Hold.

It's Never Easy.

Kai rushed to Krystal’s hotel room as the company decided to have Krystal stay in her room with the healthcare team on standby. She was known to be athletic but when stress and exhaustion hit her, health would be expected to deteriorate. Confidentiality was crucial and her collapsing was on the news right away. He stared at her while sitting at the side of the bed. His heart was torn seeing her like this.

Krystal woke up. She was in tears and she felt powerless with the whole world upon her. However, she was comforted by the sight of her love, Kim Jongin.

“Is it okay that you’re here?” She said faintly. “Yes, of course, I already asked permission from the staff. We’ll be leaving tomorrow in different flights. You gave me one of the worst moments in my life.” Kai said while holding Krystal’s hands, he kissed it softly and pulled her slowly into his warm embrace. Krystal, who was emotionally and physically exhausted broke into tears. “Soojung-ah, don’t cry please. It breaks my heart to see you like this. I don’t want you like this Soojung. You need to quit. Your condition’s worsening with all these pressures from work.”

“Quit? You know our dreams Jongin. Our dreams. To become the best artists and inspire others. Now, you’re telling me I should quit? Even my parents and sister understand my situation. Why can’t you? Who are you to tell me what to do?” Krystal pulled out from the embrace with a displeased expression.

“Who am I? Soojung. Who am I? I’m Kai. I’m Jongin. The person who loves you so much that I even forget to love myself. I love you so much I can’t bear to see you this way.” Kai was sincere in every word he conveyed.

Krystal interrupted, still on her bed sitting, “You would understand my dream. We’re here Jongin.” 

“Soojung, I love you but I don’t want to see you like this. Like this. You don’t need money, you can live well without these.” He was affirmative. Both were known to have strong personalities but they were arguing in a lighter tone.

“You look down on me much Kai. We sing, dance and perform for the people to inspire them and be the best they can be. It’s not just to prove to my parents something but I have a dream too.” She defended herself. Both paused for a long time.

“Sorry I was going through a lot and I didn’t consider your dreams, our dreams. I was blinded for a moment. I was just so concerned about you.” He hugged her from the back. It was warm and Krystal loved it.

Kai had to go through a lot the first half of this year. Their recent comeback caused an uproar due to numerous issues such as Kris departing without a notice and Baekhyun & Taeyeon’s recent reveal of their relationship plus tons of negative comments thrown to EXO in totality.

Krystal was also in the same boat. She hated how Sulli was always judged and hated as she was like a sister to her. Sulli participated less in f(x)’s live performances. Jessica, her sister, was also in a mid-life crisis between her music and fashion career. Both their parents were strongly against Jessica’s recent boyfriend. Krystal didn’t go home in awhile because of the presence of problems everywhere that she forgot to eat and take her medications.

“I am very sorry Jongin. I forgot how you are having a tough time too. I’m sorry I’m adding up to it. I disregarded the fact that you are the person who loved me truly and can understand me even if we’re in the middle of our hardships.” Krystal faced Kai and responded with a warm embrace and a soft kiss. “But please don’t forget Jongin, love yourself too so that we’ll continue loving each other unconditionally. I love you.”

“I won’t forget that. I’m just blessed I have you. You don’t have to be sorry and you’re not adding up to my problems. Soojung, I love you too…so much.”

Then I realize.

So I’m gonna love you like I’m gonna lose you.

I’m gonna hold you…till the end.

Image (c): ChanXiaoHua and mydaily