Devastated.

It's Never Easy.

October 2014

 “You sure about this?” Amber asked. She was clearly concerned with the stylists and managers in their dressing room with worried expressions. They were preparing for SMTown Live in Shanghai and Krystal just arrived from My Lovely Girl shooting.  

“Soojung-ah. We can revise the choreo right away. You were sick these past days and you just flew all the way from your filming. You look really sick now.”  Victoria emphasized with a serious look with Luna nodding and handing Krystal her medications.

“Guys, relax.  I can’t be missing, we don’t have Sulli now and it will be a mess. That’s why I’m here. I can use this.” Krystal showed her sunglasses; looking exhausted, she faked a smile. She was really tired and looked pale as ever. Amber passed the portable canned oxygen and Krystal took a deep breath with it as she saw Vic seriously texting someone.

“Please don’t. Eomma, don’t text Jongin please. He’ll be worried and will lose focus tonight.”  Vic can’t resist Krystal. Whatever she says, she is always sincere about it. Contrary to her cold aura, she has purest intentions wherein one cannot argue with. Luna and Amber were by her side assisting her with the oxygen therapy. The SMTown staff who closely worked with the artists also knew about Kai and Krystal. They kept mum about it as Kai and Krystal were known as thoughtful artists who have been nice to the staff ever since trainees.

It was f(x)’s last performance, Red Light, and even fans can clearly see how unstable Krystal was. She gave her best in performing but the lack of energy was evident. On the other hand, Kai, was observing from the TV monitor in their dressing room. They just finished their “Overdose” performance and was just preparing for the ending performance with the sunbaes.

“Woah. Krystal looks unusually pale. I thought she wouldn’t attend today’s concert.” Chen remarked while D.O. agreed with a nod. “Yeah. Unfortunately, Sulli backed out last minute because of her recent issues.” Chanyeol explained. F(x)’s performance was about to end. “I suggested to her not to perform since she finished her drama shoot around 11 AM earlier, she’s awake for straight 48 hours. You know how passionate she is.” Kai gave the details while being glued on the screen. “She looks like she’s about to faint Jongin-ah.” Baekhyun exclaimed.

“Hyung, I’ll go first.” He waved to Suho as he waved back, “Be back after okay?”

Kai ran towards the tent near the front stage where f(x) would exit. His heart was pounding as he remembered what happened to Krystal before when she collapsed in a concert.

---

November 2010

“Why are you not answering your phone? Aish.” Seulgi complained as she continued calling Kai. Seulgi went to the hospital as soon as she heard the news of Krystal fainting. As the '94 line, despite their busy schedule, they were in contact especially during their hardships during practices. They keep in touch through group calls & chats. “Kai must be busy practicing. Unnie, is she okay?” She asked Victoria. “Yeah Seulgi, the doctor said she needed some IV replacements, medications and plenty of rest. You need to go back to the company. I’ve heard tonight’s the monthly assessment.”

“Stupid me. I have 30 mins. left before the assessment unnie, it’s okay. I didn’t see Kai in the training room and he’s not picking up so I went ahead.” Seulgi replied at the same time Krystal woke up, and with a weak voice said, “Mianhae unnie.” She cried while the f(x) members (sans Amber) and Seulgi comforted her. Seulgi then left as she hugged and informed Krystal about the upcoming appraisal and the probability that she won’t be back since it will be very hectic after the evaluation. Krystal appreciated Seulgi’s presence and said that it was okay and reassuring that Seulgi was there.  Luna also informed Krystal that her parents will be coming too so she will be okay.

“Well done Seulgi. You were almost late but as expected your training reaped good fruits, your dancing and singing improved so much.” The instructor commented. “Overall, Kai was exceptional. Everyone, this month’s appraisal was better than before. Keep it up and for that please stay after. We will still have a series of practices.” Everyone sighed as the assessment ended.

It was a 30-minute break before practices will resume. Seulgi rushed to Kai. “Yah! I called you for the nth time. Krystal collapsed earlier in their Lotte concert-ish. Are you deaf or what?” Kai’s heart dropped. He was busy practicing and he left his phone in the locker. “What? What happened? Is she okay? What is this? Aish. Let’s go now!” Kai was lost for a moment. He was confused, it was saddening for him. “F(x) unnies told me that her parents will watch over her tonight and we should let her rest. Krystal knows about the appraisal tonight so she said it is okay. Calm down please?”

Kai was blank, all he can think was Krystal. Is she really okay? He thought. Krystal was sick. She was always like this, acting tough but weak inside.

Mianhae. Sorry I can’t be with you right now. I am really sorry. Please take care of yourself. Please. I just can’t imagine you being hurt. I am again sorry.” Kai sent a text to Krystal. It was tough for him. He can’t bear the fact that Krystal was sick and he couldn’t be there at her weakest state. He promised to himself that he would take good care of her no matter what.

---

As they finished off the performance, Krystal can’t bear it anymore and she collapsed while walking down the stairs.  It was lucky enough that the manager was able to catch her. Their managers assisted and carried her right away. They rushed to the nearest tent and at the same time Kai arrived.

“Soojung!” Kai shouted. His face was flushed, he felt empty seeing Krystal in an almost lifeless state.  He rushed to her and hugged her. In a panic state, he stayed by the side while the medical aid attended to her. The members of f(x) and staff were worried as they saw Krystal hooked up in an oxygen cannula while the healthcare providers rushed in giving her the essential care.

The person he loved the most, Jung Soojung, fell unconscious.

Jongin can’t bear to witness that the love of his life was at his side.

…and he can’t do anything but sure he felt miserable…

he was devastated

Image (c) yulyulk_Summer, zaheon and SMTown Now [SMTown Live Shanghai October 2014]

Full video of Krystal fainting :( This was really sad though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhWZmSbaE0w