Waste.

It's Never Easy.

August 2013

Krystal was intensely practicing with f(x) for the next day’s live performance in one of the rooms in SMTown’s building. She was staring blankly while walking towards a vending machine to buy a cold canned coffee. A warm back hug was felt. It was familiar, way too familiar. “Hey, someone might see us? Why are you here?” She said while facing him and responding with a tighter hug. “ You’ve memorized even my hug, Princess.  And you were the one who was supposed to be scared when someone sees us? Right?” He hugged him tightly as he kissed her forehead.

“I just missed you. Besides it’s almost midnight. No one will really see us & if someone will, they won’t care. Are you done with your practice?” She needed the hug as a practice day means a dead-tired day. Kai replied with a sigh, “Barely done. I need to learn more, I’m scared I might say the wrong things but I’m glad we’ll see each other tomorrow.” “You’ll do great MC-ing tomorrow. I’ll be cheering on you!” Krystal’s joyful voice made him smile. “I know you’ll win first place tomorrow too. As expected, my girlfriend’s the best. Let’s hangout tomorrow at Halmeoni’s after, you’re free right?” He was excited as he intertwined his hands with hers.

“Yeah.  I need to go back now. I’ll buy this first.” She points to the vending machine. “Okay but you need to cut down the coffee. Health first and don’t forget to eat and take your vitamins.” He reminded as he opened the canned beverage then Krystal waved goodbye.

Kai was smiling then rushed to Krystal, “Wait you forgot something.” “What?” She wondered. “This.” She left her card for the vending machine. “Ohh.” He tapped Krystal’s back. “You left this too.” As she turned to face him, Kai gave her a quick kiss on her lips that made her blush as they both waved goodbye to resume practice.

---

“And the winner is f(x)! Congratulations!” SBS Inkigayo hosts announced. Victoria and the other members were saying their respective thank-you speeches.

“Kamsahamnida!” Everyone bowed down and greeted each other. Kai approached Krystal and offered his hands and was supposed to hold hers tightly but instead Krystal shook hands since they were in the public. “You are so pretty! Neomu yeoppo.” Kai whispered as she smiled and her gaze followed him.

---

“Fudge, it was seen on the live show. I’m dead.” Krystal choked on her tteokbokki as she watched the rerun of their performance on her smartphone. Kai handed her a glass of water. “You okay Soojungie?” They were in their disguised looks as they dined out in their fave Tteokbokki place at Halmeoni’s after SBS Inkigayo.

Jung Ah, a 65-year old grandmother, was a big fan of EXO and f(x) but not a sasaeng one. She owns one of the best tteokbokki places in Seoul and when her grandchildren introduced her to their biases, EXO and f(x), she admired their talents and good-looks. Basically, their whole family noticed Kai and Krystal were on secret dates to their place as they go around midnight. They were usually amazed how they finish plates of the Korean snack and decided to protect the couple from the public eye since both were kind. Kai and Krystal usually give presents to Halmeoni and her grandchildren. The family has always reserved a special place in a corner of the restaurant that would not be seen by the public.

“Halmeoni, look. We’re caught.” Krystal exclaimed as Halmeoni was serving another plate of tteokbokki to them and a mini gimbap. “Hmmmm. Let me see, well, it’s obvious you are so in love with our Jongin.” She chuckled as Kai hugged Halmeoni. “As expected, you’re the best halmeoni.”

“I love you both and since SooJung won today. Everything’s my treat.” All went into a group hug. “I just pray that no haters will harm you. You’re like my grandchildren too.” “We love you too!” They responded as halmeoni went to their other customers.

“It’s okay Soojung, fans won’t mind, it’s just a second or two. I just can’t wait to the time when we’ll be able to proclaim our love to the world.” Kai told her. “I guess we have to pay the price as artists. Being in private is also good. As long as we’ll be able to tell how much we love each other. For me, knowing you're here with me is enough.” Krystal replied.

“That’s right. I’m just blessed I have you.” Kai went to sit beside her as she leaned on to his shoulders.  

“I love you.” “I love you too.”

You’re the shine into my star.

We take on the world together.

Let’s make forever in this moment.

Tell me you love me again,

...and I would waste away with you...

 

GIF (c): stutterflies