Chapter 6

Love Is

Seoyoun's P.O.V

"I don't think you'd need any help, considering we have the exact same classes." My eyes widened at her.

 

"Seriously?! No way.." She only nodded and smiled.

 

"Wow, what luck. Well, should we go to our lockers?" 

 

"Yea, why not?" 

 

"Great, let's go then." She smiled and started leading the way. 

 

"So...any people we shoould be aware of?" I asked, turning the corner.

 

"Well, not really. All the people are really nice, the girls anyways. There are some boys you should be aware of." Raehyun told me, waving a hand to one of the girls.

 

"Like..?" I asked, turning my head to the side. There, I made eye contact with a few girls who shyed and nervousely bowed. I heard chuckling beside me and I looked at her strangely.

 

"Look like they're scared of you." 

 

"Oh. Anyways, the people that are s?" I turned my attention back to Raehyun.

 

"Well, you probably don't know, but there's this thing called Kingkas. They're the most popular guys in school, not to mention the biggest flirt. In that group, there's 7 members. Jeon Jungkook, Lee Seokmin, Kim Mingyu, Xu Minghao, Boo Seungkwan, Hansol Vernon Chwe and Lee Chan. Lee Seokmin likes to be called Dk, Xu Minghao likes to be called The8, Hansol Vernon Chwe likes to be called Vernon and Lee Chan likes to be called Dino." I struggled to keep my chuckle in as I heard the names.

 

"Seriously? Who came up with these names?" She just shrugged.

 

"I don't know, but everyone seems to be head over heels for them. Anyways, now, my turn to ask a question. Yesturday, is what Seungcheol oppa told me true? You know, about the type of student you are?" I shook my head and sighed.

 

"He overexaggerated it. Anyways, where are our lockers?" 

 

"Just over there." She pointed to a set of lockers right in front of a classroom. She jumped in front of me to get to a locker. 

 

"Wow. You must really love lockers." I sarcastically said.

 

"No, but they are helpful. Plus, this is my locker. 1013 and the one beside it, 1014, is your locker." She told me, pointing to a number in the top left corner on my scheduale. 

 

"Ohh..well, you were holding it all along, so I wouldn't know." I said, snatching it back. She just chuckled and opened her own lock to put it on, while I did the same.

 

"Hey, Raehyun. Finally change your style?" I turned around and saw a group of guys coming towards us, the voice coming from the guy who was in the front middle in the group. I looked back at Raehyun and raised an eyebrow.

 

"Y-yea." She looked down and bit her lip. 

 

"Well, you're still..well, geeky." I frowned and gave her a look, lightly smacking her to her senses. Even then, she didn't do anything. I scoffed at her attitude toawrds the bullying. 

 

"Oh, who's your friend?" I turned around to see the tallest guy in that group.

 

"S-she's my friend. She just transfered here from the U.S." 

 

"Well, then, I wouldn't mind showing her around. What do you say, beautiful? Want me to show you around?" He asked me, putting his arm around my shoulder and winking at me. This action caused attention from onlookers. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

 

"One, this geek, is my friend. Two, she isn't a geek. Three, I'm not interested in cocky bastards, such as yourself." I pushed him away hard at my last words, gaining gasps from the onlookers.

 

"Ou, she's fiesty."

 

"Kim Mingyu rejected for the first time!" 

 

"Shut up Hansol." Hold up, the names sounded familar. What did Raehyun say, again?? Something about..ah, yes, kingkas. These obnoxious group of guys were suposed the most popular boys in the school.

 

"If you guys aren't leaving, we will be. Goodbye." I scoffed, pulling Raehyun's wrist inside our homeroom class, aka. the class right in front of us. I purposely shoved against Kim Mingyu and forcefully pulled Raehyun into the class.

 

"Woah..I just can't believe you said that." 

 

"Where do you want to sit?" I asked, ignoring her.

 

"Seoyoun, this is a big deal!" She half shouted and half whispered.

 

"The back seats seem perfect." I pulled her to the furthest seats from the board and sat down, setting my bag behind my chair.

 

"I'm serious! You do realize those were the kingkas, right?!" I looked at her and she had her arms crossed against her chest.

 

"Oh, please. Of course, I realized." I yawned, setting my feet on my desk.

 

"Then why did you-"

 

"I don't give a about who they are and their status. Okay? If I don't like the cocky jerks flirting with me, then I show it. Look, there's something you should know. What Seungcheol oppa told you yesterday might have been a little exaggerated, but it isn't a lie. Some respected me, some were scared less of me and some hated my ing guts. You know why? It's because I stood up for the I didn't like, and frankly, I think you should too." I interupted her, standing up. She was a good 7 cm taller than me, but I still managed to glare at her. 

 

"I..I just, don't want you to get hurt. They're going to make your life hell now." She sighed, sitting in her seat. I sat down as well.

 

"I get it, but I've been through worse. So..whatever. Let them come. They sure as hell can't win."

 

"Minghao is like the kungfu panda at our school." 

