Getaway.

It's Never Easy.

“Am I excited because of the tour around L.A. ? Yes. But I’m more excited because I’ll be spending time with the person I’ve missed. Jung Soojung.”  Kai thought.

Riding on a bus together seems like a typical K-drama, but they both loved it. Roaming around with the people you cherish makes it even more memorable even if it’s just sitting together. They arrived at County Park and Krystal was running like a kid and checking out the stalls.

“Kai, can you walk fast?  We got lots of things to do and places to go to plus the weather is nice. Don’t you think?” Krystal rushed along to look at the artsy stuff in a stall. “Nah, I think I got a better view back here.” Kai said with a soft smile while holding his camera and taking pics of her. She signaled Kai, “Yah! Stop being weird. Are you a stalker? Come, look at this.” They both looked at a certain portrait. “The artist has a great passion. The details are good. It has..hmm”

“Sense.” They both uttered then laughed. “You know I don’t have interest in reading art but I liked it as much as you do.” He mentioned while Krystal nodded in agreement.  

Then Kai went to food stalls after they checked out most of the areas in the park. He ordered burger, fries, bread, tarts and juices. “Are we having a feast here?” “As if you don’t like it? This is like lunch and dinner.” He smirked. “How could I not fall for his awesome smile. Krystal stop. Okay, let’s dig in!” They both munched their food and enjoyed it so much. They took a selca and looked at it after. “This is so weird coz’ we’re wearing both black top. We look good though”, Kai remarked. “Uh-hm. We should go buy stuff later especially for Jung Ah unnie. She loves fashion.” She replied with food stuffed in . Both of them are close to their respective families ever since they were trainees. Kai had always appreciated Krystal’s thoughtfulness to his family. He, on the other hand, at first had a hard time approaching her parents since they were rich that at times he’s intimidated.  However, they were both approachable and warm towards him so he always thought that Krystal’s parents were his second parents too.

Free time means shopping time. They both had similar taste when it comes to fashion; simple and neutral and they decided to check on some boutiques in a mall nearby.  He wore the striped jacket he bought while Krystal wore the black printed sweater. They used the black caps they agreed to buy as if it was a couple item. It was a different style though but they liked black. They spent hours buying stuff for their friends and family. It was a plus for them that no one recognized them, being in another place was an ideal setting. 

“Can we go to Anaheim Ice? I missed skating.” Krystal suggested. “Sure, I missed it too but I bet you are way better now since Kiss and Cry. I saw all your performances. I was worried though that you pushed yourself way too hard.”  Kai was a good skater too. The 94 line used to skate during their pastime.

“You know me. I want to show my best.” Krystal asserted.

So they went on to the skating rink and enjoyed the cool draft of the site.  As soon as Krystal set her ice skates on the rink, she felt contented. Skating after each other was as fun as ever. Skating, being with and touring around with Kai made her feel like on a cloud nine.  Krystal showed Kai some tricks and that made him fall in love with her even more. Seeing Krystal’s genuine smile gave him a reassuring feeling that everything will be fine. It speaks to him that they should just enjoy the moment and disregard all the problems and pressures in life.

It was 9:45 pm and it was time to go back to hotel. Good thing that there were no fans along that area. As they walked back to their hotel, the pleasant scenery made Kai felt it was the perfect timing. The lit streetlamps, the garden, and the gorgeous lady beside him walking side by side, everything was on point.

“Soojung-ah? Can I ask you something?”

“What is it?”

“If it’s okay with you, I know this is too abrupt…

… I’ve missed you. We’re friends and I wanted to be close to you again like before but I felt that I need to be more than just a friend to you. I want to spend more time with you. Can I court you?” Kai asked.

“You know we are not trainees anymore. This will be tough. I missed you too and I’ve always wanted to go out with you. I’ve felt your sincerity all along, Jongin.”

“So?” Kai was really nervous at this time. Their eyes were as if speaking to each other.

“Yes. Sure.” Krystal replied enthusiastically then Kai pulled her warmly into a hug.

It was an unusually good feeling. All these years, they’ve loved each other and this will be a fresh start.

They were friends but both felt the same way. They thought of not wasting the opportunity, not wasting the moment that felt perfect.

That whole day made them realized the need for them to spend more time together, to protect and cherish each other.   

It was indeed…

An unforgettable...

A blissful… Getaway.