Soo oppa keeps telling them no comment. Some of them like hooligans keep forcing their way to have a closer shot at us. They push at each other and push at us too. As a result, one of those crazy reporter steps on my feet.

Disaster is about to happen. I am about to fall in to the ground and stepped all over by those crazy reporters but Jae Joong quickly pulls me in his arm, preventing me from falling on the floor. My breath, my heart stops all together the moment my face touches his chest. Time seems to freeze at that moment. I can’t hear anything but his heartbeat. It is thudding very strong and fast. His left hand tightly holds my head and his right arm is firmly on my waist. I feel like I am moving but not on my own I think he drags me as my body temporary stops function for a moment. I don’t know how long I am in his chest but by the time I get my conscious back, we are already inside the car. My body starts functioning again but it rather overreacts. I finally am able to release my breath but I am breathing very hard. My heart beats again but it races excessively fast. My blood blows again at a marathon speed and somehow only runs toward my head. Something is serious wrong with my body. I should ask Ji Soo oppa changes direction to the hospital for me to get a checkup

 I think I am seriously ill.

Something is seriously wrong with my heart.