Just Keep Swimming!

When Your Life Suddenly becomes a Commercial

“You're right.”

“You see? At least you've come to your senses now we just gotta get Junghan to real-”

“You're right that it won't be easy going back to where we were but we don't want to go back to where we were. And it's not that we don't want to be idols anymore. We love being idols. I don't want to give that up either and I'm not. But I won't give up on Junghan either.”

“Seungch-”

“Hyung.” Seungcheol quickly stopped him giving him a determined glare. “I love Junghan.”

“....” Doogi thought for a moment. Was he being cruel and unreasonable or was he just trying to protect their dream? He didn't want them to get caught in scandals and end up disband- no, no, Doogi shook his head. He mustn't even  utter the words in his head. He looked back at Seungcheol before continuing on down the road. They didn't say anything else to each other for the next hour.

 

When they made it to a rest stop for bathroom breaks Seungcheol got up to take the kids out. Doogi was left to his thoughts. Over the hour he had evaluated his thinking and he came to the conclusion that maybe they were right. He was overthinking it and making assumptions before they even tried. He knew these kids were good and they wouldn’t stop achieving their dreams but he knew they wouldn’t stop loving each other either.

 

“HYUNG!” Doogi’s epiphany was disrupted as a very distraught and panic stricken Seungcheol came burrowing back. His eyes were half the size of his face and his mouth was permanently stuck wide open.

“Seungcheol?” Doogi put the bus in park and got up to calm Seungcheol down. What had he seen that spooked him so much?

“It’s the kids...Han he-OH God!” Seungcheol started to freak out again. Doogi just shushed him and patted his back.

“What, what happened to the kids? what did Han do?” Seungcheol was so choked up he couldn’t answer he just pointed a shaky finger towards the back of the bus. Doogi traveled back there troubles by the absence of fussy children and a very capable MamaHan running all over the place figuring out what he should get the children to eat next. Doogi frowned as he realized that the quiet they were experiencing before wasn’t because the kids had took a nap it's because they weren’t there at all. “Dammit all.” Doogi stomped feeling frustrated. Why would Junghan even do this? They were so close only fifteen more miles to go! In the midst of Doogi’s hissy fit he spotted an orange post-it note placed on the window.

 

‘Dear, Cheol and Doogi PD….

I am writing this to you as we stopped for gas.

The children and I realised we haven’t even eaten steamed dumplings!

Plus we have a few places we have yet to see!
So, please continue without us.

^.^ See you later!’

 

“What?” Seungcheol reeled back in disbelief. He wanted to be frantic and start searching for his long haired boyfriend but he knew that when Junghan said something like this he meant it. He was gone and Seungcheol wasn't sure when he's find him again.

“...’please continue without us’ he says,” Doogi chuckled to himself. He could not believe this either. “What's the purpose of going if they kids aren't even here?!” Doogi slammed his fist on the window. “!”

“Okay, let's calm down.”

“Calm? They're gone! Poof-vanished! We don't have time for this. They need to turn back now!”  Doogi was practically pulling out his hair. “Where could they had even gone???”

Seungcheol was also at a lost so, he just shrugged.


Meanwhile,

“Mama!” Seungkwan tugged at Junghan’s hand. “Mama, where are we going? Where's papa and uncle? Mama? Mama?”

“Aish!” Junghan growled, shocking Seungkwan. Junghan saw little droplets of tears appearing and instantly switched his attitude. “Ah! No, baby I'm sorry,” Junghan picked him up and cradled him in his arms. His other ‘children’ surrounding him half asleep. He felt bad he didn't have a car to carry them around in. “....shall be go there?” Junghan pointed to an indoor water park. He had searched it up earlier and when he found that it wasn't so far from their stop he took the chance to take them. He knew that once they went back to being idols they wouldn't have a chance to have fun without worrying about cameras or anything.

The kids stared at the place before finally processing what their eyes were seeing.

“YES!” they all cheered running through the front.

“Yah! No running!” Junghan sprinted after them. However, he realized it was futile so he just watched as they looked about the place with wild abandonment. He was happy that they looked so excited, determined to make good memories. “Eh! Minghao, Soonyoung, and Seokmin! step away from the edge! You need to wear a swimsuit first!!”

After, going to the locker rooms to change and struggling (along with the help of Jun) to talk to the cashier and get them bracelets to get in. Junghan was happy with how prepared he always was. He even bought noodles, a whiffle ball, and floating devices for the kids to use.

