Chapter 4 - Hello, my lovely maid

Reversed Cinderella Story

I decide to keep my rooftop apartment just in case I get fired from my job. Even though I am excited being a maid but I’m not really optimistic about my maid career. I never had to touch a chore in my life. I don’t even know how to turn the vacuum on. I just hope that my weirdo boss will overlook my clumsiness or I definitely am going to get fired on the first day.

However, I am confident about my cooking though. It is my passion. I can cook all kind of food from Asian to Western. It was my way to release stress. I remember the time I caught my ex-boyfriend cheated on me, I baked about 200 cupcakes from morning to dawn. My house workers were super happy eating all of those. We do have personal chief at our house but my father preferred me to cook for him at least once a week.

Talking about my father, just as I expected, he already bombed my email box with about 100 emails. That dear old man of mine probably was super frustrated. He started the first email with yelling. He actually capitalized all the words to make sure that I know he was angry. His temper seemed to cool down as he sent the other emails. From demanding me coming back, he changed to beg me to come back. He gave me all kind of reasons like Korea won’t be safe for me. I will have to deal with all kind of hardships. Whatever! I know he just misses me and he doesn’t want to say the words. My stubborn old man! I feel bad though but I stayed strong.

I replied his email and expressed my determination to stay in Korea. He knew how stubborn I am so he gave me a year. He said if I can’t find my prince in a year then I have to come back to America. He would use force to make it happen if he had to. I had no choice but agree with him. If I can’t my prince in one year, then it only makes sense for me to come back home.

Anyway, back to reality, I am standing in front of the house that I am living in from now on. I have been pressing the bells for 15 minutes but no one opens the door for me yet. I am not really good at waiting. I am attempting to ring the bell one last time; if the door still does not open, I will take my luggage back to my rooftop home.

Like heaven heard me, or maybe he had been sneakily observed me but the door is wide opened the moment I am turning away. No one come out and welcome me so I just let myself in. Darn the long stairway, I’m very struggled pulling my luggage up. That ill manner boss of me can’t even come out and give me a hand.

Oh wait! He is my boss. It is just fair that he does not help me. He is paying anyway. Haha silly me! I still stuck in my little princess world.

I finally make it inside the house. Before I can catch my breath, he already puts me in shock. He stands by the living room, leans his body on the wall, half . I understand it is his house and all but he should at least have a decency to put a shirt on when a girl is in present. I am honestly paranoid but I still have to admit the fact that he has a really nice body. He was skinny but his torso is like an ancient Greek God sculpture. His chest is full and muscular, his abs are the complete six packs.

I have to control myself from staring at his perfect body. Still, I don’t have good feeling about him.

 He looks at me, wet eyes, the playboy kind of eyes. “Hello my lovely maid.” – He says with the cheesiest kind of voice.

Is he thinking that he is in some kind of drama? This guy is not only a playboy but illusional as well. I should reconsider my decision being a maid here.

“Here is your uniform.” – He gently hands the clothes to me.

Oh dear God, he must be kidding me.

This uniform is literally bought from a Halloween store. It is the cosplay kind of maid uniform, the one is that often seen in Japanese manga, the one that is only long enough to cover the butts and short enough to show the whole length of legs together with the can-not-be-more-revealing top. He even gives me the over the knee white stockings to match the outfit.

“Are you kidding me right?” – I roll my eyes and raise my voice.

He grins and shakes his head. – “I never kid when it comes to uniform. Do you how difficult it is to find this uniform? My stylist had to run around all day yesterday to look for it. You should at least appreciate her hard work.”

“I never ask for you to look for my uniform. What the point of wearing uniform when I’m the only worker here? You know what the word uniform mean right? It means to put more than 1 person in unique kind of form. I am the only person here. Why do I need the uniform?” – I raise my voice, don’t even bother to hide my frustration.

He looks at me. I thought he would be frustrated from my yelling but it doesn’t seem like the case. He tilts his head, looks at me, and unexpectedly he tells me “Your room is over there, you can go ahead get change and start working. Come and report to me at the second floor when you done ok?” Then he walks upstairs, doesn’t give me the chance to response.

This guy is really weird. I sigh then walk to the room he pointed at earlier. It is a nicer room than I expected, doesn’t seem like a maid room. It is a full master bedroom with walking closet and full size bathroom. I even have a big latest model plasma TV on my room as well. I sit down on the bed and it is quiet comfy.

 Hm! This guy is nicer than I thought.

Alright, if wearing this uniform is what he likes then it is the least that I can do for him.

I look kind of cute in this maid uniform actually. It is rather revealing but not too bad. I kind of like it. I took a selfie. This may be my next Halloween costume.

I walk up stair to his room as he instructed. The lovely melody of piano is pulling me to a big spacy white room. He is sitting by the window, playing piano so handsomely. His silhouette looks dreamy covered by the morning soft sun ray. For a moment, I feel like he would be a perfect prince charming for me, so handsome, so dreamy. However, he pulls me right back to reality.

“I look very handsome, don’t I?” – He smiles, looking at me – “It took me forever to find this perfect spot. I think I’m look the best with this angle” – He confidently praises himself.  

Now I remember why he is not my prince charming. It’s not only that he is a ert for making me wearing this weird maid costume but he is also self-centric and illusional. His handsome appearance will never be able to make up for his weird personality. He is definitely out of the list for my prince charming. The prince ideal at least has to be Si Won, such handsome and gentleman kind of guy. Talking about Si Won, I don’t know when I will be able to meet him again in this huge city of Seoul. May fate lead him to find me again?

“Hey, do you hear me?” – He frowns as I forgot to response.

“Yeah, I do, what do you want me to do first?” – I ask.

“Answer my question first. Do I look handsome?” – He demands

“Sure you are, happy now?” – I answer, sarcastically

“Not totally satisfied with your response but I will let you pass for now.” – He frowns – “You can start with cooking my breakfast.”

“Sure” – I response then walk to the kitchen.

I am sensing a troublesome maidhood already. I don’t even want to think about what to come. Sigh …