Memories

When Your Life Suddenly becomes a Commercial
Just like that. Weeks escape them. However, while Junghan was forgetting about it, Seungcheol couldn't. Although he was happy, he was extremely happy. Things were just...off. He tried calling Doogi PD but the vocal coach didn't answer any of his calls nor contacted him. Regrettably he even talked to Sooil and the other said he hadn't heard a single word. This perturbed him very much but he couldn't say anything against Junghan's angelic smile let alone the kids' big innocent eyes. How can he deny he's the father?
 
"Ugh this sounds like some Jerry Springer ...." Seungcheol rubbed his forehead as he slumped over his desk. 
 
"Hey there, Mr. Choi!" Seungcheol rolled his eyes and grunted.
 
"Hey there, Mr. Han...." Seungcheol tried to sound as enthusiastic as he could but he really wasn't in the mood. He had a lot of data to enter and he couldn't focus because there was nothing to worry about. It was like everything was just peachy. However, no news is bad news...right? Well, he can't say its not his fault. He doesn't try to find out the root to their problem. He just goes along with it. Swept under the current and swayed along. Just like the other day they had went to the aquarium off of the free tickets Junghan won at this raffle at the grocery store.

"Daddy I wanna see the fishies!!" Mingyu bounced up and down pleading with his father.

 
"No! No! The Penguins!!" Minghao demanded. He had been convinced that the Penguins look an awful lot like him so he had to go and greet his kind.
 
"Yah! I want to see the sea lions!" Soonyoung gave a mighty roar trying to scare the others into doing what he wanted to do. It only started an argument, everyone wanting their choice to be first. The arguing grew too loud after they recieved their wrist stamps and made it into the lobby. Junghan sighed seeing as Seungcheol had no idea how to calm them down before they got physical.
 
"Now, now," Junghan cleared his throat making everyone hault all motion. He looked like some sort of super mom. Hair tied in an updo, clothes baggy and comfortable. He had Chan in a baby carrier strapped to his chest and a twin set stroller with both Hansol and Seungkwan strapped in as well as Jisoo holding his hand and reading a map. "We have enough time to see everything and then some! So we'll play a game to see where we go first." 
 
Now, all the kids were interested. Junghan passed a look to Seungcheol as if to say 'See? This is how you run children not the other way around'. They all leaned in as Junghan explained the rules of the game. They had to play Rock Paper Scissors but with a twist. The winner didn't get to go first, they only got to choose the order but they can't pick themselves first. It was agreed upon and the game commenced. The pressure was on as the boys intensely played many rounds of Rock Paper Scissors. First, Minghao, Seungkwan, and Hansol were out. Then, Mingyu later joined by Seokmin. Wonwoo was out next as well as Jihoon and Jisoo. And then it came to this.
 
The final battle.
 
A showdown between Jun and Soonyoung. 
 
At one corner Soonyoung was getting hyped up by Seokmin. At the other Jun was getting play by play advice from Minghao. Seungkwan walked in between them.
 
"In this corner weighing about the size of 15 teddy bears, Jun-hyung!" their brothers all clapped and cheered. "At this corner, Rock Paper Scissors, heavy weight champion, weighing about 10 apples, Soonyoung-hyung!" everyone went wild. 
 
"Ding-ding-round one!" Hansol walked pass with a piece of paper with the number one on it. The two contestants met each other in the middle. It was silent and intense when all the kids chanted "rock, paper, scissors!" in unison. Soonyoung showed rock and Jun showed paper. It was quiet as they calculated. When the winner was claimed they all cheered loudly till Seungcheol told them to keep it quiet.
 