 

"..okay, I might be a little screwed. That flirt, what's his face? Kim Mingyu? I can take him, no problem." 

 

"Good luck."

 

"Plus, I have 2 trustworthy oppas." I winked and she laughed.

 

"So, when does class start?" I asked, looking at my cell phone.

 

"I don't know..it's supposed to-" She was interupted by the bell.

 

"Looks like we got our answer."

 

***

 

"So, if you don't have any questions, grab your stuff and stand up." I looked at Raehyun and sighed, but stood up. We grabbed my bag and we migrated to the front of the room. The teacher was already starting to move some students. I felt someone staring at me and shift of a body. I turned around and instantly, I rolled my eyes.

 

"Not even a hi?" 

 

" off." I turned back around and was about to proceed to talk to Raehyun, when the teacher called my name. 

 

"Kim Seoyoun and Kim Mingyu, you two will sit here, in the back. Don't make me regret my decisions." 

 

"Yes, Mr. Yoon." Mingyu replied, unlike me. I caught Raehyun's eyes and she had a look of pity. I signalled her it was okay and that reminded her I could take on this cocky bastard anyday and anytime. We sat down and I took my phone out, seeing 10 different messages. 

 

"I guess it's fate." 

 

"Shut up." I shoved my phone in my pocket, glaring at him.

 

"Cheer up, buttercup. Don't deny the fact that you'll be falling for this-" I quickly raised my hand, standing up, making an evident noise to catch the teacher's attention.

 

"Yes, is something wrong?" 

 

"Yes, there is. I don't think I can sit beside him. He keeps on annoying me,by being a flirt. I really don't want a criminal record." I sternly stated without any emotion, gaining some looks of fear by some of my fellow students as well as the teacher.

 

"W-well, um, I guess you can change with Yoonmi. Yoonmi, move to the back with Mingyu and Seoyoun, you can move up to the front with Boo Seungkwan." I smirked in Mingyu's direction, knowing I won.

 

"See you, later loser..or not at all. Yea, that would be so much better for me." I said, making him scoff, and also returning a smirk.

 

"This isn't over."

 

"That's what you think, jerk." I scoffed, grabbing my bag and leaving. 

 

"T-thank you." The Yoonmi girl shyly said to me, making me scoff.

 

"I honestly don't understand why you're thanking me, but you're welcome." I madde my way and plopped in my new seat.

 

"So, I'm just going to give you this period to get to know each other. No moving around. Stay in your seats." 

 

"So, you're a new transfer student." I raised an eyebrow at my new desk partner.

 

"Yea, you were there this morning at the lockers, weren't you?" I asked him, answering his question in the process."

 

"Yup, Mingyu hyung has a new target, and it's you." I rolled my eyes.

 

"Yea. I noticed. So, you're part of the group? Wait, hyung? Mingyu hyung? You're in a younger grade?" He chuckled as part of his response.

 

"Woah, so many questions. Yes, I am. He's older than us, but he got held back an year. There's more of us, but they graduated. All the 1997 liners got held back an extra year. Well, The8 hyung came from China, so he entered in a grade lower. DK hyung had a bit of family troubles, so he had to take an year off. Jungkook hyung and Mingyu hyung just got held back an year because they failed to graduate last year." I nodded and chuckled.

 

"I didn't ask for a whole biography, but thank, I guess. So, why aren't you like..that cocky bastard?" I motioned to Mingyu.

 

"I really don't know why everyone thinks that." He chuckled and gave me a bright smile.

 

"Wow, I think you're one of the bearable ones." I sighed, leaning back in my chair, making him chuckle once more. 

 

"Thanks, I don't know if I should feel honoured or not. I feel like I should be." I nodded. 

 

"So, not everyone is as stupid as him." 

 

"Mostly everyone." I laughed, a genuine laugh. Looks like my quick temper came into good use.

 

"Wow, looks like you're honesst. I like you." He became flustered, blushing a bit. He cleared his throat, smiling a bit.

 

"So..um, what's your schedual like?" He sat up straighter as I chuckled. Not because at his attempt to look for my schedual, but at his cuteness. I opened my binder and took the slip of paper out.

 

"Here." I handed the slip of paper to him and waited as he examined it. 

 

"No, way! We have the next class, last class and lunch together." I sat up straight and chuckled.

 

"No, way. Do we?"

 

"Yea, we do. Here, wait." He pulled out his scheduale and put it next to mine.

 

"Oh, yea. We do." I said, nodding at the same time. He nodded as well and started comparing. I looked at his face and smiled. He looked up and we met each other's eye.

 

"W-what's wrong? Is something on my face?" He stuttered, his face turning a light shade of pink.

 

"No, nothing. If there was, I would've told you a while ago. So, anyways..you were saying about Mr. Yoo's class?" I turned my attention back to the scheduales, hoping he would too. Thankfully, he did and picked up where he left up. 

 

Maybe this won't be as bad as I thought it would be.

_________________________________________________________________

A/N: It seems my chapters are getting longer hehe.

Comment down what you think of it so far^^