“Let's play a game!” Jihoon suggested. They rest of them leaned in for the details.

“Marco!” Jisoo called out his hands clamped over his eyes.

Polo!!!” a choir of kids responded back to him. Jisoo now had his hands held out arms length away and was waving them around trying to find a sign of another human being.

“Marco!” he yelled again awaiting his answer.

Polooooo!” they replied giggling and sloshing about the place trying to avoid Jisoo. The eldest hyung ended up unknowingly cornering Mingyu who was slowly panicking and trying to get out.

"Marco," Jisoo whispered, knowing he caught someone.

“Aha! Fish out of water!!” Seokmin called out to Mingyu's changrin. And Jisoo opened his eyes to see Mingyu had in fact left the pool.

“Okay, Chan,” Junghan had the baby boy in a froggy baby boat. The little big maknae was dressed up like a mermaid with a green swimming cap, goggles, and green scale-y swim trunks and wiggling about in his hold excited about what Junghan had in store for him.

Junghan dipped his little toes into the water and all was well for about 1 minute until Chan started to wail extra loudly. The long haired make hissed and pulled him out and turned him towards him so they were facing one another.

“What's wrong??” Chan was perfectly fine though. His eyes were completely dry. So, the older decided to dip him in again.

“uuuuu” Chan started to whine. “WAAAAAHHHH!!!” Chan threw an even bigger hissy fit. Junghan pulled him out and it immediately stopped.

“Oh! Are you scared?” Chan nodded. “Oh Chanie, it's okay! I got you look,” this time Junghan got in first and then pulled Chan inside. The baby still fussed and made scared sounds but Junghan held him close making sure he knew that he wasn't gonna drop him. “See? It feels nice right?” Junghan questioned and Chan made a wary sound but stuck his hand under the water anyway before making a delighted cooing sound similar to a laugh.

They played the game again and again until Soonyoung and Jihoon got into an argument.

“You at swimming!” Soonyoung laughed.

“But’ I’m waaaayyyy better than you!” Jihoon snapped back. Soonyoung’s face went dark.

“Fine. How about we see whose better.” the blonde folded his arms.

“Fine.” Jihoon agreed mirroring his posture.

They both got to the start of the pool and waiting for Hansol’s “go” before bolting and swimming as fast as their little arms could carry them. The others were currently betting their fruit snacks on who would win.

“I bet you two grape fruit snacks that Soonyoung wins,” Seokmin slammed down his bid with over confidence. Mingyu smirked and pulled out four strawberry fruit snacks.

“We’ll, I challenge you!” everyone ooed.

“Call.” Seokmin nodded and directed his attention toward the game.

Meanwhile, Soonyoung and Jihoon were still swimming. They huffed and puffed trying their best to make it to the other side.. However, they were doggy paddling and could only make it halfway before getting tired. However, because they were so hell-bent on proving who was the best they did other tests.

Who can hold their breath longer.

“Okay, START!” Joshua pressed the stop watch and watched the time as Seungkwan was furiously counting. By the time he hit 10 seconds they were both resurfacing, gasping for air.

Who can do the best underwater trick.

Soonyoung tried to do a handstand but he ended up getting a lot of water in his nose so they had to stop because he was crying and mamaHan told them to play something else.

Finally, diving constest.

“GATHER ‘ROUND!” Seungkwan called them all around him. They all were placing bets and hyping up their choices.

“Soonyoungie is good at dancing!” Wonwoo explained. “I’m sure he will make a really cool move!”

“But!” Jun interjected. “Jihoonie is good at coming up with ideas he’ll do a new move that nobody else did before!”

“No. No!” Seungkwan pushed them both out the way. “Seungkwanie will win because he is dripping with fabulous and is the best quality here!”

They all stopped to stare at Seungkwan disapprovingly before moving on and ignoring his outburst. The diva child just pouted to himself.

“Anyway!” Minghao regressed them back. “I say Soonyoung hyung!”

After everyone speculated the outcome, Jihoon and Soonyoung lined up ready to show off. Truth be told they were both extremely nervous. From the pool it doesn't look that high however, when they're actually standing at the top it's like their looking down from the Empire State Building.

JIHOON! JIHOON!” half of them cheered.

SOONYOUNG! SOONYOUNG!” the other half cheered.

