12 - Darkness In The House

Don't Say Goodbye, just Be mine

Sungyeol was about to turn off the main switch when everything went dark. “AAAAHH!!” a girl’s scream was heard.

 

‘ Yes! My plan worked. I don’t even have to trick my brother, it happens naturally.. I guess luck is on my side, Jongie~’ Sungyeol smiled. ‘I should go upstairs and see what happens’ he went upstairs.

 

“Minkyung-ah!” Sungjong stormed into Minkyung’s room. He didn’t care that he bumped into something (A/N:it’s Sungyeol) before he found Minkyung’s room. “Minykung-ah.” Sungjong called again with a lower voice, echoing in the room.

 

“Su-Sungjong-sshi” Minkyung’s voice was so low , it sounded like a whisper. He saw a figure sitting at the corner of the room, arms wrapped around her knees. He dashed towards the figure. He hugged it tight without thinking twice. He didn’t even have time to care if the ‘thing’ in his embrace was a ghost. Fortunately, it’s Minkyung.

 

As soon as Minkyung got into the boy’s embrace, she nuzzled her head into Sungjong’s chest. Eventhough it was awkward, she felt safe in the arms of his, tightly hugging her like it was the end of his life. She hugged him back, tugging his arms like her life was depending on it.

 

Sungjong felt scared. The thunders and lightning groaning or flashing about. He felt something wet at his chest. He could hear the girl’s sob. His heart beat faster when he realized what he was doing. He hoped that the girl in his embrace didn’t hear his fast-paced heart beat.

 

‘Is it my heart or his that beating faster?’ Minkyung thought as she felt the embrace had loosened. Sungjong cupped Minkyung’s cheek and lifted up to see her face. He wiped her tears away with his thumbs.

 

“Don’t be scared. I’m right here.” Sungjong looked straight into her eyes. She nodded her head as an agreement. She wanted the warmth back. Like reading her mind, Sungjong opened his arms. “Now, come here.”

 

Minkyung sat between Sungjong’s legs and nuzzled her head into his chest. Sungjong once again wrapped his arms around the girl. “Sungjong-sshi, I know this is not a good time. But, can I ask you a question?”

 

“What is it?”

 

“ Do you have a girl you like?” Sungjong’s heart beat went faster as he hears the question. There were silence for a minute.

 

“Urm.. yeah.. a lot..”

 

“ I didn’t mean that. I meant like.. like.. a girl you like the most.. like loving her?”

 

Sungjong’s face went red. He was thankful that it was dark eventhough it was a black out.

 

“Erm… yeah.. I have one.”

 

“What she’s like?”

 

“Erm..let’s see.. she’s pretty. She’s talented. She also can took my breath away. But the worse part, she stole my heart away. Right now, she didn’t even give it back!” Sungjong joked about it.. Well, it is kinda true. “ Forget about it.let’s go to sleep.” He was about to pull away when Minkyung held him tightly by wrapping her arms around Sungjong’s petite waist, not wanting the boy to move an inch.

 

“Let’s stay like this a few more minutes.” She whispered. Sungjong didn’t move so Minkyung took that as a ‘yes’. They stayed like that not for a few minutes but a whole hour. They drifted to sleep in that position.

 

Sungyeol, who is outside the room, peeking eventhough he knew he wouldn’t see them. So, he shrugged and went outside. ‘I guess my little Jongie really is in love. Sorry brother, I’m an eavesdropper!’ Sungyeol thought and smiled as he recalled the conversation in the room. He eavesdropped their conversation. He heard it all.

 

- to be continued -