Chapter 3

Love Is

Seoyoun's P.O.V

"So, you have no intention of dating him?" I got to admit, as much of a social bug Seungcheol oppa was , he's still scary when he wants to be. The eyebrow raise he had with the piercing glare matched his nuckle cracking pose.

 

"Yes. I'm not dating anyone, especially a flirt like him." I assured him for the 100th time.

 

"So..you're not going to date? Ever?" He gave a slight hopeful smile.

 

"Now, I didn't say that." I chuckled and got up from the sofa. Even in the kitchen, I could hear his whining.

 

"No!! Stay and live with oppa forever~" I almost dropped my phone in the sink when Seungcheol oppa tackled me with a full on bear hug.

 

"Oppa! Get off!! NOW." I yelled the last word. Seeing that didn't work, I stomped on his foot hard, making him groan in pain and hands going to his foot.

 

"You didn't have to go that far. Geez." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

 

"By the way, I'm having a friend sleep over tomorrow. Clean your room. I already got the okay from Namjoon oppa, so it's set." I made my way to my room, closing the door behind me. As if it was on cue, at the moment my door closed, Seungcheol oppa's whining could be heard. I chuckled and shook my head, getting ready for bed.

 

***

 

It was already 2 AM and I couldn't sleep. I tossed and I turned, but nothing helped me sleep. I sat up and reached for the little drawer rigth beside my bed. I took out a lighter and lit my candle. Putting the lighter back, I smiled as it burned. I inhaled the scent - it was the perfect scent. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was a fresh, clean cut smell that was relaxing. I laid back down my bed and I suddenly thought of everything.

 

I hated it when Namjoon oppa  went out to those rap battles. He's 21, an adult, but I just couldn't help worrying about him. It's dangerous, since it is underground. Diss battles happen and then beofre you know it, someone's hands are on your throat. 

 

Things happen. 

 

For every battle you win, you get prize money. His excuse was that he loved rapping so much that he wanted to take part. In front of him, I just nod. I try to convince myself that's the real reason, but I can't help listening to that little voice in my head, saying that it's because of the money. In the day, he's a university student. Then, at night, he does this. Just for the money. Just so we can have a little more. 

 

Ever since our parents died, everything's been chaotic. We moved all the way here, so we can start fresh. It was to help us. The thing is, it's harder on Namjoon oppa. He's trying to be a dad figure. He tries, and I know he blames himself whenever we're sad. The thing is, he's doing a perfect job. Seungcheol oppa, he's..well, is the perfect older brother. Let's be real, he's not the smartest, but he's always there for me. For Namjoon oppa. For his newfound friends. Then there's me. I'm just a mess, I don't know how to really let people in. I don't know how my brothers do it, especially Seungcheol oppa, but he just makes it look so easy. 

 

________________________________________________________________

A/N: It's a bit short and boring, but it's just a little inside/background thing, so you have a better idea of how the characters are. The next chapter should be more exciting aha ;)