They looked at each other before grabbing hands, taking a deep breath, counting to three, and jumping off the diving board into the water below. As Jihoon went under he could feel Soonyoung’s hand squeeze his own pretty tightly and pulling him back to the surface.

“IT’S DEEP!” Jihoon screamed frantically clawing at the water surrounding him. However, as we all know, panicking just made it worse. Soonyoung freaked out and they both were going under. All the former members watched dumbfounded until Mingyu went into full survival mode and called for their ‘mom’

“OH MY GOD!” Junghan practically flew over to the kids and jumped in to grab them. He lugged them back onto the platform and rubbed his hands all over them looking for any scratch or bruise or anything he could find that was wrong with them. He sobbed looking them over and over again to reassure himself that they were fine. “DON’T SCARE ME LIKE THAT AGAIN!”

Jihoon and Soonyoung gasped. Junghan’s face was wet not only because of the pool water but because of his very own salty tears. They dropped into Soonyoung and Jihoon’s cheeks stimulating tears from them respectively.

“UWAAAAA IM SORRY MOMMY!” Jihoon clutched Junghan’s shorts and Soonyoung just bowed his head feeling ashamed. Junghan sighed, his hardened expression falling because who was he kidding? More than angry he was just plain scared something back could've happened. The eldest took them into his arms and kised their foreheads. "Alright, alright, mom is sorry, I was only scared that you guys would get hurt promis mom you wont do that again?" Junghan jutted out a pinky in which Soonyoung and Jihoon took with their own and between sniffles promised to not do anything to scare mommy. He decided it was well past time for lunch and they were all turning into prunes anyway so, they went back to the locker rooms to bath and wash their hair.

“So, what do you guys want to eat?” Junghan voiced as he took a towel and dried Minghao’s hair.

“Noodles!” Seokmin raised his hand with a choir of agreement from Jihoon and Soonyoung.

“Stir-fry!” Jun interjected.

“Dumplings!” both Seungkwan and Vernon yelled.

“No, tofu!!!” Joshua cut in waving his hands about the place.

"MEAT!" Mingyu gasped desperately.

“Mmmm,” Junghan thought for a moment. His stomach growled pretty loud. “Those all sound so good, how about we get them all?” the children rejoiced and Junghan silently apologized to Doogi, he had swiped his card.


“A-CHOO!” Doogi killed over in reflex as he sneezed.

“You okay, hyung?” Seungcheol gave him a blanket.

“Naw, it's cool, I'm fine, someone must be talking about me.”

Seungcheol and Doogi were driving back on their way to the last stop to get find the MIA members and drag them all to the temple to turn back if it was the last thing Doogi was going to do. Seungcheol on the other hand was sitting in the passenger seat confused by all of this. He watched hte condesation on the window and took his finger to draw out Junghan. He couldn't help but think about the long haired boy. Was he okay? Was he crying about the kids? Was he tired and needed a break? Or, was he totally fine and happy with out Seungcheol? He was a very capable kid. In all truth he had more control over the members than Seungcheol felt he, himself ever did.

“I just can't believe it, why would he leave like that?” Seungcheol wondered. “He would never be that irresponsible,” the ex-leader scratched his head.

“If you haven't noticed, Junghan has changed.”

“What do you mean, now?” Seungcheol rolled his eyes he wasn't in the mood for another lecture.

“He's not himself, he's completely a mom now. He must feel like were threatening his ‘child's’ life and so he took the kids away,” Doogi explained. “He's not thinking rational, he's not the sassy Junghan we all know.”  

“...What?” Seungcheol felt this whole situation was laughable. Junghan didn't really think he was the kids’ mom….right? “We've gotta find them….fast!” Seungcheol urged.


A/N: YAAAAAAAAYYYY!! You thought I wasn't gonna update, HAH! I did it! OH YEAH!

((Okkay, okay, sorry))

Random rambles: First I'd like to thank all of you guys for the understandment, like, awesome thanks for reading my story and liking it so much despite its crap quality....anpther thing, Idk man I felt real good today, it was pretty warm today, and, AND guess what??? GOT7 ((my bias group)) IS COMING TO CHICAGO!!!! 1ST CONCERT IM SO HYPE Like look, I'm so estatic....

Anywhooo, what ya'll think of this chapter? It seems like MamaHan doesn't want the kids to grow up huh? 

 

((ya'll peeping that SoonSeok in One Fine Day??? I'm sorry Im such trash but it makes me want to write another domestic AU LIKE- okay lemme stop))