Mistake.

It's Never Easy.

August 2015

Kai was walking with Krystal hand in hand along a park near the SMTown building.  It was an exhausting day as Krystal just finished rehearsals for their comeback. She was very busy these past days shooting for magazine covers as a group and for her individual endorsements. The departure of Sulli took a huge hit for the group although the public expected it but as a close friend of Sulli, Krystal was still affected. Kai also was busy for their upcoming overseas’ tours and the Tokyo Dome concert. It was the first time they’ve met ever since the photoshoot because during their recent SMTown concert, Krystal left early.

“I miss you so much I could die.” Kai said as she held her hand and kissed it. “Me too but you shouldn’t die or else I’ll die with you.” Krystal held his hand tightly and placed it inside her jacket. They both love when either of them initiates an affectionate act. They were known to have cold personalities but in reality, they’re warmhearted and that’s what they liked the most about each other.

“Are you free tomorrow?” Krystal asked. “No, but I have a few hours free in the morning before practice.” Kai replied while Krystal said enthusiastically, “That’s great, my mom’s pet is sick. Can you bring it at the vet’s near our place? Then we could meet for lunch at halmeoni’s before our practices at SMTown.”  “Anything for you princess, I need to meet up with the vet too for my pets’ schedule on their vaccines.” Kai answered as he hugged her.

“Can we pass by at Kamong’s? I miss unnie’s iced café latte. She makes it so good.” She was pouting acting in an aegyo way.  “I badly need it because this day’s been tough. She pleaded. “Well, she makes it really good when it’s you. Wait. Are you crazy? My fans are always there especially sasaengs plus the threats haven’t died down yet.”

“Yes. I’m totally crazy, crazily in love with you. They won’t recognize me. I’m in a disguised look right now.” Kai was flustered but still was worried. True, they were covered with jackets and caps but Kai thought it was dangerous. “Trust me, even if it’s just your eyes. You are incredibly attractive.” Kai responded. “We should stop this flattery thing plus your fans won’t harm me except maybe with words but I can handle it. They won’t recognize me though, trust me.” Krystal was explaining in a detailed way. “So, let’s call unnie then.” Kai was just shaking his head in amusement how his princess can be odd but still be charming.

Kai was calling her noona while Krystal was getting giddy like a kid,

“Unnie, annyeong!”

“Soojung-ah. We miss you. Rahee misses you too.”

“Can I go to your store now?”

“What? Together? Are you crazy? Kai’s sasaengs are here.”

“That sound’s fun. I’m crazy in love with your dongsaeng, that’s why.”

She face palms on the other line,

“What have you two been eating? Stop going on food trips.”

“Uhm noona, we’re not really a fan of the exotic cuisine but I think Soojung has gone crazy.”

“Noooo. I just miss unnie’s iced café latte so much and unnie too. Just act as if I’m your cousin. It’s like a challenge or what. I think Jongin will have a latte too. See you unnie.”

They went to Kamong’s with Kai driving and Krystal successfully got their iced coffees and luckily Kai’s fans were not trying to know who she was as she went in naturally. Kai’s noona handed the iced coffees and greeted her with a hug then Krystal handed out a small box that contained bracelets for Kai’s noonas and niece. “Thank you, please do visit us soon. I know you’re busy but Rahee misses you.” They said their goodbyes and Kai waited at the other side of road. He drove towards Krystal’s place and as they arrived, Krystal was sleeping soundly even when she finished the coffee immediately.

I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it…Kai thought.

“Soojung-ah, princess, we’re here. You need to sleep as soon as you reach your place okay?” Kai woke her up with Krystal in disheveled hair, she brushed up her hair. “You too, be safe in driving. See you tomorrow. I love you.” “I love you too.” He replied as he hugged and kissed her goodbye.

---

I’ll just bring food and we'll eat in the practice room. Kai texted Krystal the next day.Since both had tight schedules, Kai decided to call Halmeoni’s and have a delivery for their lunch at the SMTown building. As he went to the veterinary clinic, he passed by a bakery and bought Krystal’s favorites.  

“I’m gonna miss you so much.” Kai said as he was feeding Krystal gimbap while she opens the pastries. “Yes, breaaaad.” Krystal munches on the chocolate bread and as it was not intentional there was chocolate icing evident on Krystal’s lips. He found it amusing and immediately pressed his lips on hers. It was a passionate one, a sort of longing and they enjoyed the moment. “I will miss you too.” Krystal whispered.

“With all the hate you’ve been getting, do you think being with me is a mistake?” Kai asked innocently. “No. You’re just lucky my fans are mostly female and I got a few sasaengs. If they’ll found out about us, you’ll have a share of hate too, but you’re awesome so maybe not.” Kai laughed at her silly remarks. “But seriously you’re not a mistake. If you were, then, being with you is the best mistake I’ve ever made.”  Krystal said sincerely while both were staring at each other’s eyes. Even their eyes can tell that they’re in love.  

'Cause if the water dries up, and the moon stops shining

Stars fall, and the world goes blind

Boy, you know I'll be saving my love for you

'Cause you're the best mistake I've ever made

But we hold on, hold on...

(c) Soojung-a.com, dangers101, DiaFeliz, wenxi0210 [Songs featured: Best Mistake – Ariana Grande ft. Big Sean and The 1975's album "I like it when you sleep for you are so beautiful yet so unaware of it"]
 

---
KaiStal just got REAL. Okay, I can't move on to this fact, my aesthetic ship~~~ and still cryin' legit tears. I'm still sick but I tried my best to update, hope you're liking it. Please post your comments :D Imma protect my biases and hopefully, most will be happy for them <3]