Unexpectedly.

It's Never Easy.

December 2015

“Waaaah, it’s snowing! Are you seeing this?” Krystal enthusiastically tells Kai on the other line. “It’s a waste that you’re not free in this Christmas Eve where all my family members went home to Cali and tonight’s my only free time this week.” She added as she placed her things on the table. Krystal came home from a photoshoot, she was exhausted but excited because of the pleasant scenery of Seoul in their balcony. 

“Mianhae. I’m really sorry, I miss you so much and I thought we wouldn’t have a schedule today but there were last minute changes.” Kai sincerely apologized. Krystal pouted on the other line. “I miss you too. We’ll see each other in the year-end performances then.” Kai replied, “Yes, of course. I’m just proud of us.”

“Why?” She asked. “It’s because a lot of celebrity couples break up because of the busy schedules but here we are, finding time just to see each other.” Kai stated. “Are you implying you want to break up with me? Heol~” Krystal sounded upset as she stared outside the window. “NO. I will never. I love you so much and I’m just happy to be with you all these years. You were my friend, bestfriend and now my girlfriend, and my wife in the future.” Kai explained as he felt giddy too. He sees Krystal in his future as his wifeShe felt her heart racing as she remarked, "Yah! We're still young and have lots to do in our career." "I said in the future princess." He explained with emphasis. 

He’s not dating her just to have fun but he found the partner who understood his struggles and whom he found his comfort. Jung Soo Jung, the girl whom he could spend the rest of his life with.

Loving her was the best thing that happened to him, in his personal life. He thought his life will only revolve about work but when he realized how much he loved her, he saw life in a more optimistic way that love transcends all.

She said softly, “I love you. I love you so much.” Krystal can’t find other words to respond but she had loved him ever since. “I wish you could see this with me.”

“I love you too. I’ll call back later, we'll be going now to our shoot.” Kai said in a hurry. “Okay, take ca—“ She was cut off so she lazily went back to their living room and threw herself on the sofa as she fixed her coat for warmth. As she the television, it was EXO in a commercial ad, then there was Kai appearing in a charming way. “He looks so good, I’m lucky I have him.” Then the doorbell rang, she checks the screen and saw a bunch of flowers held by a delivery guy with a similar color tone of the coat she’s wearing, “For Jung Soojung, a special delivery.” So, she went out to claim it, it was unusual but maybe she thought Kai sent it privately which he doesn’t do unless he sends it himself because of privacy reasons.

“Merry Christmas Princess! Did you miss me?” There was Kai in his full disguise and Krystal was shocked, not because they were wearing a same beige coat but there was Kai in her doorstep. She jumped and hugged him as he dropped immediately the things he was bringing to bring her into a tight embrace. “I missed you so much. I thought you were at work?” Krystal asked as Kai removed his mask and gave her a kiss on the forehead. “So this is a surprise I think?” Kai smirked.  They went inside and Krystal helped him with all the paper bags and plastics he was bringing. “Did you bring food?” She immediately asked.“Of course, we should eat.” He chuckled as he arranged in the table their faves tteokbokki from Halmeoni’s, chicken, fettucine alfredo, cake, and pastries. “Yeaaah! We’re having a feast on Christmas eve!” She was like a happy kid and smiled widely.

“Lord, thank you for this day as we celebrate Christ’s birthday. Thank you for the healthy lives of our family and friends and for the successful career this year. Despite the obstacles, thank you for our fans for their continuous support and love for us. May they be genuinely happy with their families.” Krystal prayed. “May you continually bless us Lord, and keep everyone our members, families and friends healthy. Give us the strength to inspire our fans and that they may have successful paths on their chosen careers and yes, may everyone be genuinely happy.” Kai added. Both blew the candles on the cake and shouted, “Merry Christmas!” as Kai teasingly placed icing on Krystal’s nose and kissed her on the cheek. She pinched his nose and both laughed.

She grabbed some bread while on the other hand, held Kai’s hand tightly. “We’re even wearing a similar color of the coat and paired it with a sweater. I guess you’ve influenced me too much.” He said while holding her hands tightly.

As soon as they finished eating, they stood near the window and enjoyed the view of Seoul as it snowed prettily. Kai was embracing her from the back, it felt warm and both loved it. “The view looks so beautiful especially that you’re here.” Krystal exclaimed. “But you’re more beautiful.” He whispered as he brought out a simple necklace with a “K” pendant and placed it around her neck. “Merry Christmas Soojung-ah.” She was happy even with small things and sweet nothings like this. She always loved how Kai makes surprises. “I remembered 4 years ago when I decided to confess at LA to you, I was the happiest at the moment. I realized all along that you were the person who would complete me.”

But it's all unscripted when I'm with you

It seems familiar, yet it all feels so new

All of the sudden I miss you

Thinking about all of the things that we've been through

Oh no it's not that I planned to

But I think it feels like maybe I'm falling for you and me   

She faced Kai and hugged him tight as he buried her face on his chest saying, “I love you too. I’m happy to be with you. Chasing our dreams together and inspiring others, I have said this a million times but I’m gonna say it over and over again, I love you and I’m blessed to have you".

You caught me so off guard

We fell in love so unexpectedly, 

I've known you for ten years and a day

Never once thought I'd have these words to say

I wanna hold you and kiss you

Till the end of time

“Every day, moment spent with you is precious. Thank you for being with me and for being a person to lean on in all my struggles.” Kai said genuinely as he kissed her. He always loved her scent. “Thank you for everything Jongin, for it was unexpected but our love is truly amazing.” Krystal replied as she kissed him back.

The one I'm searching for

Was right here all along

We fell in love so unexpectedly...

---

Images (c) Mild affection Snapshot [Song featured: Unexpectedly by Jason Chen // I changed the lyrics on "five years and a day
 to "ten years" since KaiStal had been friends for almost a decade. :) ] 

Feel free to post comments! I would gladly appreciate it. I'll fix the spacing soon though..Annyeong~ :D