15 - Separation Exploded

Don't Say Goodbye, just Be mine

“Minkyung-ah!” she heard someone barged into the store room and calling for her. The locker’s door was opened. She could see a blurry figure before everything went black.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

Minkyung opened her eyes slowly. She saw a brunette boy holding her hand tightly while caressing her hair with the other hand. “Minkyung-ah, gwenchana?” the boy looked at her with a worry expression. She looked around her, she was in the infirmary. She forced her back up and leaned on the pillow.

 

“Do you think I’ll die, Sungjong-ah?”

 

“Shh.. don’t ever say that.” Sungjong placed his index finger on her lips.

 

“I thought you were Woohyun-sunbae.”

 

“What!?”

 

Minkyung pinched the shocked boy’s cheek. “You’re cute when you’re shocked.” Sungjong blushed at that compliment. “Sungjong-ah, I have a favour to ask.”

 

“What is it? You can tell me. Malhaebwa.”

 

“I want you and me to be normal. I mean as a secretary and her assistant. Nothing more than that.” Sungjong eyes widened like he was totally shocked.

 

“But why?”

 

“Because it will hurt many people if we do so. I can’t.. by the way.. I ..” Minkyung stopped. She knew that if she didn’t do it here, there’s no other chance. If not right now, her heart will take over her. If she didn’t said it, it will only hurt the boy more. “I’m uncomfortable with you. I hate your aegyos..” she held her tears from dripping. She lied. It hurts so much that it felt like she was stabbed with a thousand swords.

 

“But..” Sungjong took a deep breath and close his eyes tightly. Swallowing every words that Minkyung told him. “Fine. Araso. I’ll just act like nothing happened.” He smiled weakly tears staring to form at the corner of his eyes.

 

Minkyung didn’t lift her head up. Afraid that the boy might see ‘the river’ was overflowing. Sungjong went out from the room. Walking fast-paced, didn’t care that he bumped into some person. He just walked and walked, trying to forget his unrequited feelings.

 

Minkyung covered her face with her hands. Her emosions took over her. Tears trickling down her cheeks and dripped onto the bed sheets. She didn’t want to do it but it’s the best for both of them. “Mianhae.. Su-Sungjong-ah..” she said between her sob. “ I can’t love you or say goodbye. I can’t bring myself to do that.” Minkyung looked out through the window. She let her tears trickling down one after another.

 

- to be continued -