"And our champion wins again today!!" Seungkwan exclaimed. Everyone was jumping and having fun until they remembered the rules. The winner doesn't get to go first they can only decide the order. Soonyoung stopped his celebration. Jun had planned this. The Chinese boy was laughing maniacally as he was picked first to go. He decided to have mercy on Soonyoung and they went to see the sea lions. The blonde was so happy to see their blubbery bodies and the way they laid on the ice. So happy that he made a dance to go along with their movements. Next, was the Penguins, always a treat. The way they cutely waddled around and slipped and slides everywhere was entertaining for the kids. Minghao even copied them making his 'parents' coo and laugh at his adorableness and the fact that he did indeed look like a penguin. What was seen can not be unseen. After a while, they had lunch. Something Junghan had whipped up for them. They ate all of it as they watched the jellyfish change colors. 
 
Then, they went to the dolphin show. The kids liked it so much. They even got to sit in the splash zone and actually got splashed. Soonyoung and Seokmin were working on sounding like actual dolphins and doing some weird dolphin dance. Jisoo found himself almost too infactuated with the dolphins. He read the many dolphin facts to Junghan from the pamphlet and was the first to answer any questions the trainers had. They were then invited to help feed the Dolphins and pet them as well. Jihoon, who was talking big, went first with confidence but then when he touch the Dolphins he started to cry for his mommy, demanding to be hugged for the remainder of the day because he was in a bad mood after that.
 
After that little episode, they wrapped it up with the fishes and how big or tiny they were. They didn't forget to check out the sharks and at first everyone was scared until Seungcheol convinced them it was a nice shark that only ate salads. They didn't want to leave but it was time to go. They didn't do this with out tears of course. At least they had fun and made new memories.

"Memories..." Seungcheol snapped out of his day dream. That's right. He needs to stop trying to make new memories for the kids and have them remember their old ones. He vowed that after work he would call Doogi PD. For now, he had a lunch to eat.

Meanwhile, Junghan was at home singing in the kitchen along with Seungkwan, Seokmin, Jisoo, and Jihoon. They were helping him bake a cake. It wasn't really a special occasion but Junghan felt like making something special for the kids. Surprisingly, when he sang their vocal unit song the others remembered the words and even the notes that went along with them. They sang them perfectly. Er...as perfect as a bunch of tiny children could. He wondered if he could enter them into a talent show. He was sure they were the most talented kids around. 
 
He remembers that instant just a few days ago.

"Aw whose a good baby eating big boy food?" Junghan cooed after giving Chan a spoonful of some carrot mush. The boy bounced happily at being praised but grimace later at the unappealing taste. Junghan laughed light heartedly. His baby is so cute he thought that he might die from his rosy chubby cheeks and baby bunny like appearance. 

It was the afternoon. Soon, the kids would return from school and Junghan would have to put them down for naps and give the older kids their after school snacks. He had gotten better at letting them go to school and even found himself enjoying the quiet time. Everything was going well. He made some refreshments and cleaned Chan up (he was in his walker watching some kiddie show in the living room). He was about to join him until the phone rang. 
 
"...Hello?" it was an awkward thing; answering the phone. No one has ever called them on their house number and the fact that someone did now made him nervous. What if it was one of Doogi PD's friends. How could he play it off. Now he really wished that he thought about it before picking it up. "Hello?" he repeated.
 
"...yes. This is Hangun primary school." an automated voice started. Junghan felt relieved when he realized it wasn't an actual person but then it registered. Something must've happen at the school. He suddenly sprung from his seat to listen to what the next sentence had to say. "Your child: Choi Soonyoung had dentition today the reason: dance battle ended in a fight" Jinghan rolled his eyes. Of course. "You must pick your child up after school at 2:30." Junghan hung up. 
 
"Well," he sighed. "Hopefully, he won..."
 
Once everyone (besides Soonyoung) had made it home, Junghan had did what he was going to do; give them snacks and lay down the younger children for their nap. Junghan had texted Seungcheol earlier and told him to pick up the blonde child. When they reached home the first thing Junghan noticed was the cuts and bruises on his child's knees. He gasped and felt anger boil through him. The next thing he did was hug Soonyoung tightly. 
 
"Aigoo my baby," he said trying to comfort him. "I get it all you did was dance and the others attacked you! you did well," Junghan knew it was important to make sure Soonyoung was okay and not get scarred by this little incident. Soonyoung let out a few sniffles but quickly wiped his tears away.
 
