Chapter 2 - Hello Korea

Reversed Cinderella Story

After 15 long hours flight, I finally arrive at Incheon airport. My body is all ached from sitting for too long. I should write a complaint to this airline. I bought a first class ticket but the chair is not even half comfortable as my private jet and they didn’t even have organic chicken that I ordered. I mean, all the airplane company should have organic meat right? Who can eat the type of meat that has all kind of chemical?

 Yuck!

But it was not the worse part. Now I have to tumble around trying to look for my luggage. I normally didn’t have to do those kinds of things. My assistant would take care of my luggage while I’m waiting comfortably inside the coffee shop. But I don’t have him today so I have to do it by myself then.

I had to wait for thirty minutes before my luggage come out. They are super heavy. I have been struggled a while to put the 2 suitcases on the cart. I never use this cart before. Why is it so hart to control?

Arg, annoying!

Darn it, I think I positioned the luggage wrong. The one on top is about to fall down. I rush to catch it but my Christian Louboutin high heels don’t help at all. I shouldn’t wear high heels to the airport. Lesson learned, but too late, I trip on my own left heel. Darn it, it will be hurt as I fall. I close my eyes, accept my fate but I am not falling. I am still standing. A strong arm holds me by the waist.

“Are you ok?” – That person asks.

I open my eyes. Oh My God, this is definitely my prince charming. He is smiling at me, his dimples are cute, his teeth are white, and his eyes, Oh dear, it is the first time I see such a deep romantic dark eyes. How can a man look that perfect? He looks exactly like the prince that just walked straight out of my Cinderella story book. I can’t stop myself from staring at him despite that fact that a stranger is holding me in his arm and I’m still in the half falling position.

“Let’s go Si Won” – A man next to him rushes.

Darn it, why he has to ruin my romantic moment.

The prince helps me to stand up straight and puts my fallen suitcase back in place.

“Be careful next time” – He gently says, winked at me and waves goodbye.

Oh my dear, do you want to take my heart with you? How can you wink at me like that? My legs feel like cotton candy, can’t even stand up straight. His scent is still lingering around me. I wonder what kind of perfume he used. It smells so good.

I stand still looking at him disappearing to the crowd and realize that my idiot didn’t even say thank you. How ill manner of me! He must think of me as a weird rude girl.

Sob!

My prince just slid away in front of me even before I could say goodbye. How can fate be so cruel to me? Well, I shouldn’t blame fate. I should blame myself for being a big idiot. I am normally sharp and clever but why did I just froze as a dumb girl in front of my prince charming?

 At least I know his name. Si Won, I think?

Please look for me my prince. It is destiny that I’m your Cinderella. I will be waiting for you. It is definitely fate, right? How could he happen to be there and help me in the sea of thousand people? Who said fairy tale is unreal. I just proved that it’s real. The prince just appears in front of me right when I step down to Korea soil. Just what luck is that?

My father once told me that, if two people are fate to be together then regardless how far they are, they will end up together eventually. My father is indeed a wise man. That Si Won is definitely my destiny, and I will certainly see him again. But for now I have to get myself together and make a game plan for what I am going to do in Korea.

Yes, I had no plan whatsoever about what I am going to do in Korea. The idea just came to my mind and I grabbed my stuff and left. I am not really planning ahead kind of person. So, anyway, I should find a place to live first. My father has a villa in Seoul but I definitely can’t stay there. It will make it too easy for him to find me.

I had some Korean friends who are crazy about Korean drama told me that the main female character in Cinderella theme drama normally stays in rooftop kind of place. I always wonder what those places looks like. I never watch Korean drama by the way nor do I watch any Korean entertainment program for that matter. I’m American in blood and I grew up with American music and movies rather than Korean ones.

Anyway, I should go to real estate agency and look for the place then. I ask the taxi take me to the closest real estate agency and he drops me off at a shabby looking place. I walk inside with my luggage. A fat old man greets me with smile.

“What can I do for you pretty lady?” – He stands up from his messy old desk and asks me.

“I need to find a place to live, a rooftop kind of place.” – I bluntly requests.

He stares at me from head to toes then asks – “Are you sure you want that kind of place. You wore all expensive stuffs. I don’t think those places are suitable for you. Can I introduce you to some nicer apartment?” – He smiled lousily

It always annoys the crap out of me when people try to suggest thing that they think will be better for me. I am sure that I know what I want better than they do.

“Yes, I’m sure.” – I frown and don’t even bother to hide my annoyed glare.

He clears his throat as he takes offensive of my reaction.

“Fine, if it’s what you want young lady.” – He tries to put his smile on again.

He leads me to his car. It is an old 1999 Hyundai. I can’t believe people still drive this kind of car. I can’t help but cover my nose with my two fingers to stop the smell of cigarette from attacking my nose.

He glazes at me. I see how irritated his face is but I don’t care. I’m not used to hiding my expression. There is no point for that. People should know how I feel right? My father said I was simple minded but I see nothing wrong about that. The world will be such a simple place if everybody just expresses their emotion freely. Why do we have to mask our expression? It is too fake and too complicated, totally not my style.

We finally arrive at the destination. It is a very old and run down building. There is no elevator. I have to climb up three stories to get to the place that so call rooftop apartment. The old real estate agent breathes hard as he reaches the top even though he asked me to go ahead and he stood back to breathe for more than 3 times.

Wow, this is really rooftop. It’s on top of the roof. The place is super small. The whole living room, bedroom, and kitchen are in one place, only the tiny bathroom is separated with the little door. This whole apartment is not even half size of my bathroom.

“Did people really live in this tiny place?” – I frown in disgust.

“Yes that’s why I ask if you are sure that you want to live in the rooftop place.” – He gave me a sharp glare.

I clear my throat. Oh well, I guess this is where poor people live, perfect for a Cinderella wannabe like me. It is not ideal but I will deal with it, all for my Cinderella dream.

“I take it.” – I confidently state.

“Are you sure?” – He looks at me in wonder.

“Yes, I’m sure. Can I move in today? – I ask.

“Absolutely, just sign right here.” – He hands me the contract. Thanks for my father kept insisting me learning Korean, I at least understand what the contract says.

The old man is kind enough to bring the luggage to my new place.

I settle in, sit in the middle of the apartment and look around. Wow this is really where I am living from now on. I’m really amazed of myself too. If my father knows I’m living in the place like this, he definitely will grab my hair and pull me back to America.

Oh well, my prince, please be worth all the hardship that I am about to go through. I’m waiting for you.