Ease.

It's Never Easy.

That moment was too much to handle. Kai’s mind was all over the place. His heart longs for Krystal. He wanted to talk to her. He wanted to tell her how much he missed her and if they can be back to being friends again, even just as friends. Krystal was feeling the same. She never knew how much he longed for Kai’s hands, how much that moment meant for her.

An after party was set for the whole SMTown but minors were not allowed for the clubbing part so some maknaes settled to have their own breaks. Other members of SMTown went to the hotel right away and decided to have their day-off tomorrow since they have a day left before they head home to Seoul. Kai was hesitant on how he would contact Krystal so he asked Suho to invite some other SMTown members to go out tomorrow including of course, Krystal.

“Yaaaaah! It’s tiring to go out tomorrow. We’re preparing for our next album. Don’t you want to rest? I’m busy too.” Suho told Kai as he’s flipping through some papers for their company.  “But…but.” Kai stuttered.

“You wanna go with us Kai? we’ll be touring over LA.” Sehun remarked. “Yeah, Disneyland was so much fun.” Luhan added.

“No. I ….wanna meet someone. Suho please. I need to talk to her.” Kai pleaded.

“What? You mean Krystal? You getting serious? Kai, you need to calm down. You know how fans react. F(x), they are our sunbaenims, I’m not against it but you know we need to be careful as we are starting yet for our group. We don’t want scandals.” Suho explained. “Yah. We don’t want any scandals Kai. It is and should never be our style.” Kris seconded.

“Don’t get me wrong guys. I would just like to talk to her. We were close friends as trainees, remember? We became distant though after they debut. We’ll just talk and besides that’s why I need you hyung, we can invite others so that it won’t be obvious.” The rest of EXO members were listening seriously as Kai pointed out.

“Hyung, I think it’s okay. You know L.A. well and we’re not in Seoul. Fans might not even recognize Kai.” Chen suggested. Suho saw how genuine Kai's intent was and knowing Krystal's current state too, he accepted it. “But, we should be in disguise and I can’t invite a lot. That would be more obvious. I’ll just ask Amber noona to come with us too.”

“Gomawo hyung!” Kai hugged Suho. He was indeed desperate, Suho thought.

---

“Eh? Amber unnie. Suho texted me. He wants to meet us tomorrow at Elle’s cafe for our break time and have a tour around L.A. He’ll be with…..KAI?” Krystal’s eyes widened.

“Got that text too. He said that we should go on a low-key look, as if we’re no expert. This is L.A.! We’re good with this. I can go since I have to meet some friends also after.” Amber replied excitedly.

“With Kai? You should go Soojung-ah. You were close friends right? You don’t have engagements tomorrow too.” Luna interrupted with Sulli nodding along. Vic added, “You really need this. Unwind and stop thinking about your pressures. We don’t want your health to be affected with the stresses, kay?” “Thanks eomma & guys for your concern.” They hugged each other.

Krystal wanted this. Since they were with some members, it would be less awkward. It was a chance for them to talk again and to forget for a moment all the stresses in her life.

May 2012, 6 AM

They were up early since fans rarely camped outside the hotel at this time and they’ll be passing through a different exit instructed by the staff for their safety.

Krystal and Amber arrived early at the café and Amber ordered their usual faves. Amber was laughing, “Princess Soojung, why...you… wearing a mask? It’s as if people will recognize you.” “I just felt I should wear it. There’s nothing wrong with this. Get lost slave. Haha.” She placed her arm around Amber and made fun of her. "Well, the blonde guy behind you earlier was wearing a mask too. He looked sick though. You're weird. Haha."

Then Suho arrived in a suit, carrying a suitcase and tons of folders, Kai followed him and Amber and Soojung had blank expressions written all over their face because of Suho and Kai’s getup. “Yaaaah! You call that low key? Bro what’s wrong with youuu?!” Amber laughed at Suho. “Dad informed me, we have an early meeting around 7 AM. He’s gonna pick me up later. Got no choice plus people don’t know me so it doesn’t matter. But look who’s on a couple outfit.” He  looked at Kai and Krystal. “I told Kai why he’s wearing that mask. He’s not even sick.” “Hyung, it’s just…I just felt I should wear it.” Kai replied.

“Woaaah. Are you and Soojung soulmates or what? You wore matching black outfits and white masks and replied the same thing.  Did you plan a prank on us?” Amber asked.

“No.” Kai & Krystal replied. “See. I knew it. You planned this.” Amber jokingly teased them.

“Hi Soojung! It’s been a long time.” Kai waved at Krystal. It was a good atmosphere, it was not awkward as they thought since they both wanted to see each other. This was their chance. Both removed their masks and Krystal replied with a smile, “Hi Kai! True, a long time since we’ve met outside work.” Kai felt that Krystal's smile was the warmest and the most beautiful he has seen. His heart was pounding hard to the point of passing out but he managed to control it. 

---

“I’ve been so busy with the company.  Dad’s been training me hard. How's your break from the business world?” Suho asked while continually complaining on Krystal about business matters meanwhile Amber & Kai were so into a conversation and Krystal wondered what they were talking about.

“Noona, thanks for agreeing to this.” Kai sincerely thanked Amber. “I know you liked to talk to her. Both of you were close as trainees and since we’re outside Seoul, we also thought this would be a nice opportunity to get along well again. Krystal’s having a hard time right now since she lost a client in her recent project for their company. It’s her first time & even though it was okay for her parents, she felt she was a disappointment.  Her dad gave her a break since the business thing plus practices for our comeback affected her health. She has her anemic-related fainting episodes again and you know low oxygen means at times she’s literally cold.” Kai nodded and that explains why she was cold when they held hands during the SMTown ending.

 “Whatever happens, I’ll support you and I know you won’t hurt her & take good care of her as a friend or even if more than that.” Amber added. “Thank you so much noona for informing me. It seems I have lost track on her when we all became busy. I will surely take care of her.” Kai reassured Amber.

“Guys, I need to go. Dad’s here.” Suho grabbed his coffee and stuff and reminded Kai to be at the hotel before 10 pm since they all have an early flight the next day.

“I’ll go too. Friends are meeting me at an earlier time since we’ll go out of town and we need to be back within today. So bye guys, enjoy…and remember, low-key.” Amber waved and patted them both goodbye.

“Now they’ve left us, I guess I’ll need to tour you here around Jongin-ah?” Krystal said with confidence. She was happy with the thought of them together. “Sure. I remembered all the places you’d share with us here in the States. I’m excited but just tell me if you need to rest. Hmm?” Kai reminded her flashing his genuine smile.

“So that’s why Amber unnie took so long talking to you? Bet she shared stuff?” She asked.

“You were looking at us?” He teased with a smirk. “I was just curious. Seriously, let’s just enjoy. I missed this place.” She was flustered but both laughed along. “I missed you.” They thought.

It was weird how they both connected easily. That moment last night made them realize that time didn’t separate them.  

It’s as if they weren’t distant at all.

They felt…at…Ease.

Credits for the images: Dia Feliz (Kai), Soojung-a.com(Krystal)