"It's okay mom, they were just jealous right?" Junghan's eyes widened. Usually Soonyoung would be the one to cling and cry. However, here he is now, standing with a determined look on his face. Suddenly he wasn't Junghan's dancing child. He was his performance unit leader and a member of their group. It kind of snapped him out of it. What was he even doing now? Sure he was the member's mother like persona however, he always knew he was never their real mom. He furrowed his eye brows and gave Soonyoung a pat on the head. He was proud Soonyoung was learning to be a big boy and doing normal healthy boy things. He was just disappointed he didn't cling to him and call him 'mommy' any longer.
 
'Wait. Didn't I hate to be called that?' Junghan thought.

"Hey, mama! Look!" Mingyu yelled snapping Junghan out of his thoughts. Junghan jumped up and ran to the oven to make sure his cake didn't burn. He let out a sigh of relief and wiped the sweat from his forehead when he saw it was okay.

 
"What is it, Gyu?" Junghan replied.
 
"Look!" came running in to show his newest art piece, Jughan assumed. Junghan lazily sighed and turned to see what his little Picasso made. However, what he expected to see was a piece of paper with random drawings of their family or about how he wants to be a spaceman or something not this. To his horrifying reality, Mingyu was standing in front of him with patches of his hair missing. He had somehow found scissors and cut his hair.
 
"CHOI MINGYU!" Junghan yelled startling everyone. His face was completely furious. Never had they seen Junghan this mad. His face was red and his breath quickened. "Yah! Why did you do that to yourself! This isn't good!" He yelled. Mingyu winced at his tone as he had never heard the older yell like this at anyone for anything. It took a second but as soon as Junghan heard Mingyu start to cry he calmed down. "Aish...!" Junghan rubbed his head as he held the limp crying child in his arms. "I'm sorry for getting so upset, you just wanted to show me you styled your own hair, right?" Junghan questioned in a sorrowful tone. Mingyu used the back of his hands to wipe his eyes as he sniffled and nodded. "I understand...good boy," Junghan rubbed his head. At least he didn't shave it bald. "BUT! You can not play with scissors and cut your hair, cut someone else's hair, or let someone else cut your hair. It's very dangerous do you hear me?" Junghan spoke in a serious tone. Mingyu nodded trying to hold back tears. He didn't like being scolded. "Alright, good boy, you go and wait in the living room, I'm gonna help you finish off the hair cut and make it even," Junghan smiled hoping Mingyu wouldn't be so gloomy either. Thank goodness, it worked and Mingyu was back to being his bouncy, silly self again.
 
"Mama, the cake!" Jisoo reminded Junghan who almost tripped over his own feel trying to get to the oven. 
 
"OUCH! That's hot!" Junghan felt dumb grabbing the whole pan with out a glove. He hissed in pain and ran his hand under the water. Seungkwan was next to him crying like a madman because 'mommy hurt himself'.
 
"What's all the commotion?" Seungcheol came in and everyone stopped.
 
"Daddy's home!" they all greeted, running over to hug him and tell him about their day. Seungcheol laughed as he kicked his shoes off and took his tie off. He made his way through the kids and (after kissing everyone's forehead) he made Junghan turn around and kissed him passionately. Letting all his worries from work melt and Junghan's stress from the children melt away in the heat of their contact. 
 
"Well, welcome home," Junghan smiled and pecked Seungcheol's lips again.

A/N: Aigo! I felt like I HAD to update today to get us back on track but It's short and crappy :/ I know but like hear me out...MAMA played at like 3am where I'm at and honestly my bias groups BTS and GOT7 performed together and then did you SEE Seventeen and Monstax??? I CRIED. AND OH NO LETS NOT COMMENT ON PARK BOM SAVING KPOP. //I'm still so ed up after BTS's Run MV I tried my best tbh I'm soooo sleepy I have too many one-shot ideas and I'm gonna write them ALLLLL...anyway I'll probably continue this day in the next chapter or do another update friday when I write some more....sorry!